Capgemini

Capgemini Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

I did not work at Capgemini
This was Vantage Drilling that I worked for. I cannot give a review on a company that I did not work for. So this review is out of character for my resume
Ideal place to work for experience and Knowledge
As a Site Coordinator, I'm really happy to have had the opportunity
to work and learn with people of Capgemini. I learned a lot and the staff was patient when training and learning.
Pros
Friendly smiles
all in a days work
Most of my co-workers I've worked with in the past. Great benefits along with a great work/life balance. A typical day consists of monitoring threats in an enterprise environment and working with a very professional team.
Pros
work life
Cons
training structure
Worst managed Company i have ever worked for!
My day was a very stressful day! I wore all kind of hats and was pulled in every direction!
I learned how to work in a diversified environment! with different cultural backgrounds.

Management was the worst! There was no management for the Administrative group in our office so everyone pretty much did what they wanted.

The workplace culture was not a good experience! It was a hostile work environment.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the other EA.

The team building events were very nice.
Pros
Lunches
job
took awhile to get on had to wait for the background check but finally got the called and been working ever since love working with ppl are very nice
Pros
slow process on getting work
Cons
laid back
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Going to be India Pure-Play soon
Too much pure technical offshore work. Focusing on getting least experienced people for best margins. Expect methodologies to make up in deficiencies of people.
The Best!!!
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Best Compensation/Benefits

Best Management

Very Good Job Culture

Employee First attitude

Lots of FUN time
Employee retention
Capgemini does not have a serious employee retention program. The atmosphere is one of fear of getting laid off. It does not evaluate for alternative positions and this is resulted in fear.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Capgemini?
Lots of broken promises. Not truly consulting
Seems more like a contracting firm than a consulting company even though they keep saying otherwise. Doesn't feel like you work for the company but are a contractor for the client.

Promotion requirements keep changing. Barely any pay increase even on promotion, maybe 1-3k every promotion, which is every 3 years now.

They boast about their bonus program but is subjective based on the head of the unit.

But there is a lot of opportunity for growth and learning
Pros
Free training, 401k
Cons
Doesn't feel like a consulting firm
Average environment to work.
Do not see very good management and policies. As per the requirements decision are taken instead well planned in advance.

Average work culture - Management do not have that much activities which keeps employee motivated and keep them engage what they like.

Hardest part- It is very difficult to get release from one project. Sometimes only options left with an employee as to see another job opportunity.

Enjoyable activities- Specially on Friday some events are organized where different people meet each other and share there work experience others. This event has some indoor planned games which is cool.
Ok company to work for
work life balance can be improved. opportunity to develop skills should be improved. benefits are good. leadership at client can be improved. overall room for improvement.
Great company to work for
One of my best supervisors and experiences with any company. A class organization with leaders who were committed to developing their teams and sharing successes, financially and otherwise.
review
Started in recruiting and was able to move into a staffing/resource management role, allowing me to get exposure to other areas of consulting. Allowed for remote work, which was helpful in in managing work/life balance with small children.
Learning
Capgemini is a great IT consulting firm to start a successful career. There are a lot of learning opportunities and with a great group people who are willing to coach.
Hands off management style
Capgemini is a good place to work at but ultimately lacked the desire to place personnel in position when their roles became redundant on account of cost cutting or duplication.

Need to keep employees in confidence on future plans to avoid personal calamity.
Good training but poor advancement opportunities
Capgemini is a place I'd recommend to start a career - you'll receive valuable training and experience to set you up for success down the road. With that said, it has been my feeling that Capgemini may be too big for some - the yearly ranking/promotion cycles are bogged down by a process that doesn't adequately reward high performers.
Pros
Healthcare, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Below average compensation, Advancement Opportunityies
Professional Interview Process
Structured interview process was handled in a professional manner. Emphasis was on obtaining positive bottom line results for the customers. Challenging work.
Pros
Freedom to work in a consulting environment
Cons
French Based Company
If you want to be challenged, this is where you want to work at
Working at Capgemini is more like being part of an all star team. Everyone for the most part is a top line performer and not being able to contribute to the team will surely be noticed. Overall if you want to learn and be challenged, this is by far the place you want to have on your resume.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
Life Work balance is not a top priority
Diverse Culture and good work opportunities
Procurement/Logistics emphasis with a vision and global perspective with effectiveness in delivering bottom line results. Work experience included project and program management, facilitation/leadership of teams and implementation of sourcing initiatives at major energy companies and utilities.
Pros
Challenging, Good locations for travel
Cons
Long work hours on the road and a lot of travel
Capgemini
A great working environment to learn and expand ones skills. Team work and leveraging of various learning experiences expands ones skills at different clients.
Pros
A great deal to learn
Cons
No real job security
Poor Managerment culture
Poor Management culture lack of communication and lack of identity, The HR department lacks of communication not well prepared, while doing M&A they don't integrate
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capgemini. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9K
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight