Capital Group Employee Reviews

Extremely Structured Environment
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2018
In Capital Group, one never stops learning. This is what keeps life interesting. This company provides benefits that are unheard of, elsewhere. However, it is extremely structured. It is very constructive feedback oriented.
Benefits
Cons
Very Structured Environment
CEO Implements Flat Organization
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2018
Pleasant to work there. The facilities were great.

I was allowed to investigate, plan and execute programs.

Offered me a role but it wasn't what I wanted.
Pros
Flat organization
Challenging
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 21, 2018
Many roles and challenges, made it a very exciting place to work every day. Was able to work with every department at the site and was easy to stay involved and engaged.
typical call center job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2018
It does not matter what department you are in, its a incoming call center job. customers call in make requests over the phone and you fulfill the request. customers I would say are 70% nice 30% awful. chances are you are going to face a stressful situation with a customer 5-10 times a day.
Pros
office enviroment, good training, good benefits
Cons
low pay, rude customers, managment is not helpful
Not a long term company if you have goals of moving up
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 15, 2018
Great company for the average joe. If you want a secure job with great benefits and not be in management, it is a golden ticket. If you desire to be in management, they are sad. No advancement, two job lay offs in 10 years targeting management positions and they offer nothing to help you further your management skills to move on or up. Once you in management, they only option to get out of management is to leave or "go back" to an non-exempt role. It is a shame.
Beautiful Offices
Investment Group Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2018
Great attention and consideration to day in and day out matters. Respect for individual opinions. Treated as an equal across the board. Good employee health care (includes vision).
Contracting at Capital - Great Culture But Hard to Get Interview if Contractor
Administrative Contractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2018
I think Capital Group does a phenomenal job at taking care of its associates, which is why they stay so long in their careers there. The contractors are also appreciated, but I felt it was hard to get an interview if you didn't have a ton of experience for the open role or weren't just perfect for the job. I felt the company was willing to grow and invest in their current employees, but didn't feel the same for contractors, who could eventually become an employee. I do think though that the opportunities, once you are a full-time associates, are limitless.
Pros
Retirement/investment benefits, amazing benefits for full-time employees, large company with great reputation
Cons
Not a whole lot of growth presented to contractors outside role hired for, interview process very long and strenuous
Promotion is not based on merit
Compliance Professional (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2018
Good benefits but horrible place to work. Managers don’t know how to manage and favoritism is rampant. Sucking up is the only way to get ahead. There’s no transparency.
Pros
Good retirement benefit
Cons
Inept managers are plentiful.
Relaxed environment with high expectation
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2018
Answer any questions that individual and professional investors may have while keeping the conversation short and to the point. There was no requirement to build any customer relationships because the client would get a different rep every time they call in, which made the job unrewarding no matter how much information supplied to an investor.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
forced advancement along with untrained management
Different strokes for different folks
BSA (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2018
Different groups have different culture. Some are too much in the face and will expect you to put in after work hours in meetings on a regular basis (to resolve queries that you may have). Mismatch of expectations between different groups working together make it a hard balancing act.
Pros
Great Cafeteria with free snacks. Good offices
Cons
Poor work life balance, politics
Great Place to Work
Retirement Plan Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 10, 2018
Capital Group is a great place to work. Management is awesome and peer-associates are even better.

You receive about 2-3 weeks paid vacation depending on how long you worked here and also 15% contribution to your retirement account.

I would highly recommend working here.
Pros
Company contributes 15% of annual income to your retirement account
Cons
Friendly environment where integrity is paramount.
Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2018
I've been with CG for 26 years. I work with people that weren't even born when I started. That'll make you bring things into perspective. The company has evolved so much over that timeline I can't even grasp the enormity of it. I'll be retiring soon, and the biggest regret I'll have is not seeing my veteran co-workers on a daily basis. The environment is that good. I never felt like it was a "call center" even though I've been answering phones my entire career here. The company's impeccable reputation in the industry means you are highly unlikely to have to apologize for its actions. Truly, I don't remember any scandals that embarrassed the company or its leaders over my career. The people and culture at the top has been inspirational, and the ultimate reason I've stayed onboard all these years. Those co-workers I've known over the years that have sought greener pastures, have by and large regretted leaving, with few exceptions. Those few exceptions are exceptional individuals and I commend their spirit of adventure and drive. As for me, I have cultivated a circle of friends that includes co-workers and managers at all levels and the ability to offer frank consultation and opinion whenever I want without fear of retribution. I can only hope my younger co-workers can achieve that level of comfort with management interaction. To my younger co-workers, see the bigger picture. This company is a solid company to work for. If your dreams take you on a different path, that's fine. But if you think there's greener pasture at another company in this industry, wake  more... up, because you're dreaming.  less
Pros
Benefits, Environment, Culture
Cons
If I had to comment, I guess the horizontal structure doesn't offer as much growth as other orgs.
Productive and fun
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 25, 2018
The overall environment is productive. The training inexpensive and intuitive. The room for advancement is sparse depending on the industry. But they have hire great people.
Pros
Cafe in house
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 21, 2018
The culture is friendly and positive. Most managers have a very encouraging and positive way of communicating to employees. Strengths and skills are recognized and rewarded, although opportunity to advance is limited in some departments. Benefits are amazing.
Great Learning Environment and Collaborative Culture
Program Manager (Global Sourcing) (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 16, 2018

Good team culture

emerging technology adaptation

great digital adoption

modern release management process
Pros
Great Learning Environment and Collaborative Culture
Capital Group Review
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 12, 2018
I worked as a Business Analyst at Capital Group.
During my tenure I learnt a lot.
It is a great place to work in and grow. Perfect work and life balance.
Decent Company but very boring
Back End Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 11, 2018
Capital Group is in the financial sector and, as such, aren't really early adopters of technology. This is understandable as financial systems require vetting, especially with client's money at stake. For my tastes that's a bit of a snore but for someone else it may just well be their cup of tea. I will say that the people I worked with were very nice and a lovely group. They seemed eager to learn things which I was more than happy to oblige,
Capital Group was an excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Capital because the environment was good and the people where friendly. I had an excellent salary and benefits. I learned the importance of being detailed in my job. Learned to work with a variety of people. The atmosphere was good, the staff friendly and helpful. The management team helped me learn a lot and how to deal with privacy issues
Great company
Desk top support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2018
Good company to work for and great people. Lots of opportunities and a relaxed but hard working environment. Good place to get in with and build your way up.
Great company culture
HR Rotation Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2018
Capital is a great place to work with a variety of collaborative and lovely colleagues. If you value quick advancement, though, it may not be the place for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

76out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Capital Group.