Capstone Logistics, LLC Employee Reviews

Fast Pace and a good work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 18, 2018
The capstone/awg warehouse was a good experience for me because it allowed me to learn the basic functions of warehousing. It is a fast paced work environment and also a dangerous one. I learned how to operate numerous warehouse vehicles and machinery.
Fright Handler
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 16, 2018
Freight handlers move freight, stock and other materials and often perform other unskilled labor. Freight handlers may attach identifying labels or mark them with information. They must be able to interpret instruction in a verbal or written manner. They also have to record numbers of units handled. They work with tools, such as dollies, forklifts, hand trucks, jacks, pallet trucks or wrapping machinery.
They lead you in with "Production pay" but that's just a way for them to get you too work harder for little to no raise at all.
Unloader/Lumper (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 10, 2018
Plenty of hours. but don't expect to be getting paid top dollar here. They pay you based on each truck that you break down but the truth is, the trucks hardly pay well enough to pay for the base rate pay of 12$/ hour.
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALSeptember 6, 2018
Love the fastpace about it...The people that works there are pretty friendly. Then 8 hours shifts was opt...you could work longer... love that and would work there again if I can..
Too Many Hours
Loader (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 5, 2018
Trucks Come in, They Unload Them.You Grab Stacks Of Pallets and You Break Down The Pallets so They Can fit in the Racks.And you do this Over and Over and Over Again for 16 hours a Day!The Most Enjoyable Part of the Day was Going Home.I Learned You Can Make A lot Of Money,But if you Don't Have Time to Spend it Then,Whats the use.
Pros
You Can Make Alot Of Money.
Cons
80 hour work Weeks
Great company
Lumper/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I’ve been with capstone for 3 years now and they’ve given me the opportunity to experience handling different machines in the warehouse as well as giving me the opportunity to experience different tasks in the warehouse in
Productive, fun work place but it can also be difficult for others
Selector/Picker (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 2, 2018
Capstone is a fun productive job that you really have to have the energy for it. It’s not a easy job to work at, but once you been there for a while, it’s gets smoother and easy! Overall, I would recommend people to apply for capstone!
Cons
Short breaks
Capstone was a good company to work for.
Security Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 1, 2018
This was fast paced and productive workplace, day to day work kept you interested and a active participant in work, you felt that you where and active roll in company direction.
Pros
flexable hours each day/week
Cons
staffing issues
Its a fun productive fast paced job
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Patterson, CAAugust 31, 2018
Not for people who arent willing to show up to go to work everyday.the all seem pretty chill that work here.good first job for a kid straight out of high school.
Pros
Two breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work place
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHAugust 27, 2018
Capstone was a great productive,competitive place with non stop work and a opportunity for a person the learn how to shop in receive and be hands on from a factory stand point.
Pros
You can come in on your off days
Cons
You don't get paid by the hour there so it's based off how fast you complete your truck
This company is going through major changes
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, INAugust 27, 2018
The company is going through a major overhaul of upper management right now. They are willing to work with your schedule to help accommodate families needs. But they dont like to have to do that.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
They make you feel as though you are just a number and not valued
It's ok I guess
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2018
If your willing to travel the money is great but if you work at home it's barely enough to get by if you have a family.if your a single guy or someone with no kids then yea you would get by
Productive and laborious workplace
Gap Filler (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 25, 2018
My experience working for this company was relatively good. It was my first job out of high school and it paid well. My supervisors and manager were kind and instructive. While they did enforce the rules well they also made a point to care about your personal well-being and safety. A typical day consisted of frequent radio communication and cooperation with your fellow Home Depot employees. Working together you were expected to successfully load several trucks with pallets and various products to meet the specified weight requirements.

The most important thing to remember at this job is to never stop moving. Your pay relies on your production. This point, in particular, was probably the hardest part of this job. Ninety percent of the time you are unloading a cart into one of your assigned trailers. The other ten percent is comprised of radioing pallet loaders and communicating with cart builders in an attempt to keep your designated area flowing smoothly. Thus, the more carts you unload into your trailers, the higher your production rate will be at days end.

The most enjoyable part of this job was probably their system of instant gratification. At the end of each day, you found out your production percentage. Some days my percentage was low and others, I surpassed even the most seasoned of employees.

Overall, I am grateful to have worked in a warehouse setting. I learned much about myself including how I perform under pressure in a cut-throat environment.

A fair warning: This job is extremely laborious. A typical day of work consists of excessive bending of the
  more... knees, arms, and torso. You are on your feet 90% of the workday. Also, the temperature within the warehouse and within the trailers will match, and in some cases exceed, the temperatures outside. So, it is imperative that you keep yourself hydrated throughout the workday.  less
Selector (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 23, 2018
Its an okay job the work is good the pay is alright its a job where u have to mentally push yourself to get the work done other then that its a great job
Dead End Workplace; Stressful Environment
Unloader/Picker (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAAugust 22, 2018
In my opinion the labor is not fairly compensated to the extent that it should be, and also when work dried up at the warehouse I was told not to return for months because a temp agency had taken over the work that was there.
unloader/picker (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAAugust 22, 2018
It's was a new experience on a fast-paced quick environment. Working with friendly and good coworkers, managers were awesome. Good pay and good hours.
Worst place to work by far, Mcdonalds would be better and pay more too.
Lumper/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 21, 2018
They do not pay an hourly wage, they pay per truck you unload and you could be sitting and waiting for an hour or more sometimes. This equates to less than half of minimum wage at times. They wont tell you this at all though until you look at your check. There is a possibility to make more money but they give the good trucks to all their favorites making it impossible.
Pros
Absolutly nothing, Stay away!!
Cons
Just walking in the door. They all lie right to your face.
Very productive
Unloader, janitor, maintenance (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2018
Had a blasted working with Capstone Logistics. Great management they try to under they employee without jumping the gun. Good hours, good benefits, a really good place to work at.
Can’t even
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 19, 2018
They expect so much from you within the first 2 weeks. If you aren’t able to keep your rate up they’ll keep putting you there til you understand how. They finally moved me to an area I’m good at until the put me on suspension for the other part of the job I wasn’t good at.
Very fast pace and heavy lifting and bending
Unloader/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 19, 2018
You never have the right tools to perform the work, you never know when you're getting off to end your day, you don't make hourly pay you make percentage rate, your paid for the trailer, so if you're not unloading your standing around not making money, and your not allowed to leave until they tell you to leave.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capstone Logistics, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight