Capstone Logistics, LLC Employee Reviews

Found 1,155 reviews matching the search See all 1,160 reviews
Very stressful n only people that they favor make good money cuz they get the best and easiest trucks
Freight Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, NYMarch 24, 2019
The management there was ridiculous did nothing to stand up for us in general and just could care less about the employees and the safety risks that were happening it was just a joke of a job if a real business owner walked in there and saw the way management was running things and how unsafe it was they would turn around and walk out the door
Pros
If you are a one of the favorites, u can make money, by getting good trucks.
Cons
Absolutely unsafe, the employees themselves are basically running Capstone, not management
You are just a number at Capstone to higher management.
Site Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 21, 2019
If i can give 0 stars I would. No workplace culture. A lot of back stabbing, at least in my case.You never know when you are going home. Meet some good people there.
Pros
You meet some good people.
Cons
Everythig else
If you love yourself-don’t go there!
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Dayville, CTMarch 21, 2019
Manager and Supervisors were unscrupulous, very unprofessional and were stealing from the workers broken pallets and Repack/Restack Money! You were made to do certain trucks that you were not getting paid for (manager side hustle)No matter how many trucks you worked, your salary was never satisfactory.
Some of the workers were doing drugs and a few were stealing food from the vending machine in the cafeteria! I never experience such dishonest and unprincipled individuals before; management was aware about it but did nothing because those individuals were part of the gang of favorites that they could use.
I would show mercy by not giving this job to my worst enemy. Go to work there at your own risk- you be soaked in perspiration , tired and have nothing much to show for it.
Pros
Kept you fit, didn’t mind doing the work
Cons
Unscrupulous Manager, Supervisors and some workers, Low pay, problem with your hours, unprofessional behavior, you didn’t know what time you were getting off each day, management care more about company policy than you, the worker.
Capstone just took over for lasership
Driver (Current Employee) –  Levittown, PAMarch 19, 2019
Was working everyday then started working 4 days . Lareship left in August then capstone came in . Promised changes fior better but pay but then started paying lest then before.
Great Place To Work
Loader/Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSMarch 18, 2019
I Really Enjoyed Working For The Company.Fast-Paced Setting.Learned Different Things Daily. Management Was Great And Very Understanding.Would Highly Recommend
Pros
Able To Get Overtime Often
Cons
Friday, Saturday, Sunday Work Schedule
at the mercy of a different company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCMarch 18, 2019
capstone could be a decent place to work if it weren't at the mercy of other companies as they are a third party brought in to work in other warehouses. Pay is minimal in production with nothing guaranteed which makes it even harder when the company who runs the warehouse is screaming for more workers and don't care to realize that it drastically cuts into peoples paychecks.
Pros
Co-workers, Pto
Cons
Wont make what they claim, At the mercy of a company who pays their employees hourly
Not that bad
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2019
I was part of the road crew, so I made twice as much as regular workers. It's a great way to see the states, but you will be gone for months at a time. Regardless of how much money you make on the road, a lot of people don't realize that you will be paying for your home and car with the inability to utilize either. On top of that, when you go to different states you're being sent to different warehouses. With that being said the management varies. It can go one of two ways. You will either have a chill manager or someone that is very controlling and wants you to work 150% for a certain pay rate instead of the standard given upon arrival. Other than this stuff, if you're not use to working hard then this may not be the job for you.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
hours and sometimes travel
Reach Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 16, 2019
Great place to work, Developed forklift skills, operation logistics, time management, OSHA safety guidelines. Social environment and friendly co-workers.
Good place
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMarch 13, 2019
Is a good place to work. Have to have a quick pace to make money. Managment definitely needed to have some help on what to do and take care of when things happen.
Decent job
Lumper/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 13, 2019
Work starts at 4am. A straight forward job all that is required is common sense and a GOOD WORK ETHIC and you'll be okay. Guys are cool. Pay is fine. Having a consistent "shortage" of people and decent workers but the men that do want to work are actually good workers. My time here has been good but have seen MANY COME AND GO because its " too hard". Its not hard at all. Recommend as a temp job, not much growth.
Pros
Relaxing, good schedule
Cons
Shortage of workers, equipment
Very stressful
Clerk/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MS 38751March 13, 2019
A typical day at work depends on if you were an unloader or clerk, but fortunately I've worked both positions. As a clerk, its the typical customer service job. You deal with truck drivers, collect money, have a set salary, and etc but as an unloader its different. You don't have a set salary, you make money by how many trucks you unload and how fast you unload them. There's no system on how trucks are distributed to unloaders either. Its like if you get it then you get it but if you don't then you don't. Its real easy for you to make $10 a week there because you're competing with other people to unload trucks, which I think is unfair. Not everyone works the same so I feel as though the trucks should be distributed fairly, that way everyone has a chance to make money and it'll help to keep employees because we were losing and gaining people every week. I don't think that's healthy for a company and it makes them look bad.
Resigned from the company due to poor Managment
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GAMarch 13, 2019
When you start with the company and are learning the ropes they pay you 12.36 then when you actually get passed that point you earn 8.50 with production bonus. The major issue is at the counter they give you cube tickets for trailer's that can be 300 to 1200 depending on the ticket you can tell if its heavy bulk or light small boxes.

The way they handle the pay rate is if you get 60 cases an hour you will receive the 10.50 that they say on there job app but in fact isn't the correct pay rate which is 8.50. Most times new hires are stuck in bulk where getting the 60 cases an hour is nearly impossible due to no help stacking the freight of boxes which weigh 100 - 200lbs each having to stack them 9 feet high. Where as the little boxes you can easily do 100-300 an hour which is 16.00-25.00/hr.

The sad part is even being in the facility long enough to watch as hundreds of people come and go, still heavy amounts of favoritism in the workplace by management. Tried to ask about being a member of the travel team but was told no on multiple occasions.

The part that possibly got under my skin the most was had asked for professional recommendations of management to get into another job and they had agreed, but instead turned around and started throwing heavy cube orders all major bulk then pulling you off to the side and giving write up's and warning's on top of more writeup's. Instead of the recommendations they gave the worst possible reviews they could have given and cost the job to say that they were looking else where.

In short the Garden City branch is by
  more... far the worst part of the company I have ever worked for not professional at all, plagued by favoritism, jealousy, drama, lack of trust internally, no communication unless unable to preform, intentional writeups ect. the list could go on for ages.

Personally found the Garden city branch so appealing that I resigned from the company entirely in which they started clapping and said "about time".
Cons
poor pay, Favortism, Jealousy, Drama
Productive and good people
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 12, 2019
It was nice with great crew members. Everyone helped each other the managers where helpful and helped speed up all delays. Training was easy and quick with great teachers.
Fluctuating Pay and structure
Lead Receiving Logistics Clerk (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 12, 2019
Work from 5 am to 4PM sorting boxes. Good exercise. could have been better management and higher morale. Pay was by the case but different loads payed different rates, which was never explained. switched several times between being paid as a group vs individual contributions within 4 months working there.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
inconsistent
People are great to work with but the pay scale needs work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 12, 2019
When you start working you get paid $10 an hour for 8 hours for the first week that's not to bad. But when the week is up you go on production that means you have to unload as many trailers as you can. The only problem is the pay is not fair because a load of 1 to 79 pallets pays the same $18.40. The loads of 80 to 110 pallets pays $34.50. The only way to make any money is if they give you a live load then you can make any where from $12 a trailer to $87 a trailer but it also depends on how many live loads that come in that night. I'll tell you this the work is for younger people and not for guys my age of 58 that's why I'm looking for a job not so demanding physically.
Pros
People with good attitudes to work with
Cons
The pay
not very busy, slow paced
Capstone logistics (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 11, 2019
I really enjoyed working there but my hours were being cut and I was basically on call everyday, I have a family I have to support and I need something more definate.
Pros
good money if I had better hours
Cons
on call
Poor place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Waverly, NYMarch 11, 2019
Not a lot of room to move up and the site manager will lie to you to make you think its a good place to work. Pay is never steady and neither is the hours.
Pros
Cons
pay fluctuates.
stressful
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, NYMarch 11, 2019
very stressful, no support, made you feel at fault for everything. did not make you feel valued but more like being disposable at any given time. would give the company another chance but not on the same side that i was on before.
It’s not all bad
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  2200 N 17th Ave Melrose park IllinoisMarch 10, 2019
It’s a quick and easy way to get money, have to really work hard just earn a decent pay check. Very stressful and fast pace environment,if you don’t move fast enough you make very little money,
Cold, dusty.Not bad if you get used to it
Order selection, Ice room lead, shipping (Former Employee) –  Gouldsboro, PAMarch 9, 2019
Management isn't constantly on you. Usually have room to breathe. Decent and generally fair lead supervisors . Some room for lateral advancement. Honesty, hard work and attendance has its merits.I was fired but should have at least been able to receive vacation pay that was already earned after being there almost 3 years.
Pros
Certain freedoms, less management throwing you in different direction
Cons
I lost my vacation pay twice, once caused by misinformed management, Second time when fired. It expires on your hiring anniverery date and stripped if you are fired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capstone Logistics, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight