Cape Air Employee Reviews

The enviornment and management was professional
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrigada, GUMay 16, 2019
A typical day at work is never the same as any ordinary day. Everyday is a new experience, I meet people from all walks of life and I meet my regular customers. I've learned to be more culturally diverse and I've built my customer service through meeting and servicing each one of them.
The hardest part of my job is, when I'm unable to accomplish a great day of work without situations that are beyond my control, such as mechanical issues, or weather problems.
I enjoy every moment at work, from making my way into work, greeting my fellow management team, calling into our dispatch department, briefing with the flight crew, greeting my customers, and enjoying the view from 14000 feet in the air.
Pros
Flying benefits, Health benefits
Cons
Flying in one region
Great Place to work
Operation/Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAAugust 7, 2018
Great for students with complex schedules and want to work consecutive or diverse schedule. Great travel benefits to fly around the world. Free flights on company flights.
Ok place to work
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJuly 22, 2018
Working for this company is ok. The pay is very low for an Aircraft Mechanic .working on old airplanes which requires a lot of patience and determination
Pros
Employee Traval
Cons
Short breaks
Review with Cape Air
Flight Attendant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  GuamJune 12, 2018
I enjoyed working as a Flight Attendant with Cape Air. I was able to meet alot of new people, improve my customer service skills, expierience the inflight team and as well as travel the world with my family and friends. Overall, Cape Air has been a good experience and i appreciate working with the company while it lasted.
Pros
Insurance, dental, medical and wellness along with free travel
Cons
Low pay
great
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MA 02601April 22, 2018
awesome place to work. lots of freedom to work at your own pace. other employees were good and the management was flexible with hours. would recommend it to anyone.
Great company to start with
Cross Trained Agent (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILApril 7, 2018
Great company to step your foot through the door of aviation. Only reason I’m leaving is because my husband is relocating to another state with his job.
Pros
Vacation and sick time builds every year and every year you work there is a raise.
Cons
Your first year of work starts out with low pay until you receive your evaluation.
Amazing place to work!
CS Agent (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 2, 2018
It was such a blast working there I would work gate and counter.. Checking in Passengers in for there flights. Some days would be really busy but other than that it was steady. Absolutely loved the staff I worked with. Everyone was so nice and friendly. The best part was we got to fly for free! :) I don't have family where I'm at so it was nice to get to see them.
Pros
Free flights, Great Management and staff, friendly enviroment.
Enjoy the job.
Ramp/operation Agent, Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  cape airFebruary 19, 2018
I like the job it was great. The people who I worked with was good helping people. I want to find a job that makes me feel the same way. I had really enjoy the job.
NIce place to work
Part Time - Ticket Office Agent (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 19, 2017
I worked alone on the phones each day making reservations and answering customer questions - I learned a great deal about the airline business - the hardest part of the job was getting things done in Puerto Rico the most enjoyable was helping people. Unfortunately, the company switched to weekends required and I no longer was interested in working there.
Pros
Assisting Customers - Solving problems
Cons
Weekend Work Requirement
good pay minimum hours bad management
Station Ops Coordinator (Current Employee) –  SJUJune 22, 2017
The lack of management's presence contributes to a high margin of error. Poor communication between management personnel highly affects employee performance it's a my way or the high way hostile type of environment.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
minimum hours bad management
Ambiente de trabajo divertido buen compañerismo y profecionalismo.
A&P Technician (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 9, 2017
En un tipico dia de trabajo realicibamos una reunion para repartir el trabajo luego cada grupo para diferentes aviones.
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
Mejor salario
Fun and up beat place to work
Airline Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJune 1, 2017
Typical airline are generally responsible for overseeing anywhere from 10 to 20 flights simultaneously, and are constantly planning new flights while monitoring current ones.

Self-motivated and multi-tasker.

limited supervision but management on site

Multi culture

No breaks

Team players and traveling
Pros
free travel
Cons
no breaks
Customer Service from start to finish
DBA (Former Employee) –  Saipan, MPMay 12, 2017
airlines are always fun and exciting. Everyday is different, aside from flight routines, there are always going to be different situations and you get to meet different people!
Very satisfied with the management and employees I work with.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 5, 2017
Every day I check passengers into their flights and assist them with anything regarding their flights. I also work on the ramp loading luggage into the aircrafts. My managers treat me with absolute respect and make the environment comfortable to work in. I work there whenever I am not in Albany, for school. My managers are always telling me how they cannot wait to have me back and how much of an asset I am to the company.
Pros
Wonderful benefits, Free airfare, great management
Very Poor Management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMarch 29, 2017
-having worked here for over a year, I learned quickly that the management was happy with status quo. there was no real advancement or real programs used to create a friendly work place. Cape air has very good attitude towards making sure the customers (passengers) get to there destination one way or another, but when it comes to taking care of the employees there is no real ownership by the management. The management is full of individuals who have been working at this company for several years but have no real management skills or background. New ideas from the front line employees like me are often shut down or ignored because it would create more work for the management to make something new happen.
-The fact that the company headquarters is located in the maintenance hanger just shows how much they are willing to pay their employees.
- I would say that if it wasn't for the friendly Co-workers, I would have quit long time ago.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
lack of ownership and accepting responsibility by the management
Amazing Company
CTO (Current Employee) –  Massena, NYMarch 21, 2017
Cape Air is by far the best company I have worked for so far. Management is amazing and the people are wonderful. I definitely recommend this company.
Cons
Good airline to work for.
Fort Lauderdale Base Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Excellent work environment, great people to work with.Pay a bit under industry standards.
Piston aircraft mentality.
Pros
Very Fair
Cons
Suspect decision making
Not really a fun job
City Ticket Office Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2017
Micromanage all facets of your part time position - responsibilities for total working facility including exterior maintenance this is your spot if you like working totally alone - wait until you want to take time off to use those touted travel benefits - good luck with that
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
micromanagement
Great Starting Company
Line Mechanic (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 10, 2017
Good Company to work for, Fun, Flexible with hours. People are friendly and helpful. Several States to apply for, Hardest part was to let go when they close down the FLL station.
management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St Thomas, VINovember 2, 2016
The management here at Cape Air is not the typical management that you would find in other jobs. Here at Cape Air if you try to move on in the company you would be held back because the management is afraid that you would make a mistake.