Capital Group Employee Reviews

Great job
Retirement Plan Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2018
I wouldn't have left if I didn't have to relocate. Great home away from home. I loved all of my co workers and management was well above average. 9 out of 10
Great working atmosphere and friendly knowledgeable people.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2018
One of the best financial companies in US. Flexible hours and friendly people. Knowledgeable managers, ready to help their team at any time and all teams are transparent in their approach.
Great company with great retirement plan
Senior Records Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I had the opportunity to work and interact with my colleagues across the various US offices on a regular basis.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Health Care Prices
My experience as a Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2018
Working at the Capital Group was a great experience. I learned how to interact with clients along with communicating over the phone. Not only did I gain experience in a professional atmosphere but was able to get an understanding of how to transfer calls and use Microsoft programs. I was constantly multitasking and on call for anything that was brought to my attention. I helped organize files, upload documents that needed to be put on record, maintain all the partners client information, took any messages from clients who called in and set up appointments with the financial advisors.
Pros
Learned a lot and can use those skills in the future
Cons
They stopped having a receptionist present within there office
Great benefits, long work days
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 29, 2018
The amount of work that is required of you at this company is expected, I think. But if you have a family, it's not realistic to work a 50-60 hour week.
Productive and Professional
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2018
Everyone that I have worked with has proven to be true professionals. I very organized company with a forward thinking approach to marketing. A truly agile work environment.
Becoming more intense
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2018
The physical work environment is extremely cared for and is the best part of this company. There is less of a work/life balance than in the past several years.
Changing Culture
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 9, 2018
In the short time that I was employed with Capital Group the culture changed drastically. The Client Services side became a call center but the rest of the company is great. Avoid the Shareholder Services side.
Long way to go
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2018
Sadly they have lost their way, they removed the mgmt team that focused on service and replaced them with sales mgrs. It became all about the egos and numbers to run the business. The benefits are just ordinary. The yearly salary increases are very low and they offer a MRP contribution that works out to be the same as other companies.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
Inept sr. leadership, get rid of directors, and above and replace, them with people who understand the jobs and business.
Not good
Data Processor Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2018
I don't like this company. They are races and for some odd reason. Not only that they don't treat you like they care about you they just us you and when they don't need you they let you go.
Workplace culture
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
Capital Group is a collaborative culture. There are many meetings in a typical day at work making it very challenging to complete real work.

The review process relies heavily on peers which can be very subjective most of the time.

Work life balance is also a challenge since employees typically juggle multiple tasks and projects at any one time.

The campus is very nice.
Talented group of people focused on pushing organization forward but lacks diversity and a commitment to improving culture
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2018
Capital offers great benefits, talented co-workers who are driven but lacks the leadership to truly improve diversity and make it a place comfortable for all to work.
Pros
Benefits, Work/life balance, Location
Cons
Diversity, Structure
Good job, not a good career
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 25, 2018
Great industry experience. You can learn a lot about savings, retirement, and investing. Free gifts. Recognition isn't the best for high-performing associates. Led to believe there would be plenty of room for career advancement, but that is not true. Advancement is considered doing the same role but being promoted within the role which is basically lateral and not really a promotion. They also like to do internships to give you a taste of something different but it is ultimately pointless because there are never any open positions for the actual work you do during the internship once it's over. The further you move up in your role the more complex the work will get without proper compensation.
Extremely Structured Environment
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2018
In Capital Group, one never stops learning. This is what keeps life interesting. This company provides benefits that are unheard of, elsewhere. However, it is extremely structured. It is very constructive feedback oriented.
Benefits
Cons
Very Structured Environment
CEO Implements Flat Organization
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2018
Pleasant to work there. The facilities were great.

I was allowed to investigate, plan and execute programs.

Offered me a role but it wasn't what I wanted.
Pros
Flat organization
Challenging
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 21, 2018
Many roles and challenges, made it a very exciting place to work every day. Was able to work with every department at the site and was easy to stay involved and engaged.
typical call center job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2018
It does not matter what department you are in, its a incoming call center job. customers call in make requests over the phone and you fulfill the request. customers I would say are 70% nice 30% awful. chances are you are going to face a stressful situation with a customer 5-10 times a day.
Pros
office enviroment, good training, good benefits
Cons
low pay, rude customers, managment is not helpful
Not a long term company if you have goals of moving up
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 15, 2018
Great company for the average joe. If you want a secure job with great benefits and not be in management, it is a golden ticket. If you desire to be in management, they are sad. No advancement, two job lay offs in 10 years targeting management positions and they offer nothing to help you further your management skills to move on or up. Once you in management, they only option to get out of management is to leave or "go back" to an non-exempt role. It is a shame.
Beautiful Offices
Investment Group Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2018
Great attention and consideration to day in and day out matters. Respect for individual opinions. Treated as an equal across the board. Good employee health care (includes vision).
Contracting at Capital - Great Culture But Hard to Get Interview if Contractor
Administrative Contractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2018
I think Capital Group does a phenomenal job at taking care of its associates, which is why they stay so long in their careers there. The contractors are also appreciated, but I felt it was hard to get an interview if you didn't have a ton of experience for the open role or weren't just perfect for the job. I felt the company was willing to grow and invest in their current employees, but didn't feel the same for contractors, who could eventually become an employee. I do think though that the opportunities, once you are a full-time associates, are limitless.
Pros
Retirement/investment benefits, amazing benefits for full-time employees, large company with great reputation
Cons
Not a whole lot of growth presented to contractors outside role hired for, interview process very long and strenuous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight