Capgemini Employee Reviews

Found 754 reviews matching the search See all 5,811 reviews
Good place with good people but hard on you about pay.
MULTI SERVICE PA/ QUALITY VALIDATION (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Good enviroment of people but not enough chances to advance and poor pay. full time work and with good benefits. it is bussiness casual. every engagement is different.
Counter productive location
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 13, 2018
The was a great location to work at. the management was easy to work with as will as to work for. They believed in working as a team in order to success. There were no hard parts in the job. I enjoyed work for the customers as will as the company. This location no longer exist. The company was closed down.
Pros
Easy going work place and coworkers
Cons
The Company closing down.
Run
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I have worked here for a year. The management has no clue what they're doing and often times think they're better than you. They lie to your face about extreme things such as medical leave so that when you come back, you will not be compensated as promised, to even minor things such as paid time off. The training covers everything except your actual job, and because you have no clue what you're doing you often times make mistakes and they treat you as a child. Favourites are always picked instead of hard working employees, and they always promise increase in pay, but they never do. I have taken two extreme responsibilities on top of my regular position and have not seen a dime of compensation though they have told me it's coming. If you come in as a contracted and get hired directly, they drop down your pay. They switch your schedule around without notifying you and ask you to come in on a day off. They lie about overtime, so you think you're doing over time but you're not, it's standard pay. And to top it all off, they had fired an entire project in Sarasota just so that they could hire 80 more people in El Paso Texas. They do not care about you or your life. They literally said "if you're not here we don't get paid, so be here everyday" the clock in time is 9am and I clocked in at 8:58am and was berated in front of the entire floor for clocking in two minutes early.

Management is fu of hypocrisy. I was told not to wear a specific pair of pants to work when they were wearing the same exact pair. The same exact khakis!

They take PTO time by force if you miss a day, there
  more... is no choice in going unpaid. If you are late from lunch by 3 minutes, they take it off your PTO. Management is a joke, i had been targeted by one of them because I was doing a good job and they were threatened by me. No one was ever happy. Now I am job searching because they had given me 1 week notice without the possibility to transfer to another project within the building. It's a joke. They use you as maggots in the front line and they sincerely do not care about you as an employee. Even their "cheapest healthcare package" is $96 per PAYCHECK.

And even while giving me this one week notice of termination, which they conveniently waited until it was my day off to tell me, they refuse to be any sort of reference. They will not stand by my side to prove I had worked there.

The office setting is a joke too. Sure the walls are nice but you are crammed in a room with loud people who get jealous very easy because you actually work hard. Everyone turns on each other. I could hear the further corner of the room with how many people they stuffed to a table. It wasn't even a cubicle. If you have medical conditions which require a bit of extra care, such as asthma, they get annoyed and challenge you claiming "Oh yeah? I have asthma too, if it didn't bother me then it shouldn't bother you" yet you know that this person smokes a pack of cigarettes a day.

To add insult to injury, they will not allow you to park in their parking lot. They had forced me to park in another plaza entirely by force of "towing" as the closer parking spaces were for seniority only.

If you are desperate enough and are willing to be abused in an unfair work environment that spits in your face when you are in need and under pays you for the amount of work you do, congrats you found the perfect job. If not, run far away.
Pros
Decent exterior off setting
Cons
They committed every sin imaginable and wag their finger in your face to blame it on you
Worst Place I've ever worked
Senior Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 6, 2018
The title pretty much says it all. The place is the worst. They suck at what they do. There is no corporate culture aside from everyone for themselves. They promote people based on their ability to kiss up.
A good place to work in with fun atmosphere.
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee,USASeptember 5, 2018
A good place to work in, with enough peers ad seniors to help you improve your knowledge.
Your immediate team and manager decides how well your hard word is rewarded within the company.
Pros
Multinational Company.
Cons
Less Transparency with in teams.
It is a good organization
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 3, 2018
I have worked for 20 months in Capgemini. It is a good organization where you can work and learn at same time. I have a good experience working in Capgemini.
Productive and fun work
Software Test & Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2018
Work with DevQA for Capgemini information technology in U.S. and Brazil team, perform smoke, unit, functional and regression tests and automation for all the software development levels, using methodologies based on ISTQB and agile methodologies, implementing tools and scripts for software testing and user experience in order to ensure the quality of all applications.
Unreasonable expectations/Poor Communication
AP/AR Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 1, 2018
Not one person hired on my team had a full understanding of what the position entailed when we started. The management has unreal expectations. After being there two days, they expect you to do work you know nothing about with no training and a computer that isn't functioning or have the software you need installed on it. They are not completely honest in the hiring process. The communication, training and organization was the worst I've ever seen anywhere I've ever been employed. It is not a friendly place. Stress and anxiety are the predominant emotions that prevail. After being there a week, I still have no understanding of what my benefits are or vacation time.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
See above
Good Organization ... can become great
Happy Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2018
I liked working in Capgemini India and US.
There were a lot of opportunities available wherein I was able to use my skills and also represent the company.
Lots of opportunities to travel if you have strong skills in your area.

Continuous restructuring causes confusion sometimes....
Pros
Stability
Cons
Poor Decision making at management level
Great clients poor work culture
Service Desk Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 30, 2018
The client base is great there a good opportunities but the compensation is not great. Benefits are very good, work life balance is very hard to maintain with this company and how the staffing is done.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance, compensation
Productive and good place to work
Architect, design (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRAugust 24, 2018
This is awesome place to work and get good benefits and perks.Work culture is also good.
Management is not that much attentive so we might feel disappointment some time.
Competitive Workplace
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Capgemini is a good place to work if you are interested in IT and are competitive. I joined as a campus hire, and did not necessarily know what I was getting into when I got into it. Overall, it's a good place to work if you are competitive, enjoy traveling for work, flexiable, and interested in IT work.
Good
Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2018
good working culture, need to improve placements with transparency. senior management should provide more opportunities to excel in tandem with latest technologies.
decent company
Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2018
Good company with great pay and benefits. But lacks the proper processes to make it really effective and efficient in delivery of services to the client.
Allowed me excel in my learning of new technology
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2018
All leads were cold leads so I was doing a lot of cold calls and using social media to get to the decision makers within organizations that were $500,000,000 or larger per year.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Company organization
Monotonous
Data-base Administrator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 8, 2018
Monotonous, everyone working there looked like zombies. Very few would even talked to you. Although the supervisors there were very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job is that you only had half an hour for lunch, which would not give you enough time to walk around and digest your food. The job requires you to sit for long hours at a time and to just have half an hour for lunch is very unhealthy.
No opportunity for advancement. Big employee turnover. This applies to all call centers.
Great job for gaining experiences across many industries
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
Gained experience across many industries. This job gave me the opportunity to work independently as well as in collaboratively with a team. Great workplace culture.
Great for freshers but not good for mid-seniority professionals
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 2, 2018
A typical day includes about 10-12 hours of work. The pay and vacation days are on par with other companies. The appraisal system is severely flawed and often times the appraiser assigned is someone with a higher grade who is located in a totally different city and has no clue on what you have been working on the entire year. Ratings are pre decided and you have no way of challenging it.
Pros
Freshers learn a lot initially
Cons
Politics
Interesting place to work
Pursuit Manager / Senior Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 2, 2018
Cap is an interesting place to work. The culture is very competitive and can be quite petty at times. It's very project dependent. If you are assigned to a profitable project and meeting schedule, life is good. If not, then it can get nasty.
Pros
Many opportunities
Cons
Culture is back-stabby
You're always last
Netbackup Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 1, 2018
When I started at the client. I was told, that since, I am the only one performing my duties. There will be days that I work late or on the weekends, but I can accumulate that comp time. When I started taking the comp time. They complained that I am not in the office.
My account manager, instead of explaining that I am entitled to the time off, asked if I actually do a days work in the office. That maybe I didn't need to work off-hours and accumulate hours. Felt like victim blaming. Especially, since some work cannot be performed during work hours. So, if I work 5 hours in the office and 4 hours at home. That just brings up the same issue. I am also on 24/7 on call.
I've also seen 2 people who were told they were terminated late at night, when they were home.
One person was a rocket star. Almost everyone loved him. But 2 out 1000 people didn't like his attitude and that was enough for CapGemini to terminate him to make the client happy.
Pros
Good stepping stone if you want to get exposed to more careers.
Cons
Don't expect any loyalty or having them back you up. Customer's always first

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capgemini. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
42.4K
31.5K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight