Cantex Continuing Care Network
54Below average
2.1

Cantex Continuing Care Network Employee Reviews

United States180 reviews
Constantly cutting staff hours. Administrative staff rude to workers who are not in cliches . Benefits are poor . Works with skeleton staff. Don will walk off from staff when they are speaking to him
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
Skeleton crews no job security
August 6, 2020
We're sorry to hear about your negative working experience with us. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We hope to hear from you on how we could have made your experience better.
Cantex is very good company to work for. Great place, very professional management, helpful coworkers, very friendly environment, pay fairly. As long as you’re doing your job nobody bothers you.
Pros
Professional management, no stress, good pay!!!
Cons
Can’t think of anything
June 8, 2020
Hi! Thank you for rating and reviewing your working experience with us! We're so glad to have you as a part of the Cantex team! Have a great day!
I worked for cantex for 5 years and throughout tha time i was there I’ve seen a lot of administrators leave employees leave and it’s sad i worked in dietary and they r not fair when it comes to the people that work and the ones who don’t they rather keep people around that does nothing than keep the people around who worked hard and try to hold things together i worked 3 months straight for them no off days i even worked all holidays and i came in early never been written up or nothing never had a problem but they fire me with no warning tha new don there is horrible she is not fair very judgmental and she has her picks she is not for right at all when she took over the building everything and everyone fell apart all the good people either left or got fired she is not a good person at all i put in so much work there to get dropped just like that with no warning and that’s not fair at all they don’t care about they good workers at all
June 8, 2020
We're sorry to hear about your negative working experience with us, we hope to hear from you on how we could have made your experience better.
Cantex took over our wonderful nursing home facility which WAS owned by a great company and completely ruined it. It used to feel like a family, and we cared
deeply about our residents...now with cantex its all about the money and the numbers.
June 8, 2020
I have nothing good to say in a review of this company or its managers! You are not valued as a person or as an employee. This company is always short staffed. The patient to nurse and CNA ratio is way out of the normal allowed ratio. The staff has to work with short to no supplies, or the nurse in charge does not have or know the code to the supply room to get the staff the supplies they need to do their jobs! Every Friday,Saturday or Sunday asked to work overtime due to call in or staff shortages but when an employee needs a sick day or use accrued PTO, it is not approved by ADON or management. Don't work for this company...pay is at starting wage for a student graduate and raises are non existent because the employee is already at the top of the pay scale...this is the company reason...Run! Don't apply at CANTEX!!!
June 8, 2020
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Not a lot of “customer first” thinking, or staff appreciation. Mostly about the numbers and money. Head of marketing is good, but head of operations could take some lessons on encouraging staff and brush up on his leadership skills.,
Pros
Company is progressive on skilled needs.
Cons
Culture of numbers over people
They pay you but treat you bad. They welcome you professionally and make you think you've made the best decision on choosing this place to work. Wrong. You will find out QUICK....if you don't kiss beeeehind or dance by their music, you're pretty much on your own. The old CLIQUE will determine if you stay there or not. The only training you will get is the initial training. You better ask all the questions then. The staff or coworkers don't want to help or train adequately. If you ask them a question, they'll either have an attitude or straight up IGNORE you. If you want a job that pays well but treat you bad.....go for it. Ifyou want your sanity, stay away
June 8, 2020
Thank you for your time in reviewing us, we would love to have the chance to speak with you to find out how we could have made your time with us better.
Enjoy working for this company! Its a good place to work. I learned a lot about the people who work there. Its quiet and people really work hard, daily.
June 8, 2020
Hi, thank you for rating and reviewing us! We are happy to have you as part of the Cantex Team!
an all around great job from the director, director of nursing on to residents. To the facility itself. Down side is the pay and staff shortage. The building is only a few years old so it is still pristine thanks to hk and painter. Only rarely will you see mess or smell. I hate that the cna are shirt staffed because it effects only the residents.. sometimes I see the nurses are not willing to help when cna are over worked
.. other than that this is a great place. Management doesn't nitpick or micromanage and they are always appreciative of our work.cna a
Pros
Flexible caring and understanding admin
Cons
Pay, staff shortage.
June 8, 2020
Thank you very much for the high rating and positive review, have a good day!
Worst company I have ever worked for. The don't care about staff or the residents it's all about money for them. They are shady and set people up to fail. Whatever you do don't work here. They took over the previous company C&G which was an amazing company to work for. Horrible Cantex is!! Run don't even bother applying
June 8, 2020
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cantex Continuing Care Network?
loved all the patients residing there. my fellow cnas were kind and professional. the staff is hard working and easy going. not the most upbeat atmosphere .
I have worked at this facility for a number of years now and just like any other place, It has it's pro's and con's, but everyone seems to make an effort to work together for the better of the resident's. There are a few employee's who don't seem happy and try to cause problems but for the most part we all get along.
Pros
love my resident's and most of the staff
Cons
forced to take an hour lunch break which cuts into our pay
RDO is a joke, if you aren't under her wing, and she doesn't like you, she'll threaten to fire you! Poor Management, ED's never last, BDS don't either, short staff, for the patients. Family gets ignored. They are at times racists. They don't care for the one's who truly work, and the one's that don't, last and never get written up! Again cause they are under the wing of the RDO! Dont do it!!
I enjoyed working for Cantex. Plenty of training and resources. The benefits were very generous including salary and bonuses. We worked together as a family unit, uplifting each other and made life long friends here. It was the cleanest most cared for community I’ve ever worked in. Administration was compassionate and always listened.
The job was great when owned by someone else. Cantex bought the facility and in 60 days made it very unpleasant to work there. New management brought their own staff with them, hired many new staff and squeezed out the old staff by cutting hours and canceling travelers contracts early. Not a reputable company to work for.
Always short staffed, second shift staff late or call off, weekend call offs are the worst always short staffed. Expected to do the job for 2-3 aides when nobody is there to help fill in from call offs .
I had been an assistant in the previous skilled nursing facility. The regional manager taught me everything she knew. We worked the aging for Medicaid and reduced it from over $150k to $2k in about 4 months
Pros
execellant vacation schedule
Cons
micro managing
Great potential employees but under paid and under staffed. Sometimes (19) residents per CNA. Over night nurses sleeping or not coming into work. Weekends sometimes no CNA’s.
Coronado is the worst place to work. If you don’t want to loose your certification don’t go there.

Always short staff. No CNAs, no Nurses, not enough kitchen or housekeeping staffs.

Employees are overworked and under paid

Managements are rude and always rude to both patients and staff
This is great place to work when I come into work every day I feel welcomed feel part of a team never feel left great management their great at what they do
After change of administration, my tenure with Cantex was short lived. I had been there for approximately 6 years before the change and we were family. When corporate came in with their own decisions and ideas and the ED and DON left, the replacement ED was corrupt and unprofessional and the DON was lazy and conniving. Needless to say, the entire facility went down.
Pros
Pay, Patient, Co-workers
Cons
Corporate micromanagement
October 17, 2019
We take all of our reviews seriously, and would like an opportunity to speak with you about your working experience with us. Please reach out to us directly at 214-954-4114, we hope to hear from you soon.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cantex Continuing Care Network. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1