Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 6,308 reviews matching the search See all 6,626 reviews
Pretty decent as far as entry level, no degree needed goes
Online Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 23, 2018
Would recommend to work there but only as a temporary position but the growth potential is an illusion. You can work your way up but if you start as a person taking calls like I did, growth is harder. Skip being a customer support agent!
Pros
Great culture, Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, Fear Driven Metrics
great company
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 23, 2018
great place to work for i love the environment and i love the people is a close walk from my house and it is right down town from all the good place to eat the people treat you good and the company does to
face paced
Business Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 23, 2018
simple job computers do most of the work for you. a day at work would be answerings phones helping caount on the business lines and assisting clients into and out of the vault as well as reffering them over to custmer service
Pros
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 23, 2018
Very productive
Family atmosphere
Recognition
Awards
Constant updates regarding status of company
Philanthropy
Gymnasium
Able to be promoted from within
Pros
Free lunches/. Paid time off/ recogniton
Cons
Laid off
Depends on the Department
Contractor (Former Employee) –  WestcreakSeptember 22, 2018
Very well paid regardless of department, however you will earn every penny depending on the department you are assigned to, one of my least favorite places I've worked, and I love to work.
It was a great experience, I learned my purpose
Universal Branch Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrick, NYSeptember 21, 2018
Capital One is changing within a blink of an eye. Recent cuts to lower bottom line. No one is really secure in their position. Many branches are closing. Working low on staff. Great room for growth and development in oneself. You definitely learn hands on sort of speak.
Pros
Vacation, Benefits
Cons
Lower pay for more work
Very disappointed with management in Payment Operations of Commercial Bank, however other areas are much better. I’m
Wire Authentication And Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 21, 2018
I loved my time at Capital One, however I managed a large team that required my presence daily. In 2016 I encountered serious health diagnosis which required 4 major surgeries. My absence made it necessary that I resign because I couldn’t successfully perform my role.
Pros
Culture, beautiful campus, amazing amenities, excellent benefits, friendships
Cons
promotion opportunities are limited, some management not trustworthy or loyal
Overall
Small Business and Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 21, 2018
Capital One is a great place to work. The only place for improvement is their Advancement placement, and salary. Capital One has wonderful training programs. Overall I would recommend working for Capital One Bank!
Director, Credit Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2018
I loved my time at Capital One. You are surrounded by very smart people who are also caring and supporting. It is place that is very analytical and data driven in making decisions, yet the people are nice and down to earth.

By 4:30 pm every was gone for the day, so there is a very healthy work life balance. Overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere; collaborative work environment
Cons
Slow promotion cycle; lots of meetings
Not the best place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 21, 2018
I worked as a temp contractor for the mortgage dispute dept. It was the worst position I had ever held. There were all girls in the dept and the manager basically took orders from his employees.
Great Company
Sr Risk/Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2018
Great Company to work at. Would recommend to someone. Great Facility. Great People. Great Benefits. Great Cafeteria. Great Atmosphere. Pleasure working there.
Great work culture
Senior Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 20, 2018
great work culture. they pour alot into their employees. They alway had something going on and feed you every holiday or special occasion. management was very good and helpful.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
changing schedule
A great place to work as long as you are not in a branch
Branch Manager II (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 20, 2018
Not what they used to be. Hidden agendas coupled with smoke and mirrors about your career options. Superstar today and fired tomorrow when they decide to close your branch.
Its a Bank so there lots of red tape
Master Platform Engineer-Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Its very difficult to get projects completed on time due to the red tape that everyone has to go through to get permission on anything. The employee evaluation process is horrible. Each Capital One department has to rate at least 12% of their staff in a "failed to meet standards" bucket during annual evaluations. This means if your teams consists of 10 people and you all did exceptional work, one of you has to be rated within the 12% required.
Great Company
Sr. Ops Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2018
Capital One is everything you want in a career. Great leadership and management. Amazing culture of people that work at Capital One. There are many perks to being an employee at Capital One.
productive and workplace with a pingpong table
Customer Service Coordinator - Loyalty Department (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Capital One was the best company I've ever worked for. I would recommend anyone there. The managers were great and the work culture there is amazing!!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Fun place to work at.
Bilingual Sr Risk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2018
I made a lot of new friends at Capital one, it was a very friendly environment. I enjoyed working with my managers and learning new things. I also loved the team outing it was nice to get a little break every now and then.
Great Environment
Field Auditor - Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2018
The work environment is very inclusive and everyone is great. i learned alot of new skills that i will able to take along with me on my career path. This company is very transparent with all it benefits.
Great Place to work
CUSTOMER RETENTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working here, as they appreciated hard working employees. There was room for advancement and growth within the company as well as continued training.
Pros
Dress comfortable, positive management, flexible hours
Satisfying mandatory requirement
Senior Auditor - IT (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 19, 2018
I am only completing this review because it is a mandatory component of the registration process.

I really have nothing to say about the company. I joined as part of an acquisition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K
42.2K
31.2K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

81%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

97%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss