Capco Employee Reviews

Amazing people but management issues
Senior Consultant - Design Thinking (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2018
I haven't worked somewhere that I enjoyed the people I worked with as much as I do at Capco. However, the company doesn't stay true to its word to new hires and seems desperate to win new business, even when the work puts the company in a position where they don't have the right employees for the project to be successful. When hired, I was told I wouldn't be in a travel position, but since joining I have been on three projects, two of which have been full-time travel. The work can be challenging, but the company is more interested in staffing you on projects that are profitable rather than one where you are growing skills you desire.
quiet and calm, yet a bit fast-paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INOctober 23, 2018
A typical work day consisted of everyone starting with the daily meeting, explaining any quality issues there was. We would look at the schedule on the board to see where we would be at for the day before going to said areas. I learned how to work well with people and work fast. Management was nice and workplace culture was a bit slim. The hardest part of the job was just working with our hands. Assembling the parts would hurt my hands. The most enjoyable part was just the satisfaction of meeting production.
Pros
Fridays we would order out as a group, some of the people were nice, the benefits
Cons
not climate controlled
Bad culture
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2018
Quite a few bad apples that are more focused on perception than quality results. Pretty toxic environment. A lot of good talent is let go, and a lot of mediocre talent stays due to billability. The end-of-year review process is very rigid, a system the competition moves away from. A lot of staff aug. Heard multiple people describe it as "amateur hour."
Productive and fun place to work
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 5, 2018
Great workplace atmosphere, management was there to help, this was a contract - temporary position, only lasted 3 months Close drive to home, good work/life balance, had flexible hours and they brough in lunch often. I would have loved to stay with this company had they offered me a full time position; however, the contract did not get renewed.
Pros
Good hourly pay, flexible hours
Cons
Contract ended too soon
Pretty bad
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 4, 2018
They sweep the problems under the rug and dont address them. They made it very difficult to work. The work environment was horrible. The people there don't care and they don't clean anything.
in home care
Aide (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJanuary 11, 2019
taking care of daily needs of individuals in home care. aide came back lost job.I did not feel this was appropriate. manager did not try to find me other clients
Poor Leadership, lack of opportunities - mostly PMO Staff Aug
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  New YorkJuly 11, 2018
Don’t know where to start, but it’s the most pathetic and humiliating consulting organization I have ever come across in almost all aspects.
- First of all, it is not consulting and is purely staff aug which includes maximum PMO opportunities.
- I would advice all laterals to keep away from this firm. Very poor culture and even poor leadership.
- No opportunities and there seems no pipeline of work
- They have a hire and fire policy, so basically no matter your experience you are treated like a body. If you are not able to find a project for yourself in a matter of 2 months consider your days are numbered.
- HR and Talent Management is a complete joke
- Partners act as if they are a blessing to the mankind

Bottom line - please don’t join for your own good. No matter what compensation or position is offered.
Pros
Free Sodas and Coffee in office
Cons
Almost everything
Amazing
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
I loved everyone at Capco most laid back job I've ever had. The manager is a doll, everyone there is willing an able to give you an opportunity, nobody has an attitude I loved it.
Great Culture / low pay
MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Loved Capco. Was underpaid. Great support and mentorship. Alignment to projects not perfect or strategic. Capco is a great place to learn if you have an open mind.
Horrible
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 17, 2018
Worked there for a month and it was the worst month ever. Had issues with a coworker that never got resolved management never cared about the issue. Wouldn’t allow me to move into a new department. Overall bad place.
bad place
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 1, 2018
Management was not fair to employee, when I was train they train me wrong. It was all male managers no females, on training they didn't give any feed back on how you were doing or what they next steps were. The work enviorment was very stressfull. Manager constantaly talking about others employees. Employee confidentiality was broke all the time. They would tell the whole room who was getting fired or wrote up and for what reason.
decent salary, work is garbage
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2018
Came here based on a bunch of lies, promised to lead a team, do innovative work and have an opportunity to grow my skillsets. In stead its been a waste of time and of my talent. Probably hurt my career more than anything.
Pros
Free soda, Near Stone St.
Cons
The work, the people, the iLab, the office
Good firm to start you career in consulting
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  NYJune 5, 2018
This is a mid-sized consulting firm and they are happy with their mid-sized status. If you are thinking of jumping into consulting then consider Capco as a springboard to your career as a consultant
Pros
Personal touch
Cons
Limited engagements
Don't believe their hype
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
Capco wants to pretend to be innovative and progressive, but really it's the same as its competition, staff augmentation and pmo work. Flexibility is just a lie they sell you on, you don't really have a say in projects. Work-life balance is terrible on a lot of projects. And there's no reason for that if they'd just staff adequately. There's also blatant favoritism and dumb internal politics that nobody past the age of 10 should engage in.
Don't believe their hype during the interview, it's mostly fluff. Do your research and know what you're getting into. This is not Google by any means and they will manipulate you left and right.l
Pros
High Salary
Cons
Bad Work-Life Balance, politics, and project options
Fun
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYAugust 8, 2018
It was a good work environment. I loved working through CAPCO. The interview was easy,and the way they handled things was amazing. I would higly recommend working here
i can speak in i statements on this reveiw
Family Essentials(Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYMay 29, 2018
i like the work and it hard to come up with 95 letters to explain. it like the yard sales are brought to you. you can see how the population was brought up to through away
Pros
no time clock
Cons
open to all
n/a
Senior Consultant/Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2018
It allows you to grow and train people. Also noticable clients. Have time to learn and network. There is also free water and soda at the home base.
Free Food
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
They have a lot of free fruit and coffee which is always a plus. Every morning at 10am they put out free fruit and the coffee is really good. The job is long hours and management is hit or miss
Pros
Free coffee and fruit
Cons
Good work life balance and employee friendly company
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaFebruary 6, 2018
Good work life balance and employee friendly company. HR policies are people oriented. Good learning experience. management is easily approachable if feedback is required to be given.
Pros
Provides one Fruit a day to employees, Employee Friendly
Cons
Should provide work from home
PMO/Staff Aug
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
If you enjoy doing PMO and Staff Augmentation work then this is the place for you. If you want something challenging and intellectually stimulating then stay far away. The firm advertises projects in FinTech but in reality that is not the case.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capco. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Capco.

Powered by Comparably