Canon Business Process Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Review Summary
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2018
A typical work day is coming in fresh with the intent to be as confident as the previous day to get things done in a timely fashion. Always making sure that I revise over work that was corrected and learning ways to be better for the next project. I follow a protocol of the most important tasks to be attended to 1st. I make sure all accountables (Fed EX, UPS, etc.) are tallied up for inside & external distribution. I check with the other departments, such as hospitality,are in good as far as workflow and meetings have the right items. The lunch hour is spent clearing the mind. After intermission, its on to the computer to check for supplies to be ordered around 3 pm. 4-5 pm its time to Make sure accountables are checked again, copy jobs are QC'd. 6 pm is the deadline for dinners to be ordered. There's the wind down time where documents and others of importance are prepped for next day delivery. Once all the night attorneys are informed of dinners then its time to prepare for the next day.
Pros
Saturday lunches are free
Cons
little compensation for services, micromanaging, bad insurance
Not Worth It All. Stay Away.
Office Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2019
Canon is the most backward company, I have ever worked for. The management rushes things and is caught pleasing clients, instead of caring for employees. Management also micromanages and picks at employees for no reason. It’s not worth it. I truly would never recommend this company to anybody.I am genuinely looking forward to the day, I can get a new job.
Pros
None to think of.
Cons
Low salary, mismanagement
Loved this job
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IADecember 12, 2018
I really enjoyed the work and coworkers/supervisors at this location. The work kept me busy and the day flew by. Some coworkers did not pull their weight, but most were wonderful, as were the supervisors.
Pros
cafeteria, work independence
Cons
low raises
No an recommend place for nobody
Office Services Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2018
This place is one of the least that I could recommend to anyone, bad handling, bad benefits, bad training is one of the worst companies to work with. In my opinion is a place for people who do not like to work hard.
Pros
No Benefits, No good Training, No good Management.
Cons
Good for people who don't like to work or perform.
Claims Processing Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
Canon Business has taught me a lot of new routines. Its not stressful but can be but not likely. they pretty much don't like to give raises. the medical benefits are not that good. They somewhat looks out for they employees.
No growth
Copier Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 22, 2019
Steady work and work at your own pace. No opportunity for growth. Every time I received a raise, there was a corrosponding expense...ie, insurance cost increase, cut in hours, etc.
Great
CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 29, 2019
This is a good place to work. Great management. Everyone is friendly and help is always a call away. Benefits are ok but better than most places. I would recommend this to others.
Productive place of business
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 11, 2018
The job itself is busy, a typical day sorting and delivering mail and FED-EX,DHL, and UPS packages, data entry. There are no advancements for me and my position. The hardest part of my job would be lifting and delivering heavy large boxes especially during the holidays. I enjoy meeting new people from different cultures. Management is very displeasing have no concern for their employees.
Pros
Meeting new people, and making friends with the customers.
Cons
Mismanagement, PTO time, Raises
Facilities / Mailroom clerk
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 11, 2018
Horrible managers
Horrible salaries
Horrible Benefits,medical insurance has unrealistic premiums
No teamwork
Ratio of Canon mgrs. to workers is at least 3 to 1
No loyalty because you are a contractor and it is reinforced daily by mgmt.
As a Contractor you have two masters, Canon and the Client which makes it almost impossible for you to please both.
Pros
temporary employment
Cons
benefits, salaries, contract employment
Imaging
Administrative Support & Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Disorganized only care about themeslves. Management is clueless. Have to threaten to leave to get a small raise. Expect more than what the job description is.
Cons
Canon is a cent work place
Logistics Building Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 9, 2018
Canon is a very productive place of employment,and also alot of team work, and communication is involve. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the cients and learning there culture, and also gathering with my co-workers. My hardest part of the job was picking up and droping off the mail do to heavy traffic.
Pros
vacations
Cons
Never recieve a raise
positive
Mail clerk (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 14, 2018
This is a very lay back non stressful job. Very little management as long as you did your job. Friendly and positive people. very flexible with time and vacation.
Pros
people are very friendly
Cons
no raises or promotions
Simple job made into something stressfull
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2018
Not a good place to work at all. Very low salary and raises if you get one. Complete job description not given, so a lot of surprises as to some of the job duties required.
out source compamy
hard worker (Former Employee) –  787 7th aveSeptember 17, 2018
been working with cannon for 11yrs just trying to find something better now getting older need better benefits. medical health insurance. vacation and sick time.
Impress
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2018
Canon is a very customer service oriented company that offers a variety of services from copy/print/bindery to office management, furniture moving, office relocation, and a variety of tasks outside of the usual scope of services. Simply ask to find out if there's a rate that can be applied or a service handled.

The sites vary but the tasks are usually similar, you are the cog that keeps the wheel running behind the scenes. It's an often thankless job similar to that of a janitor. (You may have actual janitorial duties assigned).

Due to the shift from paper to digital work, CBPS primarily offers assistance with the maintenancing of meetings (setup, catering, cleaning, at/iv). Lifting heavy objects is often required including assistance with furniture relocation and building.
Pros
Great Clients in some cases, Steady Hours
Cons
Low Compensation rate for the Jack of All trades mentality, PTO is used for any time off and must be accrued through an hours bank
Typical Office Services Enviroment
Office Services Representative/Porter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 27, 2018
Job is typically mundane and regimental. You are encouraged vto pursue activities that make Canon look good, but offer nothing to you. Vacation scheduling is rather simple, and generally there is enough people on sight to cover your absence. There are definitely quiet periods when you are sitting and staring into a void, but it does get busy.
Pros
Work you do is challenging.
Cons
Need to work on benefits plans.
Don't Expect To Last If You Have Any Self-Respect
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 4, 2019
I had hoped to remain with Canon indefinitely, as my direct manager and co-workers were a great bunch who didn't hesitate to help you out if you needed a hand. Our "Operations Manager" though was another story, as I was soon to find out. While I won't bore anyone with the details, l will say that I went from an outstanding employee review two weeks ago to the unemployment line just now because there was absolutely ZERO loyalty shown me. If you stand up for yourself or for any of your co-workers in the face of harassment by one of the client's people you will be summarily discharged with no appeal or possible recourse.

As such, I would advise anyone considering going to work for Canon not to, that is unless you have zero self-respect.
Pros
None that come immediately to mind.
Cons
No job security. Expensive health care. Toxic corporate environment.
Stay goal driven
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2018
Canon is a good fit if you are willing to take accountability for the actions of upper management. You are expected to manege yourself and your employees, be the liaison for the company and they dont really want to compensate you for it.
Pros
freedom to make decisions
Cons
Compensation, Compensation, Compensation!
A good place to start, but not to stay.
Law Firm Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 4, 2018
PROS:
- All the managers I have met have been AWESOME!
- Great place to start if you need to get some work experience. If you are willing, you will learn a lot.
- Benefits are decent.

CONS
- Human Resources (in California) is VERY frustrating to work with.
- You only earn 1 PTO day a month. Days must be used by end of the year or they go away. This is the only paid time you get for sick leave/dependent care/vacation.
- Not a lot of room to advance within the company.
Pros
Managers, Benefits
Cons
Human Resources, Pto, Advancement
Management was very bad
Mailroom Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2018
Management was not very professional, had a tendency to micromanage and did not treat employees on an egual basis. Benefits were average, no raises or growth opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon Business Process Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.