CAPCA Employee Reviews

Good starter job
Head Start (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 10, 2018
This company has an excellent mission of teaching children ages birth to age five
to be Kindergarten ready. This, they excel at. The lack of leadership experience from upper management is detrimental to the staff who work for them across the board. Staff across the organization are constantly given multiple workloads including multiple jobs for the same pay and turnover is very high. There is not significant upward advancement opportunities. The medical plans have a $12k family yearly deductible. Upper management micromanages. These people have a great heart for the mission but do not value nor respect their employees.
Pros
Great 401k ; great hearts for the mission
Cons
Bad work/life balance; micromanage; lack of professionalism and leadership
Former Head Start Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Head Start CenterAugust 10, 2018
I loved the center and the fellow teachers that I worked with. I really enjoyed teaching the children and helping the families. It was a stressful job, managing small children all day long and the amount of paperwork we had to complete could take away time from planning and implementing organized learning activities. I worked more than eight hours a lot of days just trying to be the best teacher I could be for the kids and completing paperwork and cleaning but we never get paid for overtime. As a job, I enjoyed it but the pay is not enough for the work required. As an organization, CAPCA expects too much of their employees with a lot of rules and regulations. Upper management also is very out of touch with the daily running of the classrooms and has unrealistic expectations. When problems arise, they do very little to support staff. Management does not get paid significantly more than lower employees so even if you get a promotion, pay raises and benefits are no better. For me, there was no long term career potential but I did enjoy my time there.
Pros
Sick and vacation days, health insurance, 401k options, school hours
Cons
Low pay, Short Breaks (sometimes none), lack of career growth opportunities, high staff turnover rate
the worst job in the WORLD
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lonoke, ARJanuary 27, 2018
Constant harassment, hostile environment, low pay, and manager is always getting someone fired. I called HR and how about they said im not the first, but she still at the location in Lonoke!!!!!
Pros
off weekend
Cons
off during school outing
Great place for working to prepare children for school.
Center Manager/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Conway, AR 72034March 22, 2017
Work with great people to help children prepare for school. A typical school day teaching emotional/social skills, following a set schedule, interacting with students and parents daily, and helping each child individually with their strengths and weaknesses.
Rewarding and expanding opportunity
Community Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJanuary 7, 2016
Typical day was to greet community members for specified services from linking to services or enrolling in Community Action Programs. I learned the county with which I had the pleasure of working with has a clean slate with the need of linking agencies and organizations in order to assist the community. My role was to be responsible for the office staff, quarterly commodities distribution, weekly food distributions and community collaborative which was started and supported by employer. My co-workers and I worked in a personal and fast paced environment, making the hardest part of the job being unable to assist clients. This was generally because of being over income, or lack of resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know folks of all walks of life. Clients, community members, business owners and agency representatives. It was an honor and blessing to have been part of this agency and the supervisorial staff.
Pros
Community Involvement
Cons
Inability to assist, due to lack of funds or resources
Great euctional system edicated to help the low income community
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kensett, ARJune 21, 2015
Great pace to work, teaching pre-k children, co-workers are team oriented and I love making a difference in children's lives each day.
excellent management
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 31, 2014
Loved being a preschool teacher. Loved the management. alot of gossip from co-workers and everyone kept to themselves making everyone akward.
Pros
management
Cons
co-workers