Capital Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

ok work place
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 3, 2019
It was alright, very repetitive, loved the folks I worked with. my duties included watching the heart monitor screens and reporting to the assigned nurses if anything occured
Punished for having a baby.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 1, 2019
Great job in busy Emergency Dept. however management was very difficult to work with during maternity leave and had to return five weeks after c-section. Brutal!
Pros
Great staff who are knowledgeable
Cons
Not family friendly manager
I loved working at Capital Regional
Sterile Processing tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 28, 2019
It was a joy to work at Capital. The department was welcoming and supportive. I regret that I had to leave for personal reason. Everyone was pleasant to be around. I miss working there.
My reviews are based off my experience from 2015
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 24, 2018
I hope things have changed, I would not mind going back.
My reviews are based off my experience from a few years ago..
Fast Pace, wage was very low. Conversations with Managers were not confidential.
Pros
Time off
Great people to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 2, 2018
Enjoyed my time there! Would work there again! I learned a lot about commercial HVAC systems, also hospital equipment. I found my time there very enjoyable.
Pros
very good place to learn new things
It's the OR....things happen
OR SUPPLY CHAIN TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Good place for a person who wants to do something as important as physically taking care of the patient, without actually having to come in contact with them. SPD is the back bone of not only the surgical unit, but fir the entire hospital. Sterilization/decontamination units keep hospitals moving.
Stay away if you want to keep your sanity
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 26, 2018
By far the WORST job and hospital I’ve ever worked at. HCA is a company that is all and only about bottom line. Your well being and value as an employee means nothing to them. I worked in the pharmacy dept and I must say that the managers running the dept are the absolute worst and most unprofessional group of people I’ve ever worked for. Everything is a reprimand or some sort of issue, constant bitterness and backtalk from most of the technicians, the turnover is beyond anything I’ve ever seen. The entire dept has such a hostile and negative vibe, It’ll make you hate your life and profession. The dept lost 8, yes EIGHT people in 2 months, yet the company seems that keeping the same mgmnt in place is ok. People don’t leave jobs when they’re happy. If you don’t see this as an issue, then by all means go and apply right now. You’ll never feel like you did a good job because mgmnt will always be there to call you into the office and tell you what you did wrong.

The director and supervisor have no place being in the positions they’re in. Which is why they can’t ever keep employees to stay. Oh and get ready for endless phone calls from nurses complaining about never getting meds on time and calling mgmnt to tell them how bad the service from the pharmacy is. But being short staffed is your problem, not the manager’s ever. But thanks to them, I was able to see the light and find a company where I feel valued and appreciated as an employee and as a human being. Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Cons
Stay away
Hca
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 11, 2018
Friendly and professional staff. Management team was accessible and friendly.Hospital was clean and secure. Cafeteria was open with hot meal for all shifts.
I Loved the team work and family environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 22, 2018
I Loved the team work and family environment. team players ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The food was excellent and I met a lot of great friends whom I still talk with today
summary
Supervisor registrar (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 21, 2018
two individuals who were bonded together by past relationship ran department. They brought me in to get rid of problem employee....once I initiated and got them involved, they backed away from it and pushed me out
Pros
money
Cons
management
Caring People to work with
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 4, 2018
Educational place to work for Internship. Lots of helpful nurses, and providers willing to teach. Would go into work, Check patients in, maintain their care throughout their visit, and make sure they left with all the answers to their questions.
Ultrasound
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 26, 2018
Nice place to work. Fast pace, busy ER with good turn around times. Doctors are friendly. Pay is competitive and fair for Tallahassee location. Benefits are good with PTO, 401 K, insurance. Department is willing to work with your schedule. Overall nice place to work with friendly staff.
private facility
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 8, 2018
Long hours but pay should be more for the techs during the day due to the fact there are more required duties obligated to be completed within those 12 hour shifts
Pros
hours, pay rate
Cons
team work, lack of communication, parking, and security
fast past
RN (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 30, 2018
fast past and great experience for a first time travel nurse. Workplace was each person for their own at times. Learned how to manage time and prioritize job duties.
Quick paced job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 9, 2018
Love the job but had to stay on your toes.cause some days u are constantly moving. Hard workering people that really care about they patients. I learned more how the hospital works, and what it takes to ran it.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Hours to long
Amazing hospital with quality people
Medical Technologist/Traveller (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 24, 2018
In my 30+ professional years in the lab I have never come across such a group of hi quality professionals, from the Lab Director (Brandi), ER director, Gerry, Allison, 6 physcians, 5 RN practitioners and 4 physician assistants, they made my point of care station a never ending hi speed merry-go-round. Exhausting? yes! Satisfying? YES! But they are conscious of the lab personnel crisis in the state and they are amazing team workers, providers and facilitators. I never imagined I could produce so much work and I finally did with such a cooperative team. They do all necessary to make sure my station runs as smooth as possible and keep high standards of ethics and professional relations at all times. They Vice-President offered me twice to stay as a regular employee, something I really cry for not being able to stay. Family was reluctant to move. Believe me, when you or a loved one needs healthcare, this is the place you want to be. They're tice.best sample I've seen of hi standards and commitment in ER.
Pros
Culture and open administration
Cons
If you want a slow paced setting, this might not be for you.
best job ever
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 20, 2018
I loved this job a lot. i had an amazing team of people to work with. I had support from management, and we had opportunities given to us to help further our career and education.
Good Experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 15, 2018
I loved my boss and managers. We were all very close like a family. It was by far the best experience I have had as an employee. I recommend the company to anyone.
unorganized
Orthopedic Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  5th floorFebruary 9, 2018
Typical day is chaos, never know what floor you will be working even though you are hired for a specific floor. Sometimes required to work outside of your scope of practice without the right credentials. Supervision is the worst!!
Staff RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 2, 2018
CRMC is an okay place to work. Every place has it's ups and downs, but I would say since it's a for-profit organization they only care about the money and nurses are appreciated how they should be plus staffing is horrible. They wonder why they can't keep nurses. Besides CRMC holds onto patients longer than they should. It's like why not make CRMC your home and if the work environment going to be crazy then pay more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Capital Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location