canepa Employee Reviews

Trial by fire management
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAMarch 4, 2019
If you thrive under tyranny and intimidation, this is the environment for you! If barking instructions and poor communication skills are your forte then submit your resume. If you welcome being told to not ask questions and that we don't have time to train you, and most often we just let people sink or swim, then put on your life jacket, you're going to need it.
Pros
There werent any.
Cons
All of the above
The Business Office Manager is very abusive- run while you can!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAFebruary 19, 2019
I heard negative stories about the business manager before I had my first day and boy should I have listened to them! She is a mean, rude lady who will constantly belittle you, cuss at you, and tear you down until you can't handle it anymore. I wish good luck to anybody who has to work alongside her- you will definitely need it!
Run while you can
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAJune 13, 2018
Want to be yelled at? Want to be overworked and underpaid? Youve found the right place. Throw objects at peoples faces. Getting cussed out. Great place!
Pros
Cons
Place is full of them
Extremely poor management and no communication regarding expectations.
Fabricator/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I was terminated three days after hire for no apparent reason. When pressed the only answer given was extremely vague at best, "not working out". Yet all employees familiar with my work complimented me on my skills and results.
The real answer came a week later while job searching on Indeed. They were now seeking to fill that position at half my salary.
Finding qualified fabricators with forty years experience making difficult components isn't easy. Finding one for poverty wages is foolhardy if not impossible.
You get what you pay for. I would be reluctant to get behind the wheel of a race car with steering fabricated by a novice.
Saving money but putting customers at risk is shady at best.
Good luck out there. Buyer beware.
Fast pace workplace, great cars!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAMay 5, 2017
I did love the people of Canepa and made some life long friends that I love. It can at times be a hostile work environment. But my advice would be just lay low keep your head down and do your work and you will be fine. I say this because they pay well and have very good benefits.
Pros
Good health care, competitive wages.
Cons
fast pace, need to be able to keep up and get your work done.