Cape Fear Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Requires you have a second job to survive
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 23, 2018
Everything seems great in the beginning but after you settle in you find out that they are understaffed and you are extremely underpaid. I was there for over a year, when I asked about a raise my PCM laughed in my face! I am a hard worker and have fought with myself about writing this review...but I still have family and friends that work there and it seems to be getting worse. They truly do not care about their employees at all.
Pros
Caffeteria is open late night
Cons
Pay, short staffed, you are treated like you dont matter.
Overall Decent
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 22, 2018
As a pregnant employee, the further along I have gotten in my pregnancy, the harder I have found to get help from others when it comes to transferring and lifting patients. Like many healthcare jobs, you know who will and will not help you. Cape Fear Valley has offered several career and employment enrichment opportunities that unfortunately I could not take part of due to personal circumstances.
Cons
Short breaks, staff
Very Productive
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 19, 2018
A typical day was like being on a race track and never catching up. I have to say I learned quite a bit. That which I came in with not being confident, when I left Cape Fear gave me that assurance in that area.
Management was not too good. I didn't feel like I mattered, just come to work get the job done and leave. I saw some being treated better than others. It was stressful but I felt if everyone pulled together it could have been better. The hardest part of the job was just that. No team work. The best part of the job was taking care of my patients and seeing the smile on their faces when I personally walked in their room and if I were off they would tell me how much they missed me. I treated all my patients alike. They all were my favorite.
Pros
skill advancements great benefits, very good learning environment
Cons
no teamwork
different times
Nurse Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 3, 2018
Loyalty and longevity means nothing to this company. Worked here for years and enjoyed my job. The pay difference from the time I started to while I left was slim to none. Hardly ever get praised for going above and beyond but as soon and they feel you did something wrong you are reprimanded. Sometimes 6 months or more after the alleged situation.
Cons
pay, benefits
Productive and fun work place
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 27, 2018
Great learning hospital, plenty of opportunity for nursing students. Location of the hospital bring it down. The Staff parking lot is not secured at night and not uncommon to have your car broken into.
Pros
great place
Cons
need more security
Good experience
Unit Secretary/Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 20, 2018
I worked in several different parts of the hospital and the home care and hospice division. Loved the opportunityto always learn new things. Must be very patient and understanding.
RN STAFF NURSE ON CHEST PAIN CENTER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28304April 20, 2018
We got the patient ready to have heart catheter and heart surgery. It fast pace unit follow policy. We however got occasionally other disease procedure. We assisted MD with any procedure necessary for patient. We followed policy.
Pros
Teamwork and assist per acuity
Cons
more time
Stressful
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 12, 2018
You are expected to get all your work done without overtime, though there is more work than the employees can handle. Overtime will get you a write up. The pay is significantly less than it is at other facilities and businesses. We often work through our lunch and are not compensated. We have to use PTO for holidays that we are not able to work because the offices close.
Fun
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 12, 2018
I really didn't get trained like I thought I should have gotten trained. I think that issued arose because there just was not enough people to train one another.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
not enough people to train new employees
Turn a round high
Registered Nurse (RN) Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 12, 2018
The staff that are dependable leave to to poor scheduling and overworked. Pay needs to be competitive for all staff members. Bring in better adm staff.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Overworked with lesser pay
good place to work
Unit Secretary Emergency Room [ER] (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28306April 11, 2018
fact pace work place, everyone tries to work together as a team, very demanding stretches your skill level in a good way you learn a lot and give a lot of yourself for the well being of the patient which is rewarding. overall it is a good place to work if you are someone that likes challenges and can multitask and change your direction of thought and task in a quick moment this may be the place for you.
Pros
fulltime work 15 day a month /12hr shift
Cons
wages
cape fear medical center
Patient Transportation (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 5, 2018
hard and strudy work day

its a good place to work
one of the best place to work in Fayetteville

there was really no hard part of my job I enjoy working with the patients and there care..
as a nursing assistant
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCApril 4, 2018
I would like to be paid more for the hard work that I did as as but now I was to return as a CMA. I am look to bring my new knowledge to cape fear valley.
Stressful
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  NCMarch 29, 2018
Very stressful place to work. Great place to learn. Couldnt do the job without the great teams with which I worked. High acuity patients, often long waits in the lobby often meaning angry patients. The staff works hard to make sure every one feels important
Lpn
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 27, 2018
Good environment, fast paced place to test your multitasking skills. Definitely learned way more than in any other job. Parking is sometimes a challenge.
An amazing opportunity to gain experience learning about the medical side of speech language pathology
Graduate Student - Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 27, 2018
I worked at this unpaid, practicum position as a part of my curriculum at North Carolina Central University. (NCCU). It was a great experience through which I was able to and expand and refine my clinical skills as a speech language pathology graduate student.
see below
Coordination of Care (Department) (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 12, 2018
Low rates of advancement for social workers, primarily with a master's degree or clinical license. The management throughout the hospital is often unfair and does not provide many opportunities to grow, professionally.
overworked and not appreciated
surgical technologist (Former Employee) –  fayetteville,ncMarch 9, 2018
The worst thing about working at this hospital is management is absolutely horrible. Management is deemed unacceptable and are not educated enough for the positions held.
Full service hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 5, 2018
Always something new to learn, different units to work on Good staff ratios. Every day was new and different. Good place to grow a family .Always something new to learn. Many different units to work on
Pros
Always something new to learn
Cons
Contract
Unsafe Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28304March 2, 2018
Unsafe environment. Poor management. No lunch breaks, No help. Management doesn't listen to staff. Crooked. Management doesn't care. Breaks contracts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Fear Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Cape Fear Valley Health System Reviews by Location