Cape Air Employee Review

Very Poor Management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMarch 29, 2017
-having worked here for over a year, I learned quickly that the management was happy with status quo. there was no real advancement or real programs used to create a friendly work place. Cape air has very good attitude towards making sure the customers (passengers) get to there destination one way or another, but when it comes to taking care of the employees there is no real ownership by the management. The management is full of individuals who have been working at this company for several years but have no real management skills or background. New ideas from the front line employees like me are often shut down or ignored because it would create more work for the management to make something new happen.
-The fact that the company headquarters is located in the maintenance hanger just shows how much they are willing to pay their employees.
- I would say that if it wasn't for the friendly Co-workers, I would have quit long time ago.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
lack of ownership and accepting responsibility by the management

Other Cape Air Employee Reviews

The enviornment and management was professional
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrigada, GUMay 16, 2019
A typical day at work is never the same as any ordinary day. Everyday is a new experience, I meet people from all walks of life and I meet my regular customers. I've learned to be more culturally diverse and I've built my customer service through meeting and servicing each one of them.
The hardest part of my job is, when I'm unable to accomplish a great day of work without situations that are beyond my control, such as mechanical issues, or weather problems.
I enjoy every moment at work, from making my way into work, greeting my fellow management team, calling into our dispatch department, briefing with the flight crew, greeting my customers, and enjoying the view from 14000 feet in the air.
Pros
Flying benefits, Health benefits
Cons
Flying in one region
acceptable
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 29, 2018
fast paced environment poor pay scale difficult to keep staff excited about job good training program old planes young pilots lots of canceled flights unable to grow and meet customer demands

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Air. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight