Capital Health Employee Reviews

Amazing! Just do more check-ins on Department Heads
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJFebruary 7, 2019
This was my dream company but as a new employee, I was bullied and harassed by my supervisor. I tried to do my best and push through the harassment but unfortunately I could not do it. I believe if the senior management team had more check-ins on all of their department heads this would have not happened. My supervisor had an extremely high turn-over rate, also, so I'm not sure why they continued to let this go on. I highly recommend Capital Health as a work place.
Pros
Everything - Benefits, Pto, Senior Management Team, Work Enviroment
Capital Health's Summary
Patient Medical Rep (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, NJAugust 22, 2018
Capital Health's overall employment has decent jobs. Can't complain much. Good benefits that hard working adults need. along with Many different opportunities to expand your horizon.
hospital envirnoment
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJMay 9, 2018
Worse job that I even had due to hospital culture. Human resource was not helpful in changing upper management treatment of employees. A toxic place to work.
Pros
good salary
Cons
Work experience good, salary not great
Compliance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 14, 2018
For the most part Capital was a good place to work but I had a good supervisor who was understanding about certain things. The job itself was interesting and fast paced which I enjoyed. However, their salary scale was not the best and neither was their Paid Time Off policy.
Unit Secretary, Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 6, 2018
The unit I worked in was a quick paced, high stress unit but overall the team unity among co-workers was pretty good. You always have a few bad apples where ever you are. The benefits are great. The unit had a new manager every year it seemed. Which after awhile definitely effected employee morale.
Staff love their residents. They work very hard and need recognized!
Mobile MDS Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHOctober 2, 2018
A typical day at work was very busy. I learned something new on a daily basis. Most management are helpful & honest with a few that are not so honest. The workplace culture is not bad.. As in any healthcare facility. Even though staffing needs meet the guidelines... more help is always needed. I wish everyone well. And hope that those that need to grow as a person and learn how to treat people with respect and honesty and find a way to do so. I wish them well also!
Love!
CPE Resident Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJanuary 16, 2019
Cant say enough about this place, great environment and just over all great experience. Job was a one year residency and management were amazing and supportive.
Nothing really bad to day, all was great.
Pros
Free lunch, great management and morale
Cons
Some long days
Not a bad place to work
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 3, 2018
Staff was good, management was horrible, very cut throat. Medic units in good repair as was equipment. Large response area with very poor bls squads
Pros
Cons
Poor management
follow review summary next.
Active Practicing Physician in Nephrology (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJDecember 1, 2018
Capital Health System is a non profit health care organisation
and has 2 campuses and is one of the largest employment source
in Mercer County
provides a very friendly job culture
daily noon conferences to promote advances in medicine
and enhance professional experience
provides recreational facilities
a lively cafeteria and a very relaxing and comfortable state
of the art medical staff lounge.
Easy
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 11, 2018
Excellent benefits, great fun people and doctors to work with- depending on the Dr. Very strict PTO policy with no grey between black and white. Medical assistants that work here have to work alot harder that the nurses.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
PTO accrual
Great
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJDecember 16, 2018
Great place to work I learned a lot from working here strengthened my customer service skills as well as my people skills enjoyed my time with this company.
Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJDecember 15, 2018
Very fast-paced family clinic. Working environment consists of several secretaries and nurses. Fast-paced and you will never be bored. A lot to learn if you are willing
Needs Better Management and Pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJAugust 22, 2018
Management can be improved and it is one of the lowest paid hospitals in NJ.
Great teamwork and effort among colleagues.
Need to improve patient and employee safety
Na
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 16, 2018
I love the work I do. Enjoyed working for CHS. Had a great experience. No issues. Enjoyed the people I worked with. Made grate friends who I am still in contact with.
Productive and amazing experience
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 5, 2018
Working with Capital health systems definitely provided a lot of valuable experience that I believe I will be able to utilize in my future jobs. I loved working with Capital Health systems.
Pros
working with patients, learning new things, working with an amazing staff
Cons
Excellent - My Hospital work experience was the Greatest experience ever!
Public Relations/ Marketing- Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 4, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Capital Health System, within the hospital community. Myself and those around me exhibited excellence while working with patients and staff members. We loved striving to meet the needs of each patient, staff and volunteers. I would love to return.
Pros
Working with Medical professionals who "LOVED", working together for something greater, than themselves!
Cons
being laid off -
Very nice
Provider Enrollment Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 31, 2018
The people are nice, the building is nice, they have free coffee and breaks and lunch you have to have a flu shot and PPD. They have discounts on fun things to do
excellent company
HRIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJAugust 14, 2018
HRIS was exclusive and thorough. They trust their employees to do the job, unobstructed. They are not micro managers. The tools, such as ADP or Lawson, provided the best resources for capture and analysis both in reports and data mining.
A very pleasant place to work
Patient Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJAugust 13, 2017
The hospital is a very friendly place to work, The management is
always trying to get input from workers to keep the flow of the workplace smooth and keep all employees up to date with changes that are being made.
Pros
good healthcare benefits
Cons
no pay raises
Balance
Registed Nurse- ICU staff (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJAugust 27, 2017
Offered opportunity to balance family, work, education, and health that ensured consistent compliance with employment. Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Health. Our community is ready to answer.