Have optimism in promoting people. Don’t judge a book by its cover. There are so many people whom are really intelligent however you deny them because of how they dress or talk.
Not much can be done due to the nature of the job and company. With the way things are, CaptionCall has to make the best of it's situation. Management should keep doing what they are doing as they are amazing. :)
Pay a liveable wage. MINIMUM wage is a great way to show you dont care about your employees!
2. Stop the micromanaging, especially with the to-the-minute potty breaks. We are adults. We are not 3rd graders who need a hall pass to go potty.
I feel so undervalued here.
Your TLS’s need people skills. Most of them think they are above the Captioning Agents. Also, rethink stage cell phone/non-CaptionCall electronic device rule. There’s sensitive information that people are captioning over a computer based system. Cell phones can record, but I’m already on a computer and I could technically record the information if I cared about it
Change rules to actually enforce a good working environment.
The company management needs to visit their locations (not just the ones under this company name) without warning. Just a look at the employees will show you what you need to know from upper management to entry level positions. Read employee reviews. There may be a few disgruntled employees but 95% are factual reviews.
I still work here, but more accountability for supervisors is a great start for improvement. Folks without people skills and mood swings are poor candidates for positions of authority
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Caption Call a better place to work?18 people answered
- How fast do you need to type for this position?15 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Caption Call?11 people answered
- Why did you leave your job at CaptionCall?10 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Caption Call? What are the steps along th…10 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Caption Call?9 people answered
- Is training paid?8 people answered
- What benefits does Caption Call offer?7 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at Caption Call?6 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Caption Call?5 people answered