Captain D's Seafood Restaurant Employee Reviews

Horrible work environment
Cashier/DRS (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 10, 2018
Unless you are friends with the management staff you will be treated poorly. I often felt bullied and intimidated by my store manager and other managers when I asked questions about policies. The management team is awful they dont know how to do their jobs yet are in charge if making sure you do yours. The kitchen staff can have whatever they want but a cashier has to pay for their food. The managers never address issues to you pertaining to you they discuss it openly with other co workers after you have left for the day. The pay is ridiculously low and raises are very rarely given.
Great Customers, Great Work Family
Server/Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYMay 31, 2018
I really enjoyed my work family. Everybody worked together as a team. If anyone was ever struggling somebody would pick up their slack with absolutely no problem. The management was great. If something was wrong management immediately fixed the problem the best that they could. Our customers were always so polite and hardly ever did i have a problem with a foul customer but when i did i smiled and just kept being kind and i tried to make those people smile at least once before they left.
Pros
Free lunches, Very understandable for emergencies
Cons
No benefits other than discounts, Lacked promotions
Alright place to work but has poor management
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSAugust 28, 2018
They cant keep staff there do to there poor management then over work everyone else to the point of quitting and god forbid you call in because they will complain steadily even till you get back from sickness or what not.
Pros
Half priced food for workers and extra hours
Cons
Over worked, 1 year pay raises if applicable.
Fun workplace but can be stressful at times
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 9, 2018
Captain ds is very slow paced and relaxed. You have to maintain a professional behavior in order for customers as well as management to take you serious.
Pros
Discounts on food, very relaxed and slow paced
Cons
Payment is biweekly, raise is every year, payments are not beneficial
It was alright
Guest Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GAJuly 15, 2018
I didn’t like working at the captain Ds in Eastman Ga. due to the fact that it had such pour management and drugs all around the work place. I was promised so much but in return I never got much of anything. I worked incredibly long hours and hard shift with such little pay and terrible co workers. I was used and mistreated to the fullest. I myself know i have a kind heart and will do anything for anyone so that’s why they used me so much. I kept and unimaginably clean work station while I worked regardless of how nasty others left theirs.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Almost everything
Over all satisfaction in working at captain ds.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GANovember 3, 2018
My potential was recognized quickly upon starting the job and was promoted within my first month, great management great team members as well , was happy working for captain d's and to have been given the opportunity of advancement as manager.
Pros
Great coworkers flexible hours
It’s a good job.
Cashier/Drive Thru and Cook (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 16, 2018
A typical work day for me would be clocking in, stocking up, count my draw for cashier/drive thru or prep to cook. I do my duties and help customers, then at the end of the day I restock and clean my designated area and help other if needed.
I learned how to be a cashier/drive thru, cook and clean. I increased my work knowledge everday just by doing my daily duties.
Management was good and they helped when they could.
For the most part the culture was good and encouraging.
Management/teen employees can ruin a store
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 26, 2018
I was a manager at Captain d's for 3 months during that time the acting GM who was training me walked out and left me her keys and it was only my 2nd week there were a lot of teenage employees who brought a lot of drama to the store to having their family members threaten to jump on us managers to the teenagers calling out at the last minute every weekend when we need finally get a GM she started to cut labor and never wanted to work any weekends or closings and we were always out of stuff I mean how do you run out of fish batter the only good thing I could say is that as managers we are for free but I wouldn't recommend my dog work here they don't value their employees
Pros
Free food for managers
Cons
Drama with teenagers, management, running out of food, broken equipment
Good company just needs help
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  VAOctober 18, 2018
During training came to find out GM hadn't been at store for 2 months, other had previously been fired and hired back another had also quit not a positive sign. Seems like managers work way to many hours and causes them to not care and perform less. Training is a joke I feel they really don't care your thrown in and not alot of direction. On second day everyone spent downtime applying elsewhere. Alot of food being eaten and waisted. If it wasn't for going to work at another location I probably would look somewhere else myself
Pros
Free meals, decent pay, laid back environment
Cons
Overworked, undertrained managers, training does not exist
Is Fast Pace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJuly 23, 2018
It's an okay place to work but they have their peaks on their favorite people and sometimes you get done dirty and sometimes you don't you don't get no raises they don't believe in insurance if something happens to you oh well you know you're still posed to come to work they don't act like you're family is important they always act like that it's their family or no family it's just not a very happy place to work
All over the place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAAugust 24, 2018
Management made it difficult to work. Nothing was really organized. Managers from other areas would have to come watch us but never our own manager. Therefore we didn't have any stability. Communication between managers were simply because some of the individuals didn't want to do their job or seemed they were just above everyone. Schedules got changed atleast twice every week and caused situations where individuals didn't know their schedule time for work. Hours were drastically going down for every employee due to work labor. There was always a shortage of some kind of item off the menu. One day we didn't have seven items available to serve and drove customers away. Customers even complained our management.
Pros
free drinks and 50% off our food
Cons
short stock on food, cut of hours
Fast work space
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 23, 2018
Working At Captain D’s For So Long Felt Like Home But The Management Was No Good. Quite Disrespectful. My Salary was too low For The Circumstances I Was In. My salary did not reach the requirements it needed too for school, phone bill, car, or even clothes.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 23, 2018
Great place to work because when I needed time off, my manager
worked with me. and I enjoy working for them. I always got my raises.
manager is easy to get along with
Pros
lunch breaks and paid vacation
Cons
Captain D's is a learning experience and alot of advancement takes place.
Host Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 1, 2018
When working at Captain D's there are rules and expectations. Captain D's maintains a sanitary station in the kitchen at all times and follow protocol when working with different types of seafood. When advancement takes place, the general manager keeps track of what the employees have and have not yet covered. Once the employee have covered everything they learn on the list they are then certified of their job. Captain D's is a learning experience and a very life improving journey.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
No cons
Its an well cleaned and well managed place of business
Cook (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 16, 2018
A typical day working at Captain D's consist of serving alot of customers with great customer service . This taught me how to use proper grammar very often and to be the best at what ever I do . I was under great and understanding management . I would say my workplace culture was diverse , but it was adaptable . There wasn't really anything hard about my job unless you made it that way . I would say that the most enjoyable part of my job was break time because of the great cooked fish I got to enjoy for lunch .
Fun
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 5, 2018
Needs to offer benefits to all employees. Give raises when they're deserved. Come up with a different way of scheduling. Increase the chances of career advances.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay
Good and friendly place to work
Frycook (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCAugust 2, 2018
Other than somewhat decent pay raises, some discounts, and lots of hours if needed/dependable, the job is actually a good environment if you're used to fast paced demands
Pros
Everything under 20$ was half price for employees on the clock
Cons
No other benefits
I was fired before having a chance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GASeptember 4, 2018
I was fired before i coukd explain why i was late one day trminated me over the phone. So i think that was unfair because that was my first job.. Maybe better management would be best
Captain D's
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 30, 2018
Opening and or closing the store. Setting cash drawers up, making sure the store ran properly. The owner and General managers are excellent to work for. Captain D's has a lot of culture behind their business. The whole experience was enjoyable.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Pay rate
Happy work environment with many kind hearted employees but very low pay.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, TNDecember 1, 2018
Captain D's is a wonderful work place in the sense that the employees all seem to love each other like a big family. The pay just isn't enough to support oneself. Hard working and very deserving employees are often stuck at 7.25 for over a year.
Pros
Free employee meals
Cons
Most employees are working for minimum wage, breaks are not promised to any member of management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Captain D's Seafood Restaurant. Our community is ready to answer.