Cape Cod Healthcare Pay & Benefits reviews

Great place to work!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cape Cod, MANovember 13, 2018
Cape cod hospital is a great place to work. It is a team / family environment by saying that I mean everyone has the same goal..... patient care. Cape cod health care puts patient care first. Everyone works together as a team and the employees do have say in their daily work. Employees are constantly informing management of issues that can be addressed, ways to improve the daily work. Employees step up on a daily basis to improve patient care. I work in the pharmacy department and I can say that it has been a life changing opportunity, I’m constantly learning on a daily basis, It is not monotonous. I compound IV’s in a sterile environment, refill Automated dispensing systems, participate in process improvements for my department, obtain med Rec’s for patients. Everyday is different and challenging.

Other than the great work environment the benefits are not comparable to any other company. Full time employees get 3 weeks paid vacation, paid holidays off, time and a half for holidays worked, differentials based on what shifts you work. Your day is literally only 8 hours... you actually get a bereak and lunch paid. You are paid overtime for anything over an 8 hour day and anything over a 40 hour week. The health insurance is outstanding along with dental and other coverage. The salary for a pharmacy tech is the highest in the state. This is a union hospital so you increase your pay step yearly and get cost of living.
Pros
Great work environment, excellent benefits
excellent place to work
Medical Social Worker, LCSW (Current Employee) –  Barnstable Town, MAOctober 30, 2018
Salary is competitive and benefits are awesome! They give everyone a mentor and the training is thorough and extensive. Your mentor follows you and is available for phone calls and questions anytime.
Pros
great benefits!
Cons
none!
Great organization to work for
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAAugust 7, 2018
I worked for Cape Cod Healthcare for 3+ years and it allowed me the flexibility to attend college and get my associates degree. In addition it helped solidify my desire to become a nurse and help others.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Per Diem Flexibility
Cons
Per-diem workers DO NOT get much benefits
Lab Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAAugust 1, 2018
As a former employee of Cape Cod Hospital I have the utmost respect for the people who work there. The supervisory staff have a hands on approach which support the emergency room team. E.R staff is exceptional at providing patients with the utmost care, and respect. Confidentiality is a priority to the team members. After working in the E.R for eight years, I had the ability to move into the clinical laboratory, there I met many professional workers who care deeply about the patients they are reporting results on. Their critical thinking guides them, and their knowledge to make requests to physicians to order further testing when needed proves their years of experience is essential in diagnosing their patients. They are always willing to jump in and help and are keenly aware of what bench needs help. I then took a position in the pathology lab, which was a combined position, this was very different work than the clinical laboratory, the expression "it takes a community to raise a child" is what comes to mind in this position, learning two different jobs at the same time was challenging, and yet, rewarding. The team in the department are very quick to assist, rely on one another opinions and direction, and support one another. The Supervisors and Director look to the support staff to make process improvements, and as a result of our input, positive improvements are made for better outcomes. Pathologists are most helpful in giving feedback of the work performed, and I liked them very much.
The hardest part of my job, are the changes the hospital is currently going through, with
  more... changes in healthcare, and reimbursement rates the hospital is actively changing the way they deliver healthcare in order to sustain itself. These changes trickle down into the jobs, and at the height of tourism on Cape cod staffing an acute care hospital seasonably is difficult, and often staffing is an issue. Workers are offered generous overtime pay.
The most enjoyable part of my day is getting feed back from patients that we have made their visit less stressful, and our team actions have positive outcomes.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, professional coworkers, supported
Cons
staffing in the summer
Small hosptial Large population of
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJuly 17, 2018
small hospital with great supervisors. the only problem is the pay is not equivalent to the amount of worked required from us.

would recommend applying
Pros
good supervisors
Cons
not enough pay
Great Benefits
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJuly 15, 2018
CCHC has the best benefit package I've seen in a long time! They have a low cost premium and if you were to stay in network your medical bills will be virtually non-existant
supervisors were easy to communicate with
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMay 15, 2018
I learned so much . Gained excellent knowledge about patient care and how mental health role and treatment is handle in the healthcare profession. Cape cod healthcare was the best job i had ever had. i started at $13 an hour and ended with $25 an hour after 14 years.
Pros
awesome benefit, cost of living pay sick days vacation
Cons
not enough time for breaks and paperwork
Great place to work with options for change within organization
RN-Clinical Educator Med-Surg/Wound Care (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work. It is busy but management overall is very supportive. There is a great mix of senior and novice nurses. Benefits are very competitive.
awful
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJanuary 31, 2018
it was awful. Poor manager sexually harassed and management does nothing about it. You do get free food while at work so that isn't bad. You are the butt of jokes. If manager doesn't like you you won't get any hours.
Pros
free lunch
Great work environment, and team work.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAOctober 9, 2017
There is an open door policy with the management staff and very user friendly continuing ed classes on intranet. I've been an employee since 2007 and have stayed because I felt that the staff was friendly and demonstrated a great deal of team work.
Pros
Benefits, vacation
Horrible and Poorly Managed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MASeptember 20, 2017
The structure at CCH was simply awful. The management is one-sided and disrespectful. You can't go to Human Resources for its one sided as well. If you want to be micromanaged and treated like and infant, go there. If you take your career seriously, do not go there.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Toxic work environment inside and out
Workers Vs. Management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MASeptember 13, 2017
A community hospital and one of the most poorly run ones, it's a terrible culture of fear and distrust. Arrogant managers, favoritism runs rampant. The benefits and salaries are not worth the dignity loss. The CEO endorses intimidation and bullying practices. I've witnessed a lot of unethical things going on inside the Hosptal.
Pros
Ocean views from one window
Cons
Currupt, demoralizing, micro-managers
Great staff, hospital and location
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MASeptember 9, 2017
Wonderful hospital
Compassionate Staff
Efficient work flow
High-pace work environment
Caring management who are involved in patient care
Wonderful benefits including paid time off, vacations, and CME money
great fun daily learning experience.
CNA/ Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MASeptember 5, 2017
Great place to work. Loved my managers and co workers. salary was very fair. great learning experience from the day I started. Even having to work nights I was able to balance my work life and home life very well. Best place to work on The Cape.
Incompetent Management, Low Morale,
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MASeptember 2, 2017
Management is trashy, lazy and rude. It was not a professional place to work. Solely a "numbers game" Lack of respect for your knowledge and credentials is terrible. Organizational constransparency, bad managers that are very uneducated, uncaring HR department.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Corrupt dishonest managers, hostile, toxic work environment
Toxic Place To Work!!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAAugust 22, 2017
Management does not care very much about there employees, very focused on revenue alone, policies and procedures not in place,micro managers, never held accountable, they don't care about you or the patients at all. It's all about the money!!!
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Poor management, very dysfunctional
Productive and fun work place
Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAAugust 3, 2017
Cape cod Healthcare is a great organization to work for. Great locations, great benefits, job advancements and an overall great location for a career.
Fast-paced, exciting, never dull
NP (Current Employee) –  psychMay 31, 2017
Busy all day, multiple tasks performed simultaneously. Great ER doctors, nurses and techs - great colleagues. Most likely the best pay compensation on Cape Cod. No advancement opportunity for NP. Otherwise, a great place to work.

Comment – March 22, 2018

As a past employee, working as Psych NP in Behavioral Health, I loved the Center for Behavioral Health (previously known as "the Cape Psych Center") ~ watching the behavioral health program grow and evolve over my 15+ years there. All Psych NPs/PAs were amazing, as was (is) the Management: Medical Director (also a Psychiatrist), Executive Director (Ph.D in Clinical Psychology and an RN) and Nurse Manager (Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit). All Psychiatrists there are great collaborators, and a wealth of knowledge and experience, who not only shared their wisdom and experience, but also valued NP input. If you are a new, or a 'seasoned' Psych NP looking for rewarding employment, I strongly urge you to consider joining the CCH Behavioral Health Team. Pay is great, too, btw!

Community and Employee Orientated
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMay 20, 2017
Community and Employee Orientated. CCHC is focused on being the best at what ever it does. It provides the best possible service to its clientele an provides constant feed back to make sure it is achieving its goal. Employee retention is paramount with many perks and benefits for its family of staff.
Pros
Health and wellfair benefits
Cons
Can be stressful when under staffed.
An alright place to work.
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAApril 26, 2017
Falmouth Hospital is a good place to work. Nothing to exciting the people there are extremely friendly and great to work with. Everyone works really well as a team to get things done. The benefits are competitive and the management is ok.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Cod Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.