Canopy Children's Solutions Employee Reviews

okay
Wraparound Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 8, 2018
Good Agency but my supervisor was mean and cruel and will do ANYTHING to have control over you. MYPAC in Hattiesburg, MS not a good professional place
They do not follow the core values nor do they care about their employees.
Out patient Child Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 1, 2018
A typical day consisted of 5-7 sessions per day and you were expected to complete all documentation as well. You were required to schedule 30-35 children per week and be current on documentation and not have overtime. Management was overbearing and micromanaged the therapists. I was spied on, accused of lying about my medical issues and consistently questioned about my personal time off. The culture is secretive, the management is only concerned about billing and do not care about their employees.
Pros
The children
Cons
Management and Unrealistic expectations
Support
Assistant Living (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 19, 2018
You can get a lot of support from coworkers, team work is important to be successful in this business. Kids came from all over the state . I think that the kids would manipulate to get their needs meet
Busy workplace
Therapist - MYPAC (Current Employee) –  McComb, MSJune 7, 2018
An individual can choose to work M-F 8-5 , M-Thur. 7-6, or M-Thur. 8-7 depending on the work load. You can see 2-4 youth a day depending on how you would like to schedule your kids. The work environment is okay, but could be better. The hardest part of the job is the driving and not being able to help every kid. Making a differences in a family's life is very enjoyable and rewarding.
Pros
Making a different in someone's life
Cons
A lot of driving
Stressful Work Environment, Must learned to cope quickly, low compensation
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 30, 2018
Work with children to find coping skills with everyday stressors and to build more effective interpersonal skills. Logged behaviors of clients including progress, conflicts, etc.
Benefits
Cons
Low life/work balance
I love the kids
Residential Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 30, 2018
A typical day is assisting the kids and being the listening ear that some of them need. I enjoy the outings that we take them on and recreation time is the best.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Staff members not doing their job
Ok place to work.
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 27, 2018
The job was extremely stressful. There was little opportunity for advancement within the company. Pay was not enough for the work required. And the job could have had better management.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Pay
A temporary solution. Don’t stay at a place that doesn’t care about their employees.
South Region (Former Employee) –  Mississippi State, MSMay 14, 2018
The management of Canopy does not really care if you are passionate about helping children. The management only cares about your ability to “look the part”. It is a good launching job, they hire out of college. The thing is, they don’t provide these new graduates on the job training. Some of their employees are undertrained to do their jobs and management does care about the effectiveness of their work, they do care about their numbers. It’s crazy how little they care about their employees and clients at the end of the day. Management will work you to death if you are giving your best! If you want to just show up and look the part.... this is the job for you! If you want to maintain a license, you have to use your vacation days! :(
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Stressful and demanding
just a job mentality
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 28, 2018
The company thrives off children with behavioral issues. Management was just in it for the numbers and the money. No one there was providing the services that children need and deserve.
Pros
networking with other agencies
Fulfilling but stressful
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMarch 1, 2018
Manage intensive clients and families. Must be able to think outside the box and connect to resources. The programs have become more intensive recently, and the agency has made some changes.
Productive and fair
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 22, 2018
Productive and fair environment. Competitive salary and flexibility. Been with this company for awhile and the values are inline with my own personal values. Hey
Great place to work.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 30, 2017
I was given my first opportunity to be a therapist at Canopy. Great place to work with great flexibility in your schedule. But in all honestly there are difficult co-workers that made the job more stressful.
Pros
flexible schedule
Not a good fit for direct care
Autism Program (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 10, 2017
Canopy is only a good place to work if you are in a management position; the direct care staff is treated like second-class citizens. Do not be fooled when they promise raises, promotions, or financial assistance for graduate school when you first sign on. They only say this to hook you since turnover rate is so high.
Pros
The kids, work experience for a better job
Cons
management, pay, supervisors, turnover
Steer clear of this place!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 7, 2017
Management is horrible. They have unrealistic expectations and hate paying their employees overtime if you work over 40 which is quite often. In fact, they will write you up if you get overtime! Management only cares about their census and have absolutely no regard for their employees’ safety or well-being. The salary was ok but a peace of mind is priceless. You definitely won’t have that working there. The extremely high turnover rate is a dead giveaway.
Pros
Salary is ok.
Cons
Everything else!
My first full-time job and the best one I ever had
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saucier, MSOctober 18, 2017
I absolute loved working at this place. The relationship that I built with the children was a blessing. Yes, we had bad times, but the good times topped that.
Pros
meeting some really great people, and kids
Productive Workplace
Residential Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 11, 2017
I really enjoy working with the children at the facility. I participated in most of the activities such basketball games, playing cards, and birthday parties. I really enjoy working with my co-workers. We always enjoyed working with each other.
Lots of potential for a passionate person with a heart for children
Intern (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 8, 2017
In my short time here thus far, I have enjoyed my time at Canopy. There is so much going on at the agency, so as an intern, I have a lot of opportunities to learn about all of those goings-on. The staff is friendly and competent in the field of child welfare, and they are passionate about their clients in a way that is inspirational to me. I am excited to delve into the world of social work because of my work here.
Great cause
Child and Youth Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 26, 2017
If you want to help children in need- this is the place to start. The hardest part of the job for most people is the rotating shifts, although many have a set schedule.
Great company
Behavioral Educational Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 13, 2017
This is the best company I have ever worked for. If you are lucky and manage to get in the department you want, this job experience will be wonderful. The staff are mostly trained well to handle any situation that arises.
Always have a backup plan!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  GulfportJuly 4, 2017
If you accept a position at this company always have another job in tow that you can fall back on. Watch your back. The clients are great and working with the kids and families is rewarding. But this company will use & overwork you until they no longer need you. Long hours, low pay (no one gets into this field to become rich though), and intimidating management (especially in the South region). The company's core values are great; if the management actually believed in and followed them! The company is basically great until it's not, just depends on what's going on and who you're dealing with at the time.
Pros
Clients, benefits
Cons
Management, long hours, company culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canopy Children's Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.