Capital Health Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 3, 2018
Staff was good, management was horrible, very cut throat. Medic units in good repair as was equipment. Large response area with very poor bls squads
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Na
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 16, 2018
I love the work I do. Enjoyed working for CHS. Had a great experience. No issues. Enjoyed the people I worked with. Made grate friends who I am still in contact with.
Productive and amazing experience
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 5, 2018
Working with Capital health systems definitely provided a lot of valuable experience that I believe I will be able to utilize in my future jobs. I loved working with Capital Health systems.
Pros
working with patients, learning new things, working with an amazing staff
Cons
Excellent - My Hospital work experience was the Greatest experience ever!
Public Relations/ Marketing- Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 4, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Capital Health System, within the hospital community. Myself and those around me exhibited excellence while working with patients and staff members. We loved striving to meet the needs of each patient, staff and volunteers. I would love to return.
Pros
Working with Medical professionals who "LOVED", working together for something greater, than themselves!
Cons
being laid off -
Staff love their residents. They work very hard and need recognized!
Mobile MDS Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHOctober 2, 2018
A typical day at work was very busy. I learned something new on a daily basis. Most management are helpful & honest with a few that are not so honest. The workplace culture is not bad.. As in any healthcare facility. Even though staffing needs meet the guidelines... more help is always needed. I wish everyone well. And hope that those that need to grow as a person and learn how to treat people with respect and honesty and find a way to do so. I wish them well also!
Needs Better Management and Pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJAugust 22, 2018
Management can be improved and it is one of the lowest paid hospitals in NJ.
Great teamwork and effort among colleagues.
Need to improve patient and employee safety
Capital Health's Summary
Patient Medical Rep (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJAugust 22, 2018
Capital Health's overall employment has decent jobs. Can't complain much. Good benefits that hard working adults need. along with Many different opportunities to expand your horizon.
excellent company
HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJAugust 14, 2018
HRIS was exclusive and thorough. They trust their employees to do the job, unobstructed. They are not micro managers. The tools, such as ADP or Lawson, provided the best resources for capture and analysis both in reports and data mining.
Very nice
Provider Enrollment Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 31, 2018
The people are nice, the building is nice, they have free coffee and breaks and lunch you have to have a flu shot and PPD. They have discounts on fun things to do
Emergency room nurse
Nursing Supervisor and Trauma Team Nurse (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 2, 2018
I worked at an emergency room staff nurse. My typical day was triaging patients, patient care and IV administration for the entire life span.

I worked 12 hour shifts.

Want to know more about Capital Health?

Ask a question
Work experience good, salary not great
Compliance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 14, 2018
For the most part Capital was a good place to work but I had a good supervisor who was understanding about certain things. The job itself was interesting and fast paced which I enjoyed. However, their salary scale was not the best and neither was their Paid Time Off policy.
hospital envirnoment
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJMay 9, 2018
Worse job that I even had due to hospital culture. Human resource was not helpful in changing upper management treatment of employees. A toxic place to work.
Pros
good salary
Unit Secretary, Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 6, 2018
The unit I worked in was a quick paced, high stress unit but overall the team unity among co-workers was pretty good. You always have a few bad apples where ever you are. The benefits are great. The unit had a new manager every year it seemed. Which after awhile definitely effected employee morale.
Productive workplace
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJMay 2, 2018
Capital Health have shown me everything that I know about housekeeping down to state regulations. Capital Health was a great company work for and they allowed me to show my growth as a lead.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 8, 2018
I love this job, The employees are nice, I love spending time around the babies, My trainer is awesome. the moat enjoyable part is when a baby passes the hearing test.
Not Bad
SALES AND MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Pennington, NJApril 1, 2018
Fast paced place of work. Cant complain. Great manager, Room for advancement. Enjoy working here, i work at night so its awesome. One thing i never enjoy is when am pulled to other floors, i love working on my floor.
A ok workplace not enough hours
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Pennington, NJMarch 28, 2018
I Love to work the trayline and traypassing . We have nice rewards when we all work together as one. I personally like working with people who do or don't need help to succeed in life.
emergency medical physician assistant
Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJMarch 21, 2018
each day is different working in emergency medicine. some days are more of urgent care patient and other days that has patient that require critical care. some days are with high acuity trauma.
Pros
each day is different
Cons
no follow ups
Receptioinist for all offices in two buildings
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 19, 2018
Very nice people to work for and with. very friendly and easy going staff. I learned a lot about Capital Health and all the functions of a secretary/receptionist/information desk. The workplace culture is less hectic than the hospital since it is more of an outpatient buildings with multiple specialty offices.
Easy
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 11, 2018
Excellent benefits, great fun people and doctors to work with- depending on the Dr. Very strict PTO policy with no grey between black and white. Medical assistants that work here have to work alot harder that the nurses.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
PTO accrual

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about