Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 7,246 reviews matching the search See all 7,647 reviews
good place to work.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2019
This company really does its best to make sure its employees are happy there. Benefits are great and room for growth. Took me two times to get hired but don't let that stop you. It is definitely worth a couple of attempts.
Great
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 14, 2019
I joined as part of the TDP program. This program helped me grow as an engineer and opened several opportunities for me through out Capital One. At Capital One you will work with one of the more modern tech stacks and be required to take ownership of your application(development,testing, monitoring, infrastructure, etc.) Overall Capital One is a great company to work for.
Capital one is an amazing company
Fraud intake specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, floridaJune 14, 2019
I've never worked for a company that cared so much for their employees. Everytime management takes a new course of action. Employees are told what to expect and are never left in the dark. They have wonderful benefits. Wonderful associates. Great place to work. Salary is fair.
Just a Great place to work...
IT Field Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisiana and TexasJune 14, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Capital One and the experience I gained was a plus. I was able to further my knowledge toolkit and also gain both a network of professional and personal relationships.
Positive remote working experience
Senior Software Engineer ( telecommute ) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2019
Capital One had a work-from-home option which suited me well. My teammates were all whip-smart and friendly. The position motivated me to learn and grow.
Opportunity Abounds
Digital Resolution Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 13, 2019
If you want diversity in all aspects, here's your place. Want to be anything and do anything, here's your place. Opportunities abound here and the sky is the limit, based on how hard you want to work.
Capital One Sucks
Senior Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 13, 2019
They will fire you for anything any reason. even after any time frame from 1 year to 40 years, they dont care. Lots of favoritism and fake people. It feels like ur in the brady bunch. bunch of stupid meetings.
Great place to work. Dont back you up when they want you gone
LeadTeller/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MarksvilleJune 13, 2019
Disappointed with the way they handle things.
Overwork, dont work there. The manager has his picks and if you are not in his picks he looks at you like your nothing.
Not a bank
Universal Branch Banker (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYJune 13, 2019
If you want a job at a bank this is not the role. In theory they are a bank but don't operate like one, its retail but with money instead of t-shirts or coffee.
Great company to work with
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 12, 2019
A typical day starts with a stand up meeting. Management gives a lot of freedom to use new technologies if a person has time and willingness sky is the limit.
401k and bonus is the best in the industry.
Sometimes if you are allocated to the less visible project, career progression might not happen, but it's like in any company,
Great place to work and learn
Vice President, Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 12, 2019
Capital One was a great place to learn and develop your skills, most managers and senior employees were actively involved in your advancement. The division I worked in was not a high earning division or the focus of the company direction at the time, although we didn't get the attention from corporate that other areas got, we were respected and given all opportunities to succeed.
Pros
Flexible, great people, great future
Cons
Limited resources for certain departments, job cuts happened often
Please see the the star rating
Cyber Engineering - RTE and Project Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 11, 2019
Please see the the star rating but to that, it depends on the tower you work in and the management chain you report to. It started out well but when my manager moved, it changed a lot. Also, the vp made some bad decisions from my point of view. Also important, their performance management has many flaws. I have been told, the performance management system was copied from by G.E.
Productive and fun workspace
Quality Assurance for Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 11, 2019
I enjoyed my time with Capital One. They invest in employees and ensuring good associate experience. I always thought keeping your associates happy causes a chain reaction. Happy associates means higher engagement and then a happier customer.
Pros
Work life balance, benefits, on site gym & heath facility
Best company I'v ever worked for.
REO Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 11, 2019
Would love to work there again. Great people, Great culture, and Great leadership. Love the working environment a ton of room to grow. Definitively changing banking for good.
Good Company
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJune 11, 2019
Good company to work for. Great benefits and vacation policy. The facility is taken care of and clean which provides a good working environment. ...
Capone
Agile Delivery Lead/Agile Coach (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 11, 2019
Outstanding working environment at Capital One. They definitely provides you with the tools to succeed. Everyone within the company is made to feel welcomed.
Pros
Great learning environment
I had fun working at Capital One
Teller IIl (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 10, 2019
The job was fun and constantly learning with a good manager how ever once management changed it became unbearable especially since new manager had know clue what being a manager inteled nor had people skills to keep the branch success going
Pros
team environment
Cons
some very intense customers sometimes
Ok, but needs improvement
Principal Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2019
During my time at Capital One, I've seen a fair bit of change and and quite a bit of talent walk out the door recently. A lot of the teams are working on assignments that they aren't very interested in, and the compensation isn't up to par with the rest of the major tech firms in the area. Work life balance is fine, though, as long as you're willing to make the move towards having it. They will let you work as much as you want, but there's no penalty for not working late.
Best Place To Work
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 10, 2019
Capital One is a great place to work. It is a collaborative environment, where your opinion matters. Employee satisfaction is at the top of their list and the voice of the employee matters. If given the opportunity to return I would go back without question.
great place to work
Fraud Detection / Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 10, 2019
i love cap one. great place to work. been here for years... would recommend to my family and friends. great managers and coworkers. i love it her. awesome!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.

53K
42.5K
31.4K

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight