Cape Air Employee Reviews in Hyannis, MA

Great Place to work
Operation/Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAAugust 7, 2018
Great for students with complex schedules and want to work consecutive or diverse schedule. Great travel benefits to fly around the world. Free flights on company flights.
great
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MA 02601April 22, 2018
awesome place to work. lots of freedom to work at your own pace. other employees were good and the management was flexible with hours. would recommend it to anyone.
Fun and up beat place to work
Airline Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJune 1, 2017
Typical airline are generally responsible for overseeing anywhere from 10 to 20 flights simultaneously, and are constantly planning new flights while monitoring current ones.

Self-motivated and multi-tasker.

limited supervision but management on site

Multi culture

No breaks

Team players and traveling
Pros
free travel
Cons
no breaks
Very Poor Management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMarch 29, 2017
-having worked here for over a year, I learned quickly that the management was happy with status quo. there was no real advancement or real programs used to create a friendly work place. Cape air has very good attitude towards making sure the customers (passengers) get to there destination one way or another, but when it comes to taking care of the employees there is no real ownership by the management. The management is full of individuals who have been working at this company for several years but have no real management skills or background. New ideas from the front line employees like me are often shut down or ignored because it would create more work for the management to make something new happen.
-The fact that the company headquarters is located in the maintenance hanger just shows how much they are willing to pay their employees.
- I would say that if it wasn't for the friendly Co-workers, I would have quit long time ago.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
lack of ownership and accepting responsibility by the management
Crew Scheduling
Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MASeptember 14, 2016
This is a great place to get aviation experience, especially for dispatchers. However, get your experience and get out ASAP! I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy.

There is NO scheduling software. Everything is done using excel files, paper sheets, pencils and markers. Yes, this does create many safety issues and is very inefficient. They have been planning to get software for the past 4 years....

You must like to talk on the phone because you will be making dozens of calls a day BEGGING pilots to work. You essentially turn into a salesman trying to sell pilots shifts. The pilots are already overworked and grumpy, so it makes it hard. You are forced to ask pilots to work up to the maximum hours they are allowed per federal regulations.

Pilots will dislike you just because you work in crew scheduling. The good news is 90% of the pilots are awesome and are willing to work! Just be nice to them and understand they all have personal lives and aren't required to work all the time.

Management is horrendous. About 30 SOC employees and
Crew schedulers have quit over the past two years due to this reason. There are way too many chiefs and not enough employees. Almost all of management is a VP of something and none of them now how to work in SOC/ Crew Sched and they certainly do not understand how bad the pilot shortage is. Numerous times we have had to cancel passenger paying flights to ensure the president, Linda Markham got her own flight to BOS. If Dan wolf paid attention to his airline he would be very disappointed in what it has become.

Cape Air does have
  more... potential to be a good place to work but the management is terrible and the employees are over worked and underpaid. I do not foresee this airline lasting much longer due to morale, pilot shortage and their aging fleet of aircraft.  less
Pros
Flight benefits. Although, you don't make any money and your schedule starting off will be terrible
Cons
Management, no software, low pay, schedules
Not a bad place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  HyannisOctober 10, 2015
Not bad place to work. Raises are a joke and performance reviews do not erxist. Good place to start your aviation career.
Bad management
maintenance (Former Employee) –  HyannisNovember 22, 2014
As a former employee I was hired for with a written job offer. From day one they did not hold to it. They do not care one bit about the rank and file. They are disorganized and take it out on the workers. They do not follow there own procedures and place customers at risk on a daily basis. I saw two major incidents in one week both caused by management or the lack there of. The only reason and I mean the only reason planes have not crashed is the hard work of a few dedicated workers.
Pay is well below industry and regional standards, the benifits are a joke. The place is set up to reward those at the top at the expense of those at the bottom. Their motto is for the employees to have fun working there. Never saw anything that came close to a manager attempting to make the job any more enjoyable.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No or bad training, poor supervision, no future
Customer skills
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJuly 17, 2014
I am a people oriented person,willing to learn.Love to meet and greet new people, by checking them into their verious flight or providing them with their daily morning coffe.These task chellenge me to be good at multi tasking by answering the telephone while tending to customer at the same time.
Pros
Multi task
Cons
Great with people
great place to work
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJune 3, 2014
Excellent work environment. The company's policy was to hire people that would get along and work well together,even if their background and experience wasn't as well suited to the job as other candidates,and then train them for their position. I was very impressed by this aspect of the company,as well as with other resources and benefits made available to us. However, the pay was too low in many of the positions to make working and living there economically practical.
Pros
good working environment, free airline flights, space available, employee wellness program etc.
Cons
low wages
Productive,fun, and enjoyable
MRO Tech (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MADecember 18, 2013
It was fun and challenging job it was great to be there and learned a lot.
Great work environment, amazing people.
System Operations: Flight Follower (Part 135) (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MADecember 12, 2012
I started out knowing practically nothing but they taught me everything. I loved working for them and had no problem logging overtime, up to 60 hours a week. I felt like everyone in the company was an extended member of my family and I was one of theirs.
Pros
flight benefits, overtime available, health insurance for same sex couples, industry innovator.
Cons
poor management, low pay grade, not enough foresight into the near future.
Good company
Flight Follower/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJune 1, 2012
People are nice and work is typical. Seniority based schedule, had to bid for schedule.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
schedule
Great company to work for
Captain (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAApril 15, 2012
Cape Air is a great place for a pilot who is trying to build time, while making a decent living, with a great quality of life. It is also a good place to make a carrer out of if you like one of the bases and want a set schedule with decent pay. You can work your way up the seniority list rather quick.