Capital Caring Culture reviews

Do not recommend at all
Clinical Support Team (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 18, 2018
Do not recommend working here at all. Poor management. Employees are not empowered, appreciated, or recognized. It would be great if Capital Caring reevaluated their name and cared about their employees instead of just the number of patients they can get.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great working enviroment
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDOctober 7, 2017
Productive and fun working place. Good working culture. Gives you assistance to manage your day.

Team working environment, every one is welling to assist in making your day a productive one.
Depsite staffing challenges we come together as team to deliver excellent care to our pt/family.
Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 1, 2017
I love nursing and this company afford me to do what i love best helping other during a vulnerable time in their life. Management is supportive at time,
Pros
Teamwork enviroment
Cons
Not enough staff .
One of My Best Jobs EVER!
Full-time Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJanuary 6, 2017
A great place to work; difficult AND rewarding work; teamwork is essential to success; learned much from patients, families, and staff
Pros
Meeting people at a difficult time in their lives
Cons
heavy workload
Wonderful Team Work
Chaplain/Volunteer Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 30, 2016
Great group of folks to work with. Wonderful mission and community bereavement program. Upper management sometimes has an iron fist and not always respectful.
Productive, Well-oiled Machine
Medical Records Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 4, 2016
Typical day was productive. What I learned was how to be a better listener. Management was busy.Co-workers were helpful.
Hardest part of the job was not being a paid employee. I really it enjoyed it there.The most enjoyable part of the job was it was gaining experience in my field.
Pros
I was able to gain experience for my future career in the medical field.
Cons
It was an internship.
Amazing - Compassionate and Caring Workplace
Director (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAFebruary 23, 2015
Capital Caring is one of the nation’s leading nonprofits for hospice care, palliative care, and grief/bereavement counseling. By living our mission to simply improve care, WE, as a team, help our patients and families live each day to the fullest, making the most of every moment. If you want to truly make a difference in the lives of patients and families, Capital Caring is the place to be. We achieve this through living our strong core values each day: complete customer satisfaction, culture of trust, leadership to grow and the fact that we are all learners and teachers in what we do best.

I work with a team of truly caring professionals with unwavering passion for the work they do. I could not imagine working for any other company.
Pros
Incredible Vision, Working to fulfill our mission To simply improve care for those needing it the most, Dedicated energetic and creative leadership, innovation at its best, dedicated and caring work force, experience and excellence, proactive leader in the healthcare community
Cons
N/a
A wonderful place to work
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 18, 2015
Capital Caring is an inspiring and motivating place to work. To serve a mission powerful in its simplicity: to simply improve care is profoundly rewarding.

I work with a group of dedicated, compassionate, selfless professionals where quality of care is the business strategy. Capital Caring is a place where the employees are truly shareholders--and success for the organization means success for the employees.

I am challenged and invigorated each day by the work I do. If you are looking for meaningful, fulfilling work--where you are respected, can take leadership, and make a difference, Capital Caring is the place for you.
Pros
inspiring, non-profit, difference-making, culture of trust, flexibility, compassionate, dedicated leadership
This employer was excellent
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDNovember 24, 2014
I loved working with this company. The work was great and the overall company was excellent. The co-workers were great and helpful and just made you love your job. No one was discriminated against or felt different from others.
Superb organization
Board-Certified Chaplain/Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2013
Excellent focus on patient care. Every discipline has the patients' best interests as their motivation.
Great Cause, Great People and Great Job
Acting Manager, Special Events (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 14, 2013
Working for a non-profit healthcare organization is rewarding on so many levels. Working in the Development Department is particularly rewarding as well offering some very educational challenges. As the Acting Special Events Manager, I get to plan events to raise money for Capital Caring and help to further the mission to "simply improve care." My co-workers are all very dedicated and knowledgeable in their positions. We have new leadership in our department and that has been a challenge, as you might imagine, but I think the department will be better for it in the long run.

Being a health care organization, I find that the CEO and Communications and Marketing department seem to be focused solely on the clinical side of the organization. At all-staff meetings, we "administrative" folks are often left out of the discussions and that is a little disheartening.
Pros
flexible work schedule, excellent benefits, competitive pay
Cons
new leadership, majority of the staff is clinical and so administrative departments are all but ignored.
A good place for learning skills in the field
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 24, 2012
Capital Caring is a good place for learning skills in the field. You are able to quickly acquire autonomy and time management skills.
Overall Management skills allow for diversity and patience as you deal with staff and families from many different cultures.
My co-workers are fun and diverse.

The hardest part of my job is being challenged and seeking higher ground. The most enjoyable part are the patients and family members.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
high case loads