Canyon Contracting Inc

Working at Canyon Contracting Inc: 8 Reviews

United States8 reviews

Strong company culture

The work is fast paced and involves a high level of communication between office and field personnel. The management is top notch and very well versed in this industry. The owner is highly respected and knowledgeable, he is also respectful of each and every one of his staff. There are not many downfalls to working here. They pay fair and they recognize there staff on a weekly or monthly basis. The office culture was my favorite part of this job. Everyone is there with the same goal in mind to get the job done the best way they know how. There are many outside team building events to keep moral high. If your an introvert or not a team player look elsewhere. Of course all companies lack something but with that being said the good far out weighs the bad at this company. So if you know concrete this is the place you want to work, hands down!

Pros

Team building events, fair pay, recognition and upward mobility

Cons

90 day wait period or longer for benefits

Good

I like working with canyon because I used my carpenter skills.alot I did a lot of good quality work with canyon also was a equipment operator as well.i showed a lot of my all around skills and experience as well as craftsmanship ..as a contractor

Productive work environment

Management was not always forthcoming with information needed to sustain a permanent position. After taking the competitive bid ratio from less than one in eleven to one in four and providing shop work for the next two and a half years a business decision was made that the fundamentals I brought to the company could be taught to someone less experienced thereby saving the company about half my salary. I was released with no warning; the team environment and promise of steady employment they promised did not exist.

Amazing Company Culture

Canyon has a great company culture. All of the employees are so welcoming and there are fun team outings. Canyon cares about developing your knowledge and skills.

Pros

Company culture, work life balance, team oriented

The company is a good concrete company

The have opportunities for growth. Pays well sends you to school have benefits you just don't know how long you gonna be working. Most of all if they got work you are fine.

Pros

Pay well and has classes

Cons

Dont know when u gonna be let go

Satisfactory

Felt like family always willing to help and teach.The management always show that they truly care for you.even after your employment with them they still call and talk to you to see how you are.I respect them a lot for they have taught me a lot.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Too much travel

Succesful Company

Good place to work, Strong company with history of success. Supportive workplace, financially rewarding. If asked whether I would recommend to a friend I would.

Was a great company

This was a great company to work for. Unfortunately, Being a small company, they have gone out of business. They provided great products, great work, and great customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canyon Contracting Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits