Canine Company

Canine Company Employee Reviews

Great job, hard work.
hard work but satisfying. Not very stable, sometime allot of work. other times very little work. overall good people....................................
Great company
Great company, great communication with.management and friendly competition with other employees. Commission is fair and there are always ways to earn more or move up. One of the most fun jobs I've ever had.
Great place great people
Excellent pay and work enviornment keep all of there vehicles new and qell stocked everything runs smooth with there systems they use to run pay and keeping things stocked for you
Great company great coworkers
These guys are really great to work for upper managment is approachable easy going and takes on more of a mentoring role than a complaining knit picking role..just a really great company,its a fun time only down side is fall and winter work is dead but pay you a guaranteed 35hrs a week whether younwork the full 35 or not(obviously have to work each day etc) if those times didnt happen would have loved yo stay
Great Experience Outside Postitive Dogs
My experience so far working as a van rep for Canine Company has been awesome. Working with dogs, cats, and seeing some pretty incredible places. My day to day is typically installing an invisible fence system, servicing and training on the system. Always a positive environment when working with great pets and people.

The main reason I joined the company was because I saw a way that allowed a possiblity for your pets to have freedom without the need for a physical fence. Working with such an innovative and a large, yet growing company. I felt welcomed and encouraged to succeed and this is in only my first year of employment.
Pros
Take home vehicle
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great place to work. Great people, great benefits, and satisfying work.
I am a field/van technician. If you aren't afraid of work, and love animals, this job is great. I grew up on farms loving and caring for animals. This carried right over working for canine company. It's a great mix of challenging/rewarding physical work as well as learning and teaching animals. It also doesn't hurt having a good understanding of how low voltage electronics work(this is not a necessity as they will teach you everything you will need to know). Overall I love working for canine company. I am provided with my own van, gas card, company phone, benefits, and many other great perks. There are allot of ways to make money on top of what you make hourly. The pay is very fair especially when first starting out. So if you love animals, especially dogs, and you are willing to learn and work hard, it definitely pays off. There are also many other positions in the company like pet spa, pet visiting, sales, call center, etc. So if where your first placed isn't your best fit there is always opportunity to move around in the company. Canine love.
Pros
Company vehicle, phone, pay, hours, satisfying work, everything.
Cons
Work in all weather. Rain or shine.
Productive and fun work environment
Best company I've ever worked for never plan on leaving I wake up and want to go to work in the morning. This company takes care of it's employees and its clients. I have never worked for a company that is so employee oriented and care so much I have truly been welcomed into a family not just another job or another company but a family and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in life working than with canine company. if you're looking for a family-oriented job or looking for a career this is it must love working with dogs and great people.
Great place to work!
All in all great company, well run. They care about the dogs, the clients, and their employees. Accommodating when you need something, they value people who work hard and generally treat them very well!
Pros
Company car, paid time off.
Cons
Hours can be long for people who have families.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Canine Company?
This job was a lie- a total lie - I was promised between 40-45k. Received about 22k for 11 months of work.
They promise you good pay; they do not deliver. It is commission based, don’t let it fool you. Work life balance does not exist. You have to work Saturdays and Sundays and you only get 2 days off in a row one weekend per month. Dental after one year, even though you are paying into it. Spring and Summer are slammed - winter, they expect you to pick axe the frozen ground to find wire breaks In sub zero/polar vortex temperatures. “ they allow you to warm up in the car when you need to,” but will make you stay at the job until it is completed even if it is for 5 hours. The people I directly worked with were great,
This is a good job, if you have NO expenses, are young, live with your parents and need spending money. This is NOT A CAREER JOB.

You have to EARN YOUR PTO! Don’t let that fool you!!!

The hourly pay is not enough to survive. You get a .50 raise per year, no guarantee on hours of you are sick, which means you don’t get paid enough to live in the winter months if you have taken a sick day. They don’t care about their employees financial needs or are willing to discuss additional tips or pay when asked how to make more $ in the company. Don’t work here unless you have 0 bills or live with family. You will not survive financially. You also have to leave your house at 6:30 am every day... and you live in your vehicle... on the plus side, the customers are great and the dogs are adorable. But it doesn’t pay... we should work to live... not live to work.
Pros
Company car
Cons
No work life balance, terrible pay, horrible hourS (early and late) you have to work Sundays and Saturdays.
Official response from Canine Company
February 11, 2019
Hello Anonymous reviewer, I am sorry your experience did not resemble what most of our employees experience with Canine Company. We do have an hourly pay structure, as well as a commission based pay structure; and what we see as the average does meet the amounts you mention – but you have to show up for work or the average may not apply. We provide a variety of opportunities for our employees to not only increase their pay, but grow into different roles within the company! Weekend work is something that we rotate for employees – as we do have some seasonal work that requires more hours. Please be advised that your review is incorrect in stating that you pay into dental before you receive coverage. One of our benefits is qualifying for dental coverage after 1 year of service. The company contributes monthly to this cost of dental insurance, and in cases our contributions covers the entire cost of dental insurance. WE provide all the tools for our employees to complete daily work – and we agree that the people that work with us at Canine ARE Great! We find that employees that show up and want to improve the relationship between a pet and pet-parent thrive here at Canine. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.
Run away
You have to be at every job by 730 even if it's 2 hours away and if you're not there at 730 on the dot. It's a problem. Managers won't help with pesky clients and will still expect you to sell after they're upset. They don't care if you go home at 9 at night. I missed Halloween with my kids twice. No paid drivetime for home drives. Don't pay attention to "north/south" rep you're an all around state rep all year long. They have no problem sending you ALL across the state at 5pm for 2 more jobs. And they will give you a hard time after you have worked 11 hours about it. YOU WILL WORK IN FREEZING WEATHER AND WILL HAVE TO CHIP AT GROUND INCH BY INCH TO FIX BREAK IN WIRE. Will pay more for an inexperienced college student than a worker who has been there for 10 years. Performance based raises. The field rep with 13,000 in sales (best in company and client satisfaction) got a 50 cent raise and was told it was the highest raise in the company. Managers are young so no room for promotion. You will have to go in water too. Unreal goals. Have to remain perfectly clean even after being in dirt ALL DAY or they will take away from profit share. Managers will pop up with no warning. Unless your sales are good. You make no money. 1600 every two weeks for training. Then 900 every two weeks when training is finished.
Pros
Company van
Cons
Slave driven. Crooked management.
Official response from Canine Company
December 18, 2018
Anonymous reviewer, I am sorry your experience did not resemble what most of our employees experience with Canine Company. We do have paid drive time for employees, who also enjoy a company vehicle and company gas card; that they are able to use for commuting and personal use. We do have competitive pay, and performance based raises - which are tied to an employee’s performance. With many outlets to discuss ideas as well as any concerns an employee has, we are open to feedback and input from all employees. With My Career Path - a program for growing throughout Canine Company which has led to many promotions in 2018, including newer employees. We make every opportunity for employees to thrive; however not everyone may be a fit. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.
Wonderful place to Grow!
Great place for 1st job or to start a career. Family owned/operated for 35 years. Great benefits, fair pay, and hard work is recognized and rewarded. Management open to feedback/ideas!
Pros
Company car, competitive starting pay, working with dogs
Cons
Some long days (seasonal)
Great company run by great people
Family owned and operated. This company and its owners were a pleasure to work for during my time there. Good pay, availability for advancement, and you get to save dogs lives daily!
Pros
Good pay, benefits, working with pets
Cons
I love working here. I have been a groomer for 14years now, and I would never go back to working in a salon. I love the fact that I can driving around go to different people house, build a great relationship with my clients, and if I finished early, I get to clock out and go home. Some days are long, and some days are short. For the most part my days are around 8-10hours of work. You must communicate properly to your management, and 90%of the time you will get what you ask for unless it’s something outrageous.
Pros
Freedom to come and go as I please
Cons
Someday’s are long
Do it for the dogs
I've worked as a Pet Visitor with the company for 2 1/2 years. I go on calls for 30 minutes to an hour. Management and support team are amazing. Very responsive and helpful at all times.
Downsides are wear and tear to my car - some jobs are over 40 miles roundtrip to work a flat rate 30 minutes . A week during peak season may require 200+ miles and cost of gas. That cost plus car wear and tear means you work for very little pay. Off season there is almost no work.

There are NO pay increases for this position.

Jobs are assigned the day before - can be problematic if you have other commitments. But the manager is very responsive to personal needs time-wise.

I do it for the dogs! I do it because the company has a great team and a big heart.
Pros
Helping animals. Great people.
Cons
Low pay. No raises. Wear & tear on car.
Great company to work for
Canine Company is a great place to work. The managers are supportive, understanding and approachable. Everyone is willing to help out when you have a question. Though there are many different departments within the company, everyone works together and collaberates as a team. One thing I liked was the extensive and thorough training they provide. You definitely learn the product and feel comfortable selling it. After every level of training passed you are given a bonus, which I found to be helpful starting out considering the salary pay was an adjustment for me when I accepted the job and chose to switch careers. There is room for advancement and growth and if you want to try another position the company is willing to find a place for you. The best part of my job is helping keep dogs safe, happy and healthy. Plus, the office is dog friendly, which is a huge plus in my book!
Pros
401k, flexible scheduling, commission structure, culture
great place to work
so far I've been with the company since December and they have been very accommodating for me im a single mom and the first call when something is up they work with me to give me they days and times that I need off the company is very family oriented and overall a great company to work for
Rewards Hard Work
I've found that when you put in the work and voice your opinion to climb the company ladder, you get opportunities. The company is seasonal - so its demanding at certain times of the year. In the off-season you can really put your mind to work and develop strategies and reflect on/ analyze the data you gather from the rest of the year. Working in the office gives more predictable hours and a clearer delineation between work and outside life. Managers are great - always willing to listen. The culture has improved significantly in the last few years - there is a new focus on employee satisfaction that is really gaining steam. Hardest part of the job is adjusting to the labor demands in different seasons and the extra work load that entails. The most enjoyable part is having co-workers that you can trust and rely on, as well as the open campus environment! We have a pack of loving dogs roaming the property - and when you need a reset button, they always are available for a belly rub.
Pros
Capable/ Responsive co-workers and managers
Cons
Seasonal Nature of business
Great place to work if you enjoy working hard and enjoy freedom
canine company has provided me with a expirience like no other, once you work here it is very hard to imagine working anywhere else. the co workers become friends for life. although we work alone most days, we are all on the same team. we look out for each other and when help is needed we are there for each other. i enjoy coming to work everyday and enjoy what i do. Canine company is set up to succeed, if you work hard you get paid more plain and simple. self motivation is needed here. I have worked a few lengthy jobs in my life and being 35 years old i am looking at canine company as being my last stop. If you like feeling like you made a difference not only in a persons life but a pets life canine company will give you that everyday. This is a career. If you like freedom and a rewarding work place fill out a application and start your career.
Pros
freedom, pride, friends, good pay. oppurtunity to advance
Cons
traffic
Best Job Ever!
Do you enjoy freedom? Do you love dogs? Do you like to be in control of your paycheck? Do you enjoy being treated like a family member rather than just an employee? Then Canine Company is for you!
From the first interview to almost 5 years later, I have been treated with respect, awarded for my performance and have had coaching when needed. Are the hours long? Sure, but worth it. But it balances out during the lean months when you’re only working 4 days a week.

If you want to sit inside a cubicle from 9-5 this job is not for you. If you want to be outside, play with dogs and get paid for that? Then fill out the application, go on the interview (very thorough background check btw) accept the offer and welcome to the family!
Pros
Company Car, Paid vacation, 401k, flexibility with schedule
Cons
Base Salary could be a better
Great place to work., If you like freedom and keeping dogs safe and dogs and clents happy
I've been hear 16 years and yet have had a better job opportunity especially for only a associes degree, we average 8 hours all week, bit they can be much longer in the summer. Winters are guaranteed 35 hours per week
Pros
Freedom, good money work with dogs
Cons
Work in all weather, can be dirty but I love dirt that's not frozen ha ha
Best Job I have ever had.
Best Company to work for in New England Period. Doing Great Things from Pet Training, Containment, Pet Spa and Pet Visiting. Working outside is great and if you like to work at your own pace and not have to drive to an office every day this is the job for you. Very wide range of different jobs you can try and if you move they are more than willing to accommodate you.
Pros
Pay, available hours and overtime
Cons
Na