CAPITAL CONTRACTORS Employee Reviews

Low pay for the amount of work and many working nights.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 6, 2018
Week management from the CEO down to the office manager. The office culture was like no other, cold, rude and mean, very mean. Expected to work days and nights without compensation. Very difficult to find contractors to accept new accounts due to the very low pay. Contractors have to provide all labor, equipment and products.
Pros
Enjoyed the client contact
Cons
No support from the manager and cut-throat peers. Very strange place to work.
Capital
Accounts Receivable & Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYMay 30, 2018
I always enjoyed working at capital until the end there has been a lot of change in upper management and the company mission is not followed and staff is not held accountable.
Cons
No communication, no room for advancement.
CNC Drill Operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 21, 2018
Pay is low condsidering what you have to do and know.....skill and knowledge wise. Communication from Owner to Plant Manager to supervisor to employee is non-existent.
Pros
Offered healthcare
Cons
No advancement opportunities, low pay
Excellent company to work for
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Indiana, Ohio, MichiganDecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed the fast-paced environment and the challenge of meeting the high standards of this company. I learned to develop a close and professional relationship with the customers.
Pros
Great opportunities to grow
Cons
Traveled extensively
productive and fun enviromental
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYOctober 5, 2017
I was processing invoices, checking contractors compliance and ordering supplies for our contractors. preparing payment via check, wire and direct deposit. Entering contractor information in our system, performing calls to our contractors for missing information in their contract. Assisting to answer phone. Get prepare for audit time providing future paperwork needed for audit purpose.
Avoid at all costs
Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 1, 2017
Sad excuse for management. Bad decisions and poor judgment by the higher ups allowing customers to be neglected and losing big accounts over the dumbest reasons EVER! Allowed poisonous personalities to run rampant and destroy productivity along with moral. HR is a useless and offered no remedy.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, horrible benefits, Bad management
Productive and fun workplace
Maintenance/ Custodial Contractor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2017
● Stripped, Waxed, Buffed, Mopped, Vacuumed floors
● Replaced Damaged Flooring, Repaired faucet leaks, Ceiling tiles
● Rearranged the isles and Removed any defacing in different retail locations
● Cleaned Various office buildings, Cubical settings and Apartment Building
No teamwork
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYJune 6, 2016
I loved my job but was all alone. Every man for themselves. Many people got laid off and i was the last to go. The company had been going downhill since the day i started.
the stepping stone in my career
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 6, 2016
fresh out of school , learned a lot . owners where friendly. taught a lot of valuable lessons. Customer interaction, problem solving on daily basis, sad to see company close down
Pros
learned alot
Cons
mutli tasking
Great company to work for
Sales Executive and Operations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2015
Work environment is based on the team ethic yet individual performance and initiative is encouraged. All ideas are considered and discussed with the team to benefit both customers and employees.
love the travel and meet new people
national field opertion manager (Current Employee) –  Vancovuer WaAugust 18, 2015
I handled accounts in 5 states, all are national accounts. For janitional services there was lots great times, then the company change managers and things became unreal.
Pros
love dealing with people
Cons
bad supervisors
Capital Contractors
Regional Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 7, 2014
Manage contractors with cleaning issues in assigned accounts. Meet standards according to cleaning specifications.
Communications with contractors, account managers, district managers. Solve payroll issues with customer service reps. in Corporate Office
Pros
Enjoy working with customers and office staff
Cons
sales department bids work so low in certain markets.
9-5
Purchasing Agent/Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 16, 2014
I did not feel secure in this position. The company kept letting people go.
not an enjoyable atmosphere
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 14, 2014
this was the worst jon ever but has the best benfit package. Some co workers were very easy to get along with and the others(the ones who was friends with the owner) was so mean and rude and would tell lies on you just to get you in trouble
Pros
good medical/dental
Cons
work enviroment
Great company to grow with. Learned so much
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAMarch 17, 2014
A typical day with Capital would be answer incoming and outgoing calls, answer emails, assisting to any problems that needed to be attended to immediately with our field management or our Corporate office in the East Coast. Check in the my field managers, follow up on service provided to our customers, process any work orders for our vendor payments, enter any vital data into our company CRM system.

Learned so much working for Capital; problem solve, resourceful, tech savvy, team work, as well as the how to manage a district under pressure.my experience grew with the the company.

Had an amazing supervisor, she is the glue to Capital. Incredible
leader.

Had a great team to work with. Co-workers looked out for one another, we were like family..

Hardest part of the job was dealing with those who doubted my abilities, but the greatest part was proving them wrong.
Janitorial Sales
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2014
National Accounts sales. I run the Telemarketing department
Business Casual environment
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 22, 2013
I worked here for 4 years.
Flat corporate structure.
There has been lots of turnover in Management
Co-workers are easy to work with.
The job was not very challenging.
Pros
Easy commute
Cons
The business has been in decline over the last few years
Cheats and Liars abound
whipping post (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 29, 2013
This company sub-contracts all of their cleaning making them a management company made up of cheats and liars only interested in giving lip service. They have little if any knowledge of cleaning and focus more attention on ways of cheating their sub contractors by not paying them. They 'lease' equipment needed at each sight and if the contractor leaves for whatever reason, they set the new lease agreement back to the original price of the equipment so it is never actually paid for. IE, a $10,000.00 piece of equipment may get leased down to $5,000.00 and then if the contractor leaves and the new one comes on, it's back up to a $10,000.00 piece! Furthermore, if they have a sub who is lacking liability/workers comp insurance, instead of preventing them from going into their contracted store, they continue to allow them to risk life, limb and property right up until pay day. Then, they simply don't pay the sub. Biggest bunch of thieves I've ever been associated with.
Pros
Cons
7 days a week....12 hour day minimum.
Capital Contractors is a wonderful place to work, it teaches valuable skills and a totally new view in the industry that it operates
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2012
A typical work day consists of traveling to various locations and performing inspections to help ensure that the specs are being followed and to get a proactive view of impending issues that may arise before the customer finds them and maybe find issues that are not related to the service we provide to help the customer out.

I have learned that by doing the job you must have a strong sense of pride and responsibility to yourself and others as my actions could have a positive or negative ripple effect across the country.

I work as an Ops. Manager, so I deal with all kinds of managers from local to executive across the country and with that experience I get to see many views of how things are done before they reach my level.

My co-workers are great, there are so many of them and it seems through the years we have all learned much from one another, there are many different personalities and characters but together that is what makes the job roll in a positive manner.

The hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy paperwork and travel and follow ups in a timely manner, getting out and doing the job is the easy part it the paper trail that creates difficulty at times especially when there are deadlines and I have to choose weather to go out on the road or stay in and do paperwork.

The most enjoyable part of the job to me is that everyday is different, I never see the same place everyday it is spread out over a month and traveling I love those aspects of the job.
Pros
the pros of the job are, the friends you make for life, solving there needs, and partnering with them.
Cons
the cons are, dealing with folks that need training, from there support.
Fast paced work in environment
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2012
Never issues with pay and holiday time is plentiful. Ability to have a flexible schedule is necessary, and the ability to multi-task.
Pros
travel perks, company fuel account, vechile maintenance program, and insurance benefits
Cons
limited back up, hectic schedule, limited accountability