CANNDESCENT

CANNDESCENT Employee Reviews

United States23 reviews
it is a good place to work at butthe bad would be that they need better managing skills. I feel they could take a few better decisions that would help the company strive as a whole.
Regardless of the poor reviews, this is a good company to work for and a solid place to learn about cannabis.

Canndescent is one of the few companies that try to do things right. There is always room for improvement and they are honest about it.

They provide great benefits. Where else do they pay 100% for employee vision and dental HMO? They provide life insurance, have a 401k plan, and EQUITY for all employees. They also provide a decent contribution toward medical benefits.

Cleaning standards during the pandemic are outstanding! They hired two employees who clean the facilities all day and evening.

They try to do it right and are one of the top companies to work for in this industry.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, location, great co-workers, and decent facilities.
Cons
Pay, accountability at all levels, getting everyone to care about creating a great culture.
The people with cannabis knowledge aren’t fit for managing other people and the management doesn’t know how to grow or how horticulture operates, with unrealistic expectations based on ignored OSHA standards and profit forecasts. Ego and incompetence will ensure promotion for those who abuse power over others. Mold and spider mites are blamed on workers instead of a building not designed properly for its purpose. Sexism and misogyny prevail and HR is useless against a company culture engrained in regressive mentalities. Seemingly, against all common sense, it’s higher management operates to fail.
Pros
Discount on subpar product
Cons
Black market mentality under a corporate logo
This company is the absolute worst, they do not appreciate their employees, HR is useless and do not do their job! I have given several complaints about certain managers who abuse their authority and they have done nothing. Several other employees have complained as well and they do nothing. Their product is infested with spider mites and mold and they still process the material for the public, when there was too much mold or other bugs they would just send it off to the lab for extraction. Do not work here!
I work in cultivation and horribleit has horrible managment. They fired all the lead scientists and are trying to fire the last one we have. They dont care about doing anything right only cheap and it shows in their product. If you are not part of the inner club they use you and throw you away. Stay away from this place it is going down in flames.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Don’t work for this place if you value yourself. The company from the outside sounds amazing. But once you get in the door you realize quickly this place knows nothing about business. This company has made some really bad business decisions which resulted in people losing their jobs. This place has a high turnover rate for all departments. HR is absolutely useless they don’t take harassment seriously at all nor do they help out with any issue. I had even known a few people that said HR never even set them up with their benefits after the allotted amount of time. Their products are far overpriced for what they are producing. Bad company in all aspects
Equal opportunity does not apply to African Americans. Terrible place to work based on that fact alone. Pay rate descrimination. If your african american, dont waste your time.
The HR people are lazy and tend to defer your questions and concern to the people that are supposed to know what they are doing and ten out of ten they don’t. Too much finger pointing going on instead of people owning the mistake and getting it fixed. Some people believe they are better than others and get treated like so which makes the whole equal opportunity that they claim they have isn’t in the workplace at all.
Terrible contaminated products being manufactured and pushed by Canndesent/ Good Flower. Don’t consume! The management is a joke with no real experience on leadership. The higher heads at headquarters try to cover up their foot steps by firing those who complain of a dangerous work environment. Racism, sexism, and hateful slander is tolerated here. HR completely useless.
This company is headed one way... straight into the ground. Every marketing claim that is made by corporate is a blatant lie. They use two different inventory management systems that is typically an indicator of falsely inflating profit margins. They claim to promote from within... that is a blatant falsehood. Departments often fight each other rather than be supportive. This is a company where entry level employees are far more knowledgeable than higher-ups . There is no way this company will ever do anything but flop.Quite honestly working for canndescent is a giant risk not only to your wellbeing but your integrity and pride. They care little for employees and even less about brand integrity. These green rushers will make a bad name for themselves and cannabis in general.
Canndescent is a waste of time. Not only do they ignore brand integrity to make poor business decisions but I have heard people higher up in the company that they care more about packaging than the product they provide. They blatantly ignore fire safety and osha regulation even when employees bring them to a supervisors attention and don’t care for the people that actually make their ship sail. I can’t give less than 1 star or I most definitely would.
I enjoy working at canndescent. I like the Monday through Friday schedule, I also enjoy the paid time off. Canndescent gives employees a great platform to learn the advanced technologies that are becoming available in the marijuana industry today.
Overall my experience with Canndescent is very positive. As a Brand Educator you are responsible for training budtenders and patients/customers about the product, getting people excited and feeling positive about the brand. As long as you are ok with lots of driving you will like the position. You talk to customers to tell them about the company, any specials being offered while you are in, and gain as much info as you can about the shopping habits of customers and perception of the brand among staff. You also assist with private events or parties.
Pros
Good pay, nice allowance for gas, great culture and amazing coworkers
Cons
Startup environment, on the road a lot, not always time for meals between demos
good place to start your cannabis career. I have done many different departement so they really reach out to give you a chance to stay working with them if you dont fit with the position they hired you in.
I have been with Canndescent for over a year and have loved every moment! Even when deadlines get tight, production schedules get heavy - we are a TEAM....we are a family! The humans here are second to none.
Pros
People, Benefits, Culture
This is an amazing company to work for. Everyone at canndescent is friendly, full of energy and happy to be at work. Management is professional and friendly. I am truly happy to come to work every day because I feel valued and appreciated here.
I can't complain too much. I love my job, I grow weed for a living. Its pretty stinking cool. The only cons I have is the hiring of people with no knowledge of cannabis and the way it grows. Other than that, it a great company with great people.
Pros
Benefits, you are an equal owner of the company, discounts on meds.
Cons
Managment, no communication. Facility is way too small.
Most days, are fast paced, but in the best way possible. The employees are great to work with, and management is very helpful and friendly. There are set schedules that are Monday through Friday, with voluntary overtime weekend every so often. Hard workers are always given the chance to move up in the company, even entry level positions.
Canndescent has been nothing short of amazing. The people I get to work with are all super professional and knowledgeable. It's really cool to see how admired the company is by people in the know.

Something like 45% of new hires get promoted within their first 6 months, so that's amazing.
Pros
industry and company is growing so fast, there's a lot of room for career growth
Cons
still in startup mode, uncertainty with future regulations
The culture, benefits, people and cannabis are wonderful, the best in the industry. There are lots of opportunities for growth and they support career development.
Pros
Culture and opportunity for growth
Cons
Not enough snacks, they only last a day or two.
From the first day I started work at Canndescent I have felt appreciated, motivated and part of an amazing Team. From the CEO all the way down the organization, we are connected and driven. The most important part of this Company, and being an employee in it, is culture. Canndescent is the epitome of a culture based workplace. Due to this, we are a huge family. When things get tough or busy we all pitch in to get it done. Managers and Supervisors here are excellent at showing appreciation and moving high achievers up the ladder. In my previous work experience hard workers are often taken advantage of; so it is extremely refreshing to be a part of a Company where hard work is rewarded and not just used. I can't speak highly enough of Canndescent or the work family I've gained. Beyond all of the above, we're producing the best cannabis I've ever seen! In my opinion there's no better place to be!
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers, Commissary, Management, Industry, True TEAM