Canon Business Process Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Stay goal driven
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2018
Canon is a good fit if you are willing to take accountability for the actions of upper management. You are expected to manege yourself and your employees, be the liaison for the company and they dont really want to compensate you for it.
Pros
freedom to make decisions
Cons
Compensation, Compensation, Compensation!
Productive place of business
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 11, 2018
The job itself is busy, a typical day sorting and delivering mail and FED-EX,DHL, and UPS packages, data entry. There are no advancements for me and my position. The hardest part of my job would be lifting and delivering heavy large boxes especially during the holidays. I enjoy meeting new people from different cultures. Management is very displeasing have no concern for their employees.
Pros
Meeting new people, and making friends with the customers.
Cons
Mismanagement, PTO time, Raises
The worst job ive ever had
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJune 11, 2018
It is a workplace steeped in nepotism, favoritism, and Full if very unhappy, negative, catty women. You can't go to the bathroom without One of them timing how long you were gone, but they are allowed to take excessive breaks, and hoop and holler like they're in a Saloon. It is by far the WORST job I've ever had
Pros
Cons
Too many back bitting women, neootism, fookishness
profit driven
Field Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 4, 2018
Typically, the job is geared toward maximizing profits, regardless of individual needs. Secure place to work, but you'll starve, while being told how profitable the company was.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
often diluted, and translucent company focus
Management was very bad
Mailroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2018
Management was not very professional, had a tendency to micromanage and did not treat employees on an egual basis. Benefits were average, no raises or growth opportunity.
I enjoyed my time there.
Office Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time there! If the contract was not taken over by another company, I would still be working there at this time. My manager at the time was great to work for.
Very Productive, Fun Work Place
Mailroom Clerk/Print room Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2018
At Canon Business Processing Services, we worked as contractors for a petroleum company named Andeavor Corporation. I worked as a customer service rep. and as a print operator. I would open our section of the building every morning, made sure all work load was completed in a timely manner. And took care of all inventory and or special project materials. I learned so much by being a print operator, different programs, as well as being an a high productive environment. I really enjoyed the challenges that I faced everyday because there were different print jobs that customers would request. I would love to work at a place that gives me challenges so I can gain more knowledge and experience.
Pros
Work Enviornment
Cons
Job Security
Friendly working environment.
Mail Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 22, 2018
It was friendly work environment in which I was always kept busy, which is how I like it. I regularly went the extra mile to multi-task and helped out in the warehouse with large bulk deliveries to free up the client's warehouse staff.
Pros
Occasional company lunches.
Cons
It was a long commute in Irvine.
overall a fun workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMay 18, 2018
a typical day at work was to perform my duties and accomplish at the EOD....learned alot with processing invoices electronically and working with 2 different software where some invoices would be processed into Ariba and some into Peoplesoft, management in the beginning was great then towards the end was not as great but all in all it was nice to work there! i do not think there was anything hard about the job my AP lead was very helpful when i had questions she always had an answer. we always had potlucks, ice cream and popcorn socials, holiday parties, every other friday we all participated in bringing something in to eat, munch-on, treats etc...
Pros
for the 1st 2 years that i was there the company provided a free lunch every month
Cons
health insurance was kind of pricey
Very productive
Operational Excellence Leader, Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
Can take classes/learn what you want.
Loads of software available to download.
Job growth is up to you.
This is an excellent company.
This was an excellent position.
great place to work
OSR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 30, 2018
Servicing the customers with there mail/the business part of core and diversity/management excellent/the culture of the workplace was exceptional challenging/making sure the incoming and outgoing mail was properly disturbute to various mail routes/I love the part in servicing customers and helping co-workers...
Pros
celebrate ones accomplishments in bringing in treats, snacks
Cons
great place to work overall/incentives great/
Overall Good Job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2018
I'd recommend this job, I have nothing negative to say. You work with multiple companies Canon is usually contracted through another company. They usually hire good people.
Fast Paced Environment
Manager-Purchasing/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
Your day starts as soon as you log in and before you know it, your day is over. Very fast paced with a great team to fall back on when needed. There is a great work environment here and I enjoy working with each and every person I've met here at Canon. The hardest part of the job is the travel, I manage seven locations throughout the United States and I'm traveling five to six months of the year.
overall
Mailroom Office Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Overall canon is a good to start but I've always wanted to move up and I feel like I reached my point to a brick wall now and ready to move on to advance myself .
Cultural Differences
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 20, 2018
Worked onsite at a Japanese company and was educated on the culture for work and personal. Gained experience in meeting room reservations multitasking and negotiations.
Pros
8 hour days only
Cons
Contract onsite at client location
Canon is a good place to work
Sr. Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
I have learned much from my manager and I have enjoyed my time with them. The hardest part of the job is managing the people. You do not have very skilled worker. hen you pay very little you do not get much.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Once you become a Manager there is no other room for advancement
Work environment very antiquated
Customer Service/Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2018
I think Canon Business Process Services could be a good company to work for, but their systems and protocols are not up to speed with the current trends.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Needs skilled managers or training
Great start for students and pleasant environment to work.
Document Control Clerk/Scanner (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 12, 2018
Working at Canon is very stressful with teamwork. There is a need for more job advancements and compensation. Overall this company is
a great start for high school students and for people that want to
supplement their income.
some of the people in this company is for themselves
Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2018
Terrible management..no care for employees. You work to make them richer. They don't stand behind their on values. leaving was the most enjoyable part. The best part is the people with the other company I had worked for were nice.
Pros
looking forward to finding something better
Cons
Not finding something fast enough
A good place to start, but not to stay.
Law Firm Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 4, 2018
PROS:
- All the managers I have met have been AWESOME!
- Great place to start if you need to get some work experience. If you are willing, you will learn a lot.
- Benefits are decent.

CONS
- Human Resources (in California) is VERY frustrating to work with.
- You only earn 1 PTO day a month. Days must be used by end of the year or they go away. This is the only paid time you get for sick leave/dependent care/vacation.
- Not a lot of room to advance within the company.
Pros
Managers, Benefits
Cons
Human Resources, Pto, Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon Business Process Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.