Capgemini Engineering
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Capgemini Engineering Employee Reviews

United States62 reviews

Easygoing place to work

Nice place to work.I have lots of freedom to ask for more flexible working hours, and can work on what I find is aligned with my knowledge. Good overall.

Management is the worst

Probably it is only my place of work but the management is the worst thing ever. They don’t appreciate and recognize the consultants efforts. Fun place to work in and have a good work ethics

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Management/ salaries/ no-recognition

Capgemini Engineering insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Very hectic only good for freshers

I have worked with capgemini for some time prior to this i was in Igate and post merger i have following observations :Capgemini does not provide any facilities to employees and are least botherd about us .Capgemini has no employee friendly policies.Capgemini has been pain to freshers at least making them working 9.5 hrs a day!.Re-locations are there without any particular reasons .Appraisals are very low

Decent company

Company has decent environment.. But it all depends on which project, you hv been assigned... Some projects are good but you must be lucky enough to part of it.. But good part is if even you are avg employee and mid range salary holder then you dont need to worry about job risk...

Pros

No Job risk, Good Environment

Cons

Management and less learning

As an employee you're just a number

All that matters to Altran is how much your hourly rate is when they bill you out to the clients. As soon as business slows down they look at your salary and cut the highest numbers first.

Pros

It paid the bills

Cons

They treat the employees like a number on a spreadsheet

Childish atmosphere

It felt like being in high school, with someone with a college degree, who came from corporate management I felt out of place but over exceeded my goals monthly

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

good place to challenge yourself

good team and support , always enough challenges and good culture buit-in from aricent , made many friends.. enjoyed my time working .. started with Aricent and later acquired by Altran

Boa

Empresa prestadora de serviço de TI, boa para trabalhar.

Directionless...A Ship without Good Leaders

I found that the people were pleasant enough. Management was all over the place in terms of supporting people. They don't embrace new ideas. There isn't any diversity - barely any females in management, a handful of token minorities.

Pros

Flexibility to work remote, salary

Cons

Poor Management, No Career Development, No Diversity

Nice people

The team in Hamburg is very friendly and fun to work with. hey are also very welcoming to new employees. The team leader is very relaxed and supportive.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Not a lot of flexibility in working remotely

Grew to big to fast and failed

Grew to big to fast and failed, poor management utilizing workers skills for more than one task and grew to fast for one project and did not secure more contracts lots of turn overs.

Organization with no plan or purpose

The entire organization showed a lack of planning and awareness of the future. The plan was always to do what had been done for the past several years even when the industries are changing. Work life balance was poor, expected to work unpaid overtime "just because".

Productive and Fun Workplace

• Over 15 years experience in ASIC and FPGA design, verification and application including embedded systems development on Xilinx / Altera FPGA boards. • Skills include: Development work of wireless (wifi) SOC. Design, simulation and implementation of FPGA using Xilinx and Altera tools, Verilog, VHDL, ModelSim, Place and Route using Xilinx ISE, Used Xilinx Vivado and Altera Quartus. • Hands-on experience with PCIe, AMBA AHB/APB Bus, AMBA Peripherals. Graphics processor, DDR2, Interrupt Controller, DMAC, UART, Timers, watchdog timer, GPIO, audio module, Internet Processor, Audio/Video serial bus interface, NC Verilog. Worked on Digital Signal Processing related development on FPGA and MATLAB. Perl scripting, git, make etc. • Embedded Systems Certificate, UCSC Ext. Course work includes design with Xilinx FPGA on Digilent board, Vivado Webpack. SystemVerilog based design, VCS simulation.

Altran no longer exists as a company in the USA

Altran was purchased by a holding company called Imperia. Most of the Altran people left the company and did not join Imperia. Therefore this section is really not applicable.

The people that work at Altran are kind, bright and intelligent

Distant memory... I have not worked at Altran Solutions in 7 years. When I did Altran was in a weird place, CEO was inexperienced. The staff were great. I hope they have changed offices it smelled and the electrical was problematic

Dis-organized and Management is lost

Company is currently going through multiple acquisitions and, currently, there is no definitive plan that has been communicated to staff about direction. Communication is very poor and employee morale is very low. Training and advancement are almost non-existent.

Pros

Benefits and fairly good pay

Cons

Communication and Management

If you work there always be looking for your next job.

This company does third party engineering. Their relationship with their client is not always well managed. The project I was put on was 4 months into a six month project and they still hadn't resolved what compiler they were using. They hand out a lot of day to day perks - fresh fruit, Panera breads, pastries on Friday, etc. Contractors are invited to all company functions and they know how to throw a party. They are totally driven by accountants so if the work slows down they will cut you in a millisecond. They gave me 2 weeks notice but wanted me to work 50+ hour weeks until my last day.

Pros

Free food, work from home, they party like rock stars. Interesting work.

Cons

No job security. Managment often confused.

Getting Back on Track

After a bumpy integration of Foliage and Altran North America, the Foliage culture is re-emerging and with it a return to the quality services and work environment .

The People

To Be honest it will be the people who keep you at this job . The culture and system they have built here makes it easy for everyone to have a life out side of work and still be able to pay there bills,

Great place to work and move on

The firm can be a good opportunity to start a career and then move on to some other companies. Turn over is very high. The firm can give opportunities to team management.

good company for contracts and full time when they have projects expect yourself to be very busy and when no project they try to make you busy with other minor projects and RFQ

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capgemini Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Capgemini Engineering with

• Capgemini Engineering
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?