Capital Group
63Average

Capital Group Employee Reviews

United States367 reviews
Positives: A good job, thoughtful problem-solving approaches, strong work outcomes, a good learning environment, challenging projects, excellent benefits and work/life balance, and some very, very good people.

Negatives: Beware. No good advancement opportunities unless you become a hip-pocket favorite of a mid-level and senior manager, meaning you belong heart-and-soul to their fiefdom. Don't remain neutral to office politics. A backstabby place, even if you do really good work. HR is management-focused, not employee focused.
This company is one of the worst company I ever worked, if you are able to survive then good, mostly non performers and non technical people survive and retire from there. People who technical and taking challenge in project will be lay off within few years.
Pros
Nothing a normal stupid company
Cons
Very bad management and director team
Corporate Management is great/Employees exemplify the culture of the organization. Very easy to get settled here because of the amenities. They have progressed tremendously in terms of their technology and made efforts to keep up to speed on what has been trending.
CG office locations and physical office is good. Contractor are able to stay long term contracts as they don't have time limit for any contracting position. But the managers response to any urgent request.
Pros
Free coffee, relaxing and comfortable in lunch area for employees and contractor
Cons
Micro management.
I loved working for Capital Group. Their focus on employee satisfaction was an added bonus to the other assets such as schedule flexibility. They are a leader in their field and a pleasure to work for.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Contracted workers are 2nd class citizens. Management trusts absolutely nobody. OS people are made up of people who only posses a High School diploma yet SUPERVISE contractors resulting in low workforce morale and the lack of training at a collegic level. A ton of micro-managing for laughable reasons that is completely inefficient.

Company spends too much time trying to come off as cultured, and severely lacks in relations with the people that work FOR and WITH it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Micromanagement, Company trusts no one it hires.
I wouldn't recommend this place if you dont like red tape and corporate politics.

Very hard to get in.

You will have to experience it for yourself

every experience is different
Working at the time your sick is the typical day ay work
Learned good knowledge

management is really good

Work culture is awesome

Working at the time your sick is the hardest part of job
I worked here as a temp through Spherion, and everything you do is constantly scrutinized and you are watched and micromanaged. If you get up to use the restroom and are gone too long, you have to tell a manager or risk being fired. They do not trust their temporary workers. You are not allowed to have any items at your desk including pens, paper, cell phones, or anything. I would not recommend this company. Very demoralizing experience.
Capital group preaches work life balance, and growth. But honestly contradicts that in the role I was in. Mandatory overtime along with poor pay. The culture is abysmal, constant micro management and feel like youre always under the gun. They try to have you drink the cool aid on this whole feedback process they have going. And it creates an awful environment where people throw colleagues under the bus and unqualified managers use it to keep you in align. One manager in particular in CBT, an unqualified housewife constantly demeans her employees and so is fake I felt grimey shaking her hand.
Our company provides a culture I’ve never had the opportunity to work in at other companies. It has core values that all employees must adhere to and follow on a daily basis and can be used in other facets of life. Truly a great company to work for.
Consultants are excluded as part of company policy. It's not really appropriate to require comment about the company in this format. It's a beautiful campus and employees are very nice.
I enjoyed learning from others and leading a team of professions.
The campus at Irvine had lots of amenities such as wonderful lunch facilities and garden areas to walk.
One of the hardest jobs I've ever had being a contractor, and not in terms of work, the work was mostly easy. It's the lack of inclusion that was the hardest part. You are made to feel as if you're disposable, and that's not great. You're reminded, daily, that you're not a real part of the core employee-based team.
Capital Group of Companies is an American financial services company serving individual investors, financial intermediaries and institutions, providing asset management, insurance and financial services.
People are authentic and genuine. Your colleagues are smart, driven, and challenge you to do your best every day. It is a flat culture and everyone is supportive, collaborative, and you learn on a daily basis.
Working for Capital Group was a dream job. Fellow associates are now life-long friends. Beautiful offices are only the tip of the iceberg with regard to benefits at CG. The overall care and attention to retaining and assisting employees was a priority at CG and it was apparent daily. The hardest part about this job was leaving it. The most enjoyable was knowing I was part of a team and doing good for others on a daily basis.
for the part i worked for they tended to use temps to side step fair pay as well as to foster a community of competition. They tended to focus on more for less to a point where you were on edge daily.
Contracted with this company for a dev job. Working on an app in a small team, almost finished most features for the app, but contract was ending soon. So I asked the management if they want to extend, they lied to me for an yes initially but it didn't happen.

What happened there was that they needed extra 3 months to finish up all features, so they didn't want to say no to extension which will result to my leave in a couple of weeks for a new job opportunity. I trusted them and stayed and then signed my apartment lease for another year. Now I got stranded at my current location for job search.

After my leave, previous colleagues told me about another massive departure of software engineers, due to similar situations.

TLDR. Be wary about the management and team lead. They are double-faced.
This place may be good for you as a first or second job. Outside of that I would not recommend. I left a full time job for this company and that wasn't the best choice. There is literally NO work life balance. Overtime is presented as optional when you are hired, but after its "The overtime is mandatory, not working it is a negative mark against you". Have kids? A part time job? Classes? any other responsibilities for your off hours? They don't care. Overtime is great but not when your literally being forced to work through all of your off days and an hour early plus an hour late on your scheduled days, it becomes extremely tiring. Majority of us struggle to stay awake at work because we are working THAT much. The past few months, they have taken every single off day we were scheduled. But, the employees who are higher in rank still get off on time and get their off days. Also, I have noticed ALOT of my co workers being fired ( ATLEAST 15) without good reason. You could clock in 2 minutes late its a negative mark, the marks add up. These reasonings do not make much since when they are forcing us to work extra already. You clearly need the people your firing over such small reasons. You have to sign in and out to use the restroom, your tracked as if your in high school. AND THEY STAND AT THE END OF YOUR ROW AND LITERALLY WATCH YOU ALL DAY, its so uncomfortable to feel like someone is staring you down. Some of them are very nice, but others have nasty attitudes when you ask them for help. Which is not okay because their job is literally to help. I know that this feeling goes for - more...
Wonderful company with a very friendly culture, and amazing benefits. Lots of required overtime in the customer service department during tax season. Team managers are pretty helpful with advancement.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Group. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Capital Group.