Capital One

United States9,153 reviews

Found 9,153 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,704 reviews

I loved it there!

Featured review

Capital One selected this as a representative review
So sad i had to leave Capital one but this is by far the best company I’ve ever worked for. I have nothing bad to say about this company. From the day i became an employee they treated me like family every where i went. I work at the jrc location & the environment was different from what i was use to. Everyone was pretty cool most supervisors were helpful and the co workers was cool as also. When everything happened with COVID they were quick to respond. When things were in the media about BLM they were quick to respond in a positive understanding way. Love it. However If you are planning to work in collections please know you need to have patience and bring your A game to collect money.

Pros

Pto, Inclusiveness, Growth & Development

Cons

Very Strict Guidelines for performance

Good workers are rewarded

Great company to work for. I've been promoted several times due to my hard work and dedication to the job. Your willingness to shine will be rewarded.

Pros

Good Benefits, above average pay, work-life balance, number of PTO's, 401k match

Cons

Opportunities are limited beyond 100 mile radius from their designated Hub locations.

Progressive and Inclusive

Level of satisfaction increased if you are in the correct role and have supportive leadership. Organization changes can impact satisfaction in role and longevity

Pros

Great company mission and increasingly moving to advance technology in banking

Cons

Reorgs often, which change direction of work and can impact satisfaction

Mothing

You haven't defined your core values. ... Your managers aren't following the core values. ... There's a lot of gossiping around the office. ... You're experiencing a high employee turnover rate. ... You see unhealthy competition between employees. ... Many employees are often late or absent from work. ... Your employees rarely take lunch breaks.

Overall an OK company, nothing special

The company had a good culture till the beginning of 2021 but with the exodus of employees for various reasons, mostly related to advancement and lack of cohesive vision(each leader has their own agenda), a lot of teams at the company are struggling to meet even the easiest of deadlines because of the loss of knowledge along with the employees and the management couldn’t care less.

Pros

Work life balance for newbies, relatively latest technologies

Cons

Over ambitious management, disconnected from reality, mostly managerial talk with little action to solve issues

Good job with good benefits. They hire the best so it's a competitive environment.

It's a difficult place to get into because of the competitive nature of the environment. They want the right people with the right skills. With that being said, the bar is always moving so it's hard to get anything other than strong (median) performance ratings unless you happen to get into a team with some time for big projects.

Capital One

Great company to work for in the back offices. However, when I transitioned to front office, things were a bit different. Not as much growth or room to grow. It really turned into a who you know and if managers decide to transition upward or leave. In branch positions I would not recommend unless you are going to school and need a job. However, outside of this you must expand into a back office type of role for sure.

Room to Improve and Grow within your professional career

I love working here for many reasons but the main one is the constant push they give you to grow yourself professionally! Plenty of resources AND opportunities within Capital One to do so!

Loved my time here

Everything was amazing while working in the office, once COVID started and they sent us to work from home is when the issues started, a lot of tech problems. But the company itself is awesome, they really treat you like family! Great pay and benefits from day 1.

Excellent all around

Excellent pay benefits Pto, managers are there to help when you need it, coaching available, plenty of room to move up. You can make your career what you wan tot to be just hyebtarting out on the phones

Pros

Cons

None!

Not Bad but not great

The management was very involved with loads of encouragement. The job was just very tedious and you had to take a lot of abuse over the phone. The days just felt like forever. The compensation was great for the task you were expected to do and the Benifits were also a perk.

Pros

Snacks, fun events, free lunch, atmosphere

Cons

The Phones, customers, constantly having to review calls

Easy job. Great company to work for.

Typical Day is helping customers with transactions, enrolling in Online Banking and opening accounts. I've learned alot about Federal regulations and being vigilant about account activity. My direct manager is very supportive and always looking to help advance in the company. Workplace culture is very inclusive and innovative. Always working on the next best thing. Hardest part is explaining why you have to call customer service for a customer issue when they are in branch in front of you. The best part is my coworkers and Fun holidays we celebrate.

Great pay and flexible schedules

This company has great pay and benefits. They also have a variety of schedules to offer. Lots of development opportunities. Great work life balance. Just the customers can be very rude.

Great job, underwriting can be difficult

Overall, great company and job. The hardest part is getting underwriting to raise credit limits on the customer's card, so they can use it for their larger ticket invoices.

Fantastic company to work for

Wonderful company that is financially successful, truly concerned about the welfare of its employees, and passionate about the mission.Good deal of politics in middle management layers, but there is generally a commitment to working through it.

Pros

Flexibility, great colleagues, interesting work

Cons

A little chaotic

No real growth and very cliquish

I enjoyed the time at my cafe however very discouraging if your high energy. They told me I see life from rose color lens and I’m constantly compared to a old spunky colleague they still criticize. It’s draining and not a happy place to work for me. The perks are the upfront PTO and flexibility. Set schedule which is nice and benefits. They talk about a lot of old employees and it makes me uncomfortable. It’s not a welcoming environment and maybe my expectations were too high coming from my background. Some nice people there but not all. For it to be a digital bank we were so behind and always telling customers what we can’t do. I don’t think the company hears the employees. It’s a comfortable job but no real growth. The advancement seems scarce in my opinion. Free food monthly and swag. My manager was nice but that’s it.

Pros

4 weeks PTO upfront. Free lunches

Cons

Cliques, limited to how we can help customers.

Online training is a massive dump of information

Online training: a large dump of informationLearn something you might have to unlearnPractice modules are not practical for real life Manager ghosted me for more than 3 days and would not call or respond to messages. Trainers explain that should you need more time for training , they will provide. That was not the case. I was told I would not receive a bonus until after a month of working. I received it in my first paycheck without knowing, and yes due to not staying a year I'll have to repay that.

I was let go during the holidays no reason given.

I was let go December. My team was not supportive my manager was never there to help. I felt like I didn’t have the support I needed. When they let me go my finances went to bad. I was almost evicted, my kids had no Christmas gifts. It was the worst. They left a sour taste in my mouth. Maybe wasn’t the company just the team was horrible. My manager was never available didn’t seem interested helping me.

Great company poor room for growth

Love capital one they are great with amazing benefits I just hate there’s little to no room for advancement in my department the need to fix that! MostManagers are great too’

Pros

Benefits work life balance

Cons

No room for advancement

Fun

Easy going people that . The pay would be my only issue . They don’t want to pay but expect you to give you all . They don’t micro manage which is a plus

Fun workplace but boring work

A lot of perks and incentives. Decent pay for the job, good management and evaluation processes to help you meet goals. Customer service Jobs are always tough at times.

Common questions about Capital One

Answered by current and former employees at Capital One

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Capital One.
Powered byComparably