Capital Group

Capital Group Employee Reviews

Great company with amazing benefits
Wonderful company with a very friendly culture, and amazing benefits. Lots of required overtime in the customer service department during tax season. Team managers are pretty helpful with advancement.
I would not recommend
This place may be good for you as a first or second job. Outside of that I would not recommend. I left a full time job for this company and that wasn't the best choice. There is literally NO work life balance. Overtime is presented as optional when you are hired, but after its "The overtime is mandatory, not working it is a negative mark against you". Have kids? A part time job? Classes? any other responsibilities for your off hours? They don't care. Overtime is great but not when your literally being forced to work through all of your off days and an hour early plus an hour late on your scheduled days, it becomes extremely tiring. Majority of us struggle to stay awake at work because we are working THAT much. The past few months, they have taken every single off day we were scheduled. But, the employees who are higher in rank still get off on time and get their off days. Also, I have noticed ALOT of my co workers being fired ( ATLEAST 15) without good reason. You could clock in 2 minutes late its a negative mark, the marks add up. These reasonings do not make much since when they are forcing us to work extra already. You clearly need the people your firing over such small reasons. You have to sign in and out to use the restroom, your tracked as if your in high school. AND THEY STAND AT THE END OF YOUR ROW AND LITERALLY WATCH YOU ALL DAY, its so uncomfortable to feel like someone is staring you down. Some of them are very nice, but others have nasty attitudes when you ask them for help. Which is not okay because their job is literally to help. I know that this feeling goes for - more...
Good learning experience overall. Especially for anyone looking to work in the field. However, not much growing opportunities within the company itself.
Micromanaging
It was a difficult environment to fit into. They expected memorization for orientation and didn't shared good constructive feedback. You were also expected to work during PTO .
Excellent Company
Great Benefits, Excellent retirement benefits, health and dental insurance
Opportunity to advance. Long term company. Garage parking and excellent training .
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Not a good place to work. It was very click oriented. Trying to do better at your job is not possible with this type of company culture if you're not part of the accepted group.
You're not supposed to understand
I went through an employment agency to get this job. The second day of training they stated that I wasn't doing well with navigating my computer, which is odd because I've been working in a computer environment for over 5 years. What I assume this Investment Processor position to be is just a hiring factory for Capital Group, so that They can get credit for "creating jobs" when They are not. They are gaming the system and are basically committing fraud  because some people leave their stable jobs not knowing they will be fired in a week and a half. They don't teach the information and the info is given at a grueling pace. Stay away if you can.
Terrible! Don’t work here!
Management is super shady! They smile in your face and then have meetings to fire people the first and second weeks! If you ask questions they will fire you in training. The training SUCKS! NO JOB SECURITY! I was hired through an agency, scored excellent on both of my exit exams during training, then got a call from the agency I was hired through as soon as I got off that CG decided to end my contract !
Good company
This is a great company to work at. People are very nice. Company values associates. This company uses latest technologies. There is great potential to learn a lot.
A prison
Working for CG as an Investment Analyst is akin to working in a prison

Its horrible. You have to sign out to use the bathroom people.....the bathroom! I didn't have to sign out to use the bathroom....

WHEN I WAS IN COLLEGE!!!!
Not the Environment Advertised
The pay is extremely low for the expected work load, having mandatory overtime but soliciting work life balance is contradictory & a lot of the flex staff that are hired full-time have bad attitudes.
Outstanding
I would still be working here had I not had to relocate.
The pay was the BEST around for the position.

The benefits outstanding.

They truly care. It was family. They take great care of the employees and have fund events throughtout the year.
rock star benefits helps compensate for pay
The training is great. The micro-managing, not so great. associates encouraged to point out others errors. Watch your back. little advancement opportunity. Interview process is grueling at best. management is noticing turnover, and has added department games/puzzle stations, Who has time for that? Annual raise less that inflation.
Great Work-Life Balance
Great Company to work for. Company culture does feel dated and not too conforming to newer startup-like cultures. Great Benefits and work-life balance can be great depending on projects.
Excellent Employees and perks
Great benefits, but unrealistic expectations regarding job performance. Mandatory overtime for months without considering employees getting burnt out.
Pros
Perks
A great place to work
A good work environment. A team-based culture with employee participation on all levels. A typical day at work was morning team meeting. We would discuss projects and deadlines.
Pros
Flexible, telecommuting
Cons
On call
Great company
Great place to work. Job security,
Advancement, overtime available,

Benefits are outstanding, fun atmosphere

The staff is friendly and everyone works

Well together. I would recommend Capital Group.
Working environment
It is good place to work and able schedule your self to get coffee break anytime you like. Also have it own cafeteria if you want to eat inside the company and no need to drive around during lunch break. It can be also schedule your own meeting room around multiple building to host your own meeting.
I worked with the meeting planning group and the management was a dream to work for. They gave clear directions of expectation and duties. Trained staff on new programs to improve contribution. Wonderful teamwork with staff pitching in to assist on projects.
Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians
Keeping staffing levels up in a fast paced and growing area has proven difficult. Senior leadership can tend to flip flop & be less than clear on what the actual goals are, and in their support. Great pay and benefits. Generally nice people. Have unfortunately seen cases where bad behavior and toxic attitudes are overlooked/unchecked causing loyal good workers to have to suck it up because Sr Leadership “likes” them.
Pros
Benefits and pay. Retirement plan options.
Cons
Tolerance of toxic and negative people becoming norm. Staffing.
Great benefits and schedule; poor advancement, reviews, technical understanding, management
Great benefits - good pay, 20+ vacation days, 20 sick days (only 9 holidays).

Great work-life balance and hours.

Very poor opportunity for advancement.

Misunderstood and pointless performance reviews.

Lack of technical understanding from managers and directors; lack of appreciation of detailed work and skills - preferred speed and lack of features, no unit testing.
Pros
1 telecommute day, rideshare expenses, rare overtime
Cons
no promotions, wasted reviews, non-technical managers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Group. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Capital Group.