Cape Fear Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Management is terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 16, 2019
Lab is a horrible place to work. Manager is horrible. Overworked and underpaid. Management don’t care about their employees at all. Management do not help when short staffed.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Short breaks, management and the manager clowns.
Holidays days office
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 16, 2019
They tell you that you get 4 holidays New Years, 4th July, Thanksgiving and Christmas. You dont get anything yah you my be off but you have to use your time to get paid for those days. They dont give you nothing no incentive to work there.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
In incentives to work there
challenging
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 11, 2019
As a new nurse with this facility, I certainly learned the, "sink or swim" motto rather quickly. I felt a bit overwhelmed as a new nurse with little resources. Although it was challenging I believe it afforded me the clinical knowledge to be a strong nurse.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no lunches
Nothing to add
Staff/Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 8, 2019
Nothing to add. I worked there for many years and gained a vast amount of experience. I am truly grateful for the opportunity given to my by this hospital.
hospital
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 6, 2019
Working in the hospital has its challenges as with any healthcare job. There are several areas to gain experience in healthcare outside of the physical labor aspect. Also many areas of advancement for a healthcare career.
Great Job But Not Enough People
CPhT (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 3, 2019
The work day really depended on if we were properly staffed. There were periods of time that we were very understaffed and it was extremely bad. The days would go by fast but we would work and get home to sleep, repeat. I loved my job in the pharmacy but there was a favorite group and if you weren't apart of it, you were targeted. The techs made it worth it when we worked as a team.
Ok place not the greatest
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 24, 2018
Not a great place to work, too many friends and clicks, friends with Directors and Supervisors. People who don’t seem to care about the care that they give to the patients gives the hospital a bad name. This place has had a bad name for a while. But there is caring people here.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
The working atmosphere is not good
Awful management everywhere and on every level
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 17, 2018
Management does not care about your safety or well being, not to mention the patient's either. There are truly great employees overshadowed by awful management. Favoritism is strong and treatment is unfair in many departments, discrimination is alive and well here. Management talks to you with constant disrespect and however they want, even in front of other employees. Employees are bullied by management and other coworkers that are in with the management. Not everyone in the same position makes the same wage, even if qualifications are the same. Overtime is frowned upon, but departments are incredibly short staffed. High turn over rate makes it difficult to ensure procedures are followed for proper patient care. The poor patient care is probably the most disturbing thing about working here. Overall, the job is worth getting your foot in the door and gaining some cash, but it will be a miserable experience.
Cons
No breaks, poor management, low wages, discrimination
Great work environment
Residency Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 16, 2018
it’s a great place to work management awesome awesome staff was awesome the best part about the internship was providing care for the patients in their time of need and regardless Of who they were or where they came from I enjoy being in a chaplain and providing spiritual care for the patients
great company to work for
Electronic Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 13, 2018
I loved the supervisors and the environment. They had the bet trainers and they were always patient with their employers. It was honestly the best job I have ever had.
Pros
great environment and great supervisors
Cons
ok pay
Four Stars
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 12, 2018
Great people to work with managers and supervisors was nice people also employment as well it was nice working there I just want a better opportunity reason for leaving.
Pros
half an hour for lunch
Cons
15 minute breaks
There’s better...
Resource Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 7, 2018
Most of your coworkers are amazing. A few are cut throat and bullies. Management is horrible. They aren’t looking for people to run the place and treat folks with respect. They are looking for people to run to their office and gossip. Security will let anyone in, send them to the wrong place, let them sneak by without a pass....
Pros
Most of your coworkers will be awesome
Cons
Security will let people get by without checking in, Some very backstabbing people also work here. Management is horrible.
Overall
Phlebotomist/Processor (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCNovember 26, 2018
Overall the work experience was very well the management staff of the department needs to be evaluated they do things that is not right and not fair to the employees who is the backbone of the lab.

I was not happy with how department management conducts themselves if they dont like you they do everything they can to have you remove from the department .

Cape Fear Valley get true unbiased people in to run the departments and they dont have favorites working there would be a breeze
Pros
exceptionable place to work
Cons
Management makes a difference with employees
Dead End Job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 15, 2018
Cape Fear is Notoriously Understaffed which causes employees to be extremely overworked. I've worked there 5 years and haven't had a raise in 4 years. I work in a hospital where I am constantly exposed to illness and disease yet Cape Fear does not offer employees designated sick days. Nor does it offer Paid Vacation, Personal Days, etc. Additionally, If an employee does not use all of the funds on their flexible spending account (employee paid / not matched by employer) before the new benefit year, Cape Fear keeps the money not spent.
Pros
I'm Employed
Cons
No Performance Based Raises
Great place if you are bedside nursing.
Clinical educator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 9, 2018
You a learn a lot about the patient population. Great place to learn.....get your experience and move on. It won't be hard to get another job elsewhere. The knowledge you gain from here is unparalleled to any place I worked before.
Pros
Child care onsite
Cons
No room 4 management if you have a degree in that
Its been awhile
ICU RN Cardiac and Cardiac Surgery (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 5, 2018
Required survey, I have not been employed here for over six years. Staffing ratios were the worst I have come across with a very high acuity. Managements answers to issue is indeed another form. Forms were kept piling up in closets and never used for improvement. Just more busywork to justify a managers position.
Cape Fear Ped ED nurse
Pediatric Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fayeteville , NCOctober 25, 2018
I hated this job. My coworkers were mostly unpleasant to work with. The Nurse manager was a complete spaz and the charge nurses were not much better. Volume is far to heavy for the facility to handle.
Poor cultural justice,hostility, envy, false accusation, ambush, gossip.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 24, 2018
I am blessed to be able to escape this oppressive environment which demeans and hurts a worker who has had full energy and enthusiasm to do the best to patient care; I am blessed to be able to escape the place in which the manager focuses on ambushing employee with her personal bias and prejudice, cruelty and rudeness. Discrimination and injustice is a subculture here.
Pros
a place to work
Cons
dirty environment
Great experience
Allied Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 18, 2018
This hospital is a great place to gain experience. It's a busy, fast paced place where you have the ability to develop your clinical skills. It allows you to use the full extent of your education.
It's an ok job
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients. Unfortunately, some patients don't have any visitors and when you come you make their day. They actually look forward to you coming in. You meet people from all over the world from all walks of life. You learn from them and vice versa. Workplace culture is every man for himself. You have to watch your back and stay on your toes. People will lie on you and it could cost you your job. Any issues should be reported to your supervisor so you can avoid trouble. Always cover your back. Go to work do your job and go home. The hardest part of the job is the lack of staff. Our department has a high turn over rate so the majority of the time you're doing jobs meant for two or more people. The only upside to this is the potential for overtime.
Pros
meal tickets, overtime, holiday pay, works with your schedule, guaranteed 40 hours
Cons
short breaks, bad mangement, low pay, horrible staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Fear Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about