Canon U.S.A., Inc. Employee Reviews

SENIOR BILLING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at Canon. However, I was a young mother and wife and I resigned to take care of my young family, Otherwise, I would have stayed with the company,
Pros
Work
Pay scale extremely low
Senior Accounts Payable Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJSeptember 7, 2018
Canon USA is a Fortune 500 company. Most Fortune 500 companies have a higher than average pay rate. Canon's pay rate was the equivalent of smaller companies.
Pros
Company is solvent. Good job security
Cons
Most of management is unqualified which leads to problems in productivity.
Great Experience
Collections Representative, Level III (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 5, 2018
Great experience working here. You meet a lot of different people and learn all about the business. You also working very close with every department.
Production and fun workplace
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Newport News vaSeptember 4, 2018
Very organized job. The people are all bout getting the job done. Great place to work at . Do the work and everything will be ok. Everybody are easy to communicate with.
Excellent
Regional EHS Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 4, 2018
No comment canon is an excellent company to work for. Alot of opportunities there to help you advance. Training, safety courses, team mentoring, team building
Low pay. Stressfull. Low moral.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 2, 2018
I have been with the company for many of years and dislike what my department has become. It saddens me to think this way.
Many employees have left due to work environment. Which leads to positions in the department not frequently back-filled.

It is hard to stay positive when everyone in your department looks miserable and is trying to leave the company. The one positive thing I can say is my colleagues. It is the one thing I would miss if I were to leave the company.

Rarely are promotions given. They entry level pay is low and is still low after 10 years.

I stand by the product and will always stand by the product, but cannot standby this department.

If you love photography and can handle demanding customers and work stress, then I would recommend this job.
Pros
Job stability. Good amount of vacation, sicks days and personal days.
Cons
Low salary, poor advancement/career opportunities
Good Place to Work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 21, 2018
Good place to work. However, salary could be better and no room for growth. Management is okay. Respectable company. Stuck in the past. Need to understand who is buying their products.
temp jobe
Warehouse Associate/Quality Inspector (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 18, 2018
didnt really care for the dullness of my department is was very easy to get tired. it paid the bills but that about it for me. There were your different cliches( complainers, sugger daddies and cougars and then the mouthy people) but if you kept to yourself usually you could avoid them
Pros
paid bills
Cons
co workers from other agencies
Hard work/Low Pay
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2018
The job requires to lift heavy pallets of dry ice with no assistance at the same pay rate. Little to no room for growth. Increases are .10 a year. They do offer uniform and shoes. You are assigned to a site, but you may get floated around to other sites.
Pros
Uniforms
Cons
Low Pay
Not-Market-Driven Company
Healthcare Industry Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 11, 2018
Autocratic, tops down decision making. Strong Japanese culture with advancement limited. Strong quality focus, but under-funded and ineffective marketing constrained by Legal team.
Pros
For many, a routine, non-challenging work environment.
Cons
Not really employee focused, with strong Japanese culture impacting advancement and rewards.
Love my job, but it is an antiquated work culture
Specialist, Product Marketing (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 9, 2018
Although Canon participates in many "Office of the Future" studies and likes to put that type of thought leadership out there... they are very far from the modern office. This is a great place to build your resume, but if you are a millennial with a lot to offer, this place can be frustrating. The Japanese culture is one that finds time and tenure more valuable than skill, this must change in order to keep good talent for more than 18 months. This is not to say I do not like my job I have really enjoyed my experience, we get to travel a lot and I love all of my coworkers. If I could stay here forever I would, but unfortunately, in this culture, it is way too easy to get stuck as a specialist and never make the money you want to make.
Research Japanese work culture before you apply
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 8, 2018
Understand how to navigate within the Japanese culture and you will not find any surprises working for Canon USA. Enjoy what you do daily as it will be your job for a very long time.
Pros
profit sharing potential, biweekly pay, onsite parking
Cons
micromanagement, constant video surveillance, lack of promotion, pay not scaled to local markets, poorly negotiated healthcare benefits
Summary
Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 1, 2018
This is a good company if you are just starting your career. However, there are almost no promotions or advancement. Aside from the business side the company does have a good presence in the community.
Pros
Good place to start you career
Cons
Bad place to finish you career
very productive
Molding Room Operator / Cvi-tech (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 21, 2018
Working for canon was amazing opportunity! I learned a lot about technology . The workplace culture was genuine , everybody work as a team it felt like working with family. I enjoyed the pay & hours I receive from canon, ill truly love to go back!
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
n/a
outside sales is fun
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2018
great environment with good support of direct management. Great Product, price was too high and getting competitive was possible but often took too long. Too many hoops to jump through. Lost deals because could not beat cost of same product from competitors and credit was not very forgiving. 1
Pros
Support
Cons
cost of products high
Very comepetative work enviornment
Shipping/Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 19, 2018
Very good place to start of financially for someone/ people who don't have a family. Its a great company to excel in but the pay could be much better.
N/a
Service Planning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 16, 2018
A typical game begins at 9am when you are to report to the office and ends at 5pm. Security is very tight which is nice to see. Salary is comparable but room for advancement is very limited.
Productive and fun place to work
Area Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 2, 2018
I loved working with a large sales team. This company had great training programs and a fun, motivating work environment for sales professionals.
My days were spent cold calling and meeting with qualified prospects.
It has been so many years since I worked for this company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2018
It has been so many years since I worked for this company.
I have not kept up with their business plans and have no idea how they are doing now. Canon as a whole are a great organization.
Quiet workplace with good job security
Logistics Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
While the job security at Canon is great (its very hard to lose your job there), depending on your role, you can find yourself working at a very slow job. Additionally, the company tries to make the office a place where employees enjoy working, and try to provide good work/life balance. However, they do not go far enough, as the hours are inflexible and employees cannot work from home without burning an off day.
Lastly, some hirer manager position are often held exclusively from Japanese expats from the Tokyo headquarters, leaving only limited positions for advancement by someone else.
Pros
Relaxed environment, low pressure
Cons
Low opportunities for advancement, inflexible hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canon U.S.A., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.