Captain D's Seafood Restaurant Employee Reviews

It’s a good job.
Cashier/Drive Thru and Cook (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 16, 2018
A typical work day for me would be clocking in, stocking up, count my draw for cashier/drive thru or prep to cook. I do my duties and help customers, then at the end of the day I restock and clean my designated area and help other if needed.
I learned how to be a cashier/drive thru, cook and clean. I increased my work knowledge everday just by doing my daily duties.
Management was good and they helped when they could.
For the most part the culture was good and encouraging.
A lot of cool people to meet and make friends with
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 16, 2018
It was as cool job very fun fast paced had to be determined to work and meet new customer every day. Checks was good a lot of money for a every 2 week job
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
It has good food
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2018
It is a stressful job and it is to much going on and different attitude and the management acts different everyday. Captain D's was my first and I loved it hen i first started
It was alright
Guest Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GAJuly 15, 2018
I didn’t like working at the captain Ds in Eastman Ga. due to the fact that it had such pour management and drugs all around the work place. I was promised so much but in return I never got much of anything. I worked incredibly long hours and hard shift with such little pay and terrible co workers. I was used and mistreated to the fullest. I myself know i have a kind heart and will do anything for anyone so that’s why they used me so much. I kept and unimaginably clean work station while I worked regardless of how nasty others left theirs.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Almost everything
Rush
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJuly 14, 2018
The hardest part of this job is when you get busy...you just have to move fast and be good at it and not mess up the orders when handing the to-go orders out to the customers
Pros
Free drinks all day
Cons
benefits werent that good
good an productive work place
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 13, 2018
I love going to work.. to meet new peoples.. my employees are very friendly. I have bad days. when peoples come in an be rude... but I over look them an still be nice
Work was good. I enjoyed my stay. My wage was what i least expected it to be. I wanted more
Cook (Current Employee) –  Byram, MSJuly 11, 2018
I want to try something new. I would like a higher pay. I left the last job for sports. Now, I have some responsibilities to take care of. I need a job immediately. I want to be a photographer and a film director. I cant get the things i need without some earnings to work for. I have to work for what i need in order to be successful.
Pros
A Snack
Cons
30 Minute Break
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Quincy, FLJuly 9, 2018
Its an amazing learning experience an a all around good job Captain Ds teach you a lot out the food industry and they willing to support your every move.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
quick paced environment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 9, 2018
while working at captain ds I learned about preparation. sometimes in life to have certain things they must be prepared before hand. I learned about team work and having a better attitude towards fellow workers and customers
Good place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJuly 9, 2018
I loved working there the bosses were understanding and it was a laid back environment but I would recommend anyone to apply the hours are available if they are enough for everyone

Want to know more about Captain D's Seafood Restaurant?

Ask a question
The managers were the best, business was always slow.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJuly 7, 2018
Working at Captain d’s was good at first until business started slowing down dramatically, which resulted in hours shortage. It’s a good job for teens that doesn’t have much responsibility, but it’s a no go for an adult that has bills to pay.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hour Shortage
managers made sure everything was correct
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 3, 2018
* Constantly checked on customers, clean the bathrooms, washed dishes, managers made sure customers were happy.

*I've learned to prepare early and work at a faster pace

*Managers made sure we were doing our jobs

* Very collaborative with other Captain D companies

* The most stressful part about the job were dealing with unsatisfied customers

*The most enjoyable part about the job was working together as a team
mim-work hours
Food Prep/Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYJuly 2, 2018
not a bad place to work if your a teenager. they are always hiring. teenagers run the place after school hours. it is not a hard place to work. the most enjoyable part of working there was clocking out.
Pros
discounted food during breaks
Cons
hard to get a break
It's Ok, Not ideal
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 30, 2018
I am not sure if this is how all the restaurants are run this way but the one I was at was all about favoritism. If the manager did not like you, you were not treated the same as those he did like. Many times I was left by myself in the back to cook all the food, wash all the dishes and try to keep the orders moving while the managers did nothing.

This was not all management just a few. there were some good managers that I worked for and they treated everyone fairly and it was good.
It was Fun until they changed leadership
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 29, 2018
I meet new people everyday and learned a lot about hospitality.
When I first started management cared about there people but in the end they had people who did not care. Staffing was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Free Meals Great Bonus Plan
Cons
Staffing Management
Comfortable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 29, 2018
Most of my days at work were comfortable for me I made a good bond with all of the employees and the customers. What I learned from my days working there is to stay focused and pay attention to most of the things I would do on the cashier register and I also got a chance to work on my listening skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Can be enjoying
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJune 29, 2018
Enjoy working there. Has flexible woek hours an great GM. Qould like to advance but I feel like the company heaitatea to much on advancement. When I started with the company, they knew what I was looking for but nevwe tried to peomote or train dor promotion.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHJune 29, 2018
It was a good work environment. Energetic workers and good opportunities to grow. I learned how to manage a fast paced food environment. The hardest part of the job is being careful not to burn yourself.
Did not like it at all.
Guest Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 28, 2018
I did not like working at Captain D's at all. I would not recommend it, or even go eat there again. The manager was not the best, and he was rude. He was also a hypocrite, and made the restaurant go down. I am glad when I left.
Cons
Everything.
Productive work place
Team member (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 28, 2018
It is an okay job just have to be ready for the rush and make sure all food is prepared and fresh for customers , when it seems like it gets busy it only gets busier
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Captain D's Seafood Restaurant. Our community is ready to answer.