Canon Information Technology Services, Inc.

Canon Information Technology Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Was way better years ago.
TSRII Consult (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 14, 2019
With the new CEO things went from a great place to work to a living nightmare. No jobs are safe now. While most of the supervisors were awesome to work for the managers were very rude and would stab you in the back. Pay is horrible since i left I have had 3 job offers all making more money starting off then what I made in 17 years at Canon.
Pros
Great supervisors.
Cons
Pay. Management. Job security (now)
Productive and fun work place
Admin Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 11, 2019
Productive and fun work place. The benefits are the best part of the job. There is always room for growth within the company. The management is great. they have a open door policy.
Great benefits, mediocre pay
Tech Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87109November 9, 2018
Management is the best thing about this place. Complete transparency, they do not blindside you with termination for poor attendance, works with you, not against you. The President of the company is kind and always greats you by name, very rare from multi-million dollar company presidents
Pros
Benefits and people
Cons
Shift changes are rare
Horrible management
Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNNovember 3, 2018
Lots of stress for little pay. Managers did not listen and were only out for themselves. If you like to work hard for no recognition, this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Management, Time off, Advancement opportunities
Headache to say the least...
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 20, 2018
Great company. Hard to balance work life & home life because of work hours. Friendly coworkers. The customers make it stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay wage for what it's worth but not enough to compensate for the stress. Great benefits though.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wage is not enough. Hard to balance work & home life.
Good workplace, but you won't get rich.
Tier II Consult (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 19, 2018
Canon ITS treats its employees well, but they don't pay competitively. The general environment is very accommodating, and the managerial staff is wonderful. There are monthly morale-builders that are decided upon by members of the staff.
Best job I ever had!
Printer Tech Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  ChesapeakeOctober 7, 2018
I worked here as a tier 1 printer tech for 3 yrs. When I left I was completely burnt out with tech support but I’m retrospect this was the best company and job I have ever had. They value each employee and many company functions to display this. They offer competitive wages and get raises twice a year. The trainings around a month and is good. Nothing but good things to say about them.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement. Stock options 401k
Cons
The won’t rehire unfortunately if you ever resign.
Very poor work environment
Call Center Representative, Technical Support I (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 26, 2018
This was the worst company I ever work for, and I do not recommend it to anyone. They are not truthful in their review of employee and I believe they fake data to make you look bad, so they don't have to give you a raise. They listen to almost all you calls and pick out the worst call you have to rate you also.
Job
Service Information Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 25, 2018
Alright place to work if you dont have children in daycare or elementary. There are no incentives to make employees excited about job or do boost morale. If you have young child or children who are sick make a grandparent or individual to help with the child. Taking off work is difficult if you have people in you do not have seniority.
Ok for a job, not a career.
New Mexico - Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2018
Overall, it's a typical call center. You will have a fixed schedule, taking inbound calls through your whole shift. 401k matching (min 6%). Poor management. Annual raises are 1%-3.5%. Most difficult part is monotony, and lack of promotions. People that work there are great, for the most part.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
low pay, poor training.
Workplace that can vary from stressful to relaxing any day.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 17, 2018
A typical day at as a TSR consists of helping customers with their issues with the Canon products that they own. Some customers allow you to help, and others call in irate. The workplace culture is pretty normal, a mixture of all types of personalities.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Difficult for shorter tenured employees to get better schedules
na
Tier 3 Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2018
Canon was a decent place to work, but the pay did not match the work that I was doing. The work I was doing was in the realm of what I went to school for but I wanted to work in the field that I have my degree in.
Its Ok to work here for the experiance
Tier One Printer Tech (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 21, 2018
I enjoyed it when I got hired, was doing well, but then the company culture stated to show they really have no desire to address issues with the employees that make the environment hard to work in. Human Resources tends to fail to address hostile workplace complaints until you threaten legal action, and even then, they draw the process out until the employee quits. It is a good place to get experience, but I would not recommend trying to make a career of it.
Pros
A lot of really cool people work there
Cons
Human Resources fails to act on Hostile Workplace issues
Great place to work!
Technical Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 4, 2018
There are few tech jobs in Albuquerque, and canon truly is a leader in that department. A wonderful place to work with best management and Pay and benefits.
Keeps you busy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 27, 2018
It’s a lot of product information that you need to retain or be able to find quickly so you can provide the knowledge for their buying decisions. Awesome job though!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 29, 2017
The company always make you feel valued. It is a very family oriented company. There is plenty of room for advancement and the benefits are great. The call center setting is very nice.
Decent Company to work for
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTIVE I (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 29, 2017
Good work environment, Good benefits, Good Management. Decent company to work for. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for work in the IT field.
Pros
Good Management team
Cons
No part-time positions available at this time
Productive and fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working with Canon very busy enviroment during the holidays i enjoyed the bonuses and how the coworkers were more like family and worked together as a team
Work Balance
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 5, 2017
Good company to work for but management reacts vs. being pro-active in situations that will benefit the company in the long run. advancement is very limited.
On time
Technical Support Representative Network Tier II (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 1, 2017
Make sure you are early so that you can be on time. you will have to log in to all of your computer systems so that you can clock in. Once you are clocked in you can prepare to troubleshoot on the phone all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon Information Technology Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Canon Information Technology Services, Inc. Reviews by Location