Canton Mercy Medical Center Employee Reviews

Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 1, 2019
Didn't like Mercy at all in the housekeeping, there was alot of drama everyday it was something somebody talking about someone, your boss wouldn't fix the issue at all and if you would talk to your boss about it , then you would be the one to they would change your lifestyle, by.... change your weekend and your days off, but if it's the other person that is the cause, mangment wouldn't do a thing to the person who is causing the promble, so if you like drama work at Mercy
Pros
Get to have party's on your work weekend
Cons
Mangment is bad
canton mercy medical center
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 5, 2018
The overall day start early and quick paced drawing labs on the patients that are listed on each floor. management is sometimes inconsistent with the concerns of the staff, they do continue to work with the staff to address the issues that arise with in the lab. The culture of the workplace is sometimes stressful due to the environment of a hospital. The most enjoyable part is taking care and talking with the patients. The hardest part is when a patient passes away. I do sometimes through conversations get attached to the patients. I do enjoy the work I do. I am just interested in a better work environment with hours that will work better for me to advance my education.
Pros
the patients
Cons
the environment and communication of the other hospital staff
learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 10, 2018
I did enjoy my job at MMC for the most part and that is because i was able to help people. My duty in life is to help others be healthy. I was able to make a difference in those people's lives and that is all that mattered to me. With that being said i wouldn't recommend any minorities to work in this facility, for they are not on your side when discrimination takes place. It's a very sad situation that they encourage you to come to them if you have problems but then make more problems for you when you do.
Every day was a new day with interesting events!
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 4, 2018
Mercy Medical Center is a very diverse family that starts off as employees! The dedication and attention to the needs of patients and families by the staff is amazing! Every day was a new experience and we never had a dull moment.
I loved talking with the patients and their families and making sure that they had what they needed while they were with us. The hardest part to deal with was when one or our patients was given bad news and when we were unable to save one.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Strict Call Off Policy
Fast Paced and busy
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 2, 2018
Work was generally evenly distributed.
Direct Supervisor expected job to be completed 2 hours prior to end of shift. This was not realistic in nursing.
I learned a lot about Care Management, physicians were usually willing to answer questions about their cases
Pros
nice work environment and great co-workers
Cons
Manager expecting work to be completed 2 hours prior to end of shift
Loved my job.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Canton, OhioOctober 17, 2018
I asked about more hours. Was only getting 32 to 36 hours a week. Needed full time; however, no one could get full time. There were three girls already getting full time hours and no one else could receive them.
Pros
people
Cons
Not full time
Mercy Job review
Plebotomist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 10, 2018
You learn time management skills to ensure that you get all of your daily blood draws done on time. Fast paced environment and stressful at times. Learn to know your surroundings and the importance of health and safety in a hospital environment.
Pros
Out of work early
Cons
Early shift start time
Good work environment
Courier/Van Transport (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 30, 2018
Workplace culture and environment is great. Pay is not in line with what people need to make to survive comfortably. I enjoy working for Mercy Medical Center as they are a great hospital.
laid back and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 24, 2018
great place to work/management is laid back they let you do your job your not micro managed. Hours are great. free parking you discounts at local merchants
Not the best place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 16, 2018
7M is a horrible floor to work on. Staffing is always minimal and when it is sufficient staff is removed to compensate for budget. Nursing Supervisor cares more for her budget than anything else. Maybe because she vacation soo much. Doesn’t care how staff feels. Supplies are always low. Floor is a dumping ground for any and everything. Staff are over worked and definitely under paid. There isn’t any teamwork amongst employees, they will let you sink before helping. PCC have their favorites that they will help first. Definitely not a long term job for anyone.
plenty of work bad managment
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Canton, OH 44708June 25, 2018
bad director of company Has no idea what she is doing. Place would be much better if she was gone. Pay was good but have not had a raise in 2 years. would like better education,
grant place to work
LABORATORY ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 30, 2018
Mercy Medical Center i love working there i lover the sis work in the
hospital my hours 4:00am were just to early for me to work i had to ride the bus every day at that time in Ohio no buses on the early
Nice place to work at the time
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed working there. I stopped working there because I got a management position at Golf Galaway. I was working the 7pm to 7am shift at the hospital, so it was nice not having to work overnight.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
working over night
High stress area with learning opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 12, 2018
The environment can be challenging to work in due to high stress area. Staff is supportive of each other for most part. Management encourages learning, however there is favoritism at times. EBP is encouraged and utilized. Most enjoyable part of job is helping patients and families at most vulnerable times in their lives.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Good place to work, but work life balance is not the best.
The benefits are not as good.
You do not get enough PTO.
Managers are very nice!
You do get your lunch break!
not a good overall experience
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 21, 2017
I have worked for Mercy over a year, Human resources down to management were horrible. I have never felt more unwanted, unappreciated and under compensated in my entire history of working.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership skills from management.
Volunteer Staff - wonderson
Volunteer, Mercy Hospital - Anderson (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45255October 22, 2017
I worked in the Volunteer Office that Mercy Hospital - Anderson.
I enjoyed the time I spent with the staff.
They were very kind to me.
Mercy Hospital - Anderson is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
friendship
Cons
not enough hours in the day
good place to work.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 2, 2017
I was a nurse for mercy hospital. Met alot of good ppl here. I loved my job. Good pay plenty of time off. Good benefits. Did not care for some of the doctors but that was it.
Pros
dicounted lunch
Cons
no tobacco
poor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2017
Horrible working conditions ! Hopefully this corporation has made improvements since I worked for them. I left because I was afraid for the safety of the patients.
Fun workpalce
Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2017
Typical day at work is you don't know what's coming. Learning is never-ending in Emergency Department. Workplace is diverse, workers are nice and respectful.
Pros
Free lunches when busy provided by bosses.
Cons
No breaks when super busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canton Mercy Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Canton Mercy Medical Center Reviews by Location