Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 6,748 reviews matching the search See all 7,093 reviews
Great atmosphere
Law Enforcement AML CIU Investigator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 18, 2019
It is a wonderful place to work , hope to get on permanently, preferable in Plano, TX or New Orleans location, . A typical work day is to come in an office environment that is positive, friendly and makes you want to be there. Everyone works well together and helps each other if needed. The management is awesome.
Pros
Co-workers
did not like capital ones handling of new hires
SR RISK REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 18, 2019
was hired for inbound customer service and in the 7th week (out of 8 weeks training) was told half of us would be in outbound collections. I would make applicants aware of the fact that they may not be getting the position they were hired on for
Horrible Culture
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 18, 2019
Want a promotion? Party with the boss! Not about business. Upper management at Capital One only cares about how much fun you are, not what you are capable of. Senior management has actually been heard to say that it doesn't matter if you are more capable of doing the job than another applicant. It depends on who you are friends with. Since they are the ones making those decisions,that is pretty sad...
Cons
Leadership, culture, advancement
comfortable enviroment
Small business operations (Former Employee) –  delawareJanuary 18, 2019
Actually the pre given statement is true ...Productive workplace with a ping pong table and cafeteria and fully filled gym ... For me the job was easy but for some it was hard.. i have been on the phones for years and allot of the employees were younger and not as seasoned.
Pros
food
Cons
movement
Fun and leran place.
ETL Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Excellent place to work on diversified technologies and high learning scope. Work life balance is giving importance to all employees. Hackathons are very impressive and encouraging all employees to participate in all events.
A great company to work for
Domestic Collection Production coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Great company to work for, with great benefits and company gathering. I learned a lot about collections and fraud policies as well as bookkeeping and cards services
Senior Agent (Be Warned)
CSR - Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 17, 2019
i work for capital one in the manual department, There's no 40 hours a week only 35 the insurance through united health care is awful and covers nothing don't bother to sign up for it and you have to pay a 40.00 co pay. I took outbound calls for capital one pretty much left voicemails all day maybe talk to 5 actual customers a day none of them want to pay 98% hang up or don't answer. Also there's been no bonuses or bonus structure since September 2018 no plans to fix it i guess. You have to hassle managers to put in your free time when you take a paid day off. The cafeteria and break rooms are always loud and packed can not find a seat some times. If you don't have kids or any dependents expect at least 250.00 in taxes to be taken out each check pretty much you have to work over time almost every other day to get a decent check and the first 5 hours is not over time because you have to hit 40 hours 1st since you only work 35 hours a week. Outbound/manual is so boring since you just leave voicemails all day 1 call equal 1 minute that goes by so the time drags they play music and leave tv on but the tv stays on cooking channel all day and is muted. You have to have lockers you can not have a single thing on your desk especially if its paper or anything to write with and no snacks or drinks either unless water bottle or in a spill proof cup. You also share your desk with other people so take your stuff home. Also a ton of rules very strict completely different from any call center I've ever worked for. You work at a desk but it's really a table because there's no where to store  more... or hide your things. You automatically go on the 4:15 to midnight schedule after training unless you put on your application you can not work after 6-8pm. You are allowed 6 sick days per year paid only if you have the free time available but you can't use any cool things like that until you been with company 90 days flexing is another one. FMLA after a year. This job is for a first job seeker or a person leaving high school. No one trying to advance, you get promoted to lead or mentor but there is no raise until you hit supervisor status please don''t go here for benefits either. Speaking of supervisors most are all young like 25 ish and have no clue what they doing.  less
Pros
Over time
Cons
pay, benefits, lockers, rules, hours
Excellent Work Environment
District Administrator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75024January 16, 2019
I enjoyed working at Capital One. Comfortable work environment, upbeat and pleasant co-workers, fun manager and excellent benefits.The new campus was awesome and offered covered parking.
Risk Coordinator (Collections)
PRINCIPAL RISK COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Typical day includes calling accounts that are 60-90 days past due. Metrics are based on variety of things that you cannot control and your bonuses are dependent upon how much you collect and your rank amongst other collectors. QA dept is very unfair and will lie and probe your phone calls just so you won't be eligible to receive bonus. Alot of "red tape" at this company and moving up is highly unlikely unless you are buddies with management or a tattle-tale on other grown up. Only thing good about this company is the the health insurance (BCBS) that you pay for.
Fun working place
Senior Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 16, 2019
Typical days of the work is in agile. So each member in the team knows what need to done for the day. Team comes to help if I am stuck with something. Management is flexible to work with. Capital is not a place for novice and lazy to learn. It gets harder for them to work there not willing to learn something new. I like the retrospectives, fun times and luncheon with team.
productive and playful
Advance Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Capital One Bank is a wonderful place to work. I learned so much about Business Banking. Before leaving my Manager was such a delight as well as the fun going nature of the culture. The hardest part of the job is to deliver a No to a customer asking about their finances or lack thereof. The most enjoyable part turning the previous situation around also the fun that the company allows the workers to have.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
Banking pay was not enough
Great Growth Opportunites
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2019
Capital One offers great programs to grow your career. There are opportunities to connect with Mentors and learn other lines of business. More than just a bank this company is very tech savvy.
it was a great experience
Branch Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 16, 2019
it was great. best thing about capital one is they do not push product to customer. so you can help customer. the management is very good . they teach you everything. you have to do everything by yourself,
My Review of Capital One
CONTENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 16, 2019
I had a great career with Capital One. I was given lots of room for advancement and my ideas were implemented on several projects. I had remote working capabilities which gave way for work/life balance.
Pros
Employee recongnition
Cons
Site Closure was common
Great Company
Senior Operations Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 15, 2019
It is a great place to work. The management could be better but overall it was nice. Very good benefits and many opportunities to advance your career.
Rewarding Company to work for
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 15, 2019
Working at Capital One was a rewarding job. I learned a lot from this company, things that I can use on my next job, as well as in the future. I will recommend this company in the future as a great company and will always do business with the company.
I worked at Capital One as a contractor - AML
AML Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed working at Capital One. I was a contract worker and we did not have access to total employment opportunities. However, what was available to us to participate in, I did.

Thanks,
Pros
could skip lunch to leave early
Cons
contracy position
Place has changed overtime from a great to not so great place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Pros
Good Benefits:
Pay
Health care and gym onsite
good cafe

Cons
competitive not collaborative
leaders not connected to most org
frequent changes
growth very hard
Productive and laid back workplace that puts employees first
Associate, Brokerage Operations (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Capital One has a great employee-first culture, and they provide numerous above and beyond resources to ensure the happiness of their people.I am not leaving the company by choice, it is unfortunate that corporate layoffs determined the outcome of the employment.
Pros
bikes, cafes
Cons
corporate decision making
No thanks
Customer Service, Research (Former Employee) –  Mattituck, NYJanuary 15, 2019
I quit a few short months before the Capital One Operations branch in Mattituck shut down. Workers were forced to get laid off or to relocate to Virginia. I learned a great deal about branch operations, but the income was not enough to support myself and my child.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Hourly Wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K
42.3K
31.3K

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

81%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

97%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss