Cantex Continuing Care Network Culture reviews

Wonderful compensation
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXNovember 9, 2018
The company is great and pays very well. I wish we were offered certifications that were valid outside the company and not just check offs to move employees along in their work. The culture with my coworkers is great and we are a family. Management has a revolving door unfortunately.
Pros
Great experience and amazing patients
Cons
Very little guidance from management when needed
Official response from Cantex Continuing Care Network
November 13, 2018

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Corporate!

Love my second Home ๐Ÿ’œ
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Round Rock TxOctober 7, 2018
I Love my Job itโ€™s a great place to work, all of my residents are very sweet and kind we treat everyone as family. I been with the Company for almost two years and would not think of going anywhere else.. Great place to work with Benefits with Great pay
Pros
Home away from home
Official response from Cantex Continuing Care Network
October 30, 2018

Productive and fun work place
Unit manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TXMarch 9, 2018
We work together as a team and every one is like family to me. We cry together, we stress together, and we always make it work somehow if things are down. The hardest part of the job would be not always having reliable staff but we come together and get things done as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work and seeing the patients and the staff.
Great Company!
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2017
I am very pleased and happy to be a part of Cantex! The 2 day Leadership orientation in Addison was a lot of fun and it was an awesome opportunity to learn more about the company and put a face to the names of those I communicate with frequently! I loved the opportunity to network amongst my company as well!
I have been with Cantex since June and have nothing but great things to say about my co-workers, management team and working for Cantex!
Pros
Great training oppourtunities, Work life balance, Benefits
Busy and productive
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 28, 2017
Busy from time you get there until you leave. Good about keeping you informed about changes.Friendly and helpful co workers. Good management.Hardest part is continual changes with the government.
Could be great, but misses the mark
Nurse (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 7, 2017
There are lots of poor reviews for a reason. The sad part is this could be a really good place to work with a few changes. Unfortunately, the company is strictly profit driven above all else and there will never be any changes. Employee concerns are ignored. If they believe the census is not high enough they will tell you to stay home and not come to work that day (so you miss a shift and pay for that shift). If you are there they will do the same to another nurse or aide and the people left there are completely overworked and stressed to level 10. The only way to finish your work is to cut corners and that's not safe. Patients get angry because of how poorly run the place is and they can't get the attention they need.

On my second day of "training" my trainer didn't show up and I was expected to just do the job. That's with hardly knowing how their complicated eMAR works and just trying to learn the layout of the place. I kept hearing how no one ever stayed and the other nurses and aides wished they could get a decent team together but all of the good people that came in would quit after a month or two.

The place I worked looks very nice and upper scale, so I ignored the poor reviews. The pay is pretty decent as well. Don't make the same mistake I did.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
shift call offs, very high stress
Productive and great workplace
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXSeptember 24, 2016
Great place to work, compensation very low. Great management and residents. Hardest part of job is losing loved ones that you've grown a bond with,
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low compensation
Good Jo
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Great coworkers and family atmosphere. Loved working at a place that helped people. My Director was the best. Hated to leave the job.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Overpay for job dissatisfaction
Corporate Management (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 18, 2013
Company compensates lack of corporate culture with overpaying salaries. Only keeps employees engaged for the short-term.