Capital Caring Employee Reviews in Merrifield, VA

Utter chaos
Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAJuly 23, 2019
Too many chiefs. egos are huge. Terrible management. Unrealistic expectations. Poor staffing for what they expect to care for
No job security. Outdated policies
Confusion and micro-management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VASeptember 7, 2018
No one came to work on time, management refuses to use tools that would be beneficial tracking projects etc. This company is reactive, not proactive, not the place for me.
Pros
Nice staff, great mission
Cons
Poor upper management
Not the best place
N/A (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAMarch 1, 2016
They have a lot of work to do. The work load is heavy, not enough people to efficiently keep things moving. Lots of turnover which leads to the lack of work life balance for those still working there.
Amazing working environment, Dedicated and compassionate caregivers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrifield VirginiaFebruary 24, 2015
Capital Caring is an amazing organization that fosters innovation and compassionate care.

Leaders at Capital Caring provide their teams with daily insight, coaching, and guidance. This helps employees reach their full potential while providing the best possible care to patients and their families.

It is refreshing to work in an environment that thrives on doing what matters most for their patients and families.

This is not only a great place to work, but truly the epicenter for improved care in the Northern Virginia, DC and PG County Maryland area.
Pros
Wonderful caregivers, Inspiring leadership
Amazing - Compassionate and Caring Workplace
Director (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Capital Caring is one of the nation’s leading nonprofits for hospice care, palliative care, and grief/bereavement counseling. By living our mission to simply improve care, WE, as a team, help our patients and families live each day to the fullest, making the most of every moment. If you want to truly make a difference in the lives of patients and families, Capital Caring is the place to be. We achieve this through living our strong core values each day: complete customer satisfaction, culture of trust, leadership to grow and the fact that we are all learners and teachers in what we do best.

I work with a team of truly caring professionals with unwavering passion for the work they do. I could not imagine working for any other company.
Pros
Incredible Vision, Working to fulfill our mission To simply improve care for those needing it the most, Dedicated energetic and creative leadership, innovation at its best, dedicated and caring work force, experience and excellence, proactive leader in the healthcare community
Cons
N/a
Work place with tuition assistance program as well as opportunity to grow
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAApril 20, 2013
The shift begins at 0700 with report from the previous nurse.Patient assessment is done and labs are checked for any abnormalities. Patient rounding are done with doctors.Most of the day is spent with making sure patient is well taken care of and pain is well managed.Most of the coworkers are very helpful towards each other, this makes what seems to be a very challenging job very enjoyable.
Pros
a very good field to get nursing expirence
Cons
management needs to be more supportive of the staff