Capital Insurance Group Employee Reviews

There was work
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 20, 2018
Hard work and women are okay as long as they stay in subordinate positions. Women did not move up to technical type supervisory roles but maintained positions such as clerical supervisors. At CIG, it was a man's world.
Pros
There were decent benefits
Cons
Low pay and no opportunities for true advancement
Leave work at the door.
Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Work/home balance is the best part of the job. Training is hit and miss. Low wages and not many opportunities to advance. Supervisors are approachable but the director leads like a tyrant creating a negative and fearful culture. The turn over is extremely high so expect extremely heavy claim volume and lower than average pay.
Pros
Most supervisors and co-workers helpful
Cons
Upper Management; POOR LEADERSHIP
Stressful, but great place to work
Commercial Lines Rater (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 2, 2017
great place to work, only down issue was I have 2 kids that I couldn't predict when they were going to get sick, so it didn't work out because they felt I missed too much time, but my kids come first
Benefits
Cons
hard to make up time with their policy
Its one of those jobs you take until you find a better one
Claim Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 3, 2017
Under paid and over worked. Worked as a 1st party Auto Claim Representative in a call center environment. Management was not supportive with the large amount of calls coming in therefore there is always a high turn over of employees. Policyholders complained that there claims take too long in completion as they could not get ahold of the claim representative due to the large volume of calls coming in. However I did received the claim handling experience to apply outside of the company for a better paying job and better management.
Would not Recommend buying insurnace at CIG let alone working there
Meaningless minion (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 25, 2017
For fear of reprisal, I will say this, if given the choice based on what I know now, I would rather clean bat guano off of a cave wall than work for this organization.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, Poor Decisions Making, Poor Business Decisions.
Loved being a REMOTE employee.
Commercial Transportation Underwriter (Former Employee) –  REMOTEOctober 12, 2017
This position was a REMOTE position, which I absolutely loved. Not being in an office was a huge benefit for me as I was able to get more work done by not having distractions or interruptions from co-workers.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2017
Salary was not that of the larger companies but the work attitude and environment were excellent and made up for the pay. The company has moved to home based adjusters
Wonderful people under poor leadership
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 1, 2017
CIG's company values changed a great deal over the course of my employment with the company. Leadership or the lack there of, and corporate culture became an issue within the company. Many great associates were overshadowed by those with a poor vision or inadequate management skills.
Pros
Fellow co-workers, employee benefits, flexible scheduling
High volume and quality insurance.
Premium Accounting/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA 93940March 8, 2017
A very energetic and professional company to work with.
I liked working with clients and insurance agents by phone to help them with any inquiries.
Pros
Very good benefits.
Cons
Too many CEO changes.
Professional organization.
AGENCY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Treats employees fair and good benefits. Some underwriters over worked and need help. ESOP is a big plus.
Negative
Subrogation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 14, 2015
Over worked and under pay. No support from any managers or supervisors. The expectations are extremely high and un reasonable.
Engaging Workplace
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 22, 2015
This job is a great way to get in the door if you want to work in the insurance field. There is a great team of people to help you learn all the details of how the company operates on a day to day basis.
Not your typical insurance workplace
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 21, 2015
Hardest part of the job is maintaining patience while on the phone with upset clients and other agents. Best part of the job is the schedule. They are very flexible as long as you get in your 8 hours a day. Great for family life. Another great benefit of the job is that you get to learn the other side of insurance and be knowledgeable in personal life. For the most part, co-workers are great.
Pros
great schedule options, wonderful management team, good pay for job. They pay for your license.
Cons
on the phone for a large portion of the day, busy support team
Good work culture
ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Overlandpark, KansasAugust 24, 2015
good in work environment and very friendly and helpful colleagues.
very good support from management and my colleagues.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to LTE.
Great kitchen
Bodily Injury Claim Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CaliforniaJuly 9, 2015
Managers great. Fair. Fun co-workers. Long days. Helping customers was very rewarding. Now the tele commute. Learned to handle Total Loss claims.
Pros
Close to Visalia downtown.
Cons
High production expectations.
Productive and fun workplace, working from home.
Associate Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 3, 2015
A typical day includes:

Processing endorsements, issuing renewals and new business.
Communicating with my co-workers on a daily basis.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
ESOP and hour lunches
IT Department needs better management
Agile Coach (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 6, 2015
Days at work go past 5pm on a regular basis.
Consultants out number the FTE's
Hardest part of the job is changing priorities and changing resources.
Pros
Some great people
Cons
No breaks, teams not protected from change, long work hours, low pay, low moral
place of high ethics and learning
Business Analyst / Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 19, 2015
A good org with good people having good knowledge and always supporting . Always enjoyed the co workers company and the approach of organization to make employees bonded.
Claims Rep I
Claims Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 16, 2014
Overall CIG is a great place to work. The attendance policy is very strict and it is a live call center setting with HEAVY inbound calls. Not for those who do not want to earn a pay check. This is a job where you will actually have to work.

There are great medical benefits and bonus opportunities as well as the fact that it is an employee owned company and you have ESOP.
Nice enough
First Party Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 5, 2013
Super busy never enough staff to handle the volume of calls that came into the claim center. Mr. Boss man asked me if I was going to let anyone else take claims/work ? My response was well ya I cant stop them.Mr Boss man said The first 30 days that you started taking calls you took more than anyone at the Service center, I laughed and and said " in training I was told when and if we don't pickup the calls that ring through someone else is pulling your weight, and well do you know how much I weigh Mr. Boss man, we laughed and i was asked to share the calls. I was actually relieved, there was no way I could keep 100% on my closing ratio if I was taking the amount of claims that I started with. Most of Management did there own thing and didn't bother with me. I loved my coworkers. The hardest part was when Mr Boss left and the Mrs Boss started.
Pros
learned a great amount of respect for claim service reps.
Cons
there was not enough across the board structure, too much segregation of departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Capital Insurance Group Reviews by Location