Capital Caring Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

3.6Pay & Benefits
3.3Job Security & Advancement
Depsite staffing challenges we come together as team to deliver excellent care to our pt/family.
Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 1, 2017
I love nursing and this company afford me to do what i love best helping other during a vulnerable time in their life. Management is supportive at time,
Pros
Teamwork enviroment
Cons
Not enough staff .
rewarding and stressful and educational
LPN Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCApril 24, 2017
A typical day at work on the inpatient unit includes ongoing assessing of patients to assure that they are the most comfortable they can be as acute or chronic symptoms of their life limiting illness occur, medication passes (sometimes giving PRNs Q30min for symptom management), PCA pump management, rounding with physician, wound care, spending time educating the family so they are empowered to manage their loved ones care at home and working as a team with our CNAs and other nurses to give exceptional care.
I've learned a lot for end of life care and comfort and symptom control.
Management with this company has exceeded my expectations.
This company's hiring process is very thorough and although there are several types of personalities and people with different backgrounds, everyone gets along well and is happy to help in your time of need.
The hardest part of the job is seeing death frequently and tensions within the family and pressure from the family to "do more" instead of letting death occur naturally (ex. starting IV hydration, gastric tubes and tube feeding).
The most enjoyable part of the job, on the flip side, is educating the families about the dying process, what is normal, and the harmful effects of IV fluids and tube feedings and seeing the transition into death peaceful and pain free.
Superb organization
Board-Certified Chaplain/Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2013
Excellent focus on patient care. Every discipline has the patients' best interests as their motivation.