CAPCO LLC Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Machine Shop
Machinist I (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 13, 2018
The job isn't too bad, but the pay is way below the industry standard for starting wages. Experienced opperators get hired on for much better wages than those with experience in the company.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
pay rate
good job
Warehouse Supervisor/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chowchilla, CAApril 4, 2018
good job great place to work enjoyed it and had no problems paid well with good be nights and b I she's were fsir. benefitsve r e great and do was the pay
Pros
good job
nice breakroom
Spot Welder Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 12, 2018
I learned very little from working here because management did not allow me to advance. I did the same task from the beginning of my shift to the end, and also from the beginning of my employment to the end.
Pros
quiet
Cons
poor management
Official response from CAPCO LLC
August 13, 2018

Capco LLC is in Grand Junction CO. Not sure this review is from our facility.

Long hours, underpaid, not appreciated for what you do
Truck Driver/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 20, 2017
I drove a truck in 3 different states hauling raw and finished parts to various vendors. I was told on numerous occasions to "modify" my log book to meet the company's needs. I was hit head on in December of 2016 and while recovering from my broken neck and other injuries I was sent a letter of termination stating my employment was no longer needed. This was a dirty move in my opinion. I didn't even receive the average pay of truck drivers comparable to the local market, actually about 3-5 dollars an hour below average pay.
Pros
Cons
everything about the people running the show
lots of overtime
Aida servopro pregressive press operator/set-up (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 6, 2017
loved the place but upper management caused company to lose alot of higly trained operators.Never honered peoples time off. No respect for family life.Work is your family.
Neverwanted to cross train operator so we could use time off. not very often did we not holidays
Pros
good benifits
Cons
upper management had no people skills
Stable Job
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 26, 2017
Good Job if you need a stable job with benefits. Good people with flexible management. Excellent maintenance with opportunities to move forward within the company.
I enjoy working at CAPCO, but I am looking for something that better suits my abilites and my degree in accounting.
Material Handler/ Repack (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 20, 2017
In my typical daily job, my day starts out with checking the racks, to see how many parts are on the shelf and restocking it. Filling overflow products to another department. Also, this consist of driving a forklift in order to restock parts. Each morning, I take a skid of totes over to a company within us to have parts to coat, so I may get them later to restock on shelves. Once that is done, I go back to my station and start repacking orders. I also bring parts every two hours to another department to make sure they don't run out of parts. Then at the end of the day, I perform clean up, also do all my paperwork to track how much I have done for the day. Then finally, what I don't finish, then I leave a note for the next person coming in to let them know what they need to finish in order to get the product shipped. I have learned so much about shipping that I never knew and it's a very fast paced position. I can't say enough good things about the workplace. The people are what make a company and I have been blessed to work with wonderful and helpful people there. The hardest part I would say about the job is: Sometimes when the parts come in, they are about 2 inches from the top of the tote, which makes the totes very heavy / 40 lbs. to lift over your head on the rack, but I have come up with a solution for that. I just divide them in different totes. The most enjoyable / rewarding part of my job is working with a great group of people and everyone working as a team to get the job done.
Pros
It's a climate controlled atmosphere, great people, etc.
Cons
I wish it was more hours than just 40, because I like to keep busy.
Not for the motivated go getter.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 18, 2017
There is a general mentality of doing just enough at this company. Despite their status as a manufacturer of many automotive safety components, soon to be a tier 1 supplier, quantity is always more important than quality. Most of the previous reviews are entirely accurate from my experience. If you are a serious, dedicated, and educated/trained person you will likely be better off anywhere else.
poor communication, overly aggressive management
Die Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 16, 2017
maintaining equipment is very low priority, poor communicators pay is low end of competitive scale, slow to buy required tooling for dies, but the health insurance is decent.
Horrendous white trash job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 1, 2017
Nearly everyone who works at Capco is uneducated, white trash, unprofessional and unpleasant to be around. Do not work here unless you want to feel like a low class loser.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Everything and everyone
fast paced assembly
assembly/quality (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 26, 2017
fun, fast paced assembly of seat belt rails in automobiles. great hours with manditaory overtime not an option. HR was nice to work with but supervisor was not.
Great company.. many incentives, benifits and bonuses
Welding (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 31, 2016
Not only was Working here a great learning experience but also just a great job all around. Being a union job everything about it was perfect. I got to do what i love everyday, learn more while doing it. It was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAPCO LLC. Our community is ready to answer.