CAPITOL CARE INC Employee Reviews

Company Culture unlikely to change due to Corporate Dysfunction
Managment (Former Employee) –  Irondale, ALJuly 9, 2018
The corporate culture is hostile and does not support loyal and dedicated employees. They are unable to keep good employees. Excessive turnover rates.
Pros
Paid time off for middle and upper managment
Cons
Salary for all employees non-competive
Capcare
Residential Specialist (Former Employee) –  Branchville, NJApril 21, 2018
Capcare was a great job to work at. It was a good experience and I learned various things in the process. Being a residential specialist taught me to work wonderful with others and great communication skills. The best part about capcare is there were a lot of outdoor activities for the staff as well as the clients.
Pros
Outdoor activities
Cons
Love the people I work with
ACO (Current Employee) –  Sussex County, NJMarch 22, 2018
Great environment to work. Working with the individuals and brainstorming with my coworkers to improve the lives of the individuals is always the highlight of my day.
Pros
Individuals, coworker, flexibility, management understanding.
Opportunity and A job I love to go to each day
Director of Day Support Services (Current Employee) –  Stanhope, NJMarch 21, 2018
I was new to the field when I began my journey at Capitol Care almost 6 years ago. From day one the CEO and other smiling faces assisted me to reach my current role. Working for Capitol Care has not only helped me grow professionally but also personally. Working with the individuals is something I cherish and they always put a smile on my face. Helping them succeed is an area that Capitol Care thrives on. I have had many supervisors and it is because of them and the resources Capitol Care allotted me that I was able to go from and entry level position to my current role. Capitol Care invests in their staff and I am living proof. Each day I get up and look forward to work because I can truly say I love my job.
Pros
Benefits, Many Reaources, Leadership Support, Teamwork
Worst place ever to work
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 26, 2018
Whatever you learned in orientation is not what you will be doing in you work placement they do not care about their clients or employees wouldn’t send my family hear to work or to live here
Cons
Bad management
poor managment
Family Support Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJFebruary 15, 2018
I felt that while working there everyone was out to get the other person. the management team would do anything to blame someone else for their lack of responsibilitie
rewarding work but low pay, and poor management
Residential Specialist (full Time) (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJJanuary 24, 2018
working with disabled individuals is very stressful but very rewarding. The pay here was low and there was a constant turn around with staff and management. I Tried moving up for the first 2 years but then gave up.
Pros
very rewarding
Cons
low pay, constant turn around with poor management
Overworked and underpaid
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stanhope, NJNovember 29, 2017
It's a rewarding job if you don't have bills to pay. You meet great people and work alongside clients who come in all personalities. Too bad the compensation is lacking especially if you're a part timer
work day
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, NJNovember 20, 2017
Had different obstacles everyday, but helping the disabled with their everyday lives is always the goal at the end of the day, no matter what you have to deal with when it comes to them struggling with certain tasks.
long hours expensive benefits
Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 17, 2017
Salary given so they can work you long hours with no overtime.No breaks for lunch even given.Told they would reimburse for gas then they did not.They did not care about their employees.
Great Place to Work for Motivated Individuals
Assistant Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Stanhope, NJAugust 11, 2017
I have worked for Capitol Care for the past four months in an administrative role. Through my short time at this company, I have seen that administration is more than willing to work with people who are willing to learn. Advancement opportunities are provided to those who are self-motivated and willing to work. Inside and outside training is provided and encouraged. Work here if you are looking to excel in the field and be provided with a structured work environment.
Pros
A lot of training
Growth
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJAugust 8, 2017
As a former compliance officer, during my short tenure, my experience was positive. Management was fair and open. If you can't accept criticism perhaps this agency is not for you. Management is straight forward, shoot from the hip but are consistent with their approach. There are policies and procedures and for those who value their role understand the agencies goals and requirements and are open to criticism. For those who are in a job have a tendency to project while ranting with excuses. Overall my experience was extremely positive and rewarding. Keep up the great works.
Pros
Benefits; Work Life Balance; Training; Growth
Cons
Negative and Dishonest Employees
enjoy my work
Group Director (Current Employee) –  Wantage, NJAugust 1, 2017
I've only been working here for over a year now and I can truly say I stand by this company and what it represents. Amazing clients and amazing coworkers. Love coming into work!
love the company
Director (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 1, 2017
I have been with this company for 5 years and all I can say is the employees work hard and are very dedicated to their work. Great Company. Overall, I'm glad I have worked here for so long. Very loyal.
Working at Capitol Care
Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJAugust 1, 2017
Working with Clients and helping them gain skills for everyday life. I've learned to have patience and be more confident in my work. The culture here is upbeat and happy. The hardest part of the job is when you first join. The training and just learning all the new material for the job can be overwhelming but, it is rewarding after. Enjoyable part is knowing you are helping these people who sometimes can't live on there own.
Capitol Care cares!!!
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 26, 2017
Capitol Care is my first ever job in the field of Human Services. For the past year now I have learned how to excel in this company. The leadership has driven me to become a future Residental Director and grow within the company. It is a great entry level position and has a varying work schedule. The hardest part of the job is learning all the regulates that go with a group home. Fun times like going to concerts or Broadway shows always made the clients happy, and so was I.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
when people don't come to relieve you of your shift
Great Company with Great Workers
Residential Director (Former Employee) –  Sussex County, NJJuly 26, 2017
Working at Capitol Care has helped me grow into a hard working and dedicated worker that I am today. They provided me with the skills and knowledge I needed to succeed in their company. There are chances to develop as a person and be promoted within your job. Sadly, I had to leave Capitol Care to further my knowledge by pursuing my Master's Degree in Counseling. The company and its CEO were understanding and pushed me to widen my horizons in this field. This job had me stressed and working long hours, BUT at the end of the day, it was highly rewarding. I enjoyed working with the clients and making their day anyway I can.
Pros
paid well, gained knowledge and experience
Cons
long hours required in begin of job
They only care about the money.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 25, 2017
The company lives by its name, capitol first and the care comes second.They only care about making money and do the minimum in regards to the clients. They don't take responsibility for their mistakes/ shortcoming and place the blame on the direct support individuals and staff. I have also heard of them participating in shady activity which I am not surprised of. They have a high turnover rate in both clients and staff.They are appearance based and don't focus on actual client needs. Pay very low even for credentialed employees.
Pros
small company, everything is computerized
Cons
lack accountability, and care for clients. very low pay and little room for advancement
Always striving to be better
Primary Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stanhope, NJMay 12, 2017
I truly enjoy working for this company. Turn over is hard but the human service field has a lot of turn over. The state does not reimburse agency s well. The pay is better than most. The homes, program buildings are nice and leadership is accessible. If you have not worked many places it is hard appreciate the organization and structure. In the end the policies are in place to protect the employee. I love the people I work with as well as the individuals coming to program for help. If you are willing to work hard . Understand helping people is hard. This is a great company but a company can not create personal drive and dedication. So if you have these qualities come work for Capitol Care.
Pros
Ability to be part of all aspects of the company, many opportunities to learn and advance if you want to work hard
Cons
None noted at this time.
Poor communication
Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMay 5, 2017
Miss Management, my co.worked are excellent but the management team is very poor, They don't hire within, I apply for a group Home position and they never get back to me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAPITOL CARE INC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight