Cape Fear Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Most racist place I have ever worked.
Development Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 6, 2018
This place is the worst place I have ever worked. They are crooked and racist. They do not care about the employees, patients or the community. It is all a facade. The hardest part was watching people die in the emergency room and be in meetings where people strategized about ways to get out of being accountable and responsible. There are no pros.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely everything from the culture to pay to treatment is a con.
nice people
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 5, 2018
long hours and can become very stressful, a lot of favoritism between managers and supervisors. Patient Financial services has no career advancement, over worked and definitely under paid.
Pros
no pros, no free lunches
Cons
stressful
Stressful environment with little to no benefits.
Armed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 5, 2018
Cape Fear/ Allied Universal is a poorly run company that does not care about the safety and wellbeing of their employees. Horrible pay and decent health care is not affordable.
Productive and supportive
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 3, 2018
Cape Fear Valley Health System is a supportive, expansive health system. They offer many opportunities for education and advancement in a variety of career paths.
Pros
Large health system
Cons
LARGE health system
challenging
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raeford, NCOctober 1, 2018
very quiet work environment. . Requires an associate's degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Gaining or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Pros
we can use our badge to be billed for lunch
Cons
lunch is only 30 minutes
FIELDWORK LEVEL IIA (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 30, 2018
Good place to work with lots of positions available and helpful staff and management. Hardest part about the job was the staff and patient turn-around.
Great leaning and friendly working place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 24, 2018
This was a great hands on learning experience, the employees where very welcoming to me and help with any thing that I needed, I enjoyed the internship. I was able to gain knowledge and experience.
Pros
lunch was free
Cons
30 min. break twice a day
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 23, 2018
I really liked the job , hours , pay and my workers around the whole job !! I was just nervous with taking bodies to the morgue . Other then that everything and everyone worked together !!
Pros
Discounts
busy
Cash Audit Specialist, Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 19, 2018
busy most days which time went by fast
computer experience
hardest part stress
enjoyable part co workers
managment / seen a lot of people come and go over 25 years
I dont have anything nice to say
Intern (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 19, 2018
I gave CFV a 1 star because that is as low as I could rate it, I thank God for a job when others are without one, but CFV is the most distasteful and wreck less lack of management company I have ever worked for. I work in one of the hospitals "smaller branches in Bladen" the nurses have no bed side manners to the patients nor their colleagues. The management is a joke favoritism is an all time high its all what you can tell or the butts you can kiss and everything Is hush and swept under the rug. CFV needs to do a huge clean up on attitudes and watch who they hire because the certain employees and management of this hospital is giving Cape Fear Valley a toxic name.
Pros
its a check
Cons
too many to name.. JUST READ AND DONT APPLY
Great overall growth and development
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 16, 2018
I have truly grown as a person and employee since working at CFVH. My work ethic has tremendously increased and I have made many great memories and developed great friendships. I have been able to get my foot in the door working with many healthcare professionals in my desired field as I wish to become a Physical Therapist someday, they have given me many tools I can use to become successful.
Great place to be if you love patients
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 12, 2018
I worked in the Laboratory and it was a really nice place to work. I got along with my coworkers very well. The hospital as a whole has room for advancement when you expand your education but in the lab there wasn't much room for growth.
Pros
They will let you work the maximum amount of man hours
Cons
When a coworker calls out it will weigh heavily on everyone else.
Work enviroment
Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28304September 10, 2018
During my tenure at CFVMC I was provided opportunities to work with a great group of healthcare leaders and physicians. I was responsible for mukltipole radiology service lines, a diagnostic service center and multiple phtyscian practices.CFVMC provides an excellent opportunity for growth
Pros
Great work enviroment
Nursing Assistant
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 5, 2018
I love my job at Cape Fear Valley. It is the best of the best team. Communication is key in healthcare, Cape Fear Valley makes you feel right at home and everyone is on the same team.
Do more with less
Biomedical Engineer Technician II (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 30, 2018
The facility cuts full time employees to pay for expensive projects while the management staff gets large bonuses. The cut backs are starting to cut into patient care. The system has a "good old boy" feel, unexperienced people running systems inefficiently and refusing to take ideas that promote efficiency saving the facility money.
Pros
Its a Job
Cons
No upward movement
Dead end job
SERVICE TECH HVAC/R (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 15, 2018
No room for advancement not willing to pay the money

Your could not work holidays, forced to take off and use pto days that you earned .

No room for advancement, offered top out pay scale but no one new requirements to advance.
Productive and fast paced
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 15, 2018
I worked for CFVHS for 26 years and am ready to start a new career in a new field. Not for the fact that the work became complacent but due to lack of ability to promote to a higher placement.
Pros
Insurance and stability
Awesome
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 14, 2018
Cape Fear Valley Medical Center is a wonderful place to work. There are many departments where you can find your fit. Management varies wherever you go.
Great workplace
Enviormental Services (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 13, 2018
I worked here for 10 years into retirement. I've never had any problems with anyone. Third shift was great. I will miss everyone. The work is fast paced but the working environment makes it easy. Great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits and retirement
Cons
Management is a little shaky
Day in the Life
Patient Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 8, 2018
Cape Fear Valley is just not a place you'd advise anyone to work for unless they are of a higher education and you are politically correct, of which I am not.
Pros
teamwork helps the job get done
Cons
buddy buddy system and race related job advancement noticed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Fear Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about