Capital One Employee Reviews

Na
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Sayville, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Ever-changing environment with no job stability, no areas for advancement. Hard work life balance, very stressful environment, areas and branches constantly closing. Great for someone starting out in their career. More of a who you know not what you know environment.
Data Entry
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 21, 2018
Your typical day would be key check amounts that would flash across your screen. You would have 2 try's and then you would have to pull the check and physically look at it. Extremely cut throat. You got paid on how fast you could key the check amounts.
Pros
Team building was expensive treats
Cons
stressful, to cutthroat
None . Its ok. Its nothing else to tell .. nothing
Customer Service Recovery Department (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 21, 2018
None. I just come to work, do my job and go home. Not a good environment . Nothing else to tell we come to work, do our job, and mind our business.
Cons
great company to work for
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 21, 2018
Overall a great place to work and learn about the many facets of credit cards and banking. Competitive yet fun atmosphere to work in, great benefits including tuition reimbursement and healthcare is a bit pricey but good. A company that gives back to the community and allows associates to participate in doing so. Great bonus incentives
Pros
monthly bonuses
Cons
healthcare pricey
Interesting, well managed place to work with fantastic benefits
Bank teller (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 20, 2018
Popular and busy bank with a strong focus on role structure and workplace culture. Take home pay is on the lower end for local banks, but compensation is made through the amazing benefits package and 401K matching.
Pros
Amazing benefits, focus on advancement, continuing education incentives
Cons
short breaks, lower than average take home pay
Upon Request
Executive and Event Support (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 20, 2018
Only available upon request. As my job and role were proprietary to Capital One. I hold the confidence of my employers and their customers as achievements to my job role.
it was horrible
Project Analyst II / Project Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 20, 2018
it was a lousy place to be as a contractor -- management is bad and your always the reason for anything that goes wrong because you will be the fall person
nothing to say
Front Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJanuary 20, 2018
Capital One wouldn't have been bad except I had several co workers in management that did not have management or people skills. I found hr violations and extreme poor people skills.
Management did not have experience
Corporate Litigation Rep/ Mediation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 19, 2018
The one thing I miss about this company is the vacation time. The management would not hire experienced people and management itself was not experienced in Mortgage either.
N.a
SALES AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 19, 2018
Little to no career advancement. Management was not interested in helping employees grow. Company as a whole was invested in their employees. Local management however was terrible.
Fast paced environment
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2018
Decent place to work. As a contractor, i was provided with all the tools to get my job done. Contract ended early. Team was good and supportive. Would recommend.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
stressful
Nice campus, with great amminities
Home Loans Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Capital One has very nice campus that provides full gym and health clinic. Four large kitchens that provide gourmet meals and nice areas for dinning in. Extra immunities include bicycles for getting around campus. Softball field and outside volleyball courts.
A learning experience
Unit Manager - Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Not the best support from management. Inconsistency with providing feedback from management. Management behavior isn't consistent with the values that Capital One attempts to foster.
Pros
Benegits
Easy and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 19, 2018
My job specifically was easy. Management was not great. The environment was awesome. good hours. pay was not that great. meetings were taken place to better our work.
Fast Paced
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2018
I choose not to provide information here since everyone's opinions may be totally different. My review would just be one of many based on their personal experiences.
typical day at work
Supervisor for Customer Service Coordinators (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 19, 2018
was very busy calls were steady and the work life was very please I enjoyed working with my peers the atmosphere was warm and inviting due to it being so relaxed in reference to having a dress down casual day everyday
Pros
loved working with my peers
Productive work environment that attempts to make work for and enjoyable for everyone
Product Owner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Capital One was a great place to work. We received free lunches, "fun days" (to Top Golf or bowling, or movies), great amount of PTO, and a great evolving campus. The work is challenging but not too stressful (probably depends on your department/role for this).
Pros
Benefits including PTO, great co-workers that work together with a great attitude
Cons
Pay is hard to increase to market value if you start lower
Great place to start career
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2018
I joined Capital One straight out of college and it was a great place to gain experience as an analyst. I learned the ins and outs of data analysis and presenting to leaders across all levels.
Productive and fun place to work!
Ecorrespondence Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2018
It was a great atmosphere and we worked really well as a team. I really enjoyed assisting customers via the Internet. This department was newly created in 2000, when I was there. It was exciting being a part of the initial team.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Low wages
Great company to work for
Suspicious Loan Review (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 18, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Capital One. There was a great work/life balance, good benefits and lots of perks like team fun days. The majority of the managers are also amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.