Canon Information Technology Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Best job I ever had!
Printer Tech Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  ChesapeakeOctober 7, 2018
I worked here as a tier 1 printer tech for 3 yrs. When I left I was completely burnt out with tech support but I’m retrospect this was the best company and job I have ever had. They value each employee and many company functions to display this. They offer competitive wages and get raises twice a year. The trainings around a month and is good. Nothing but good things to say about them.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement. Stock options 401k
Cons
The won’t rehire unfortunately if you ever resign.
Horrible management
Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNNovember 3, 2018
Lots of stress for little pay. Managers did not listen and were only out for themselves. If you like to work hard for no recognition, this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Management, Time off, Advancement opportunities
Headache to say the least...
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 20, 2018
Great company. Hard to balance work life & home life because of work hours. Friendly coworkers. The customers make it stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay wage for what it's worth but not enough to compensate for the stress. Great benefits though.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wage is not enough. Hard to balance work & home life.
Ok for a job, not a career.
New Mexico - Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2018
Overall, it's a typical call center. You will have a fixed schedule, taking inbound calls through your whole shift. 401k matching (min 6%). Poor management. Annual raises are 1%-3.5%. Most difficult part is monotony, and lack of promotions. People that work there are great, for the most part.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
low pay, poor training.
Very poor work environment
Call Center Representative, Technical Support I (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 26, 2018
This was the worst company I ever work for, and I do not recommend it to anyone. They are not truthful in their review of employee and I believe they fake data to make you look bad, so they don't have to give you a raise. They listen to almost all you calls and pick out the worst call you have to rate you also.
Workplace that can vary from stressful to relaxing any day.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 17, 2018
A typical day at as a TSR consists of helping customers with their issues with the Canon products that they own. Some customers allow you to help, and others call in irate. The workplace culture is pretty normal, a mixture of all types of personalities.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Difficult for shorter tenured employees to get better schedules
Good workplace, but you won't get rich.
Tier II Consult (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 19, 2018
Canon ITS treats its employees well, but they don't pay competitively. The general environment is very accommodating, and the managerial staff is wonderful. There are monthly morale-builders that are decided upon by members of the staff.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 29, 2017
The company always make you feel valued. It is a very family oriented company. There is plenty of room for advancement and the benefits are great. The call center setting is very nice.
Job
Service Information Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 25, 2018
Alright place to work if you dont have children in daycare or elementary. There are no incentives to make employees excited about job or do boost morale. If you have young child or children who are sick make a grandparent or individual to help with the child. Taking off work is difficult if you have people in you do not have seniority.
Decent Company to work for
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTIVE I (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 29, 2017
Good work environment, Good benefits, Good Management. Decent company to work for. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for work in the IT field.
Pros
Good Management team
Cons
No part-time positions available at this time
Work Balance
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 5, 2017
Good company to work for but management reacts vs. being pro-active in situations that will benefit the company in the long run. advancement is very limited.
Steady job to work for
Product Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 22, 2014
I worked here for 3 years before relocating. You do have the ability to work from home. and job is pretty steady with overtime available frequently. good benefits, but the hours can be difficult. If you have children, it very hard to find child care to open until midnight. They do encourage advancement, but be ready to work there 10 years before you get a upper management position. even with college.
Pros
cafeteria, cafe, gym, computer, own work station
Cons
hard to advance within company
Amazing company
BISG Tier I (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 1, 2017
The pay may be low but everything else is amazing here. The nature of the job is not too fast paced. The management and benefits are the best I have ever seen. You are not in danger of getting fired over lack of performance.
na
Tier 3 Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2018
Canon was a decent place to work, but the pay did not match the work that I was doing. The work I was doing was in the realm of what I went to school for but I wanted to work in the field that I have my degree in.
Employee friendly work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 16, 2014
Great place to work. The work/life balance is important to senior management and the morale in the company is very good.
Pros
Job Stability, employee friendly, great total compensation
Cons
Not many telecommuting opportunities for non-phone agents
great benefits and culture
Technical Adviser (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 8, 2015
The culture of canon and the way they care about their employees is what I love about it. The benefits and job security are spectacular. The opportunities to move in different directions is also awesome.
benefits
Cons
the phone system for pay
Really good place to work
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 13, 2014
I really liked Canon ITS as it gave you every opportunity to raise yourself up within the company. Yes, it is a call center, very fast paced, but if you know what you are doing, you get promoted quickly, such as I did. I worked in the evening, when the call center gets flooded nightly, 7 days a week. I was getting to the point of handling at least 50 calls a night and helping my other team members. The only reason why I left was that I moved to New Jersey.
Pros
flexible work schedule, pay
Cons
angry customers on phone
President of CITS is uneducated and Fake
Management (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 5, 2017
Canon USA is a great company and provides Canon ITS with the ability to provide great opportunities for all employees and great benefits. Unfortunately the leadership at Canon ITS falls short of what they are expected to do in relationship to Canon USA. The president lacks true leadership and guiding principles, in fact is such disappointment and fake.
Pros
The parent company's values and benefits
Cons
The leadership, uneducated, adriven by personal feelings not factual based as it relates to the success of the organization.
Canon Doesn't Care
Admin Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 7, 2017
Canon doesn't care about you. It doesn't care about your advancement. It doesn't care about your needs. You are nothing but a toll to be used and thrown away when you are done
Pros
tons of PTO
Cons
Everything else
From the inside
One of the little guys (Current Employee) –  AmericaNovember 1, 2015
Politics are high lower pay then other places of the kind and employees are treated as expendable and easily replaceable. Forced training's on useless items that are not needed for the job. Not family Orientated company .
Pros
sit down all day, Some good co workers
Cons
Pay, Mangement, Benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon Information Technology Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Canon Information Technology Services, Inc. Reviews by Location