Canon Solutions America Employee Reviews

Oce Tech
Printer Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 25, 2019
A good job if you don't mind selling your soul to them. Travel requirements for training is crazy! They don't tell you until you except the job, then they try to guilt you into 3 or more months a year away from home to learn all the machines they work on. Most Oce stuff has at least a 2 week training course attached to it, most are 3 weeks long. Not local training, this is live out of a hotel for weeks at a time. They will try to force you into getting all of the training completed at their pace not yours. They don't care if you have a life, its not a job its a life style! Good luck!
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Poor management and HR, too much travel!
Not what I expected
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILMarch 22, 2019
If you're hired for business Development, they give you the old leads that other failed on and expect you to perform magic. If it wasn't for the dead leads they gave me I would have stayed. Nice people to work with, but behind on technology and new approaches to expanding the business.
Pros
People
Cons
Technology
old company, behemoth bureaucracy, afraid of technology
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2019
This is not the place if you want to advance your knowledge or be challenged by interesting work. It's a cog in a machine kind of environment. Antiquated systems and processes, cumbersome levels of approvals for everything, zero autonomy. Lotus Notes is still the email and calendar system
Pros
Some of the people are nice
Cons
Slow to change, Bloated bureaucracy, Afraid of technology
Just a job
CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJFebruary 24, 2019
It is the "at least I have a job" kind of job. I have higher aspirations for my career and it is difficult to get ahead. Although I have made a name for myself, sometimes politics and budgetary constrains limits growth.
Great experiance. But unfortunatly New managment Lack of knowledge of job or policies
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 23, 2019
Canon was a great place to work for. But unfortunately The new management Lack the H/R knowledge of the company. And did some very unprofessional things.
Pros
Some very awesome managment and employees
Cons
Sadley new managment with LACK of knowldge and people skills
Very competitive
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 22, 2019
Canon wants the best for their customers.It's customer first with Canon. Canon is very strict when it comes to production, that's their first priority.Canon is a very good company to work for.
Pros
Very competitive
Cons
Wear and tear on your car.(no company vehicle)
Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 13, 2019
If you're happy being a cog on a wheel this place is for you. If you're looking for professional recognition / development and expect to be treated as a valued team member, stay far away. They have their Japanese values carved in granite but they're not followed making them worth less than the paper they're copied from.
It's not the worst place. It's more like purgatory with everyone waiting to put in their time and get out. It's actually depressing to work here.
Pros
Clean but not lavish offices and steady paycheck while they are using you
Cons
Absolutely no loyalty, while they demand it of their employees. Mediocre benefits
Good Benefits, Bad office culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL 60173February 10, 2019
Overall the Company is a solid place to work. Seems like you get ahead if you are a kiss up. The office culture is fake. Your reward for good work is more work and small pay raises.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad office Culture
Good Company
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CA 90248February 4, 2019
Good company to work for - however, had some experiences with too much "ego" in upper management. - The company culture and business goals were always reasonable and something to be proud of.
Canon Solutions America
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT-Large Format (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 28, 2019
I enjoyed my work at Canon along with my supportive co-workers. Workplace culture was good. Was afforded advancements and training.
Work/Life balance was good.
Systems do not talk to one another which made performing duties difficult.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Systems do not talk to each other making it very difficult to perform the job with ease.
Canon
Credit and Collections Representative I (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 25, 2019
My current role with Canon Solutions America encompasses all my core competencies, technological background and serves me well when interacting with executives within the company
Good old boys club
Enterprise Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Canon is run by a good old boy's club where nepotism is extremely prevalent. Although one might be a top quota producing representative you will be given less opportunities if you are not part of the club. Even when brought to their attention, no action is taken to correct the issue,
Pros
Benefits and working remote
Cons
It is a dead end job
Good place. Japanese Culture
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2019
Good place to work if you can handle the stress. It is a cultue definately dominated by Japanese mentality. The company will sirvive if they diversify and rebrand as certain technologies mature and or die.
Pros
Pay, Benifits
Cons
Stress
Productive and great place to work.
Manager/ site associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA / Wilmington delawareDecember 30, 2018
A great place to work excellent benefits they allow people with experience to excel in the business. If they ever were able to open up a site at the jersey shore I would go back to work for them in a second !!!
Pros
Always busy .
Productive and fun workplace for Canon at Morgan Stanley
Site Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2018
The challenge from a day's work for Canon at Morgan Stanley would be how many jobs acquired and resolved by end of day. End results are jobs were resolved in a timely fashion. Other times, printer parts has to be ordered via Canon Technicians for resolution via next day or more.
Pros
Resolution of jobs in a timely manner.
Cons
Incomplete jobs because of parts ordered for printers
Behind the times with technology
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILDecember 20, 2018
Frequent software and hardware issues with every IT problem routed laboriously thru NY. Poor use of current lead databases and very little opportunity for commission.

Nice co-workers however management is frequently gossipy, inconsistent and random. Upper management needs to bring in experienced sales coaches.
Pros
Professional diverse co-workers
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Great Place to Work
Enterprise Services and Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2018
Overall, my time at Canon was favorable. Towards the end of my employment, I saw a few inconsistencies in policies and prodedures and the compensation structure, which ultimately impacted my ability to remain employed.
Pros
Internationally Company
Cons
Declining Industry
Fast paced but I learned a lot
Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 19, 2018
I learned a great deal working for Canon Solutions. I had never operated a digital copier. My computer skills improved three fold. I also learned a great deal about maintenance of printers. My customer relations skills improved immensely.
Pros
Mandatory Year round training
Cons
Low pay. for site representatives
Enjoyable place to work and develop long term relationships.
Strategic Sales Executive - Federal (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDDecember 19, 2018
I have worked at this company for over 17 years. For years we have been able to foster an environment that you are working with friends not just coworkers. In my time, I have been able to grow within the organization learning not only cutting edge technology, but also learning how to be a better rep/manager. The hardest part of the day is the ongoing problems that can exist in any organization, and/or customers.
Pros
Company benefits, incentive programs
Poor management
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJDecember 11, 2018
Poor management makes this a difficulty place to work. Salaries are not in line with the work load. Advancement is nearly impossible and not easily attainable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon Solutions America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight