Capitol Home Health & Hospice logo
Capitol Home Health & Hospice

Capitol Home Health & Hospice Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Great co workers

I work here part time, But when I need something the schedulers are always there for support. The boss ladies are supportive and are always willing to resolve issues quickly. I love our customer service. We have a great team!

Excellent work environment and leadership

I worked at Capitol for over a year, and I am so grateful I had that experience. Excellent workplace. I would go back again. With no doubt I Recommend this company to all that are looking forward to a amazing work environment with great benefits.

Pros

Free massages, Healthcare, Breaks, Kitchen is well staffed with coffee, sodas, everything you would need through the day.

Cons

Great work environment with strong company culture

In my time with Capitol Home Health I was instantly welcomed with open arms into a strong family based company with great culture and respect for their employees. I was given good training, direction and advice to be the best employee I could be and was empowered to do so.

Productive and fun work place where everyone does their part to achieve a common goal

Inclusive work environment where employees are set up to succeed from the start. Company values individuals and what each individual brings to the team.

Pros

Fun work events

Productive and good work environment

The work environment is awesome, I love coming to work every day. Everyone is very helpful with learning your position, so you don't have to feel like you can not ask questions.

Pros

Employee appreciation is shown everyday

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Productive work place. Fun place to work at! Amazing staff!

Amazing management team! Great staff! Very friendly place. Love working for such a productive supporting company!Very family oriented, a lot of fun events.

Great Company!

This company has so many little benefits that you don’t find anywhere else. From amazing health benefits that are actually affordable, to little contests they have every month that has a pretty large payout just for participating! It’s the most fun home health company I have ever worked for. Family owned with corporate benefits!

Pros

Paid contest monthly; great health insurance coverage

Cons

Nothing that isn’t ordinary in healthcare

I am fulfilled and happy.

The work is hard, just like anywhere else, but I feel cared for and I feel like I’m of value to my supervisor. There’s great teamwork, everyone looks out for each other here.

Pros

Tons of benefits, lunches, prizes, tshirt, bonuses, parties, activities/ fun competitions throughout the yesterday.

Cons

Working on call, large coverage area

Management not engaged

My experience there was a completely unhappy one. People were rude, and not helpful at all. It was a very cold and distant atmosphere. From the physical environment to parking , everything was substandard.

Pros

Cons

No lunch breaks, unfriendly staff and managers

I came to this company with high hopes. Seeing free health insurance, benefits, direct deposit. Unfortunately all of the perks got taken away. I excepted a lower pay because of all the “perks”. I was ignored by Management and HR. I saw several people get let go effective immediately almost half the office staff. Also, saw them make several pay cuts in the middle of COVID. The company is family owned and they do not understand anything about home health. They do not care about the patients or the safety of the clinicians.

Jobs at Capitol Home Health & Hospice

See more jobs

Excellent place to work

the company is very innovative and have excellent communication from management down. The company is able to succeed and truly cares about their patients and their staff. They recognize the importance of family.

Poor Leadership and Company Overall- Lacks Ethics

The only thing that matters is that their pockets get lined. I did not find the HR person, (initials RF) trustworthy and the owners seemed to have trouble on the operations side of running the organization. I did not get a warm and fuzzy when it came to taking care of families or their own employees as their people. They pay okay, but is the money really worth your moral values and ethics? Run! FAST!

No abandoned

I am hardworking individual that is more than willing to try new things.it is easy for me to adapt in any environment as I enjoy working under pressure and surrounded by people therefore I believe that I wl be reliable in any position and an asset to any company

Disgusting

They try to reel you in with bonuses and friendliness only for find out you work more during the weekend than during the week. Micromanaging is beyond horrible Stay away

Toxic environment

There is most definitely a clique within the office while field nurses are worked liked dogs and just expected to work 40+hrs weekly plus on call! Would not recommend! Benefits are good but the management not so much

Best Nursing Job yet to Experience

I have nothing but great compliments for this company, and know without a doubt I'd still be happily working for this company if it weren't for me having to move out of the San Antonio area shortly after my employment began.If I ever move again, and their is a sister branch in the area I will definitely be re-applying. Wonderful company, and great management.

Fun place to work

I love my job at Capitol I've learned a lot and I have formed a lot of close relationships with my co-workers. Yes I would refer people to join our staff.

A disaster!

This small, family owned, and run, business is a business disaster. Run by family, none clinicians. The family makes decisions without communication or regard to staff, patients or outcome. The turnover is 100%. Everything is micromanaged, shady and ethically questionable. Bordering between dishonest and illegal.

Warning: Do NOT Work Here.

Before you read my review, please know this: I am not a disgruntled employee. Capitol has not wronged me, specifically, because I fight for myself and my right to adequate pay/compensation. I am simply an employee that wants to adequately warn any future employee about what I experienced or saw during my time with Capitol. The turnover rate for aides, nurses, and management was over 100%. That may not sound possible, but at Capitol it is! We'd been through multiple managers. The Executive Director walked out. People are leaving constantly because they don't want their names associated with this company. This family-run hospice company is exactly that: it is run by a family. A family that does not have any idea of what hospice is. They eliminated comfort kits for their patients for "cost-effectiveness." They questioned whether or not hospice "had to be 24 hours/day". Their board of directors is comprised of the family, their spouses, and anyone else who got promoted for nepotistic reasons. No one is clinical above the Director of Nursing. If you care at all about your nursing license, do not go work for Capitol hospice. According to my old coworker, if a complaint is made about you or your license, the company will take no part in protecting their employees. You will often be the only nurse on call with no back up. There is no worker's comp, so be sure not to get injured on the job. There's no direct deposit for hospice because their payroll is so mismanaged, they can't always ensure they can pay their workers. I've had at least two coworkers who have had checks -

Poor Management and communciation

This was by far the worst home health company I have ever worked for. First, very disorganized, lack of assistance. Management expects you to perform a job without the necessary supplies. You will wait days for feedback or clarity. Several times I was given the wrong address to clients home. The only good thing about this place is they pay for your mileage and the pay isn't bad. Sucks you have to wait weeks to get an assignment.

Lacking good leadership

poor pay, make you drive way further than you should and for low pay, not competitive in the market, supervisor often did not have answers to my questions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capitol Home Health & Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Capitol Home Health & Hospice with