Capgemini

Capgemini Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Very talented and culturally diverse group of employees
I met people from all parts of the world with a very diverse background of prior work experience. This resulted in a very enjoyable work environment.
productive and Employee Friendly
Workplace culture and i learnt various technologies and culture of work in different projects. Flexible and address to concerns on priority and Center of excellence team is very approachable and advisable
Mediocre company to work for
I was placed in a support position with a customer and managed to win an award from the customer for good work.
However, Capgemini managed to lose the account and over 250 jobs were lost.
sweat shop mentality. Underpay programmers. Cut throat management.
Don't like company culture. Terrible collaboration between technology and account management personnel. Terrible marketing aids and RFI/RFP responses.
Pros
pay
Cons
culture
Capgemini
It was a great place to work. There was a fast-paced supportive environment in my role. This can be a great place for a seasoned professional or a new graduate.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Unproductive
Day at work is nothing great, scope of learning is less.
Management is not that great not body takes the responsibility. Hardest part of job is reaching out to people No open door policy.
Pros
good Benefits, Pay
Cons
Management is not responsible
Very good work culture because of the client
Overall its a good exp because of the client im working with. Capgemini US immigration team is not the best team to work with. Particularly since I needed visa sponsorship I had to deal with them frequently
Pros
Client is good
Cons
management is not that great
Consulting Culture
Consulting is a tough job for junior employees. Long hours, travel and uncertainty are keenly felt. Offshore is the company's main asset from my experience.
Good Place
Good place. good benefits. Learning center to educate yourself with new technologies. Certification reimbursements are provided if relevant. good work environment
All work
Disorganized, did not place me anywhere near the position I was hired for. Doesn't pay enough to travel constantly and be away from your family. Does not care for families. They refuse to discuss anything unless it's going to line their pockets.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Too big for its own good
I was not given the salary I was promised and after 2 years, am sitting still with no career path or promotion opportunities despite amazing strides made within the company.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding
Cons
Very departmentalized but that hinders the ability to get work done
Good learning experiance and fun at work
Company was given good opportunities to grow next levels and also its good place for learn new technologies and work with different clients
Pros
Team lunches
Cons
Good health care policies for Employees
it is friendly and good to survive at capgemini. I have learned lot in terms of solution and managing team as technical person.
Thanks
Work place is good but don't have job security
Work place is good but no job security - you will be always under pressure about the project because of uncertainty whether the project is going continue or not .

Benefits are great , process are good but having issues finding long term projects
Good Environment
This is good company to work with,
Number of Clients

Good Benefits

Work life balance
Workoholic
Not much fun place and extra activity. Most of thing depend on client. Policies and compensation are good. We may have to work on weekend without compo depend on project requirement. Job security is not good you will not have more then a moth beach period and you will get fired if you are not in project for more then a month.
Pros
compensation, Good Health Insurance and vacation
Cons
Work Culture, Job security is not good
Nice place to work at
Had a chance to work with one of the highly talented and professional group of people in my life. The company takes care of its employees and every employee is given a chance to be heard.
good company but got wrong project
company is good and they pay good salary also but I got a client/project which is very unmanaged and doing lot of manual things, sometime code/design make me feel like I am working on 10 years old project.
 Over 7 years of experience in leadership and techno-functional roles in IT & Service Industry.
 Requirements analysis, development & enhancement of Business Intelligence Reports.

 Exposure to various reports on Trade Life Cycle for Equity/DMA/Non-DMA/DSA trade processing and back office Reconciliations.

 Database planning/designing, development of various user interfaces, back end programming using PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, HTML pages and Java scripting.
Entry-Level Boot Camp
As of the time of this review, I am currently employed with CapGemini. Overall, as an entry-level position, I have little to complain about. The hours are grueling and the attrition rate is high, but the job is anything but dull, and the learning acquired has been phenomenial for the time involved.

Because CapGemini is a consulting company, the experiences with them can vary wildly depending on the client and the position applied for. In this case, I have been employed as a software developer, primarily coding core java. While balancing requests and demands from different managers and client representatives, my daily work consists of phone calls, handling updated requirement documents, helping handle bugs and production issues, coding, regression testing, guiding new code iterations from the development to UAT to staging phases, release management, and remaining on call into the night.

The worst part about the job is the fact that the development team is understaffed and overworked, and generally gets pre-empted from its own tasks. Deadlines are very relative, as tasks pile up faster than they can be handled, and CapGemini's nature as a company means it has to be *very* careful in negotiating with its clients unless it risks deadlock in a new hiring process, or otherwise jeopardizes its engagement.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to code, and the skillsets learned to work on it. I learned a lot about practical application of Java RMI, cluster communication APIs, protocol stacks, front-end development with Adobe Flex, differences between PL/SQL and Transact SQL,
 - more...
Pros
incredible on-the-job-learning.
Cons
overworked and understaffed.
Productive Workplace
My normal days at work starts with attending the morning meetings with the managers at Ally Bank or Third party vendors who are involved with the DR drill projects - After which I usually modify and update the project plans related to these DR excecise - AS a DR project Manager that every minute details are being covered thus I usually conduct follow up calls to ensure that all the aspects of the upcomimg drills are covered - The learning aspects of this assignment are vendor negotiations and management - Since all the 3rd Party applications in the Ally Consumer Portal site are outsourced - thus I have deal and work with the various vendor groups that render services to Ally - This includes interacting with the Release, Transition , Event and finally the Account Manager of the 3rd Party vendor - Along with this I have to interact with the Ally Business Team - to ensure that all the needed functionalities are catered for the ultimate approval of the projects. Since as a DR consultant I work independently thus I report CapGemini mangement about the progress of each project there is not much involvement from their in my daily operations. My co-workers are okay and we have a very formal relationship - The hardest part of the job is to get all the needed information for a cohesive output but I enjoy the challenge because I enjoy dealing with various groups and sometimes bring them all in one table to iron out the differences - Especially when pending releases or deployments pose hindrance for scheduling a DR drill
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
not to my knowledge
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capgemini. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Capgemini.