Canon Solutions America Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a professional environment, no one stays too long
Digital Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 14, 2018
On the first day of the job, I realized I made a mistake in applying here, but I say I will try and stick it out. No one stays too long. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Benefits first day of work
Cons
Not able to maintain employees to stay after 6 months, they try to get rid of great experience techs
Workplace
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 5, 2018
Strong benefits Diverse group of people. Departments work collectively. Good group of people. Learned software as well as hardware solutions which was new territory for me.
Pros
Convenient to home
Cons
Not much mentoring
Management lacks leadership skills
SITE REP (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 3, 2018
There were times where management, upper management and HR allowed the client to mistreat employees. Every locations job duties differ depending on the needs of the client. Lacks culture.
High turn over
CONTRACT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJJune 26, 2018
The rate of turn over is high and there a lot of favoritism that goes on as well. I feel that work ethics could be done better among employees. I personally wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Jeans at certain times
Cons
High turn over
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative/Supply Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJune 26, 2018
Busy workdays always which is ideal for employees who are in favor of this style. Management structure could be stronger and well as added incentives for going above and beyond your daily reqirements.
Anonymous
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnoymousJune 23, 2018
If this company invested in 360 degree feedback similar to how unprofessional managers invest time in throwing hard working employees under the bus, CSA would really uncover how employees feel and how they are treated by their managers which sadly most are not fit to manage anyone. Managers in some departments are in positions they have no business having.
Pros
Time off, educational assistance
Cons
Unrealistic expectations with no support
not fun at all
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 22, 2018
They have no break time, lunch time 45 minutes but They pay only 7 hours and 45 minutes The Co-worker was laziest that I have never seen, If everything is hard He left for me. there are not thing enjoyable
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no break time
Good Company, slow advancement
Client Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
Overall good company, getting promoted is a bit slow. you're given raises based on how well the company does as a whole and not on your actual performance.
Pros
overall good
Cons
slow advancement
Great opportunities to move around and expand your skill set.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2018
Depending on the specific Canon account you are at, a typical work day would start with a morning huddle for the team. Then you will go about you administrative, reprographic, mail processing, or help desk duties

I have learned how to print/copy on a variety of canon reprographic devices: 5250, 400iF, 6000, & 7000 models. I have learned inventory ordering and tracking, time & attendance reports, learned to install servers and WAPS, and ineracted with a multitude of vendors.

Canon management pushes you to grow and excel in every area of support services. They promote unity and harmony in the work place. However, Canon management has always been very lax when it comes to dealing with problematic employees which is the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working at different accounts and meeting new people. this helps to develop new skill sets and make you a more rounded person.
Pros
Great benefits, good hours.
Cons
Management too lax on underperforming employees
A stressful place to work..
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJune 11, 2018
Managers are rude, two-faced, and the main manager is a assh. Friend one minute, next minute he'll throw you under the bus. Constant headaches and nightmares. Every month you have to meet a certain call ratio, efficiency, and productivity. When they wanna get rid of you, they will find a reason. I haven't worked there in years but I still have nightmares.
Pros
You drive from location to location. Not sitting in a office
Cons
Management is always bothering you. Get here get there
great company
Digital Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 3, 2018
great company, benefits and management. great work environment.. see resume. easy job training available. Pay was compatible able to learn all other aspects of the job (managment, enventory, warehouse

Good place to work, recommended.
Technology Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
CSA covers a lot of different locations. You can work for Canon at Heineken, at Times, at the hospitals (H&H), at HBO, etc... Some employees bounce around and help out at different locations working in mailrooms, in repro centers printing large jobs, or as receptionists answering phones.
A lot of times, people will get dismissed from one site and relocated to another, so CSA has more job security then other places.
Pros
A lot of freedom to choose how to get the job done.
Cons
Hard to get rid of bad employees
I loved the people here
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working here and the people I worked for were very supportive. They invested heavily in me an imparted invaluable industry knowledge and encouragement. I really wish I could have stayed but I could afford to with mounting bills and an extremely long commute.
Pros
free everything
Cons
pay
Typical corporate environment
Order Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 16, 2018
Results driven environment that caters to sales.A lot of interdepartmental communication required. If you are someone that takes pride in your work, this is a good place to work.
Pros
Great benefits and a lot of paid time off.
Cons
raises are poor. 38.75 hour work weeks.
Great company to work for
Contract Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 15, 2018
Great company to work for. Much room for advancement. Employees are very friendly and very helpful. Makes you happy To come to work everyday. Would highly recommend
Excellent stepping off point for an IT career
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2018
Canon business solutions is excellent stepping off point for an service based it career with excellent benefits however there is very little opportunity for advancement. and salaries are not competitive.
Tedious and unpredictable
Regional Site Representative; Various Companies (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2018
I was hired as a full-time receptionist for a company that ended up being awful so they moved me into a floating receptionist position. Never knew what to expect when I went to a job. As a floating receptionist I found myself in the mailroom or printing and preparing major documents. The pay was so low I needed a second job.
Very stressfull
DIGITAL SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 29, 2018
Too much stress on service calls created for a system that don't recognizes the effort done on each service in the field, management ask too much from techs, making this work place very stressfull
Pros
Cons
stress
Good satable company
Business Analyst Oracle EBS (Former Employee) –  njApril 27, 2018
Great company for learning and development of skills not for long term one can always find better job with brand name. job is not stressful overall.long long long term growth :)
Stressful month ends
Contract Representative II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJApril 23, 2018
Expected to work overtime last two weeks of month. Only if management needs you but you are expected to put your home life on hold for those two weeks each month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon Solutions America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight