Captain D's Seafood Restaurant Employee Reviews

Good starter job
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 29, 2018
Good job for a young person to start off with. Not very busy most of the time and when it is usually the staff can handle it. Overall not to bad with oppurtunity to move up
Worst place to work
Guest Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALApril 28, 2018
The hourly pay is horrific 7.50/hr. GM Mandy Shedd picks and chooses favorites to give hours to. Trash place to work. You will not get the hours you want.
Horrible place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAApril 25, 2018
Poor management with terrible morals. Abusive to employees. Cheated employees out of pay. Over worked some employees while others were allowed to sit all shift playing on their phones. Management milked the clock, did not work hours they claimed.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management and owner
Captain D's
Guest specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 21, 2018
Great place to work nice work environment . They work with you. They help you master and accomplish goals to become all you can in there.They like to see employees work there way up to achieve their goals.
Pros
Breaks, they will feed you, awards
Cons
Stay open late on weekends
My First Job
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 20, 2018
Captain D's was my first job and it was a good experiences. A typical day working is always a good day at work except getting cursed out every other day. I learned more people skills and communication skills. I seen three different managers come and go. Workplace culture was good everyone was like family. Hardest part of the job is listening to people talk bad about the job and holding my tongue.
The most enjoyable is meeting new people and being able to be myself.
Pros
Working
Cons
Customers
Good food, bad management
Meal Prep (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, ALApril 19, 2018
I was told I was a "Manager In Training", but what I did not know is they also hired over 20 other people. I should have kept my previous sales job, and not have fallen for their trap for new employment.
Productive but not a fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 14, 2018
Not a good career move, The overall responsibility of managing the restaurant and dealing with the day to day operation is not worth the money, They are not fair in promotional opportunities from within the company.
Pros
Free Lunches to the manager
Cons
Not fair in promoting with of their employees
Over all
Guest specialist at captian ds (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 14, 2018
It was a great working experience had a lot of great coworkers and it was friendly and it had a lot of great customers and really great food I loved working there
Okay job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GAApril 11, 2018
Really don’t give you many hours the breaks are short and they expect you to go above and beyond but don’t want to give you the pay that your working for
Pros
Discounts on lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Too much for so little pay
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaApril 9, 2018
You're basically an hourly employee, expect to fry fish for hours at a time instead of run a crew for a dollar or so more in wage, counting is ridiculous. Staying open until 12am on weekends and summer with no customers from 9pm and after, not a good place for someone with family. Prepared to be burned.... a lot by 350 degree oil
Cons
Low pay. Inconsistent schedule. No respect
Fair
Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2018
Met great people, worked a decent amount of hours, but had to leave due to school. The food was good, and the overall work experience was fair, and got along with everyone
Fast paced and competitive.
Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALApril 4, 2018
Captain Ds is a job meant for high school teens who need money and to be taught responsibility, although some adult work there as management and overall is a decent place to work for extra money.
Captain d
Captain D's (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSApril 3, 2018
Captain D’s was a very fun and healthy environment for me. They had respect for the customers, treated everyone with nice manners but some managers were rude.
Not a bad place to work
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 1, 2018
Its really not a bad place to work but the general manager did not really care for his job his heart was not in it but overall not a bad place to work the crew was friendly and listened to my instructions
Pros
Good pay great work crew
Cons
poor general manager
very good friendly place
Guest Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 28, 2018
They were my first job and I was honored to work with them. Management was under stress so it reflexed their attitude towards their employees. They gave very good hours if you worked hard.
It was fun getting to know the customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMarch 27, 2018
I would come in and count the cash register and make sure it was at 150.00, I would stock the tables and start the tea also put the pieces back on the soda machine, fill up the ice machine, the most enjoyable part was senior Wednesday I loved serving and talking with the elderly.
Pros
you got 50% off of your lunch
Cons
the healthcare insurance was not affordable
Poor management
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAMarch 26, 2018
The management sucks. They are bias and do not know how to talk to people. They give you no hours and they only pay minimal wage with no raise. And no benefits.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
What I learned
Guest Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 25, 2018
I learned at Captain Ds that its okay to enjoy your place of work but also respect others and you would like to be respected, Its a down to earth place of business, Its an awesome first job and the environment is very, very welcoming.
no way i would go back
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNMarch 23, 2018
I would never go back ! I hated the smell of my home after returning from work. the manager was very rude to employees and customers. I would never go back.
Drama filled stressful
Guest Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYMarch 20, 2018
My general manager was awful. The place was always having a lot of drama and nothing would ever be done about it and the employees didn't really seem to care which made it more stressful. We were almost always understaffed. Would not recommend for someone who can't take stress easily. Some days I would go without a break which is illegal.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Management, employees, drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Captain D's Seafood Restaurant. Our community is ready to answer.