Canon Solutions America Employee Reviews

World Class Company
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTOctober 8, 2018
I was very fortunate to have had a chance to work for Canon. The industry leading company focused on quality relationships. I was given plenty of ways to further my career and develop my skill set.
My opinion
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NJOctober 7, 2018
In my opinion you work 10x as hard then any other job.
This job is meant for a single person that has no kids or spouse.
You will see your work life more then your home life.
Decent company to work for
Data Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington NJSeptember 13, 2018
Great company to work for. Quiet environment allows you to focus on your work. Company always coming out with new ways to help employees advance. Company always keeping employees updated with progress.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not enough pay
I enjoyed working there
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working there the people were great. The work was interesting. I learned more about working on a computer. I entered the meter reads that the accounts summited
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
I had to drive 60 miles to get to work
Corporate Ran
Administrator (Former Employee) –  illinoisAugust 21, 2018
Management lacking, reactive company when it comes to customers instead of pro active. Great paid time off but very restricted on what days you can take off. High Stress
Canon - A Great Place to Work
State and Local Government/Major Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2018
Canon provides a great opportunity for those that can bring business with them. I was not there long enough to enjoy building a business from scratch.
Pros
Great direct management
Good work environment
Senior Account Manager & Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2018
The CSA division is a terrific group of people but struggling with competition. Falling behind in terms of technology and design. Other large competitors are taking over the market due to R&D and lack of innovation by Canon. These trends go back and forth but the last 4 years has been nothing but a slide.
Pros
Big company with great benefits
Cons
The core business of office equipment and printers is falling behind
Do not want to participate
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2018
I am not comfortable providing a review about Canon Solutions America in any public forum, so I will not be reviewing the company at this time. thank you
Not a professional environment, no one stays too long
Digital Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 14, 2018
On the first day of the job, I realized I made a mistake in applying here, but I say I will try and stick it out. No one stays too long. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Benefits first day of work
Cons
Not able to maintain employees to stay after 6 months, they try to get rid of great experience techs
Company review
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 10, 2018
Typical work day for me is 6:30 to 5:00

Different selling techniques

My manager is awesome

Culture is a fast pace environment

Having to fire an employee

Assisting my reps in closing opportunities, ride days with my reps to appointments.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Canon Resellers have better pricing on our equipment then we do
Workplace
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 5, 2018
Strong benefits Diverse group of people. Departments work collectively. Good group of people. Learned software as well as hardware solutions which was new territory for me.
Pros
Convenient to home
Cons
Not much mentoring
Do not recommend employment here
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 5, 2018
Not a good place to work. They give no help with finding accounts and give little time to succeed. The management does not help with accurate account information.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Must be in the office all the time unless you have an appointment, Must wear a suit and tie when today's businesses do not enforce this.
Management lacks leadership skills
SITE REP (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 3, 2018
There were times where management, upper management and HR allowed the client to mistreat employees. Every locations job duties differ depending on the needs of the client. Lacks culture.
High turn over
CONTRACT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJJune 26, 2018
The rate of turn over is high and there a lot of favoritism that goes on as well. I feel that work ethics could be done better among employees. I personally wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Jeans at certain times
Cons
High turn over
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative/Supply Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJune 26, 2018
Busy workdays always which is ideal for employees who are in favor of this style. Management structure could be stronger and well as added incentives for going above and beyond your daily reqirements.
not fun at all
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 22, 2018
They have no break time, lunch time 45 minutes but They pay only 7 hours and 45 minutes The Co-worker was laziest that I have never seen, If everything is hard He left for me. there are not thing enjoyable
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no break time
Good Company, slow advancement
Client Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
Overall good company, getting promoted is a bit slow. you're given raises based on how well the company does as a whole and not on your actual performance.
Pros
overall good
Cons
slow advancement
Great opportunities to move around and expand your skill set.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2018
Depending on the specific Canon account you are at, a typical work day would start with a morning huddle for the team. Then you will go about you administrative, reprographic, mail processing, or help desk duties

I have learned how to print/copy on a variety of canon reprographic devices: 5250, 400iF, 6000, & 7000 models. I have learned inventory ordering and tracking, time & attendance reports, learned to install servers and WAPS, and ineracted with a multitude of vendors.

Canon management pushes you to grow and excel in every area of support services. They promote unity and harmony in the work place. However, Canon management has always been very lax when it comes to dealing with problematic employees which is the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working at different accounts and meeting new people. this helps to develop new skill sets and make you a more rounded person.
Pros
Great benefits, good hours.
Cons
Management too lax on underperforming employees
A stressful place to work..
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJune 11, 2018
Managers are rude, two-faced, and the main manager is a assh. Friend one minute, next minute he'll throw you under the bus. Constant headaches and nightmares. Every month you have to meet a certain call ratio, efficiency, and productivity. When they wanna get rid of you, they will find a reason. I haven't worked there in years but I still have nightmares.
Pros
You drive from location to location. Not sitting in a office
Cons
Management is always bothering you. Get here get there
Canon is a great company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LaVista, NebraskaJune 8, 2018
Canon was a great company to work for. I learned a lot about myself and how to manager direct reports. The management there was professional and goal oriented. The work place was friendly and management was supportive and concerned about all levels of employees.
The hardest part of the job was how to motivate my direct reports at the end of month and keep them from getting over whelmed.

I enjoyed coming in every day to greet and see my co -workers.
Pros
Free lunches, how we were appreciated by management.
Cons
Long days at month end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon Solutions America. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight