Capgemini

Capgemini Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Challenging environment, always learning
Capgemini is a challenging environment for recruitment. There are some systems in place they are modifying for onboarding, advertising and communication with Hiring Managers. Its a large organization and anyone that doesn't take initiative in Talent Acquisition department with minimal direction will not last. They do discuss diversity and inclusion, track number of female hires in technology and try to fix the gaps. Overall its a great organization to learn from if you ask the right questions and have the right overseeing manager.
good experience
Great to learn. I would prefer full time work. Group helpful.
Solving problems was challenging and interesting.

Hardest part of the job was a new environment and learning the systems.

Workplace culture was helpful

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and progressing
Need more management, direction
Enough said in the ratings. Not a friendly atmosphere. Direct management sorely lacking.Really do not know what else to say. Was not a very pleasant working environment.
Could be a great place
but it is not..Too much organizational dysfunction, corporate bureaucracy, sluggish to react to market, not being able to attract top-notch talent, below market $$$
Capgemini is going through a transition and that has made a significant impact on the companies ability to retain the best talent
Capgemini has made a lot of changes in management and has yet to turn the corner on what it wants to be in North America. It has a lot of talented people.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Not for people with a family
Requires 80 to 90 percent travel, provides corporate Amex, good benefits but their priority is more for their benefit rather than offering work/life balance.
Amazing company
Progressive and fun place to work. I love the culture and freedom to work from home. The office is in manhattan off 5 th ave which is a wonderful location. Office is Nice.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
In nyc
Good place to work with
Top class health insurance, work environment is good. But wont keep up with the promise. Make sure to get any conditions agreed upon during interview ends up in offer letter.
Interesting an d helpful experience where I was utilized and maximize my skills for the basest of the company growth as well as mine. Worked a crossed the world.
Pros
Provided a lot of learning programs
Cons
Company focusing more on offshore then onshore
open office in NYC with limited desk and space
- need to be early in order to have a desk.
- conference room is a scarce resource

- if the project in the current location ends, ready to be relocated or quit

- office politics / organization politics can be..uhmm.. unhealthy
It
Capgemini is a very good organization, I got opportunity as a fresher though campus selection and i learned programming and developed reports for the clients depending on the requirement.
Thank you.
Worst working experience of my life
It's an abusive culture with regards work - life balance, particularly for offshore resources, as they throw offshore bodies at a problem vs addressing the real root of project issues -- architecture (none), design (none), and poor development management.

Promised comp time never happened because I was terminated from program as we got towards project end. I worked for 2 different business units during my tenure and neither had a clue as to the purpose of system architecture and rigorous design. After bleeding me dry,70+ hours a week for months (in part, because I felt a responsibility towards the customer to deliver quality), I was terminated after being on the "bench" for 2 weeks because "there were no architecture jobs in the pipline - for *this* business unit, but meanwhile, twice, I was in serious conversations (interviews with multiple senior practice managers) when Capgemini terminated me, health benefits terminated as of that day -- and kindly note that I got glowing recommendations from management, peers, and client for next prospective assignment.

I *despise* this company.
Pros
I worked with some wonderful talented people and we had great clients.
Cons
See diatribe above.
No direction
The recruiter lied to me during hiring. I was not willing to relocate or travel and the recruiter told me there wouldn't be any traveling because there are plenty of jobs in NY.
Training was fun but learned practically nothing during on-boarding.

Work life balance is terrible.
Pros
Free drinks at the office
Cons
Terrible work life balance
Good place to work.
I traveled all over the country for Cap Gemini. They were very supportive and a great collaborative partner. Often if there was a technical issue at the work site Cap Gemini would provide their best experts to assist in finding a solution.
"Great Place to Work"
Great work-life balance, flex schedule, good pay. Do a better job of considering whom you'll promote. If all you are worried about is budget cuts, you will have to accept the consequences and don't pin it all on the ACCs and use them as scapegoats. They are doing their best under the circumstances. Deputies should not be afraid to speak up to support their teams.
Great cultural
Great cultural, you get to work with awesome experts, lots of learning opportunities. They treat you like a family.Freakishly smart colleagues who are as nice as can be and always open to tossing around ideas or helping you work something out. Team spirit that isn’t cultish. It feels like everyone is welcomed here and embraced for their uniqueness and opinions. We’re growing and investing, hardwork is paying off and customers are happy. It’s good. Also, free food, macbooks, happy hours, nap room, employee band,...
Entrepreneurial Culture
Great company if you can network and find your way. Your future is truly in your hands. You need to be prepared for stressful hours at times but overall very rewarding.
They are no longer in bussiness
They are no longer in bussiness, employer fine, people fine, no issues, wage fine, I have nothing more to add to this review. Not sure why I have to review an empolyer no longer in bussiness
Poor Management Consulting firm
It is a company made from inorganic acquisition of Kanbay & Igate. Both the old timers are top decision makers and works like siloed groups, small startups with no overall control. No overall direction from vertical owners, no passion for establishing them as core technical consulting company rather more service orientation and billing based. Need to be in client project if you are not blessed by senior management. People who are close to their manager only get promoted. I have never seen a dumb company like this where HR has no role to play if you escalate a poor performance appraisal rating. It is what your manager decides.
Pros
Big Name in Financial service
Cons
Works like a poorly managed small IT service firm
prodcutive and competetive
Good projects for development.
Opportunity to learn and grow

Less hindrance from higher management for active constation.

Visibility to Clients and higher management.
Poor Culture and Work Life Balance
So much is asked of you though not reciprocated with compensation or career advancement. Poor management & instability. The culture is toxic and not supportive.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capgemini. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9K
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight