Capital One Employee Reviews

42K
31.1K
Found 5,783 reviews matching the search See all 6,078 reviews
na
Business Banking Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 10, 2018
I really didn't like working at Capital One the culture wasn't one that I enjoy, there was a lot mis- management there. I would never recommend working here
Never had a job like this
Senior Advocacy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJune 10, 2018
I absolutely loved working for Capital One because of the people, the atmosphere, and work-life balance. There is so much room for growth and they invest in your personal development.
Capital One
VBA Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2018
Honestly it's a great place to work - I would recommend it to anyone. Management is great, the culture is fantastic. They expect a lot of you, but compensate you well
Principal Systems Coordinator
IAM Processor Access Support (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 8, 2018
Typical work day. On-boarded agents and submitted access that is needed for our suppliers, Project lead assigned work to the processors, Handled escalated issues via e-mail or phone.
Stressful
Teller/ATM Custodian/Operations (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 8, 2018
They give you PTO time that you are required to "schedule" at least 2 months in advance, if you are sick and ask to use your PTO, it is considered unscheduled PTO and you can get wrote up for using it without it being scheduled ahead of time.
Fun place to work
SR. COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 8, 2018
Capital one is a great place to work. They have great benefits. They allow tattoos and piercings. They are very flexible with scheduling. Co-workers are very friendly. They believe in work hard play hard moto
Pros
Pto, friendly environment
Cons
Lots of calls
Great Place to work and grow skills
Sr. Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 8, 2018
Great place to work, management supports learning and growth for new opportunities. Growth for different opportunities are numerous on different sites for different upward mobility options.
Good place to work but watch out for the layoffs
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 8, 2018
Capital One needs to decide what it wants to be when it grows up. I enjoyed my time here and learned a lot but during the 10 years that I was employed, i was laid off or had my job eliminated or outsourced 4 different times because executive management decided to change course and not offer a product or service they once embraced. The culture is great, and they take good care of their employees. . . . until the axe drops and then it's so long and good luck with your next opportunity!
Pros
Culture, employee benefits
Cons
Sudden changes in strategy that result in massive layoffs
Exciting I love working
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2018
My typical day at work consist of helping people face to face, performing transactions. problem solving and coaching my tellers. I also perform management duties, review and approve operational paper work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we work together as a family and we all make sure that everything is done correctly. Excellent team player.
Pros
working with wonderful people
Cons
No room for advancement
Very productive and fun place
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2018
It’s a great environment and the company is amazing.

I will recommend capital to everyone if I could.

Capital employee become your family and more amazingly it a place you will love to work at.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Some branches only give 30min lunch
Productive and challenging place to work
Full-stack developer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 8, 2018
Capital One offered the ability to lead in new technologies and at the same time ensure quality code builds through production. The workplace culture was one that encouraged innovation within the financial sector. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to improve upon existing technologies to better the companies direction.
Pros
Flexible work space
Short term contract
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA 23060June 7, 2018
handling RSA security issues
how to administer the RSA token system
sales, task oriented, innovative
being trade by someone with no patients or personality
meeting new people and learning new skills
Pros
nothing special
Cons
no health care
Work @ Home
Personal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 7, 2018
I am a Capital One employee of 5 years. As of June 2017, I accepted a position to work from home. A typical day of work consist of taking calls regarding fraud, disputes or processing payments to a credit card account. What I've learn is that, although I work from home, the position I work is no less complexed than it was when I worked in a Capital One facility. Capital One is the most diverse company I've ever worked for. I love that my co-workers actually feel like my family members. I enjoy celebrating holidays and planning surprise parties for them. The most difficult task of my job is knowing I can't satisfy all my customers.
Pros
Benefits and Perks. Flexibility regarding work shift
Cons
none.
Different workplace
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Rockaway Park, NYJune 7, 2018
Capital One is one of the few institutions that is actively taking a step toward the digital age.The acceptance of online banking and transitioning many features to online is Capital One's strong point.
Large Corporate Culture
Senior Manager IT (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 7, 2018
Corporate culture. Very few promotions and very competitive. Frequent reorganizations with layoffs. Work/life balance depends on the department/role.
Pros
It's a very large Corporation
Cons
It's a very large Corporation
Capital One Investing is a great place to learn and to grow your career.
Quality Assurance Principal (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 7, 2018
Capital One Investing management encouraged a growth environment and made the job enjoyable. Learning the task can be the hardest part, and taking on extra work is most enjoyable.
Pros
Birthday acknowledgement each month, free lunch
Strict enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 7, 2018
Rapid workload . It was a strain attempting to use the accumulated PTO. Coworkers make it fun to come to work. Holidays were not compensated. Not many incentives were available.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
High Turnover
Love, Love, Love
Account Resolution Coordinator, Estate Calls (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 7, 2018
I take inbound calls from the love ones of deceased Capital One customers. I love it here and have no complaints. This is an inclusive and diverse environment where you can take ownership of your career and development.
Pros
fun, great pay and benefits, great work/life balance
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJune 7, 2018
The culture of the company was great and also the people that I worked with. Great benefits. Great customer service skills. Amazing work schedule and great incentives. Sad to see job site close.
Pros
Best manager
Cons
Site closed could not relocate.
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 6, 2018
I did not work at Capital One to give an accurate review. The experience I had there was fine. There was not enough opportunity for me to advance to the salary level I desired as quickly as going back into the transportation industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Capital One.

Powered by Comparably