Capital Caring Employee Reviews

HealthCare Company
Technical Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAJune 25, 2018
Benefits
Cons
Small company
Fun yet very productive work place...
Administrative Assistant03 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 30, 2018
A typical day at work at Capitol Caring was a fun, eye opening, educating and of course productive day. I've learned more then I expected and very hands on. The management was very nice and helpful to me with any and everything (if ever needed). I really enjoyed learning the medical system seeing as though I've always wanted to be the person to be behind scenes working to help others with the legal part of the medical field.
I believe in the mission
Office Manager and Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 19, 2018
Up until the last year there, my job was very fulfilling. The last year may have been better if the department I was in was busy which is why I was let go, reduction in force because there was not enough business in that part of the company
There's potential
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 6, 2018
I loved what I did. Educating families, supporting the patient and families and helping them to reach their goal in their final days on earth. But when your patient caseload almost doubles from 10-15 to 18-25, theres no support from management, lack of resources (or doctor), everything is about cutting cost but the work expectations are still the same with no excuses, its not good or safe.
Capital Caring
Participant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 29, 2018
At Capital Caring, I had met a few people who were very professional, nice, and friendly. Also, the environment can be very relaxed and fast-paced at the same time
It's ok
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2018
Hospice care can be draining. Everyone makes their own schedule. Even as a clinical social worker, I wish I had some sort of supervision where I can vent or talk about my cases from time to time by someone who is not sarcastic or dismissive. The managers are nurses. Hospice work is hard. High caseloads and many hours spent documenting.
Cons
Low pay
Great nursing staff
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 22, 2018
Everyone I encountered is very focused on what is best for the patient and their family. It made it very rewarding to be apart of such a devoted, professional team.
Job
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 17, 2017
I think this is not necessary! I just want to look for a good paying position that I can grow and learn. Also utilize my 30 years of experience and education.
Long hours, uncompensated for on call, questionable activities
Nurse (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 29, 2017
Love, Love the patients and the actual work and most of the staff. Management needs a redo. Often asked to do questionable things. Poor compensation. Long work hours
Pros
Patients served- the actual work
Great working enviroment
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 7, 2017
Productive and fun working place. Good working culture. Gives you assistance to manage your day.

Team working environment, every one is welling to assist in making your day a productive one.
Depsite staffing challenges we come together as team to deliver excellent care to our pt/family.
Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 1, 2017
I love nursing and this company afford me to do what i love best helping other during a vulnerable time in their life. Management is supportive at time,
Pros
Teamwork enviroment
Cons
Not enough staff .
Felt Abandoned
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 15, 2017
Manager didn't seem to want to be a manager. He stayed in his office all day working on speadsheets rather than working with/training/getting the most out of employees. CFO was inconsistent in his decision making.
Needed more work life balance
RN CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22042August 19, 2017
I enjoyed hospice, but after 8 years in hospice I needed a change. The best part of the job was that it can be so rewarding because you are helping people at a time in their lives when they really need it. I took care of patients in their homes.
Pros
Enjoyed the freedom of working in the field.
Cons
Hospice can consume your life with the charting and demands of the job.
Very Professional work place
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 5, 2017
Working for this company, you will be happy with how day to day operations are ran, staff is a pleasure to work with non stressful overall great place to call home.
If you love helping people, it is a good place to start your career
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 11, 2017
If you love helping people, it is a good place to start your career. It is a wonderful feeling you will receive helping those in need of hospice services. The one major Con would be advancement if you are not a nurse
Office Assistant for Hospice Organization
Office Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22042May 15, 2017
Capital Caring was a wonderful agency that served patients with terminal illness. The medical teams were wonderful and very caring toward families and patients. The chaplains and grief counselors were excellent too.

They were instrumental in my own career goals as a pastor. I hope to be a hospice chaplain some day.
Pros
Very compassionate patient/family friendly, great to the staff too.
Cons
The stress level of high volume call center
rewarding and stressful and educational
LPN Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCApril 24, 2017
A typical day at work on the inpatient unit includes ongoing assessing of patients to assure that they are the most comfortable they can be as acute or chronic symptoms of their life limiting illness occur, medication passes (sometimes giving PRNs Q30min for symptom management), PCA pump management, rounding with physician, wound care, spending time educating the family so they are empowered to manage their loved ones care at home and working as a team with our CNAs and other nurses to give exceptional care.
I've learned a lot for end of life care and comfort and symptom control.
Management with this company has exceeded my expectations.
This company's hiring process is very thorough and although there are several types of personalities and people with different backgrounds, everyone gets along well and is happy to help in your time of need.
The hardest part of the job is seeing death frequently and tensions within the family and pressure from the family to "do more" instead of letting death occur naturally (ex. starting IV hydration, gastric tubes and tube feeding).
The most enjoyable part of the job, on the flip side, is educating the families about the dying process, what is normal, and the harmful effects of IV fluids and tube feedings and seeing the transition into death peaceful and pain free.
Innovative and progressive Hospice Care Organization
Unknow (Current Employee) –  DMVApril 22, 2017
Innovative and progressive Hospice Care Organization. Opportunities for growth and decent work life balance.

Core business hours 8-5 pm and 24-7/365 day support.
One of My Best Jobs EVER!
Full-time Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJanuary 6, 2017
A great place to work; difficult AND rewarding work; teamwork is essential to success; learned much from patients, families, and staff
Pros
Meeting people at a difficult time in their lives
Cons
heavy workload
house keeping
house kepper (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 8, 2016
I enjoyed cleaning for others , I loved the job overall I learned a lot from the job and I want to move forward with my career and find a lot to do with a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Caring. Our community is ready to answer.