Capitol Federal Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Great job but doesn't pay well.
Customer Associate II (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 16, 2018
I loved working at CapFed. I wasn't crazy about working weekends but it was every other weekend so it wasn't the worst. I would have stayed if the pay was better.
Pros
Work Enviroment
Cons
Compensation
Relaxed Setting With Great Employees
CSA II / Teller (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 3, 2018
A typical day usually involves helping customers with basic financial questions. Management would usually work with you in getting time off but it usually takes quite a bit of convincing. I have learned quite a bit about banking privacy as well as most information regarding basic checking, savings, and certificates of deposit. As for the most enjoyable part of the job, it would have to be the employees I get to work with every tries to work with you and help you if you have questions.
Pros
Employees, Customers
Cons
Raises are Slim to None
Good
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  acct mgrJune 29, 2017
Most of my days are stress free
I learn something new everyday
My peers are great team members
They encourage growth, knowledge, family
My down time
Every one I work with is incredibly amazing
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 21, 2017
The only disadvantage is the pay is not as good as at some other institutions. However, they do not have sales goals and even though they are talking about implementing sales goals, their idea of sales goals are just doing your job, that is mentioning products and services to help our customers. Unlike these other banks that pressure you into selling certain numbers of deposit accounts, loans and credit cards, they have a much more relaxed environment and really care about their employees.
Pros
Excellent place to work where you can not hate getting up in the morning, Love the people and the environment, It's a big family so keep in mind that word travels fast, The benefits are reasonable but could use some improvement compared to larger organizations
Cons
Seniority is big because so many people have stayed 10 plus years, Very little growth opportunities past Assistant Branch Manager because of that, The compensation is fair for what we do, There seems to be roadblocks to change and adaptation that slow this companies innovations
Laid back and professional atmosphere with small chat and many tasks
Customer Service, Teller (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 13, 2014
-A typical day would include depositing a large amount of checks and cash, and helping customers with a number of questions and other monetary transactions.
-How to better handle money and angry customers with more confidence. How to engage in conversations pertaining to the banking business and meet customer satisfaction.
-Management is very well put together, always having meetings and keeping the team up to date with anything they need to know.
-Co-workers are all very polite and professional, and all work well together as a team.
-Making sure you do not make any mistakes when handling cash and any other monetary instrument (e.g. checks, bonds, etc.)
-Working at the front teller line and the interaction with clients, small talk is very enjoyable to me
Pros
Great benefits and space to move up in the company in many directions
Cons
Some positions require you to work Sundays
Fun and productive work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 29, 2014
Captiol Federal is a great company that hired great people. Everyone from management and human resources is extremely nice and helpful. I worked with great people who made work a lot more enjoyable.
Fun workplace but can be stressful
Teller (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 9, 2014
We were one of the busiest branches in Kansas. The coworkers and management were great but we did have some drama which is expected. The company did put a lot on us to balance and was very strict in that area. Did not enjoy that pressure. I enjoyed working there and my coworkers.