Canterbury Park Employee Review

View all Canterbury Park reviews

Fast-paced work environment
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNApril 26, 2018
In a typical work day, I check the schedule as soon as I get into work. I see how many employees are working at each location and make changes if necessary so each food stand and bar will run efficiently. Once employees arrive and begin to set up each location, I walk around and make sure every location is on task and has all of the product they need for the day. As the day goes on, I talk to customers who have issues, call commissary if a location is running out of food or supplies, exchange cash deposits, and check to see if employees are working efficiently and keeping locations clean. At the end of the shift, I determine if a bar or food stand is clean and organized enough for the employees to leave. I then assist Food Stand Leads with money deposits and paperwork that calculates inventory, waste, and profit.
Pros
Free lunches and passes into Canterbury Park and events
Cons
Long hours, lots of physical activity, working on weekends

Other Canterbury Park Employee Reviews

Absolute LIE
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAMay 18, 2019
Not security as posted on Indeed. Its a glorified maid and janitor position which they neglect to tell you until youre already on site and starting to work. Its completely bullcrap and needs to be stricken from the site.
Card club surveillance
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMay 17, 2019
I loved my job. Until management changed. When the Surveillance Director Moved to China Management in order to save a buck did not hire another Director, he hired the Surveillance Operator from the night shift to manage the surveillance department. Not a good Idea.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canterbury Park. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Canterbury Park Reviews by Location