Capital One

Found 9,220 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,777 reviews
bankingbankbalancebranchculturebenefittellercredit

I loved it there!

Featured review

Capital One selected this as a representative review
So sad i had to leave Capital one but this is by far the best company I’ve ever worked for. I have nothing bad to say about this company. From the day i became an employee they treated me like family every where i went. I work at the jrc location & the environment was different from what i was use to. Everyone was pretty cool most supervisors were helpful and the co workers was cool as also. When everything happened with COVID they were quick to respond. When things were in the media about BLM they were quick to respond in a positive understanding way. Love it. However If you are planning to work in collections please know you need to have patience and bring your A game to collect money.

Pros

Pto, Inclusiveness, Growth & Development

Cons

Very Strict Guidelines for performance

Good WLB

Good WLB on most teams, never had to work more than 40 hrs per weekSubjective performance management High attrition Lack of strong technical leaders Mediocre middle management

Capital One insights

Based on 2,215 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Great coworkers and awesome benefits. Pay is also competitive. K

Was not a good place to work years ago, no raise in 10 years and horrible manager. Finally got a good raise and a new manager (not much better) and loved my job. Always had great reviews but was laid off with no reason given and replaced with younger employee.

Pros

Nice work environment and great benefits

Cons

Laid me off with no reason, and I had to stay while they interviewed and trained a younger person to take my place

Really Great Company

Really great company truly the people are very welcoming and helpful.Managers are very understanding just a great experience and fun place to work.I love capital One!

Pros

Very diverse

Cons

Pay is fair could be better

Great vacation and pay

Awesome vacation and work from home the benefits and pay are great as well they take teams put for a fun day once every 3 months. Or they did b4 covid not sure if they still do.

Pros

Vacation and benefits

Cons

Back to back calls

Decent comp, good work life balance, horrible manager and culture

The work I do feels meaningless and is unappreciated (work in finance). I have a degrading and unsupportive manager who does not develop me but rather makes me feel like I am bad at my job. It may differ depending on your team and direct manager, but unfortunately I got stuck with a horrible manager that has made working at Capital One a bad experience. The only positives of working at Capital One for me have been the decent pay and the flexibility (fully remote, typically don't work overtime).

Pros

Decent pay, work life balance/flexibility

Cons

Horrible culture, mundane work

Work from home

Easy going work from home environment and has flexible schedule. Starting hours aren’t the best but the pay and flexibility make up for it. Good benefits and management listens.

Fast paced with poor performance management

Innovative company although it can never shake the CEOs belief that a forced distribution based performance management model drives positive behaviors. Managing up and optics within one's management team is valued more that hard work. They will continue to bleed talent which is a concern. Pay is on par with similar companies, but not differentiated. Quick promotions up to the Manager level if you have a degree and fortitude to manage up. Above Manager level is a harder task to get promoted.

Good place to working

Good place to work at a cafe is fast pase environment and a lot of cleaning for costumer safety, the manager are very professional and worth working there.

Popularity Contest

It is extremely difficult to advance in your career here unless you're popular on your team. The performance review process is extremely subjective and biased.

Bank Teller

I worked as a bank teller for Capital One for two years. Training was very thorough and pretty straight forward. They really do their best to set you up for success. The actual job was overall fine, some rude customers but that's expected.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

not very flexible

Good

It’s ok to work at for-real and it has free lunch managers are good and this job is for high school kids I hope y’all enjoy and be safe and have fun because it’s needed

Pros

Free linch

Cons

Low pay

Best job I've had

I loved my job at Capital One as an AML Investigator. However, it does depend on the manager you get. Some are great, some are awful. In the end, I ended up moving on as I moved to be closer to family. I wish they would have changed the work within 100 mile requirement.

Horribly demeaning management and environment

Not even paid well enough to make up for the fact that no one there treats you like a human, management or customers. The shifts were slow and the coffee is bad. Not a single friendly customer and the workplace environment was more toxic than anywhere else I’ve ever worked.

Good Pay stressful company

Company is good pay Constant issues with the systems and changes that the customers can not keep up with and no notification when things are changes i

CapitalOne is reshaping the future of banking

Great company to work with with great benefits. Only down side if you worked in a branch was that you didnt get much opportunity to transfer to the corporate office but I have heard that they have made that comparatively better now.

Great company

Amazing experience and cousins ask for a better job. Lunch break are great. Smoking breaks aren’t good. I think the managers should have more one on one days with the new employees.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work and life balance

Great culture!

This company is absolutely amazing! Never worked for an organization who cared so much about their employees! The people truly stick together and management is very helpful and consistent.

Productive and fun workplace, as long as you have the right manager

My first 5 years at Capital One were amazing and flew by. About 6 months before I left, my direct manager changed, and the new manager was not a good fit for me.

Nice place to work

Employees are smart and talented. Good work life balance and solid compensation and benefits. Only downsides is the culture is heavy on PowerPoint presentations and it suffers from the same issues other large companies probably have in speedy execution.

Very caring and employees are rewarded for their overall contributions

Management keeps employees informed, engaged and the workplace is fun and there is a feeling of inclusion and belonging. Associates are treated with dignity and have many resources for development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Capital One.
Powered byComparably

Compare Capital One with

Capital One reviews by popular job title

• Capital One
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?