Cape Fox Shared Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Alaskan Native Corporation run by tribal council representative
Technical Proposal Writer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 8, 2018
There were three corporations each run by its own president I worked for the Navair corporation which focused on federal IT and staffing services. The average employment of a writer was three to six months depending upon whether a contract was won or not. Even when the proposal was fully compliant but the pricing was deemed excessive, the writer was typically terminated by this president. Consequently, those of us in place pulled all-nighters frequently in order to meet required timeframes.

A lot of the culture was driven by the need for revenue as demanded by the tribal council which itself was split into factions working against each other. That as the most difficult part of the job as they bid on projects without the necessary background or experience.
Pros
No micromanagement, but very tight time frames.
Cons
Very political management
Great Place to Work
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 14, 2018
Pay is good and MY Supervisor is awesome. I work in the HR department and we all work as a team to get projects done. We have fun and work hard in order to achieve big goals.
People are great but job security is unstable.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VirginiaApril 7, 2014
It's a great place to work at because of the people but there's no advancement and job security is very unstable. The company is slowly downsizing.
Pros
Pleasant environment
Cons
Job security is unstable
Truly a Family
Proposal Manager/ Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 22, 2013
Cape Fox truly provides a family. They are a very supportive, positive, caring group of people.

When I left difficulty with capture and mismanagement was an issue, but that could be remedied easily. However, they provide the Government with an excellent suite of services and should hopefully continue to succeed as a business.
Pros
happy hours, friendliness, good benefits w/ education assistance
Cons
expected to work late on a regular basis, micromanagement from Sr VP