Cantina Southwestern Grill Employee Reviews

Great friendly place to work
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTOctober 24, 2018
I love working at the Cantina Southwestern Grill, so many great co-workers and great management. Some days are slow some days are super busy. It’s something that’s frequently changing on a weekly basis.
Pros
Discounted meals, great kitchen staff, awesome managers
Cons
No actual smoking area
It was a fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 8, 2018
I wish that they were busier because I would still be working there. I miss the purple that I worked with every day! I had to leave because there just want enough money.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Not enougj money
Fun co-workers but bad management
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTFebruary 1, 2018
I worked some lunches which were usually slow, dinner shifts were better. However, I liked working days better because I didn't like working until as late as midnight. Management was not the best when I was there, but my co-workers were great.
I was practically fired for no reason!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 20, 2017
At first, I really liked the job. But they insist you go by a script. And they didnt really train me at all. I was yelled at for lack of understanding about my job, and how things were supposed to happen.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Very unproffesional
Company doesn't care about servers
Server (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 21, 2017
The servers made almost no money. I worked lunch shifts and never ONCE made more than $35 dollars. Management just said sorry, the number of servers comes from corporate. I never broke $75 working the night shift either and commonly would make less than $40. And I would be there for HOURS doing side work. I would have made more money working fast food.
Horrible pay! Would not recommend.
Server (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 14, 2017
You will make more working at Denny's. This restaurant is SO SLOW. I would make $40 on a good night. Don't waste your time. Also, management is rude and lazy. Most of the people I worked with were low class hate to say it, but it is the truth.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Pay, co workers, management
miss this job.
Waitress, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMay 4, 2014
It is hard to give a review on Olive garden, I was only there a while then I moved to ut and wasn't able to transfer to the Olive garden here in layton. Management was the best I have ever had.
Personable team
Marketing Manager/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 24, 2013
Every company has it's pros and cons, and this company's no different, but where they lack in one area, when compared to larger companies, they make up for it in other ways. Many in the management team have been with the company for many years, and this is a reflection of the personalized attention every member of the team gets.
productive and fun workplace!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 3, 2013
Working here is very fun! The managers are great and always helping you learn new things.