Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Canon U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews

United States662 reviews

japanesecopierusaprinterproductsaleculturegrowth

Data Center

Continuous activities within the Data Center. Lots of moving parts, Involved management teams. Pleasant team members.

Pros

Busy operations

Cons

No on-site eating facilities

Fun to work

It is a Friendly environment and there is social life and workLife balance. Good management,Happy employees, Very good,I am happy to be part of this company.

Canon U.S.A., Inc. insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Very engaging environment and diverse products

Canon is a well-known brand and the office location in Melville is very central to Long Island. Great colleague relationships built and professional work environment. Benefits are comparable with in-office gym available to employees. Although no longer employed at Canon, lasting relationships continue.

What is the best part of working at the company?Fair, excellent benefits and lots of training development. Growth opportunities as well What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Sometimes the job demands you to wear different hats and roll with the punches sort of speak. You need to be flexible and consistentWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Highly diversified. It is fair with women management high level for all. You just need to show you abilities.What is a typical day like for you at the company?High expectations and totally motivated to start to finish. Emails, phone calls etc. customer service internally and externally.

Mico manage Everything

Canon had a zero Operator Error policy, they expected perfection and fast changeover times. Also they did not compare pay to other companies so it could have been better.

What is the best part of working at the company?Canon gave me autonomy to achieve my goals and rewarded me when I met those goals.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Large sales quota and lots of travel.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?This job was a professional sales business with a geographical territory. I set my schedule as I saw fit to achieve my goals.What is a typical day like for you at the company?I had to be a self starter and plan my dealer visits to achieve my sales quota.

Interesting but challenging place to work

Extremely interesting projects/products.Excellent work/life balance.Management has limited understanding of how to release a product for commercialization.

Challenging and somewhat rewarding

Work as a forklift driver and have to do alot since we are limited with the amount people at are site. After we finish with one thing we have to go and help other departments.

Very productive energetic work environment

Fast paced work environment with results driven individuals just like me. Very quota driven with a lot of attention to customer service. Very talented group to work with especially my Production Manager.

Your positive or negative experience will depend on your manager

I've been with the company for about 10 years. I've changed positions and gone through a few different managers. Some of the managers understood work life balance and understood that leaving the office at 5PM is important and would agree that finalizing work on the next business day is acceptable. Other managers couldn't care less about your well being. If there is a project or task, as small as it may be, that needs to be completed, they don't care if you stay at the office until 7PM or 8PM to complete it. Unfortunately, management is not consistent. It will really depend on your luck of what kind of management you're assigned to.

Stay away

Stay away they have high turnover rate and the expectation are not do able….stay away far away if you don’t want to be treated like trash and the advancement is all about politics so no room to grow

Excellent Top Tier Company!

I was with CANON USA for almost 6 years…I would still be there had it not been for COVID hitting everywhere in 2020! I enjoyed every aspect of my position there: from management to co-workers whom I looked forward to seeing each day. I miss everyone and my job there very much. I absolutely loved the customer contact vis phone and in person, as well as solving problems , preparing reports, processing accounts receivables/payables. I was treated extremely well as I was appreciated for the many years of experience I brought to my job and I never stopped learning as Canon Academy was providing courses and training on a consistent basis that was so helpful. All and all, I do wish I was still there. Excellent and prestigious company to work for and it was my honor and privilege to do so.

Do not take an FSR position.

It is dead-end. There is no room for growth, and you are not a member of any site you'll be stuck at. You are told you may have to go to another Site, but with how short on staff they keep everyone, each Canon site is a skeleton crew - they only run with as much people as they need.It's easy work, but you'll hate it - and if something happens to you, there won't be any support. Others will get better job opportunities - because you're not actually a part of a team. I have worked here a year and a half as of writing this, and I have never once spoken to my actual boss - I only have ever spoken to the site manager. I haven't even gotten an email from her, let alone a single phone call.

Not trustworthy

Look elsewhere because this has way too much politics and favor Japanese workers.Clean bathrooms and nice lunch room is really the only perk.You have to clock in at exactly 9AM or there will be issues.Too much gossip.

Good company but unknown future

Pros: nice campus, nice cafeteria, care for environment, great employee discountCons: Very strict work hours (e.g. if you come in 9:01am or leave before 5:00pm, you will be in trouble).

Poor work environment could be hostile

Imbalance, poor customer interactions. Customer is demanding and rude to canon employees. Company don’t back employees but will roll the employees under the bus for the benefit of the customer. Unreasonable and hostile at times.

Pros

Not much other than standard benefits

Cons

Work life balance is a not true for exempt employees

Good benefits but salary can improve

Canon a good first corporate job. You really need to push for promotions and salary needs to improve to keep good talent. With COVID they have provided better work-life balance

It's a place where people's careers come to die

I was reading some reviews from more than 10 years ago and the problems with the company remain the same today. Low pay, no advancement opportunities, no clear direction, and generally lack of respect from management. Generally the day to day work is not stressful and you only work 7 hours a day. So the work-life balance is great. People you work with mostly are nice and friendly. On the other hand, don't expect any promotion for a LONG time. Upper managements tend to promote their favorite employees so make sure you become your manager's best buddy.

Pros

work-life balance, friendly coworkers

Cons

low pay, promotion is hard to get or non-existence, constant internally changes with no clear goals and objectives.

Great company to start your career with

This is a great company to work with if you want to get your career started.. lots of great mentors. My manager is very understanding. Hybrid program in place.

Stone-age management culture and business practices with some opportunities to learn. Best to enter and exit quickly.

Good place to get a few years of experience at the beginning of your career - then get OUT. That, or stay in the same position until retirement with one or two minor promotions after a decade with modest pay increase. Raises/promotions are not based on performance, they are based on time with the company and your ability to keep your opinion to yourself and drink management's koolaid.Archaic management style, classic red tape maze where nothing changes because that's what management wants.

Pros

Many learning opportunities, some good people to work with and experience to gain, Standard benefits and decent pay

Cons

No opportunity for advancement/promotion, Archaic management, Favoritism, All older men in leadership, Resistant to change, No flexibility, Not parent friendly, Bureaucratic red tape x10

Customer Service overload

I feel that that company could be a nice place to work if working in the right department. I worked in Customer Service. I would not recommend this specific department. The amount of stress and work required in a day caused for insufficient work/life balance. The department was always short staffed and overloaded. Be prepared to have mandatory “work through lunches” a minimum of a few times a month. And I was asked to stay late weekly. If you enjoy the holidays, you will work extra on the week of Christmas. The same people get acknowledged for their efforts and promotions. This department was excluded from many company events/perks due to volume and work load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon U.S.A., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Canon U.S.A., Inc..
Powered byComparably

Compare Canon U.S.A., Inc. with

• Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?