Cantex Continuing Care Network Employee Reviews

Lack of growth opertunities
Senior Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 20, 2018
Nursing home maintenance. Job is 24/7, 365 days a year. Average work week is over 60 hours. Salaried position, no overtime. Hardest part of the job is dealing with death everyday. Best part of the job is feeling like you make a difference in families lives during their hardest moments.
Pros
Self managed position
Cons
No growth potential
The environment is varied in its pros and cons.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXJuly 2, 2018
Fast paced, good family of colleagues, but upper management is inefficient, ineffective, unreasonable, and even deceitful.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the patient care and comradery with rehab team.
Pros
Quality of immediate colleagues
Cons
Poor upper management
July 13, 2018

Hi, we truly appreciate your honest feedback. If you'd be willing to provide more feedback, please reach out to us at (214) 954-4114, ext 137 so we can assist you further.

Numbers are more important than people
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 29, 2018
Nursing is continuously understaffed, the worse nurse to patient ratio I've ever seen in hospice. Management stretches Medicare eligibility guidelines in order to keep the census up. Stressful environment, decisions made by upper management, which doesn't seem to understand hospice. Not what hospice was meant to be.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance, management/ administration
July 3, 2018

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your experience with us. As we are dedicated to complying with all rules and regulations we welcome the opportunity to get additional information from you regarding your comment. Please call our General Counsel or our Compliance Line to discuss these items in detail. You can reach us at 214-954-4114.

July 3, 2018

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. If you'd be willing to provide more feedback, please reach out to us at (214) 954-4114, ext 137 so we can assist you further.

You had better clock out to get your documentation done.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2018
This was, by far, the worst working conditions I have worked under. Weak management. "Buddy system".
I had some good coworkers.
They stopped having essential rehab meetings because the meetings were cutting into out 95% productivity. Communication is an important aspect of our profession and they decided that numbers ruled.
Pros
I got paid well.
Cons
They accept patients that are not rehab ready and medically unstable, poor management from the top down.
June 27, 2018

Hi, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. We appreciate you bringing this experience to our attention. If you are willing, please contact us at (214) 954-4114, ext 137 so we can learn more about your experience. We look forward to hearing from you.

Good Company
Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 11, 2018
Good Company to work for. They follow the mission and vision of the company and provide a career path for employees.

I believe they have employees best interest at heart and that they truly want the employees to be part of the future of the company.
June 19, 2018

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Corporate! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Worst place for experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 7, 2018
Nothing is good over there .. staff shortage.. nurses are rude ... DON never appreciate your work.. HR is too slow .. Salary isn’t worth it .. 1 cna for 20
June 19, 2018

Hi, we work hard to provide a fantastic experience to everyone. It's discouraging to see that you had a negative experience. We would like to have a better understanding about your experience. Please reach out to us at (214) 954-4114, ext. 137 at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to resolve this with you.

Fast paced, stressful, short staffed ALL the time.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 20, 2018
If you like dealing with careless managment, that don’t step in when you need them; this is the job for you. Patient to nurse ratio is ridiculous. People call in all the time and HR doesn’t even bother to call other people to fill in. Leaving nurses hanging with 20+ patients to each nurse. In my short time there I saw many nurses come and go. There’s a lot of favoritism as well, DON and ED never see the hard work. Patient to CNA ratio is outrageous as well, Which leads to many complaints.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed everyday.
No support- unprofessional
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2018
For profit company and it shows. Administrator is extremely unprofessional and others in management are too afraid to stand up to her making pt care Less than adequate.
Productive and fun work place
Unit manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TXMarch 9, 2018
We work together as a team and every one is like family to me. We cry together, we stress together, and we always make it work somehow if things are down. The hardest part of the job would be not always having reliable staff but we come together and get things done as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work and seeing the patients and the staff.
Toxic work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 27, 2018
This has the most toxic work environment of any place that I have ever worked. They provide very little orientation and then treat you like an idiot if you're not aware of things that would normally be covered during orientation. The upper management are very clique-ish, and if they decide they don't like you, they spread lies about you. If there is a supposed problem with your work, they don't address you as a human being, preferring to talk behind your back.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Mean girl mentality
February 28, 2018

Hello, I would like to get some more details about your experience with us. Thank you for leaving feedback. We would like to get more details about this; please reach out to us at your earliest convenience at (214) 954-4114 x 161.

work flow
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 24, 2018
Not very organized, lack of managing skills, overworked, co workers leave their work unfinished so evening have to pick up the slack. And managers want people to do certain jobs but want ask others.
Pros
Cons
everything
February 26, 2018

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. We would like to get more details about this; please reach out to us at your earliest convenience at (214) 954-4114 x 161.

In the middle
Unit Manager/Wound Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Groves, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Company is ok to work for however they dont like to pay people. The are great have having policy and procedure organized so its easy to work but the wage scale is too low.
February 22, 2018

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience with us. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us directly at (214) 954-4114 x 161 when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

lack of communication
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 21, 2018
no one ever communicated with anyone so no one ever knew what was going on. I enjoyed working with the residents but not management. supervisor was very unprofessional.
February 22, 2018

Great learning experience for new nurses.
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vidor, TXFebruary 16, 2018
I have been a Cantex employee for a year now. Being my first nursing job, I have learned so much! Although, it is very quick paced and you must be a good multi tasker and have time management skills.
February 19, 2018

Hello there, thank you; we appreciate your feedback!!!!!!!!!!!

Very stressful place to work! Always short of staff!You can go out of your way to help and do an amazing job but, you will never get any recognition.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Very stressful, not a place to grow. No teamwork. Managers don't care about the CNA's Or Nurses. You will be worked like a dog with no compensation or appreciation. I recommend working anywhere else but, here. The therapist are the only good thing about this place, they're the only ones that actually help you when you need them.
Pros
Therapist
Cons
Low pay, you only get .22 cents pay raise every year.
February 14, 2018

Hello, thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us directly at (214) 954-4114 x 161 when you have a chance.

Your Death/ Modern Slavery
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXFebruary 7, 2018
This is the worse place ever. The Directors, Managers, Pharmacists and Corporate will lie about everything and then change policy to cover it up. Promotes hatred, mess, pettiness and a very hostile environment throughout the Company. There is no HR department to report complaints. Management is HR so it just circle back around with employees and then your in the hot seat or isolated from the population and over worked. All to make you quit if they can't find a reason to terminate you. Never been around so many bitter and self-centered people at once in my life.
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
Modern Slavery
February 12, 2018

Hi, we regret to hear that you had this experience with us. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us directly at (214) 954-4114 x 161 when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Terrible work environment
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXFebruary 5, 2018
They have called me twice to return and I would never consider going back. Money is not worth working for a place that does not care about their patients and is only worried about the money they will get.
Pros
good pay but not equal pay for all equal positions
Cons
Terrible attitude and work environment.

Crestview court in Cedar HIll
Staff Coor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Management doesn't care about the staff. Short staffed most of the time. The work is very demanding with no recognition. Attitude of the management is unconcerned about the nursing staff.
February 12, 2018

Produtive and fun place to work
Aide (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TXJanuary 23, 2018
I have worked at Renaissance for 6 months as an aide and although we have our challenges they really care about the patients! Everyone works as a team. People who post bad reviews were probably fired!
Pros
The patients and staff
Cons
We need more GOOD aides
Productive and Fun
Unit Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJanuary 18, 2018
You will enjoy working here. This company has been around for a long time and has a bad wrap, but you cannot judge based on other people's experience.
Pros
environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cantex Continuing Care Network. Our community is ready to answer.

1.8