Cantex Continuing Care Network Employee Reviews

You’re either in the click or you’re in the way!
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2019
I recognized very early on that there was a group/click culture and if you were not on board with brown nosing then you won’t last long. Most professionals just want to work hard and maintain a work-life balance. I felt as if all we ever talked about was gossip and there was absolutely no substance to any meetings I ever sat in. The way this company runs their business is impressive, but the support team will eventually run what’s left of their reputation in the ground. Very disappointing and would not recommend any true professional to waste your time working for this company. Regional support is a TOTAL joke.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Culture, Poor Management
Bad to the core
Administrator ED (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Can you say micromanagement to the 100 degree, this company is so bad that when you list that you have been with them on a resume for under a year most employers in the industry say oh that's ok that's expected with them!
Pros
Cons
Cut throat
Wolf in sheeps clothing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 27, 2019
They tell you want you want to hear to get you in there to lie to you and treat you bad and over work you! Don't fall for it! Wolf in sheeps clothing. Awful place and mangers..... I would NEVER suggest working here. Look at all the BAD reviews for this prison with out bars! And it will open you're eyes wide. Good luck
Pros
There was none!
Cons
Awful place to work, No help from anyone, they lie, they are wolfs in sheeps clothing...RUN
Maintenance
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Runaway people. I was on vacation come back to get fired.......... they love to spend money on outside work, like contractors....and not there employees.....
Horrible!!
LVN (Former Employee) –  Groves, TXDecember 28, 2018
It’s like a three ring circus there. Management is horrible. They fight with one another instead of working together. Communication is horrible. You never know what’s going on with the patients bc you barely get report. Nurses are too busy blaming each other for stuff going wrong instead of working together. Training is minimal and you pretty much get thrown out to the wolves. The other nurses like to criticize instead of helping new ppl. CNA’s come to work when they want to and don’t get reprimanded for it. Management plays favorites. Tried going to management several times with issues and nothing would ever get done about it. It was one of the worst places I have worked since becoming a nurse. I wouldn’t put my worst enemy at this facility.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor training, no communication
not a great place to work unless you want hung out to dry
Charge Nurse LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2018
no support from management. benefits are a joke insurance offered is minimal and far too high copays for the cost. 401k matching changes every year.

Good CNAs are thrown under the bus and written up for doing their job while others who refuse to do their job are not. writeups for some people disappear and never make it to HR while others make it there. Inconsistent standards. Management pushes their work off onto others.
December 4, 2018

Hi there, we regret to hear that you are displeased with your recent experience with us. Please reach out to us at (214) 954-4114, x137 when you can so we can address this situation directly. Thank you and have a great day.

Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Solera at West HoustonNovember 25, 2018
This is a beautiful facility with 8 halls and a hotel perspective at first glance. Sad regional support, company requires you to complete left over Assessments, from 6-9 months prior to your that were due before your hire date. You are required to start work with no preceptor and they send you off site for Vision (softwear) training after a week. Staff is friend but cut throat. Mananagement team is disfunctionsl and unorganized.
Pros
Average pay
Cons
Sad regional support; Unrealistic expectation of staff.
Wonderful compensation
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXNovember 9, 2018
The company is great and pays very well. I wish we were offered certifications that were valid outside the company and not just check offs to move employees along in their work. The culture with my coworkers is great and we are a family. Management has a revolving door unfortunately.
Pros
Great experience and amazing patients
Cons
Very little guidance from management when needed
November 13, 2018

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Corporate!

game room /checkers,chess,popcorn, movie day
palimino place rehabilitation center (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 6, 2018
It was a regular day.
This was my first job and i learned to clean so man thing and learned about the health and condition of the facility.
The most enjoyed part about the job is that the workers and patients were very friendly and everyone treated me like family.
There was no hard part about the job
Pros
good payment
Cons
short breaks
November 13, 2018

Hi, we really appreciate your positive review! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Just run away
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 14, 2018
I worked for this company for less than 6 months and honestly it was too long. I knew the building I worked for needed some change to better the patient’s life and make the work environment bearable. I didn’t know what I had gotten myself into and I should have quit after the first week. My training and orientation was ridiculous. I’ve been a nurse for 8 years, I have hospital experience in the ER and ICU. It was ridiculous to train me as a CNA and waste my time for 2 days. It clearly states I have trained CNAs on my resume. Also the nurses I trained with had no idea what they were doing. The nurses have no idea of state regulations and there skill sets are embarrassing. I had 2differemt DONs and 2 ADONs. All 4 individuals are the worst people I’ve ever met. They have no concern about patient well being and they clearly do not care about the staff. My latest DON and ADON tried ruling with ghetto ness, hatefulness, ugliness and fear. They called staff vulgar names and made fun of staff and patients in front of others....it’s embarrassing. Do not bother going up the chain of command to make a complaint because your corporate DON will tell your DON and then you have a hostile work environment.... as if it wasn’t already. No one is held accountable. Most people are unwilling to learn or do more than sit on their butts. Most of their nurses have a fit if they have to do more than pass medications. Our social worker sends people home without home health services and Does not folllow up with families. The SS, DON, and ADON spend most of their time out smoking. The nursing department  more... is subpar compared to other departments. The therapy team was amazing for the most part. I have more faith in therapy to care for or save someone’s life than most of the nurses and management. The building should just be shut down, and a lot of their buildings in the Dallas area are the same. I feel sorry for the patients and the few good employees they have. If they do not like you, they will push you out, and you definitely do not get paid enough for all the craziness you deal with on a daily basis. No wonder this company has state in their buildings as much as they do and get so many tags including IJ tags. DON NOT APPLY! RUN AWAY!  less
Pros
Therapy department
Cons
See review
October 30, 2018

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. Our manager would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to us at (214) 954-4114. We look forward to hearing from you.

Love my second Home 💜
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Round Rock TxOctober 7, 2018
I Love my Job it’s a great place to work, all of my residents are very sweet and kind we treat everyone as family. I been with the Company for almost two years and would not think of going anywhere else.. Great place to work with Benefits with Great pay
Pros
Home away from home
October 30, 2018

Poor Management
Lvn (Former Employee) –  Groves TxOctober 1, 2018
Short Staff and Worked All days off but then they will make you take off on the days they choose so you cannot hit overtime. Too many people not knowing what is going on in facility.
Pros
Great Residents and Buidling
Cons
Poor management, always short staff
More like CANT-EXpect to keep employees!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 13, 2018
Its sad because I was so excited to work here in the beginning. They had such a great orientation and the company seemed wonderful on paper. Really looked like they were different but I was so wrong. This was by far the worst place I've ever worked. Every nursing home/ rehabilitation facility is understaffed and underpaid but the different will always be management and team work. The clique atmosphere is out of control. More Managers on duty than floor nurses yet they all sit around and order take out and do very little to support or back up the nurses working under their license. I won't even go into the shadiness of the management but let's just say NOBODY has your back. Do not work here. Not worth the time, energy or morality you will lose. Other reviews say the pay is great, that's also a lie. Plus the insurance is a joke.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Everything else!
Ok
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Round rock TxSeptember 9, 2018
Well it’s a well organized place that carries its employees on its back to get tasks done. Also it’s a place that’s well observed by the corporate. I like it but wouldn’t recomended
October 4, 2018

Hello, thank you for the high star rating! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

Terrible management and lack of ethical behavior
N/A (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 5, 2018
I would run.....not walk away from this company. There are negative, backstabbing behaviors from the top of the management to the mid level management. There is a cliquish environment and no support for the team members. Many days spent conspiring how to get rid of other employees and not focusing on standards of care and supporting the employees. I felt as though I was back in Jr. High. New programs put in place without actually performing due diligence in an ethical way and thus, no one know what they are doing. The only one to suffer with this kind of process, will be the patient/resident. Numbers are the only focus, not patient/resident care. No focus on staff retention and unreasonable work life balance. Very questionable marketing practices throughout their “continuum of care” and I would be afraid to ever associate with them again. Salary is good but I now believe it is to cover up for the lack of quality of this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, marketing practices, work life balance, training ......I could go on and on
October 4, 2018

Hi, we truly appreciate your honest feedback. Our manager would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to us at (214) 954-4114, ext 137. We look forward to hearing from you.

Excelent
Nutricion services (Current Employee) –  Madison on marsh Carrollton tx.August 17, 2018
I m employee for a long time in this company and the employees keep working between 8 - 13 years I think this is because cantex is excelent to work
Pros
Excelent
August 29, 2018

We're so delighted to see reviews like this! We think Cantex is a great place to work, too! Thank you for sharing!

Lvn
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 7, 2018
This is not a good place to work at all. Very short staffed, managers pretend like they care but they don't. They talk behind each others back. The pay is terrible, this is why they lose the people that they have. No appreciation, work overload. It seems as though they will hire anybody, very sad. Don't waste your time!!
Pros
Pretty Building
Cons
Poor management, no staff, work overload
August 12, 2018

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. Our manager would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to us at (214) 954-4114, 137. We look forward to hearing from you.

Low supplies,and short staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXAugust 1, 2018
Low supplies you had to get to work and hustle for wipes and towels.i had to buy my own wipes to take to work.not enough aides.some leave on break for hours.i only work 8 days and very back breaking
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Low supplies and short staff
August 12, 2018

Hi there, I would like to get some more details about your experience with us. I would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to me at (214) 954-4114, x137. I look forward to hearing from you.

Inconsistent and Unclear Management Style
Employee (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXJuly 30, 2018
Enjoyed my work there. Loved my position. However, it is hard to work where there is lack of communication, unclear expectations, inconsistent rules and lack of understanding of other departments roles. Gossip is rampant.
Pros
Working with sweet elderly clients
Cons
Lack of assistance when needed
August 12, 2018

Hi there, I would like to get some more details about your experience with us and would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to me at (214) 954-4114, x137. I look forward to hearing from you.

Management and there Unappreciativness
CNA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2018
I for one, felt like I was always under the radar. As in someone in management was always watching me to see if I’m doing my job, which I know how to do because I’ve been doing nursing assistant for some years now. The reason why I say this becuase management was cool with all the other CNA’s and when it came to me, it was as if I was an outsider and I didn’t belong. No matter how hard I worked, it always went unnoticed and they seemed soo unappreciative about it, and it wasn’t just me. There were other CNA’s that felt the same way. They even had a bulletin board dedicated to all the CNA’s that did a good job and not one time was I ever up there, even I know I deserved a spot, but whatever. It’s probably becuase I kept to myself, did my job and didn’t really fool around in all that gossiping. But anywho, they also expected a lot out of you even when they’re short staff, and that’s another thing. They could never keep a full staff....and I wonder why lol. They’re soo unappreciative, that our CNA week was a joke. The first day was root beer floats in super small cups with one small scoop of ice cream. It was small enough for a three year old. The next day was supposed to be nachos, but management forgot everything to make the nachos. Like, really??? So they didn’t even bother to redo that one. The third day was popcorn, but instead of making an announcement to let the aides know that there was popcorn. They were all secretive about it and hid it in an area that no CNA would ever think to look. Just terrible, absolutely terrible. Glad I don’t work there anymore.
Pros
Teamwork from the CNA’s, getting along with CNA’s and getting to go home.
Cons
Management, Low pay, short staffed and the unappreciativeness
August 12, 2018

Hi, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. Here at Corporate, we are always looking for ways to improve; we appreciate your input. If you would be willing, we would like to have you contact our manager at (214) 954-4114, x137 to discuss ways we can better serve you in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cantex Continuing Care Network. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9