Capital Caring Employee Reviews

Poor management
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 1, 2019
Nurses are great. Management is poor with negative outlook. Treat staff with disrespect and are degrading. Unwelcoming during onboarding. Do not train to do your job. Sink or swim. And your to blame when all fails.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Negative toxic work environment
Look elsewhere
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aldie, VADecember 28, 2018
Poor management. Forced nurses without experience to the field although they voiced not being ready. Frequent visits to patients far from catchment area. Forced to cover shifts at the inpatient facility with limited training. ( one day)
Pros
Patients appreciated visit
Cons
Poor management. No real training
Do not recommend at all
Clinical Support Team (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 18, 2018
Do not recommend working here at all. Poor management. Employees are not empowered, appreciated, or recognized. It would be great if Capital Caring reevaluated their name and cared about their employees instead of just the number of patients they can get.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Confusion and micro-management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VASeptember 7, 2018
No one came to work on time, management refuses to use tools that would be beneficial tracking projects etc. This company is reactive, not proactive, not the place for me.
Pros
Nice staff, great mission
Cons
Poor upper management
HealthCare Company
Technical Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAJune 25, 2018
Benefits
Cons
Small company
Fun yet very productive work place...
Administrative Assistant03 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 30, 2018
A typical day at work at Capitol Caring was a fun, eye opening, educating and of course productive day. I've learned more then I expected and very hands on. The management was very nice and helpful to me with any and everything (if ever needed). I really enjoyed learning the medical system seeing as though I've always wanted to be the person to be behind scenes working to help others with the legal part of the medical field.
I believe in the mission
Office Manager and Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 19, 2018
Up until the last year there, my job was very fulfilling. The last year may have been better if the department I was in was busy which is why I was let go, reduction in force because there was not enough business in that part of the company
There's potential
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 6, 2018
I loved what I did. Educating families, supporting the patient and families and helping them to reach their goal in their final days on earth. But when your patient caseload almost doubles from 10-15 to 18-25, theres no support from management, lack of resources (or doctor), everything is about cutting cost but the work expectations are still the same with no excuses, its not good or safe.
Capital Caring
Participant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 29, 2018
At Capital Caring, I had met a few people who were very professional, nice, and friendly. Also, the environment can be very relaxed and fast-paced at the same time
It's ok
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2018
Hospice care can be draining. Everyone makes their own schedule. Even as a clinical social worker, I wish I had some sort of supervision where I can vent or talk about my cases from time to time by someone who is not sarcastic or dismissive. The managers are nurses. Hospice work is hard. High caseloads and many hours spent documenting.
Cons
Low pay
Great nursing staff
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 22, 2018
Everyone I encountered is very focused on what is best for the patient and their family. It made it very rewarding to be apart of such a devoted, professional team.
Job
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 17, 2017
I think this is not necessary! I just want to look for a good paying position that I can grow and learn. Also utilize my 30 years of experience and education.
Long hours, uncompensated for on call, questionable activities
Nurse (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 29, 2017
Love, Love the patients and the actual work and most of the staff. Management needs a redo. Often asked to do questionable things. Poor compensation. Long work hours
Pros
Patients served- the actual work
Great working enviroment
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 7, 2017
Productive and fun working place. Good working culture. Gives you assistance to manage your day.

Team working environment, every one is welling to assist in making your day a productive one.
Depsite staffing challenges we come together as team to deliver excellent care to our pt/family.
Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 1, 2017
I love nursing and this company afford me to do what i love best helping other during a vulnerable time in their life. Management is supportive at time,
Pros
Teamwork enviroment
Cons
Not enough staff .
Felt Abandoned
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 15, 2017
Manager didn't seem to want to be a manager. He stayed in his office all day working on speadsheets rather than working with/training/getting the most out of employees. CFO was inconsistent in his decision making.
Needed more work life balance
RN CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22042August 19, 2017
I enjoyed hospice, but after 8 years in hospice I needed a change. The best part of the job was that it can be so rewarding because you are helping people at a time in their lives when they really need it. I took care of patients in their homes.
Pros
Enjoyed the freedom of working in the field.
Cons
Hospice can consume your life with the charting and demands of the job.
Very Professional work place
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 5, 2017
Working for this company, you will be happy with how day to day operations are ran, staff is a pleasure to work with non stressful overall great place to call home.
If you love helping people, it is a good place to start your career
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 11, 2017
If you love helping people, it is a good place to start your career. It is a wonderful feeling you will receive helping those in need of hospice services. The one major Con would be advancement if you are not a nurse
Office Assistant for Hospice Organization
Office Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22042May 15, 2017
Capital Caring was a wonderful agency that served patients with terminal illness. The medical teams were wonderful and very caring toward families and patients. The chaplains and grief counselors were excellent too.

They were instrumental in my own career goals as a pastor. I hope to be a hospice chaplain some day.
Pros
Very compassionate patient/family friendly, great to the staff too.
Cons
The stress level of high volume call center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Caring. Our community is ready to answer.