Candlewood Suites Employee Reviews

No culture cultivation. Management are young and inexperienced with people skills. Definitely no team work
FRONT DESK CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 17, 2018
I feel in order to run a successful shift you need to have open communication with your team, when you're too busy to acknowledge your employees you are demonstrating how the tone will be interpreted in the office. It is important that your team feel valued.
Pros
You can get discounted rooms
Cons
No breaks, no direct deposit, no benefits..no team recognition
work place
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAOctober 16, 2018
Its a fast-paced work environment. on a slow day you can be out in about 3 to 4 hours and on a busy day you could have a 7 to 8 hour day. it seems to depend on the day of the week and season.
Run away while you still can!
Guest service (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 16, 2018
Drew Patel is the "owner" if you could call someone who knows nothing about hospitality or management. The remodel is shotty and cheap and the lack of workmanship shows. This hotel is going down the drain and taking the staff with it. Drew Patel does not follow laws or OSHA guidelines. He is the by far the worst person to work for and will fill your day with childish, immature, unethical and unreasonable behavior. The hotel is going to lose it's IHG affiliation soon which will surely cause it to close. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Cons
Drew patel
Great job to get into the hospitality Industry
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2018
Candlewood was a job that allowed me to advance in experience within the hospitality industry. It taught me how to be a great Customer Service Rep and also helped me to improve on my Guest Resolution skills. I managed a team of over 12 employees, overseeing daily work tasks and the completion of daily customer transactions and interactions with the staff. Overall it shaped me into the person that I am today.
Pros
IHG Rewards
Cons
no to list
Not a bad place to work at, but wouldn’t recommend
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAOctober 13, 2018
There’s too much drama between all the workers and the management team is horrible. There is no teamwork. Refuse to give us raises of those who haven’t had their 90-day pay raise, which is unfair to those who have.
Pros
Discounts on hotel rooms for vacations
Foundation for career growth
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 10, 2018
Candlewood offers growth for every department. The staff works as a team and management is always there to help. The job teaches you so much about customer service.
Good Job
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZOctober 9, 2018
The hotel was very diverse. The customers were mostly military and retired military and they were awesome. I really enjoyed being able to provide them with a service.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short to no breaks
my work experience at candle wood suite
House man (Former Employee) –  4021 mannheim rd shiller park il 60176October 5, 2018
my experience at candle wood was very good i was head of house man and my job was consisted as striping room /making sure house keepers had what ever they needed moping and sweeping lobby vacuum hall ways restocking and dropping and picking up the guess to and from the air port and meetings
enjoyed my time there
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 3, 2018
The people the management my friend s were very caring and supportive. we were a team. If I had to go back I would. I moved because I finally advance in what I graduated in. The medical field and I loved it.
Extremely stressful
Front Desk Receptionist / Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 2, 2018
People who stay here have more say than employees, employees are overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated. A lot of employees in this year alone have resigned with 2 week notice or left on the spot.
Great coworkers and greater guests
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 30, 2018
Anyone who has ever worked for a hotel chain knows the beauty and horror behind the business. Being a front desk clerk makes your job that much harder. You are the face of the hotel and everything you do and/or say is a reflection on your hotel's brand/image. All in all, I've worked for a competitor hotel and I can honestly say Candlewood Suites has expanded my outlook on the hotel business. Working for an extended stay property allowed me to familiarize myself with all departments inside of the hotel. You truly take on every role at this type of property, which has its pros and cons.
Pros
employee rate
Cons
short staffed at times--hectic schedule on occasion
Great
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North DakotaSeptember 24, 2018
A typical day at work included cleaning guest rooms, and taking care of garbage, laundry and filling chemical bottles at the end of the day.
I learned how to clean a room in an acceptable manor. Management there was great. Very friendly and forgiving. Workplace culture was nice. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the exhausting list that was giving to me some days (lists that had over 15 rooms, while I was working by myself). The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I made some good friends there, and they honestly made it a little more bearable.
Pros
Quiet, Short work days sometimes (if you like that), Multiple days off a week, Payed over minimum wage
Cons
No benefits, No guaranteed amount of hours
Management was not goof
Guest Service Associate - Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Management wise was not good.
In the morning there was people checking out and heading to work and our shuttle driver was on time.

The manager did not care about employees.
I had to figure this out on my own and so I manage to do so well.
Quick paced and very organized
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXSeptember 20, 2018
In the morning the housekeepers ger their cart ready with fresh blankets, towels and new shampoo and conditioner. Along with cleaning supplies to clean the room. We try to finish a room within 30-35 mins
Pros
Half off food and drinks from the little store they have inside
The management could have been better but consider I needed the job I could get along with everyone
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKSeptember 19, 2018
I worked hard for the two years I was there I think pay could have been better I did alot for this company. I trained new employees all the time when staff was short handed I had to be head housekeeper I also inspected rooms everyday besides being a room attendant but I think my Pay should have been more. I just enjoy working hotels
Pros
Free drinks 30 min breaks provided uniforms
Cons
This includes kitchens in every room lots of detail work
Loving place,Great Atmosphere
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE/NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg vaSeptember 18, 2018
Great management
Staff is a family. The guest are friendly why because its a extended stay hotel. I recommend the job to anyone that is responsible..
Located right off the main highway, always busy.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJSeptember 12, 2018
After clocking into my 3-11pm shift I would start by printing out all the reservations the hotel was expecting for that day. Make proper phone calls to receive confirmation number and payments for their stay. Make reservations via phone calls for future visits, appointments for the free shuttle service and scheduled house cleaning to certain rooms that became vacant.
Pros
Laid back. Very friendly staff and guests.
Cons
After 6pm was left alone with no security in case of emergency.
Realaxed, and fun job to work at.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bay City, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Working here has deffinatly gave me a direct customer exsperiance skills which i will be able to use in all aspects of life.Ive learned alot hete from sales , to direct customer relations.
Great
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 10, 2018
Candlewood was a great place to work. I can that the only reason I left; was because there was no growth opportunity. I learned how to make decisions and believe in myself.
Good Company but Difficult to sell
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKSeptember 6, 2018
There is such a saturation of extended-stay hotels in the Owasso, OK area, with a direct competitor being right across the street. My direct superior was understanding and supportive but regional support was difficult to come by.