Candlewood Suites Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 17, 2018
At first the job was great but when the head housekeeper quit everything went down hill. The job was really stressful, i will never and my life work for candle wood suites again.
Poor management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 16, 2018
The sale director has no business to be in management due to the way she treats her employees. She gives her family discounted rate at the hotel under her name
Negative
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 16, 2018
Laundry never ready when it's time to clean rooms poor management they show favortism you only get paid twice a month if nothing has changed you dont get tims to clean rooms properly they rush it i need more than 20 mins to clean a mini apt
Cons
No breaks
Sanibel location was awesome!
Night Manager/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 14, 2018
Miguel was the best manager I ever worked with/for. Extremely down to earth and knew his stuff when it came to running a hotel. Would've loved to pick his brain more but being the Night Manager/Auditor made it a conflict of schedule to do so. Tony was promoted to supervisor during my time there and it couldn't have happened to a better person. All in all, got to work with some really cool characters aside from management. Got to know some really nice people/guests and one odd one. Aside from the rare knucklehead that would make the smoke alarm go off once a week, it was a nice place to work.

Would still be working there, but health issues made it so that I couldn't work over nights anymore. Went back for a few months to work days but ended up in a better paying job. If corporate would allow for a better living wage for it's workers, I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Fire alarms!!!
love it and super fun
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 12, 2018
very helpful and will take the time to train you and if something was missed will work with you to make sure you learn it. they work with you when you have 2 jobs
Sad and hurtful
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 12, 2018
They suck i would never tell nobody to work there. I hated the job just needed work. Don't ever work at this one. They are very rude. They use old stuff
Great
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 10, 2018
Love it great place good people great atmosphere cool calm building is great customers where wonderful benefits ok good vacation time payday come on time
Regular Housekeeping job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 9, 2018
I worked at this hotel back in 2016 so I'm unsure of whats changed since then, however I worked at the one on Lithia Springs, near six flags. The commute from Stockbridge took about 45-50 minutes, of course even longer if there was traffic. The hotel is privately owned, there were no benefits only hotel discounts. The hotel is an extended stay so the people are staying there for weeks at a time so they only get housekeeping once a week. Most tipped good. The hardest part of this job was when laundry would run out of sheets so you're there longer waiting for some to come out the washer. The best part about this job is they have a pantry full of snacks for the guest and employees, and the employees were allowed to get snacks and stuff out of the pantry and could put it on your tab until it reached $10.
Pros
Hotel discounts and free snacks out the pantry
Cons
No benefits
Over rated Hotel which one step up of a Motel
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 7, 2018
Unfortunately, you have a strip bar down the block of the hotel where every weekend you come across alcoholics, strippers, drug addicts and troublemakers.
Pros
No so demanding
Cons
Bad management, no benefits, no job security
Great place to work!
Supervisor/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2018
I worked as a supervisor here prior to having my child! If you have a Great team take care of them and they will do the same! When moral is high everyone wins!!
Love it
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 3, 2018
I love my job. My co-workers are so friendly and very nice which makes me look forward to going to work everyday. My manager and staff members are awesome at managing such a professional office.
Awful.
Housekeeper, night audit. (FD as needed) (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 3, 2018
Very toxic work place. Lots of drama&gossip as if I was in highschool. Management was TERRIBLE!!
Felt very pressured and stressed entire time working
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Lack of communication. Drama. Toxic environment. Just awful.
Toxic
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 31, 2018
Management is awful. Very negative work environment. They are very belittling. Management gets in your business and will go through your belongings while you're working.
Not a good place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 28, 2018
Worked for this company full time. Gave this place my all, hardworking and dedicated. A management company took over and everything went down hill from there. They wouldn't get supplies needed to do the job. My hours were cut even though my position was a full time position, the reason I took the job to begin with. Upper management is unprofessional and talk down to employees.
Pros
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
Overworked & Underpaid
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 27, 2018
This job is not worth the headache or the stress. They don't train you but have some guy who has used their old outdated software for 15 years standing over your shoulder telling you that is the wrong way then lecture you for 45 min on the proper way to do it although neither way is right or wrong and both gets the same results. Just this giys way of letting you know you are stupid. Not worth it
Pros
Cons
No breaks, do everything from every department and getting talked at like you are an ignorant piece of garbage
its not good place to work.too much drama and messy.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  156 classic rdMay 26, 2018
I recommend no one work there not even my kids.they are not organized.they don't work as a team.you never know when you will get off.ot either they cut your hours or only give you maybe 3 days off.
Pros
Cons
30 minute break.
I was Night Auditor and front desk clerk.
night auditor duties (Former Employee) –  Freeland, PAMay 26, 2018
I greeted new customers at desk, checked in to suites and also took reservations oover the phone. At night I completed all the reports of a night auditor and placed billing under doors of exiting guests.
Pros
Excellent training and great team to work with.
Cons
Sometimes short staffed and people calling in sick.
Review of Independent Franchise
Guest Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 22, 2018
This hotel was managed poorly, with no consideration for the staff and no real knowledge of employment practices law. The company culture was poor, to say the least, with no regard for the customer either. Compensation paid was not fair for the job duties performed, the workload, or the hours.
Stressful
Front Desk Receptionist/Hospitality Concierge (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PAMay 20, 2018
My specific branch had been going through General Managers like I've never seen in a company. As a result there was a lot of turnover with the employees. A lot of people were being hired and thrown in without being able to be properly trained. As for the housekeepers, a lot of very sketchy people were being hired because they just couldn't keep them in. They were demanding perfection of the rooms, as they should require in any hotel, however they weren't giving the staff enough time to meet those requirements and punishing those who took shortcuts. Our jobs were regularly threatened by the manager and the time clock hanging over our heads made it one of the most stressful environment I've ever worked in.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities to move up
Cons
Poor management and time constraints
Poor management
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 18, 2018
Gm is drama. Sits and talks about her employees to other employees and causes hostile work enviornments. She brings her home life to work. Just not a good work enviornment unless u like gossip and drama