Cape Fear Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Awesome
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 14, 2018
Cape Fear Valley Medical Center is a wonderful place to work. There are many departments where you can find your fit. Management varies wherever you go.
Great workplace
Enviormental Services (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 13, 2018
I worked here for 10 years into retirement. I've never had any problems with anyone. Third shift was great. I will miss everyone. The work is fast paced but the working environment makes it easy. Great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits and retirement
Cons
Management is a little shaky
Day in the Life
Patient Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 8, 2018
Cape Fear Valley is just not a place you'd advise anyone to work for unless they are of a higher education and you are politically correct, of which I am not.
Pros
teamwork helps the job get done
Cons
buddy buddy system and race related job advancement noticed
na (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 7, 2018
Challenging work but very supportive environment. Change hard for some long term staff but overall good people to work with. Good managers and support
management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 5, 2018
The hospital system has consistently removed and changed employee benefits over the years. Almost all the perks from when I started working there are gone. There is not incentive to stay long term.
Pros
close to home with daycare on site
Cons
they no longer care about the employees
Very diverse.
Lead Radiology Tech (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 26, 2018
CFV was very diverse in it's culture as well as in it's learning opportunities. They have several different work environments for the same field. Working in a large hospital gave me unmatched job skills. I am completely confident to work in any area of diagnostic radiology.
n/a
Care Transitions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 24, 2018
The pay sucks. There is room to grow and advance. Management can be good depending on persons. Overall, the job can be stressful, but manageable. The atmosphere is okay.
the most enjoyable is meeting people and taking care of patients
Certified Nurse Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 22, 2018
I have learned alot about the medical field from working at CFVMC for the last 20 years. I learn how to work productivly and use my time wisely.The hardest part of the job is working short at times.The most enjoyable part of my job at CFVMC is meeting new people from different ethic background.
Hard work and Fast paced
IST Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 21, 2018
I was an intern at Cape Fear Valley in the IST department and that experience was filled with a lot of learning. I could not do to much because you had to be well trained to do that type of job. I liked the culture and atmosphere because it was steady work and the people was very nice to work with.
Worst Employer I’ve Ever Had
Prefer not to answer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 20, 2018
The hospital overall does an extremely poor job of caring for its patients and employees. Majority of medical staff does the bare minimum while giving parents and coworkers an attitude. Advancement in your department is generall based on what you know not who you know , and complaints to your manager within your department becomes public knowledge to everyone. Compensation is comparatively LOW. Work load is overbearing. Physicians tend to give unnecessary treatment in effort to make more money or patients go without because they don’t think they are worth it or really sick. Different departments are on different operating systems so it’s difficult to communicate effectively. Raises are generally 2% per year, and absolutely no equality throughout the system. Strict policy on absences and is up to depArtment manager to excuse them reguarless of reason or doctors notes. Only granted 3 days for bereavement. Hired to do one job but expected to do things outside of your job description. EXTREMELY HIGH TURN OVER RATE.
Pros
Payroll deducted lunch, benefits, community discounts
Cons
Management, compensation, work load, scheduling
Rn
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 19, 2018
Great benefits. Great experience for new nurses, no matter where you start. The experiences and knowledge you’ll gain is invaluable. I learn something new everyday.
Cape Fear Valley was a great hospital for teaching
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28306July 16, 2018
It was always training and courses to better yourself. Opportunities were offered to better yourself and the work atmosphere was very nice. Scheduling was pretty easy a three days on days off. Many managers were pretty fair with requesting days off or scheduled vacations. It was not a problem to transfers to other units just as long as you were in good standing with the prior unit. There were pro and cons to their benefits. I felt the health insurance was pretty pricey.
Great place to work for medical career
Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28304July 15, 2018
great job with great teamwork and room for advancement, Great place to work for parents, family oriented, Great perks for just being an employee; uniform discounts, lunch discounts...etc.
Pros
Community discounts
Cons
Always need for new staff
An Ok company to work for
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 12, 2018
Not a bad place to work, higher ups management trickles down into employees. Co-workers are nice but sometimes are bothered. Learned awesome customer service while working here though.
New
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 9, 2018
I am a new hire, haven’t been working very long at all here but I can say they pay me more money than any other hospital would ever pay me without traveling. I get travel pay with full benefits, but I am staff, not a traveler
Pros
Pay
Cons
Outdated charting system
Always room to grow
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 9, 2018
The Valley does an outstanding job in helping their employees grow . They help with funds for continuing education, certifications, among many other opportunities.
Hardest part of the job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 7, 2018
Hardness part of the job is the management. Some management care more about travelers than full-time employees. Most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers, they are amazing!!
Pros
Co workers
not enough communication
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCJuly 4, 2018
Poor management and lack of leadership[ due to high volume of turnover between management and staff. Not enough staff to get PTO due to female employees always taking time off for FMLA due to pregnancy issues.
CFVMC is a medical center that believe in providing quality care for its patients.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 2, 2018
As a medical transcriptionist at CFVMC, it was one of a fast-paced and demanding nature. I worked in an acute setting with doctors of multiple specialities as well as dialect. Overall I enjoyed y job for over 27.5 years at CFVMC
Worked in ER very stressful
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 2, 2018
Working at Cape Fear was very "fun" I got close with all the nurses but management was not that great. Long days turns into longer days. Cape Fear isn't for a lot of people only with patients.