Capital Medical Center Employee Reviews

fast pace and educational
LEAD RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 5, 2018
enjoy learning new things but only one rt in hospital on night shift. felt like i was putting my license on the line everytime there was too much going on for one rt
Pros
friendships
Cons
terrible management
Typical work day with lunch and breaks
Cashier, Accounts Receivable, Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMarch 5, 2018
A typical day was 4 10 hour days per week. I learned medical billing, electronic claim submission, payment posting, how to correct unclean claims, insurance follow up. The workplace culture was a little stressful.
Love working on the 2nd floor.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  ICUMarch 1, 2018
The team on 2nd is fantastic we work great as a team. I always feel that everyone has my back. The only downfall is that upper management could care less about overloading us but together we can handle it.
Cons
Upper management
busy office time flew by each day
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 22, 2018
Enjoyed my job very much, was very sad that the department was outsourced. Would Bill for Capital again in a heart beat but I doubt that the position will ever open back up again
Pros
very busy
Cons
Outsourced the billing dpartment
Lowest of the Low
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 6, 2018
I have been in healthcare for many years. I knew from the first day I went to work at Capital Medical Center that I had made the wrong move. It's not just that the place is for profit and everything is done as cheaply as possible, but there is a serious lack of caring and compassion by administration and coworkers toward each other and occasionally toward patients. There are serious infection control issues in patient care areas and the cafeteria. Unless you are truly desperate to work - for your sanity and self esteem - keep looking.
Poor Communication From Management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 5, 2018
Lack of knowing there would be major lay offs with no gaurenteed option of being able to stay with the company.

Unable to take PTO if needed for appointments due to staffing issues, but was not able to work over time in order to get work completed
Not a great place at this time
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WADecember 13, 2017
Due to all the management changes, it is very chaotic. Lots of empty promises like raises and job promotions. I do enjoy the people I work with and that is worth the stress.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
A little too unprofessional
Very busy for a small OR a fair amount of stress
Central Sterile Supervisor, Materials coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 17, 2017
Capital was a nice facility at one time, but aprox 18 months before I left they brought is some new management that caused a large turn over of staff in a short time. The management has changed in recent months and I a confident it will once again be a great place to work.
Staff really gave it there best
DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 27, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this establishment. The staff were kind and courteous to everyone. Management were able to listen. the hospital was clean and well laid out.
I had what I needed to get my job done and care for my patients.
Pros
friendly
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 13, 2017
Very poor care.
Wasn't noticed and urinated the bed says one patient.
Length of stay 2 days.
No way to get better.
Homeless get to eat and bath.
Homeless are given a bus pass to the streets in downtown.
Discharge happens to soon.
Small Friendly Hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 19, 2017
It's a small friendly place. Great people to work with and everyone seems happy.

Being small means they don't necessarily have all the resources necessary for proper staffing and it can be hectic because of it.
Pros
Quiet, small, frienldy
Cons
Not always enough staffing
Free Massages for Employees
Medical Receptionist & Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 17, 2017
Very relaxed and steady busy. Manager and Drs were great to work with. Hardest part was when patients were late and wanted to still be seen the same day with a full schedule already.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
healthcare
My co-workers are the best part.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 23, 2017
Working the mid shift. Once the day nurses go home, we tend to get left holding the bag of come what may. It may include: add on patients, dealing with schedule changes for the next day, late patients. Sometimes end up staying 3 hours over. Makes for a great paycheck though!
Pros
Love the atmosphere and my co-workers
Cons
Rarely get my break or lunch.
Hospital culture
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 13, 2017
Working at CMC has given me an up close look at the inner workings of a small hospital. I do not have direct contact with patients, meaning hands on, but I interact with them daily as an ER admissions representative. It can be a tough environment to work in because of the high volume of patients. Overall it is a great environment to work in and you meet a lot of caring healthcare professionals that highly value their jobs.
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 31, 2017
Being a CNA is never easy. Working in a hospital is stressful due to the nature of the job. Capital medical taught me more then I could ever learn. The staff members were great. Management though was rough.
Capital Medical Center is a good place to work.
PRN (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 26, 2017
Capital Medical Center is a good place to work. Need Pyxis machine in the OR area. Employees at Capital Medical Center work well together. Not too much politic, make it more enjoyable work environment
Pros
Pyxis machine
Cons
No scanner for pyxis machine
Horrible management
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 19, 2016
This place is a joke. I did my extern at this place and was moved around from place to place. There is drama that shouldn't be brought into the work place. If they have a problem with something your doing they don't talk to you about it in private they do it in front of other employees. There were high work loads, more than what one person should be dealing with. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. I had an interview with them after and they called to just talk about all the negatives they didn't like. Some of the people here are very rude and uncaring.
Cons
Poor management, workplace drama, unprofessionalism
Despite attestation - it is all about the bottom line
Management (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 9, 2016
First for profit hospital I have worked for and yes, it is all about the bottom line. Impossible to do the work asked for with the limited resources that are provided. You do not have the tools to do the job. Micromanagement abounds and if you speak your mind or refuse to do something that is wrong, you will pay the price. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Some of the staff are wonderful
Cons
great people, lots of good opertunties and good pay.
AM Cook (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 5, 2016
I would prepare all of the food for the faculty for both breakfast and lunch and the also provide ala carte room service menu options to our patients during these times.
I learned about therapeutic diets, modified textures and other dietary restrictions.
Management was nice, but not very good at holding people to their required level of job performance.
Co-workers are great people with warm hearts.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the gap of culinary knowledge and the level of quality.
The most enjoyable part of the job was creating the room service menu and doing all of the special catering functions to my whims.
Pros
great pay, strong union
Cons
large culture of complacency
This was a good palce to work they treated me well
Diagnostic Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 12, 2015
I liked the job there really. They just went union when I left and therefore it was a little sketchy, They didn't pay me as well as they could have at all. I enjoyed the job itself nut the management changed often and it is certainly not a non profit organization and that makes a difference. I preferred working in the evenings as there weren't so many fingers pointing at each other. I made good friends and still have them to date. I gained a lot of really good knowledge
Pros
knowledge base, I learned a lot, made good friends and had fun.
Cons
not enough pay and some of the people werent always so kind, I could tell the money was most important at times.