Capgemini Employee Reviews

Found 890 reviews matching the search See all 6,425 reviews
Worst working experience of my life
Portfolio Manager, IT Architecture (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2019
It's an abusive culture with regards work - life balance, particularly for offshore resources, as they throw offshore bodies at a problem vs addressing the real root of project issues -- architecture (none), design (none), and poor development management.

Promised comp time never happened because I was terminated from program as we got towards project end. I worked for 2 different business units during my tenure and neither had a clue as to the purpose of system architecture and rigorous design. After bleeding me dry,70+ hours a week for months (in part, because I felt a responsibility towards the customer to deliver quality), I was terminated after being on the "bench" for 2 weeks because "there were no architecture jobs in the pipline - for *this* business unit, but meanwhile, twice, I was in serious conversations (interviews with multiple senior practice managers) when Capgemini terminated me, health benefits terminated as of that day -- and kindly note that I got glowing recommendations from management, peers, and client for next prospective assignment.

I *despise* this company.
Pros
I worked with some wonderful talented people and we had great clients.
Cons
See diatribe above.
No direction
Associate Consultant / Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2019
The recruiter lied to me during hiring. I was not willing to relocate or travel and the recruiter told me there wouldn't be any traveling because there are plenty of jobs in NY.
Training was fun but learned practically nothing during on-boarding.
Work life balance is terrible.
Pros
Free drinks at the office
Cons
Terrible work life balance
Depends on the Practice and project you are in
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2019
It varies with a project. If you are in a great practice and project, you will be very well guided through. Learning is great, added lot of value. Culture depends on your project. In many cases, you are by yourself as a consultant.
Pros
Work life balance, Visa
Cons
compensation
Good and Bad!
Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 14, 2019
I had a good position and enjoyed the job with a lot of freedom to enact change and make improvements. Pay in general was below standard and the culture was one of produce or you are gone.
Cons
Job Security
Work Day
Government Solutions Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2019
Monitor logs and security events across network.  Monitor, investigate, and report on access violations.
Provide log analysis to provide views of misuse, fraudulent or malicious activities.
Provide updates on incidents, alerts and reports to the appropriate Security Incident Response & Management team
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
Fun working Place
Exacttarget Specialist (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 12, 2019
Good work environment.
Nice team to work with.
Nice work culture.
Management maintaining and balancing the work culture & employee's work with no stressful environment.
Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Senior Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 12, 2019
Required training and culture is to remove experienced people in favor of new to reduce margin. Will tell and sell anything without the ability or knowledge to deliver.
Pros
Healthcare work/life balance
Cons
Offshore parasitic management, inbred culture
Capgemini is one of the best Consulting companies in the industry
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2019
In 1982 I was part of a team that opened the Dallas office.

I was a leader in the sales team exceeding quota for ten straight years growing the Dallas staff to over 150 consultants.
Pros
Great management, compensation and career growth
Cons
Differentiation can be difficult in consulting
Productive and a place to grow while having fun
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  INMarch 8, 2019
A typical day started with a meeting where the work and schedule for entire day was discussed along with progress done during EST hours by onsite coordinator. Rest of the day was spent carrying out the assigned tasks, having lunch, coffee breaks and attending additional meetings, if any. The day was concluded by sending Daily Status Report to team and management showcasing progress during IST hours.
Being an employee at Capgemini proved to be very fruitful in terms of learning new tools and software while working on projects in distinct domains demanding exceptional skills.
Pros
Good management, Festival celebrations, Number of Paid leaves provided
Cons
Unpaid overtime
Management needs improvement
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2019
A typical day at work along with management needs some improvement. Workculture depends on the location as few doesnt have much plesant work culture while few locations do have it.
Life at Cap is what you make out to be
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2019
Multinational experience with diverse work culture and opportunities for various projects and prestigious clients.Work depends on the leads you get and once it it's not easy to transition and rotate. There is internal rivalry and fight to secure team members. One has to "play the game" just to keep up and advance.
Pros
Team spirit, collaboration, growth mind set
Cons
career advancement, work place politics
Good work place
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  CapgeminiFebruary 28, 2019
Good work place, good atmosphere very friendly and secured, timely salary, extra fun activities on week ending day, cabs on time pick and drop safely employees.
I work at client location
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2019
I work at client location and hardly goes to Capgemini office So these questions does not matter. Capgemini salary is very bad. VISA denial is very very high and apparently the client engagement team does not care about Capgemini employees
Good place to work.
UNIX Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2019
I traveled all over the country for Cap Gemini. They were very supportive and a great collaborative partner. Often if there was a technical issue at the work site Cap Gemini would provide their best experts to assist in finding a solution.
Hard Work Fun Crowd
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  EverywhereFebruary 23, 2019
Mostly work for the single, young, and well traveled crowd. The work is exhausting. Make time for yourself, or the job will kill you! Expect to travel 75% of the time.
Pros
fun group of people
Cons
Lots of late nights and weekends working to meet deadlines
Fun to work
Programmer/Developer Lead (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 21, 2019
Loved my job at Capgemini - was always provided with new challenges, new roles, and the management was always very supportive of employees. Management cared about employees health and work/life balance. Great vacation and benefits. Allowed flexibility with schedule (work from home).
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 21, 2019
Good place to work. Lot of new things to learn. Working here enhances your skills. Good work environment. Nice and good place to work here. Positive about it
"Great Place to Work"
IT Business System Analyst- Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2019
Great work-life balance, flex schedule, good pay. Do a better job of considering whom you'll promote. If all you are worried about is budget cuts, you will have to accept the consequences and don't pin it all on the ACCs and use them as scapegoats. They are doing their best under the circumstances. Deputies should not be afraid to speak up to support their teams.
fun place
Bilingual Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSFebruary 16, 2019
answer multiple calls and help out with bills. Help people understand their bill and add anything they needed in order for the cell service to be better
alright
Quality Control Specialist (temporary position) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 15, 2019
its an alright place to work at. Most of the positions are only temporary positions. Management is nice, work culture is nice too. Never had an issue with a supervisor or anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capgemini. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
42.7K
31.6K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight