Capital Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It's the OR....things happen
OR SUPPLY CHAIN TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Good place for a person who wants to do something as important as physically taking care of the patient, without actually having to come in contact with them. SPD is the back bone of not only the surgical unit, but fir the entire hospital. Sterilization/decontamination units keep hospitals moving.
Stay away if you want to keep your sanity
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 26, 2018
By far the WORST job and hospital I’ve ever worked at. HCA is a company that is all and only about bottom line. Your well being and value as an employee means nothing to them. I worked in the pharmacy dept and I must say that the managers running the dept are the absolute worst and most unprofessional group of people I’ve ever worked for. Everything is a reprimand or some sort of issue, constant bitterness and backtalk from most of the technicians, the turnover is beyond anything I’ve ever seen. The entire dept has such a hostile and negative vibe, It’ll make you hate your life and profession. The dept lost 8, yes EIGHT people in 2 months, yet the company seems that keeping the same mgmnt in place is ok. People don’t leave jobs when they’re happy. If you don’t see this as an issue, then by all means go and apply right now. You’ll never feel like you did a good job because mgmnt will always be there to call you into the office and tell you what you did wrong.

The director and supervisor have no place being in the positions they’re in. Which is why they can’t ever keep employees to stay. Oh and get ready for endless phone calls from nurses complaining about never getting meds on time and calling mgmnt to tell them how bad the service from the pharmacy is. But being short staffed is your problem, not the manager’s ever. But thanks to them, I was able to see the light and find a company where I feel valued and appreciated as an employee and as a human being. Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Cons
Stay away
Hca
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 11, 2018
Friendly and professional staff. Management team was accessible and friendly.Hospital was clean and secure. Cafeteria was open with hot meal for all shifts.
Ultrasound
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 26, 2018
Nice place to work. Fast pace, busy ER with good turn around times. Doctors are friendly. Pay is competitive and fair for Tallahassee location. Benefits are good with PTO, 401 K, insurance. Department is willing to work with your schedule. Overall nice place to work with friendly staff.
fast past
RN (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 30, 2018
fast past and great experience for a first time travel nurse. Workplace was each person for their own at times. Learned how to manage time and prioritize job duties.
Quick paced job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 9, 2018
Love the job but had to stay on your toes.cause some days u are constantly moving. Hard workering people that really care about they patients. I learned more how the hospital works, and what it takes to ran it.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Hours to long
Amazing hospital with quality people
Medical Technologist/Traveller (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 24, 2018
In my 30+ professional years in the lab I have never come across such a group of hi quality professionals, from the Lab Director (Brandi), ER director, Gerry, Allison, 6 physcians, 5 RN practitioners and 4 physician assistants, they made my point of care station a never ending hi speed merry-go-round. Exhausting? yes! Satisfying? YES! But they are conscious of the lab personnel crisis in the state and they are amazing team workers, providers and facilitators. I never imagined I could produce so much work and I finally did with such a cooperative team. They do all necessary to make sure my station runs as smooth as possible and keep high standards of ethics and professional relations at all times. They Vice-President offered me twice to stay as a regular employee, something I really cry for not being able to stay. Family was reluctant to move. Believe me, when you or a loved one needs healthcare, this is the place you want to be. They're tice.best sample I've seen of hi standards and commitment in ER.
Pros
Culture and open administration
Cons
If you want a slow paced setting, this might not be for you.
best job ever
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 20, 2018
I loved this job a lot. i had an amazing team of people to work with. I had support from management, and we had opportunities given to us to help further our career and education.
Good Experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 15, 2018
I loved my boss and managers. We were all very close like a family. It was by far the best experience I have had as an employee. I recommend the company to anyone.
unorganized
Orthopedic Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  5th floorFebruary 9, 2018
Typical day is chaos, never know what floor you will be working even though you are hired for a specific floor. Sometimes required to work outside of your scope of practice without the right credentials. Supervision is the worst!!
Staff RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 2, 2018
CRMC is an okay place to work. Every place has it's ups and downs, but I would say since it's a for-profit organization they only care about the money and nurses are appreciated how they should be plus staffing is horrible. They wonder why they can't keep nurses. Besides CRMC holds onto patients longer than they should. It's like why not make CRMC your home and if the work environment going to be crazy then pay more.
Had good food for the family.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32308January 30, 2018
Good place to work. I enjoyed working with the people. I enjoyed the hours I works. Patients was treated very good. The work place for housekeeper was excellent.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare is good
good place to work
Supervisor cardiovascular Diagnostics (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 24, 2018
It was a well managed and run cooperate Hospital.
management was usually available when needed.
Continuing education was also available.
they also have a good healthcare package and retirement program.
Pros
all
Fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Employees punctual during shift change. Organized staff, and management. Clean productive environment aiding in career advancement. Safe environment with 24hour security. I would recommend this workplace.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
awesome place.
Cardiovascular Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 3, 2018
great people and great docs. not overly busy. didn't do unneccisary procedures on patients. management was good but the director retired and no one replaced him while i was there. the most enjoyable part was the fellow employees. Made work fun and worth showing up.
Pros
great work invironment
Cons
no director
Rewarding
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 7, 2017
Most days are very unique. some days seem the same but very challenging. i really enjoyed working at the company. i learned so much from a lot of great people.
Great team workers.
Psychiatric RN & ER Psych Intake (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 24, 2017
Loved the job and loved the people I worked for, but I was there as a traveler, and they would not accept me as full time. I would definitely recommend this hospital's BHU.
Pros
30 min lunch times; overtime available;patient's daily schedule
Cons
communication with directors
Very fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 30, 2017
The most enjoyable time of the job is when you are able to go in a room with a patient and clean up for them and they inform you that you do an awesome job keep up the great work.
Learning experience
Patient Care Technician III and Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Having 40 patients can be challenging but the patients comes first. Vitals and assisting with daily living and aiding them to get better so they can go home with their love ones.
Good Manager, lack of opportunity to transfer or advance
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 4, 2017
I felt I was working often in unsafe conditions and that the expectations for the unit were unobtainable due to high patient ratios. I had administrative duties along with having anywhere from 7 - 12 patients at one time. Rules often changed daily and were not enforced adequately by management. Although this was a part of a larger corporation, educators and administrators from the corporate offices had to always take into account that our facility was the only one who had such high patient ratios when rolling out new workplace initiatives.

The overall management team had favorites as to who would be promoted. A "good ol' girls club" and lots of family member advancement.
Pros
No one was ever fired
Cons
Rarely had staffing to take breaks, uneven workloads