Capital Group
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

Working at Capital Group: 32 Reviews

United States32 reviews

greatworkpeoplepaybenefitplaceovertimejob

good company to get exposure, work life balance is good , pay is less specially in USA

This was my first company so overall it is good, management is good, wlb is good, all the basic perks are there, onsite opportunities are theremanagement and leadership is good

Pros

good work life balance, onsite opportunities

Cons

less pay

Growth Opportunities

Plenty of growth opportunities. The company promotes within. Continued training provided through out career track. This is a great opportunity for a newly graduate.

Capital Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Good company

It was a great place to work. No micromanaging as long as you got your work done you were pretty much left alone. Clean facilities and they were offering free lunch.

Excellent Benefits

Overall, great company to work for. They offer great benefits and bonuses. You can tell they really care for their employees. However, there not a lot of opportunity for advancement. Most opportunities are lateral within the call center. Call volume is always high and there is always mandatory overtime.

Mostly great, few bad apples

It felt great getting started, the campus was beautiful, free food all the time, parties hosted multiple times per year, amazing benefits and decent pay. The job gets boring but there are chances to change things up and get specialized trainings etc. it went south for me when a senior manager threatened my job if I didn’t offer dirt on my mentor. She was bluffing so I kept my job but it felt like a different place after that.

Pros

Insane benefits, cool campus

Cons

Still a large business with shady managers

Boring but okay

I really do not have much more to say other than this place has, great people, but the job was boring and, management was okay. The hours were irregular but overtime was good.

Not what it appears to be - Experience with the company is depending your background and work relationship

The work environment has been degraded overtime. Company is pushing for D&I but it has little effect on the work environment. Mostly optics, real change not so much. Do your research well before considering

Pros

Large environment with lot of opportunity to learn new technology and skill set

Cons

lot of work, no work life balance

Best place I have ever worked! Great atmosphere and sense of belonging.

Every single day I had the opportunity to learn something. The team leaders are all very supportive and eager to help you feel connected and productive.

Pros

Everything!

Cons

Not one thing comes to mind.

Must Play Politics to Advance

Heavy phone work for a highly technical and procedural position. In a call center, the calls are monitored for responsiveness, friendliness, timeliness, accuracy, etc. Capital Group suffers from high turnover, because many people fail at giving accurate information. This includes while not on the phone but scheduled for processing, too. Cannot express enough how attention to detail is paramount, but lack of it will lend room for leeway should you know how to play politics. Capital Group is an extension of high school with much of the ostracizing being influenced by management.

Compensation and Benefits are amazing. 401k Match Bonuses twice a year Great Retirement Plan 15% of yearly contributionManagers encourage you to learn and advanceGreat culture, fun and energetic environment.Great training and guidance from the start.

Pros

Compensation and Benfits, Great Training

Cons

competitive advancement

Home Office Service Team

It is amazing place to work for. Great benefits!! I probably would have stayed but I had a supervisor that micromanaged soooo much. She never listened to any of my concerns.

Good Benefits/Excessive Mandatory Overtime/Poor Work-Life Balance

A typical day at work is assisting investors and Financial Advisors with via phone. Good training program when hired, ongoing training needs improvement. When initially hired, was told minimal overtime other than tax season (Dec-April). Mandatory overtime is now 1 to 2.5 hours per day which affects work/life balance. Not working the OT will affect review which in turn affects compensation.

Pros

*Excellent benefits, annual company contribution to your 401K of 15% of your compensation, 2 bonuses per year, good healthcare benefits

Cons

*Excessive mandatory overtime, terrible work/life balance

A place you can spend your entire career

Pros: Many have worked for Capital Group for well over 10 years and it’s easy to see why. They offer a lot of opportunities for growth, department changes, and professional exploration. The culture is pleasant and inclusive. I’ve never been shown anything but respect. Cons: - I’ve found my pay to be below market average, however it’s made up for in their large contributions to retirement fund, so I suppose it just depends on your needs. - Promotions are slow and uncertain - Heavy workload. On numerous occasions employees/ managers leave and are not replaced by the organization. Instead slight restructuring is done so that everyone else can absorb the work of the departed. - The company is stuck in their ways and unsupportive of remote work post-covid.

Pros

Retirement contribution, diversity, job stability

Cons

Workload, remote work flexibility

Capital Group is like a sweat shop , horrific place to work.

Favoritism. It’s like being in the military. They have eyes on you everywhere . Monitor you everywhere. If they like you It sucks to work there I was miserable Everyday 4 times a day there was coaching and they never gave you a good feedback alway negative always

Pros

Nothing sucks pay suck like jail

Cons

They see everything

Mandatory Overtime 10 out of 12 months of the year

Regardless of how you dress it up, at the end of the day, this role is a call center rep job. There is no room for promotion unless you invest 10-25+ years of your life in this role as a call center rep for a chance to become a manager or get a lateral transfer to another department. Don't get me wrong, for the pay and requirements of the job, it is more than respectable, especially with the benefits and retirement plan (15% annual salary yearly that is vested at 5 years). However, each and every day I wonder if I should be working my early working adult years at a dead end career job while getting yelled at by people who don't know the difference between a retirement account and a bank account. It's also worth mentioning management did not hire for the entire year of 2020 for this role and only one round in 2021 so far, while bleeding associates left and right. If you have have bills to pay, no skills, or options, this is a fantastic job with great benefits, retirement plan, and above average pay for call center work. However, if you are under the age of 35 and can afford or take the risk to go back to school for a hard skill, do it. It's not too late.

Pros

campus is beautiful

Cons

WFH is being evaluated, mandatory overtime

You get what you give

very good place to work. Diverse. Managers are supportive. training can be intense but you're learning a lot of information.

Pros

pay, events

Depends on your manager

If you get a good manager, it’s golden. Terrible managers ruin the morale though. They pick and choose who got to stay working from home. If that’s important to you, look elsewhere.

Working environment is great

I love working here. Leadership team is friendly and are involved in full staff meetings every month. Definitely makes you understand that what you do makes an impact in the company’s success. The CEO is at the office everyday and is very involved. The company has great core values, and they hold everyone to those.

Go ahead, stay a while

I've worked at CG for over 6 years and I absolutely love it here. The professional relationships and personal friendships that I have built whilst working at CG will last a lifetime.Had I not reevaluated life during the pandemic and decided to move to Las Vegas, I would definitely retire at CG.

Pros

Culture, people, growth, free milk

Great people, good management, company off-shoring jobs tho

Processes and systems are complicated, but there is a good support team and kind people to work with, this is a no-ego environment. When I applied for the job, it was framed as a Graphic Production position, but it's much more data validation and archiving. You do get to go home at 5 for the most part, and they encourage balance. Quarter End can be very hectic depending on your role, but there is a lot of support until you get the hang of it. At this time, there's just no security and a shrinking scope of work since Capital Group is exporting teams-worth of positions and requiring support until they can completely offshore as many local positions as they can.

Pros

Balance, schedule, low stress

Cons

not very exciting, questionable job security

Inclusive Company with great training

The company was great to work for. Everyone was very inclusive and caring. The job itself is very monotonous and boring. The first 9 months are exciting but then you realize it's the same thing everyday.

Pros

Caring Company & Co workers

Cons

Room for growth is very slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.1Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight