Canon Business Process Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

positive
Mail clerk (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 14, 2018
This is a very lay back non stressful job. Very little management as long as you did your job. Friendly and positive people. very flexible with time and vacation.
Pros
people are very friendly
Cons
no raises or promotions
Facilities / Mailroom clerk
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 11, 2018
Horrible managers
Horrible salaries
Horrible Benefits,medical insurance has unrealistic premiums
No teamwork
Ratio of Canon mgrs. to workers is at least 3 to 1
No loyalty because you are a contractor and it is reinforced daily by mgmt.
As a Contractor you have two masters, Canon and the Client which makes it almost impossible for you to please both.
Pros
temporary employment
Cons
benefits, salaries, contract employment
My review
Geophysical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2018
Working for Canon there went over board with so many different things and the was always morning meeting to remind you that you are a contractor employee only.
Supportive
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 21, 2018
Fast paced but you have an ability to have a life outside of the office. They are supportive and offer training classes and materials to move forward with knowledge.
Working at Canon
Business Development Representative I (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJuly 19, 2018
I learned a lot here working at Canon from cold calling b2b businesses and marketing certain products to those companies and organizations I talked to.
Canon Solutions America
Digital Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 17, 2018
Canon is a great company to work for. I learned how to diagnose and fix the copier machine, also provide a solution to the customer on how to maintain their machine.
Great work environment; coworkers are like family; manager involvement is lacking.
Office Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 14, 2018
I loved working there. My coworkers were amazing. Family-like support system. They will always have your back. Often joke around and have fun. Manager is often absent, always leaves early, frequently calls out for "personal reasons", mostly takes a hands off approach, and prefers to relay messages to the team through fellow employees.
Quick pace operation with much flexibility to provide client with positive results
Assistant Manager, Distribution Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2018
A typical day at work is managing the day to day operations as part of Work Place Services -Distribution. Staff of 15 at 3 sites. Each site providing the same services for the client.. Each day you had to be ready for the unknowns that arise during the day and be flexible to full the staffing needs. I learned that each team member, being cross trained , supported the requests. We had a culture of professionalism but also understanding respect for each other. The hardest part of the job was to counsel a team member, in hopes they will succeed, and do not take the advice and teaching of management.The most enjoyable part of the job was looking forward to seeing each team member each day and hoping for a long term relationship and future growth opportunities.
Canon is a cent work place
Logistics Building Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 9, 2018
Canon is a very productive place of employment,and also alot of team work, and communication is involve. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the cients and learning there culture, and also gathering with my co-workers. My hardest part of the job was picking up and droping off the mail do to heavy traffic.
Pros
vacations
Cons
Never recieve a raise
Stay goal driven
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2018
Canon is a good fit if you are willing to take accountability for the actions of upper management. You are expected to manege yourself and your employees, be the liaison for the company and they dont really want to compensate you for it.
Pros
freedom to make decisions
Cons
Compensation, Compensation, Compensation!
Productive place of business
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 11, 2018
The job itself is busy, a typical day sorting and delivering mail and FED-EX,DHL, and UPS packages, data entry. There are no advancements for me and my position. The hardest part of my job would be lifting and delivering heavy large boxes especially during the holidays. I enjoy meeting new people from different cultures. Management is very displeasing have no concern for their employees.
Pros
Meeting new people, and making friends with the customers.
Cons
Mismanagement, PTO time, Raises
The worst job ive ever had
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJune 11, 2018
It is a workplace steeped in nepotism, favoritism, and Full if very unhappy, negative, catty women. You can't go to the bathroom without One of them timing how long you were gone, but they are allowed to take excessive breaks, and hoop and holler like they're in a Saloon. It is by far the WORST job I've ever had
Pros
Cons
Too many back bitting women, neootism, fookishness
profit driven
Field Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 4, 2018
Typically, the job is geared toward maximizing profits, regardless of individual needs. Secure place to work, but you'll starve, while being told how profitable the company was.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
often diluted, and translucent company focus
Management was very bad
Mailroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2018
Management was not very professional, had a tendency to micromanage and did not treat employees on an egual basis. Benefits were average, no raises or growth opportunity.
I enjoyed my time there.
Office Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time there! If the contract was not taken over by another company, I would still be working there at this time. My manager at the time was great to work for.
Very Productive, Fun Work Place
Mailroom Clerk/Print room Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2018
At Canon Business Processing Services, we worked as contractors for a petroleum company named Andeavor Corporation. I worked as a customer service rep. and as a print operator. I would open our section of the building every morning, made sure all work load was completed in a timely manner. And took care of all inventory and or special project materials. I learned so much by being a print operator, different programs, as well as being an a high productive environment. I really enjoyed the challenges that I faced everyday because there were different print jobs that customers would request. I would love to work at a place that gives me challenges so I can gain more knowledge and experience.
Pros
Work Enviornment
Cons
Job Security
Friendly working environment.
Mail Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 22, 2018
It was friendly work environment in which I was always kept busy, which is how I like it. I regularly went the extra mile to multi-task and helped out in the warehouse with large bulk deliveries to free up the client's warehouse staff.
Pros
Occasional company lunches.
Cons
It was a long commute in Irvine.
overall a fun workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMay 18, 2018
a typical day at work was to perform my duties and accomplish at the EOD....learned alot with processing invoices electronically and working with 2 different software where some invoices would be processed into Ariba and some into Peoplesoft, management in the beginning was great then towards the end was not as great but all in all it was nice to work there! i do not think there was anything hard about the job my AP lead was very helpful when i had questions she always had an answer. we always had potlucks, ice cream and popcorn socials, holiday parties, every other friday we all participated in bringing something in to eat, munch-on, treats etc...
Pros
for the 1st 2 years that i was there the company provided a free lunch every month
Cons
health insurance was kind of pricey
Very productive
Operational Excellence Leader, Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
Can take classes/learn what you want.
Loads of software available to download.
Job growth is up to you.
This is an excellent company.
This was an excellent position.
great place to work
OSR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 30, 2018
Servicing the customers with there mail/the business part of core and diversity/management excellent/the culture of the workplace was exceptional challenging/making sure the incoming and outgoing mail was properly disturbute to various mail routes/I love the part in servicing customers and helping co-workers...
Pros
celebrate ones accomplishments in bringing in treats, snacks
Cons
great place to work overall/incentives great/

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon Business Process Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.